Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
On the subject of dating and marriage Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:28 pm
Minielf
yalie5
Minielf
yalie5
Minielf
My parents don't really give a damn either except they'd prefer I take an asian girl. However, they recommend I don't start hunting for girls until I'm out of uni. xp

lol hunting? lol

Yeah I would say that. lol Half the students in my year have girlfriends and pash passionately with them, more than half will have a date to the formal.

sounds like you're going to go into the woods and shoot yourself some deer lol blaugh

I suppose so, and those woods would be the big city of Melbourne. xd xd

lol well good luck hunting and watch out for bears mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:39 pm
nope  

kittymewmew67

Ikari Nadoka

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:33 am
my parents would most likely want me to date an asian. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:32 am
Ikari Nadoka

For those who live outside East Asia, where the Chinese population is not a majority, do you think parents are being more passive and lenient when it comes to dating/marrying a non-Chinese or non-Asian partner?  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

woundedtiger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:45 am
my parents don't care who I marry as long as he is good to me. But my father would like if I didn't marry anyone who is black. I don't have a problem with that but he really does. But I picture myself with an asian  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:37 am
woundedtiger
my parents don't care who I marry as long as he is good to me. But my father would like if I didn't marry anyone who is black. I don't have a problem with that but he really does. But I picture myself with an asian
huh? I thought you were already married? very confused here neutral  

yalie5

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:00 pm
wiim
Ikari Nadoka

For those who live outside East Asia, where the Chinese population is not a majority, do you think parents are being more passive and lenient when it comes to dating/marrying a non-Chinese or non-Asian partner?

Yes, I think it is because we live in the UK and the majority of people here are non-Asian/Chinese.. they accept that I will meet people I like who aren't Chinese..  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:01 am
My mother cares, but knows that she can't really stop me  

Flammable Bait

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:03 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
wiim
Ikari Nadoka

Yes, I think it is because we live in the UK and the majority of people here are non-Asian/Chinese.. they accept that I will meet people I like who aren't Chinese..

i agree because if they really want their kids to only date or marry asians they're going to have to go back to their native country and ... uh yeah...lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:23 am
yalie5
Niphredil Ithilmir
wiim
Ikari Nadoka

i agree because if they really want their kids to only date or marry asians they're going to have to go back to their native country and ... uh yeah...lol
I saw on the news that parents back in the homeland meet up with other parents almost every weekend to find acceptable spouses for their sons/daughters. The sons/daughters are from 29 to 39 year olds. There was one family that was looking for a husband for their daughter, who is a lawyer in the US, but she doesn't know her parents are doing this. cool  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:07 pm
wiim
yalie5
Niphredil Ithilmir
wiim
Ikari Nadoka

I saw on the news that parents back in the homeland meet up with other parents almost every weekend to find acceptable spouses for their sons/daughters. The sons/daughters are from 29 to 39 year olds. There was one family that was looking for a husband for their daughter, who is a lawyer in the US, but she doesn't know her parents are doing this. cool

Going a bit OTT, surely?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:43 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
wiim
yalie5
Niphredil Ithilmir
wiim
Ikari Nadoka

Going a bit OTT, surely?

geez... i am so glad my parents can't leave the states (no pass ports for them... i flushed them down the loo twisted ) and yeah those parents are uh... a little... ermm.... yeah don't know what to call them. sweatdrop  

yalie5

Minielf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:02 pm
Ooh you nauhgty girl. blaugh Do your parents know about it?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:23 am
@yalie5: First, I want to find out what the "loo" is. Second, your parents won't need to do that until you reach middle-age WITHOUT a husband.  

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:31 am
Simple question for everyone.
Do you preffer to ask or do you preffer the other person to ask?

For me its the other person asking, if I was allowed to date of course. Most of the guys tend to give me mixed signals so I'm not sure most of the time what they are thinking or if they like me even. Plus I hate rejection.
I probally wouldn't show my face for awhile.
(The chinese pride/ego problem.)

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces