Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Japan(Discussion: Everything about it!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:53 pm
yalie5
okay i did not claim the germans might have whitewashed history. i only asked what makes you so sure that they didn't? and i'm not pointing fingers and accusing people. just stating some things i've heard from my teachers. and no neo-nazis are not a huge influential force in germany because so many of them live in florida. eek And exactly what types of arguing is going on here? i do beleive we were talking about textbooks and riots.

The Germans, after their defeat in WWII, split into East and West Germany. The east was governed by communist USSR, whereas the west was governed by the rest of the allies. During this period it would be impossible to print a book glorifying the holocaust, from basic logic. After the reunification of the two Germanys each of the Chancellors always apologized to the Jewish victims during WWII memorials (you can double check on this if you like), and one of the Chancellors even won the Nobel Peace Prize due to his grievance over the holocaust. As you can see the majority of the Germans know the holocaust is wrong, and to even try to promote that the holocaust is a good thing in Germany would be unthinkable. That's why I'm so sure of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:13 pm
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
okay i did not claim the germans might have whitewashed history. i only asked what makes you so sure that they didn't? and i'm not pointing fingers and accusing people. just stating some things i've heard from my teachers. and no neo-nazis are not a huge influential force in germany because so many of them live in florida. eek And exactly what types of arguing is going on here? i do beleive we were talking about textbooks and riots.

The Germans, after their defeat in WWII, split into East and West Germany. The east was governed by communist USSR, whereas the west was governed by the rest of the allies. During this period it would be impossible to print a book glorifying the holocaust, from basic logic. After the reunification of the two Germanys each of the Chancellors always apologized to the Jewish victims during WWII memorials (you can double check on this if you like), and one of the Chancellors even won the Nobel Peace Prize due to his grievance over the holocaust. As you can see the majority of the Germans know the holocaust is wrong, and to even try to promote that the holocaust is a good thing in Germany would be unthinkable. That's why I'm so sure of it.

what does that have to do with what we're arguing about? we're getting off track again. btw have you noticed that you mainly refer historical stuff to the germans while talking about the japanese? (that's just as far as i can tell.)  

yalie5

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:17 pm
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5

what does that have to do with what we're arguing about? we're getting off track again. btw have you noticed that you mainly refer historical stuff to the germans while talking about the japanese? (that's just as far as i can tell.)

Well you asked me what made me so sure that the Germans didn't do it, so I explained why. As for why I always draw a parallel comparison between the Germans and the Japanese, it's because they share many similarities. Both commited atrocities during WWII, both were of the Axies, both were defeated and had risen from poverty to become respected countries in the world. The only difference between them is how they treat their history during WWII, and how the world seem to have this double standard for them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:27 pm
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5

Well you asked me what made me so sure that the Germans didn't do it, so I explained why. As for why I always draw a parallel comparison between the Germans and the Japanese, it's because they share many similarities. Both commited atrocities during WWII, both were of the Axies, both were defeated and had risen from poverty to become respected countries in the world. The only difference between them is how they treat their history during WWII, and how the world seem to have this double standard for them.

oh. you know that might have been good a few post back. anyways i also notice that you bring up world war 2 often. And the first people you seem to attack (forgive me for using the term. couldn't think of a better word) are the japanese. and also you bring up the atrocities of the japanese so often. have you forgotten that Japan and Germany aren't the only ones who committed atrocities?  

yalie5

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:29 pm
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5

oh. you know that might have been good a few post back. anyways i also notice that you bring up world war 2 often. And the first people you seem to attack (forgive me for using the term. couldn't think of a better word) are the japanese. and also you bring up the atrocities of the japanese so often. have you forgotten that Japan and Germany aren't the only ones who committed atrocities?

My family suffered directly due to the Japanese invasion, can't blame me if I hold a grudge. Call it patriotism or vendetta or whatever you like, but I doubt I can ever put it behind me until they get down on their knees and beg for forgivness.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:33 pm
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5

My family suffered directly due to the Japanese invasion, can't blame me if I hold a grudge. Call it patriotism or vendetta or whatever you like, but I doubt I can ever put it behind me until they get down on their knees and beg for forgivness.

I suppose... but i think the whole of china suffered directly from japanese invasions among other invasions.  

yalie5

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:36 pm
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5

I suppose... but i think the whole of china suffered directly from japanese invasions among other invasions.

Oh yes, not just Japan, there's U.S., Russia, Germany, France, Austria, Britain, and Italy as well, but those are... can't say they're not as bad, just not as recent.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:43 pm
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5

Oh yes, not just Japan, there's U.S., Russia, Germany, France, Austria, Britain, and Italy as well, but those are... can't say they're not as bad, just not as recent.

true... but what about the vietnam wars where americans fought the communist. even though it wasn't in china there was chinese troops... or was that korea? I'm just setting myself up here aren't i? stare  

yalie5

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:55 pm
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5

true... but what about the vietnam wars where americans fought the communist. even though it wasn't in china there was chinese troops... or was that korea? I'm just setting myself up here aren't i? stare

The Chinese were involved in both wars... and as you can see I have no love for Americans evil  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:57 pm
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5

The Chinese were involved in both wars... and as you can see I have no love for Americans evil

i'm american... are you trying to say something?  

yalie5

Cat-Whiskers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:59 pm
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5

American Government stare  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:10 pm
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5
Cat-Whiskers
yalie5

American Government stare
meh most of us hate them. but try to see the logic of the goverment's decision from the government's point of veiw.  

yalie5

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:32 am
@yalie - it's probably not a good idea to get him started.. *flashbacks of certain ED razz moments* *shudders* and also - what logic?

You guys are just arguing in a circle, as far as I can see..  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:44 am
Too lazy to read everything you guys wrote, but cut out the damn quotes! stare

And also about the textbooks, I didn't read the whole text, but just form what I know, only a small portion of the Japanese schools are even using those textbooks, and the people printing those books are under the control of that weirdo Japanese organisation that wants to make Japan go back to it's emperial state~ So we shouldn't worry too much about all this, we should believe in the Japanese people's sense of judgement and right and wrong~ 3nodding

If I'm completely off the topic form what you guys are discussing, then please forgive me, for I am in my bath robe and my feet are cold, so now I shall go in search of some socks in the jungle of stuff that is my room! surprised  

cold_blooded_chick

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:04 am
cold_blooded_chick
Too lazy to read everything you guys wrote, but cut out the damn quotes! stare

Hear, hear.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers