Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
-School crap- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:46 pm
||_______________________

• Classes start back on the 16th. Not too happy with mah schedule, but everything's pretty full now D:<
        Oh well. I'm also thinking of a double major or changing majors. I have no idea. Yay.
_______________________||

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:53 pm
Go with what feels right. You could always take on as many subjects you're interested in as possible, then drop them if/when you get sick of them to "try out" each of them.

Ooooh, about schools. I don't get a new timetable this january, we keep the same one the entire year. i THINK anyways lol. Would be so messed up if it wasn't! Anyways to everyone else i started a new college in september, webbie is http://www.greenhead.ac.uk if youre interested... according to two leading national newspapers it's the top 6th form college in the country mrgreen

Muaethia

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:29 am
So basically because the Financial Aid department sucks, I got screwed out of $500 that I needed for books. I have a job, but I won't get my first paycheck for about three weeks, since they like to wait two weeks before they give you your hard earned money. scream So now I have to basically try to make friends, borrow books, and try not to do so bad that when I can buy my books, I can bounce back and get a good grade. This is some school Bull-crap.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:32 am
Our school is awful. It has no funding, used to be a wal-mart type store only smaller, and we learn math on computers.  

russiangal367

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:37 am
russiangal367
Our school is awful. It has no funding, used to be a wal-mart type store only smaller, and we learn math on computers.

You're school used to be a Wal-Mart?! That freaking awsome. I'd wear the blue and white uniform to school everyday! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:58 pm
It wasn't an actually wal-mrt. A farm and Counrty. For the complete list of why my school sucks, see my journal.  

russiangal367

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:00 pm
Yeah, no classes today because of SNOW!!! Booyah!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:36 pm
I hate school.

I've got so much homework to complete.

Damn my procrastination problem. sad

Orson Welles

ecstaesthesia

1,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:10 pm
School in general always bugged me. They cater to the lowest denominator, and while I agree that they need help, damn it, I need a challenge. xd

What bugs me most is conservative teachers. They're so blatantly obvious, especially my history teacher. He supports manifest destiny (yeah, I'm in eleventh grade whee ), fundamentalism, creationism, etc. And because my town is largely conservative, all of my classmates agree with him. When I want to debate, they attack me personally or make stupid, stupid comments like, "Oooh, didn't we come from apes? Why don't we evolutionize (direct quote) back into monkeys?! Ooh ooh! Aah aah!"

It kills me.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:36 pm
ecstaesthesia
School in general always bugged me. They cater to the lowest denominator, and while I agree that they need help, damn it, I need a challenge. xd

What bugs me most is conservative teachers. They're so blatantly obvious, especially my history teacher. He supports manifest destiny (yeah, I'm in eleventh grade whee ), fundamentalism, creationism, etc. And because my town is largely conservative, all of my classmates agree with him. When I want to debate, they attack me personally or make stupid, stupid comments like, "Oooh, didn't we come from apes? Why don't we evolutionize (direct quote) back into monkeys?! Ooh ooh! Aah aah!"

It kills me.

Wow. Just... wow, that's ridiculous.
My town is fairly conservative, too-- adults tend to hate me because I'm blatantly not conservative. But most of the kids at school really don't give a damn, and the ones who do are just ignored.  

ChocoChan

E_Night

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:52 pm
Our school had our semi formal this weekand and it was great. it was held at a community college... they had atomatic restroom doors... HOLY s**t Thtat scared me!!! i like pissed myself... only not

i danced like a hoe and it was good...
wanna see pics? Myspace.com/mccy_mouse  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:43 pm
I'm finding that almost everyone got a snow day on Wensday/Tuesday.

Does everyone live in the Chicago land area, or was the storm really that big? O_o;  

Killian Darkwater

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:44 pm
Killian Darkwater

Does everyone live in the Chicago land area, or was the storm really that big? O_o;

Chi-town represent! Go Bears!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:04 pm
Dathu
Killian Darkwater

Chi-town represent! Go Bears!

But--but.. they lost. crying  

Killian Darkwater

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out