Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

Vankala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:20 pm
Yea, the ganados and even the frikken' birds drop ammo!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:24 pm
Vankala

Oh, I've just wasted a flash grenade to kill a bunch of crows. Oh? What's this? This crow had a Frag grenade on it... It must have been a suicide bomber.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Lisa Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:30 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Vankala

Oh, I've just wasted a flash grenade to kill a bunch of crows. Oh? What's this? This crow had a Frag grenade on it... It must have been a suicide bomber.

And it is a bit strange how most villagers carry identical chests full of gold coins.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:57 am
Lisa Trevor
Biohazard EXTREME
Vankala

And it is a bit strange how most villagers carry identical chests full of gold coins.

Don't you know, darling Lisa?

Saddler gave all the Ganado's allowance! They had to have something for being mindless puppies to his every will... and what better way than giving them useless shiny coins that aren't even in currency any more?  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kadeejah Seshat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:26 am
Being that RE4 was my first RE game (sad for me), I loved it the first time I picked it up and played it. It really is a fantastic game! ...If you take away the fact that it's supposed to be a Resident Evil game.

After we picked up REmake and 0, 4 kinda went by the wayside, simply because the other games have so much more going for them. The storyline, for one thing, is one of the many details that makes the other games stand out. I mean, where the hell did this not-Spain place pop out of?? Besides that, the sheer fact that they kinda...Made the place up at the drop of a hat was kind of a let down. I know Raccoon City was fictional, indeed, but a "rural part of Europe" left so much to be desired...At least we could relate to a podunk town-turned metropolis like Raccoon City.

Not to mention the fact that the game was far, far too easy. When I'm looking for a quick playthrough, I can complete the game in under a couple of hours, hardly without taking a shot! The Merchant is nice and all, but he by far takes out a good majority of the "let's hope this gun will work" atmosphere. That, coupled with the fact that there was FAR too much ammo to worry about having to conserve it left you feeling like you hadn't a care in the world. About the only thing you have to worry about now is protecting Ashley's teeny-bopper little butt whenever you can't shove her in a dumpster and leave her to her own devices.

To tell you the truth, I think Capcom made the Ganados so much faster and SUPPOSEDLY smarter simply to try and make them more dangerous, and to support future releases with faster, more intimidating enemies. But there were so many statistical anomalies (i.e. El Gigante, Saddler in-and-of himself, that MASSIVE case Leon is just lugging around out of sight, the fact that men and women carrying pitchforks, knifes, maces and stun rods suddenly drop gobs of ammunition, and the fact that this list goes on and on) that it just gave the game a "walk-around-and-blow-people-up" feel, rather than the "fight-to-survive-you-scared-a**-twerp" feel that the rest had.

The ONLY thing that saved that game was the fact that Wesker is still hanging around, plotting - as usual - and the fact that it's fun to continually best my father and my fiancee's scores in the Mercs. But it's still really no surprise that even when I bought it, it was in the Wal*Mart bargain bin for $20.00.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:41 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, essentially you shoot a ganado in the knee or the face, knock them over and then slice them to death while they're down. And even if you don't slice them, you'll just get more ammo later. You didn't have to be resourceful with ammo in RE4 whatsoever. The Striker shotgun's bonus upgrade is 100 shells? WTF!!!

In the gamecube version ammo wasn't a problem, but in the PS2 and Wii version you do have to conserve. Especially the PS2 version, where you got very little compared to the gamecube one.  

FoxyAreku

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:24 pm
Gamer_404
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, essentially you shoot a ganado in the knee or the face, knock them over and then slice them to death while they're down. And even if you don't slice them, you'll just get more ammo later. You didn't have to be resourceful with ammo in RE4 whatsoever. The Striker shotgun's bonus upgrade is 100 shells? WTF!!!

In the gamecube version ammo wasn't a problem, but in the PS2 and Wii version you do have to conserve. Especially the PS2 version, where you got very little compared to the gamecube one.
Not really. I mean, I didn't even notice, so the difference can't be that significant.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:53 pm
RE4 was fun in the beginning but soon it became increasingly boring and I couldn't play it without falling asleep. The bad points are, for the RE game, it's wwwaaaayyyy too easy. I mean, the real re games are hard as hell but re4 is easy as anything. The only thing that saved it was maybe the extra games and Luis for sure biggrin Also, it had alot going on at once, I mean you save Ashley then you have to go to like thousand places to save her. completley pointless. Plus also, I was never a fan of leon and I have friends who have only played RE4 and thinks he's the coolest character ever. Chris could kick his a** anyday.  

Hunterbeta002

Bacillus Anthracis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:12 pm
I must say in the regards to your El Gigante being too fast. I actually complain that it's too slow. I'm the person who knifes them to death for fun. And the part where you face to is a pain in the a** that way. But I still do it. I also knife the Iron Maidens. Now that can be a challenge if you don't know what you're doing.

I always preferred to leave Ashley in the dumpsters. Very convenient.

I remember a part in RE:2 where you walk through the hallways and one side is boarded up. I always know that zombie arms are gonna pop out at me. Makes me jump every time still.

I applaud you people who defend 4. Simply because I feel there are too many bashers. Now people are afraid to make there claims.

Also, could anyone tell me if there is a way to knife the chainsaw people? I can't get close...

And I loved Leon as a character. But that was from RE:2. Seeing a new Leon was great at the beginning. But he is slightly too emo now...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:18 pm
I don't know about other people, but when I say El Gigante is too fast what I mean is that something that huge should not be able to move that fast. It's physically impossible. He would shatter his bones in one night.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kadeejah Seshat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:32 am
Don't get me wrong, I do love the game. Just...Not as an RE game. By the time you've played it enough, you know even where enemies spawn, or how to take them out easily.

Once this happens, you've lost the appeal that anyone truly looks for in RE, or any survival horror game/franchise - The fear. If you look to the game respectably, without being biased because of this, it truly is a remarkable game. It does make for an amusing playthrough, if not only to find more inventive ways to take out your enemies. ...Or destroy Leon, Ashley and the Merchant all at once.

Leon really is a great character, even if he is kinda angsty now...I just wish they'd explained at least marginally more what went on between him and the government, and then him and Krauser. Luis still saves a lot of the game though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:00 am
Eternal_Dume
I must say in the regards to your El Gigante being too fast. I actually complain that it's too slow. I'm the person who knifes them to death for fun. And the part where you face to is a pain in the a** that way. But I still do it. I also knife the Iron Maidens. Now that can be a challenge if you don't know what you're doing.

I always preferred to leave Ashley in the dumpsters. Very convenient.

I remember a part in RE:2 where you walk through the hallways and one side is boarded up. I always know that zombie arms are gonna pop out at me. Makes me jump every time still.

I applaud you people who defend 4. Simply because I feel there are too many bashers. Now people are afraid to make there claims.

Also, could anyone tell me if there is a way to knife the chainsaw people? I can't get close...

And I loved Leon as a character. But that was from RE:2. Seeing a new Leon was great at the beginning. But he is slightly too emo now...

In response to knifing him; walk up into his face, then quickly back up as he starts to swing. Once the chainsaw's down, you can poke him a couple 'times.

And yes, I agree with Kadeejah about loving it as a game in general; but as a Resident Evil game, I dislike it. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can really ADD to the topic that hasn't already been said, so...yeah.  

Himochi Kouen

Bacillus Anthracis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:20 pm
In RE:2 at the end of William Birkin's mutation, have you noticed the top half of his body is at least two times as large as his bottom. He has almost toothpick legs compared to his torso. I'm pretty sure that with his later unstable conditions he would have broken his legs. There will always be something to defy the laws of physics in every RE. Some are just more obvious, like the El Gigante. In REmake, there was that giant shark. I remembered getting killed by it after I drained the water. I'm sure the shark would have suffocated by the time I walked down there.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:08 pm
Eternal_Dume
In RE:2 at the end of William Birkin's mutation, have you noticed the top half of his body is at least two times as large as his bottom. He has almost toothpick legs compared to his torso. I'm pretty sure that with his later unstable conditions he would have broken his legs. There will always be something to defy the laws of physics in every RE. Some are just more obvious, like the El Gigante. In REmake, there was that giant shark. I remembered getting killed by it after I drained the water. I'm sure the shark would have suffocated by the time I walked down there.

It wouldn't have suffocated. Fish can last a relatively long time without water. Fish don't breathe water, the gills are just made to filter out the oxygen, but they do breathe the oxygen. It's just that fish need a certain level of moisture to keep alive.

As for Birkin, his legs weren't that small. His upper body was bigger, but he was clearly very slow, that's why he got on four legs at the end of the battle.
El Gigante should not be able to move that fast, it's impossible. Plus why wold a Plaga make the human skeleton grow so much? It doesn't make sense even how El Gigante came to be, period. RE4's enemies just sucked. Simple as that.
The only good ones were all the Chainsaw people, Del Lago was pretty cool, just in the design itself, still not suitable for RE. As far as I can recall that was about it. The monsters either didn't make sense physically, or they were just boring in design.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vixtro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:02 am
As a Resident Evil game, RE4 is piss poor. As a game in general it's a medicore arcadey shooter.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff