Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
anyone's taking chinese class? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you?
  Good!
  Not Sure...
  (No Comment)
View Results

i0m4r123

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:44 am
Well...Fobs aren't really like Noobs. Cause Noobs are like annoying Newbies right? It depends if you are actually offended being called a fob. Some people try to be fobs and that's when they become something like noobs. It's kinda hard to explain...Another way of describing fobs are really asian asians. Like they hang around asians, wear asian style, like asian celebs and generally really asian cultured people. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:08 pm
i think so... sweatdrop my friend was born here(canada) and she's like that. i wasn't born here and i'm not like that. i mean, i'm still into azn stuff but i also like..."white" stuff lol dunno how to call it. i'm definately NOT a banana/whitewashed. i'd consider myself more "yellow" than "white" tho to tell you the truth...

but anyway, about the chinese classes. i lived in hongkong. born there. went to school there till gr.1 (kindergarten,nurseryschool,preschool)

DONOT underestimate those grades. heck, i learned the times tables then! i remember memorizing them and getting kicked out the door of my apartment cuz i refused to lmao...my grandma always let me back in ^.^

so i'd consider that chinese school cuz i learnt chinese there more than anything else...
moved to vancouver. went to chinese school for cantonese till gr.5. i skipped a grade cuz they didn't have gr.3 lmao there weren't enough ppl!
quit cantonese. learnt mandarin for one year. (gr.6)

moved to montreal. don't go to chinese school. why? I HAVE FRENCH to deal with. half the time your classes are french. bilingual. french and english. heck, if u step outside the West Island(more english speakers) you'll find most ppl can't speak english well. some can't speak it for their life!...but ya if i kept going i'd be in gr.11 chinese right now. craaazy to think of that...  

free_blu_sky

[Purely Pure]

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:39 pm
free_blu_sky
i think so... sweatdrop my friend was born here(canada) and she's like that. i wasn't born here and i'm not like that. i mean, i'm still into azn stuff but i also like..."white" stuff lol dunno how to call it. i'm definately NOT a banana/whitewashed. i'd consider myself more "yellow" than "white" tho to tell you the truth...

but anyway, about the chinese classes. i lived in hongkong. born there. went to school there till gr.1 (kindergarten,nurseryschool,preschool)

DONOT underestimate those grades. heck, i learned the times tables then! i remember memorizing them and getting kicked out the door of my apartment cuz i refused to lmao...my grandma always let me back in ^.^

so i'd consider that chinese school cuz i learnt chinese there more than anything else...
moved to vancouver. went to chinese school for cantonese till gr.5. i skipped a grade cuz they didn't have gr.3 lmao there weren't enough ppl!
quit cantonese. learnt mandarin for one year. (gr.6)

moved to montreal. don't go to chinese school. why? I HAVE FRENCH to deal with. half the time your classes are french. bilingual. french and english. heck, if u step outside the West Island(more english speakers) you'll find most ppl can't speak english well. some can't speak it for their life!...but ya if i kept going i'd be in gr.11 chinese right now. craaazy to think of that...

Wow you've been at so many places! eek So you like cantonese better or mandarin better?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:45 am
Noobs can also mean beginners, starters, etc...but if you're right about the definitions about FOBS, I guess I'm one too...because I'm born in Canada...but I'm very asian (not white-washed at all like my cousins)...so I guess I am a FOB o_O But what did Lengedary mean FOBS, mean fresh off boats? confused  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

blossoming-angel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:25 pm
went to learn chinese in grade 1 then ever since then im forever taking chinese classes.. abit annoying sometimes especially when you get heaps of homework to do.. and you hafta take alotta international tests and are pretty troublesome.. at my school theres scholarships too..  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:02 pm
blossoming_angel
went to learn chinese in grade 1 then ever since then im forever taking chinese classes.. abit annoying sometimes especially when you get heaps of homework to do.. and you hafta take alotta international tests and are pretty troublesome.. at my school theres scholarships too..

Lucky, if there was chinese scholarships here, I would ace it. stare  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

blossoming-angel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:15 pm
xXHotBabiBluXx
blossoming_angel

i got it when i wanted to quit doing chinese.. how fun ish that? then i slacked off.. but if i do a deal for that, ill ace it wink mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:17 pm
My husband suppose to be teaching me, but he's lazy, and so am I  

Xiao_Hoa

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:23 pm
blossoming_angel
xXHotBabiBluXx
blossoming_angel

i got it when i wanted to quit doing chinese.. how fun ish that? then i slacked off.. but if i do a deal for that, ill ace it wink mrgreen

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:44 pm
xXHotBabiBluXx
blossoming_angel
xXHotBabiBluXx
blossoming_angel

sweatdrop

im easily bribed sweatdrop  

blossoming-angel

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:46 pm
blossoming_angel
xXHotBabiBluXx
blossoming_angel
xXHotBabiBluXx
blossoming_angel

sweatdrop

xd twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:08 pm
xXHotBabiBluXx
blossoming_angel
xXHotBabiBluXx
blossoming_angel
xXHotBabiBluXx
blossoming_angel

sweatdrop

xd twisted

meh. not my fault.. some guys in my class does bets on whos getting the scholarship each year xd  

blossoming-angel

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:52 pm
blossoming_angel
xXHotBabiBluXx
blossoming_angel
xXHotBabiBluXx
blossoming_angel

sweatdrop

xd twisted

meh. not my fault.. some guys in my class does bets on whos getting the scholarship each year xd

Haha, really? Wow... xd Is everyone the same age as you in chinese school?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:00 am
xXHotBabiBluXx
Haha, really? Wow... xd Is everyone the same age as you in chinese school?

yup xD of course not.. and are you sure ur askign tha rite question? xd you mean in my class? nope. im in yr 8 this year.. and most are 12/13 year olds and there are many younger "kids" like 10 or sumfing.. but sadly to be mean, the are just wannabees who think they are good but are not. sad. they think just because we'r old and australian born we'r dumma.. gonk  

blossoming-angel

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces