Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Raccoon City Times:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:49 pm
::New Resident Evil 5 Scans::

User Image

Famitsu Magazine released new pictures of Resident Evil. From the looks of it, nothing too majored revealed except a new image of a female character introduced. Below are the scans.

Scan 1
Scan 2
Scan 3
Scan 4

Sources: Famitsu ll ReHorror

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:37 pm
::New Resident Evil 5 Goodness::

User Image

Finally much new and exciting news have emerged. Two new videos have been released, a new trailer of gameplay and an interview with Jun Takeuchi.

Now that the game is 40% near completion, much new information was explained. Listed below is what is confirmed included in the game:
-Much of the enivronment is destructible
-Light and dark lighting effects will be introduced in gameplay
-Over 20 different kinds of weaponary, including fragmentaion and incendiary grenades
-About 20 hrs long to complete
-Herbs will be used to restore your health
-Enemies are much more difficult where they will dodge out of the way if they're being target. Also will strategize to hunt you down.
-The game is revolved around the origins of the Progenitor Virus

RE5 Interview
RE5 Trailer

NOTE FROM ME: Now I know much of the hardcore fans are disgusted with the way Capcom is taking the Resident Evil series, but since they changed it with Resident Evil 4, they will capitalize on the gameplay and improve it. The producer also mentioned that they been experimenting with previous Resident Evils to put back what they lost in the originals.
The game will sum of the famous progenitor virus at the end of the game, so in fact, you can say it's still Resident Evil in some sense. Even though its different from the originals, I feel the series is strong as ever. Feel free to discuss in the Resident Evil 5 discussion thread.

Sources: IGN ll ReHorror

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:34 pm
::Richard Waugh to NOT voice Wesker in RE5::

User Image

Originated from here.
Quote:
Coming right off a week of Resident Evil retrospective, Zentendo got the chance to sit down with the man whose voice, above all others, truly defines the series. Richard Waugh has been the voice of series antagonist Albert Wesker for the longest duration, Starting with Resident Evil Code Veronica, through Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 4. He was also the voice of Wesker in the promotional DVD "Wesker's Report".

This is the first time Richard Waugh has made a public appearance based on a character. He lives and works in Canada on various movies and television programs. He has starred in movies alongside Robert De Niro and Al Pacino. It was only recently that he began to see the impact of his role of Wesker has played on the fanbase. "I had recently been given a bag full of fan mail, that was from across the globe, I even got a letter from a girl in Eastern Europe." It was not long after that he was extended an invite from Fanime to attend this year.

Getting into the role of Wesker was based more off his imagination at first. "Nothing on the game was done when I first went in to record, I was handed a script that gave descriptions of what the creators were looking for. a 6 foot tall man, deep voice, possibly British. Doing the best I could, I tried to imagine this character and used the late actor George Sanders voice work in 'The Jungle Book' as a point of reference." Throughout the games development cycles, Richard would be called back in to do new lines or sometimes a series of grunts "At one point there were this untextured,blocky 3D models and they would be in one pose, and then they would show a picture of them in another pose and you would have to try to connect the dots of missing animation in an action and react off that." Sometimes Capcom would intentionally record a load of dialog to save for later. "They had what they called a 'Tool Box' so that after I had recorded all my lines, they could go in and cut a line short or pull a word out and place it somewhere else." This also helps to explain clunky in game moments where a sentence seems cut short, or the last word seems oddly emphasized. Those who follow the voice acting scene, probably already know that very rarely is voice recording done together with the other actors. "Capcom wanted to make sure everyone recorded their lines separately, presumably for the 'Tool Box'. I remember there was one time I had come to the studio early and I found the Actress for Ada waiting in the lobby. I asked the voice director 'Why don't we record our lines together since were both here' but they were insistent about doing them alone."

Those who have followed the series may know that, even in Japan, The "Resident Evil" or "Biohazard" series always has english dubs. There is no Japanese or European tracks. The games of course are always made in Japan, and this naturally lead to some peculiar bits of translation problems. If you started with the series in 1997 you know full well how silly the original games dialog is. This of course led to some humorous moments recording the lines while Japanese correspondantes from Capcom were present. "There was one monologue in Code Veronica where my line was something like 'You have won to battle today Chris, but tomorrow the sun will rise and that which you have succeeded with today will not save your victory for when I have....' So I brought the voice director over and said something like 'Why don't we just change this to, Tomorow is another day. So she goes over and discusses it with the Capcom people behind the glass wall and for like 10-15 minutes you can see all this murmuring and moving around until finally someone in the sound booth comes up and just says OK". Besides trimming down preachy lengths of dialog Richard Waugh has also made other strides in making Wesker his own "Any time I see a contraction in the script I mark it out and change it. I always make sure Wesker would say 'Can not' and 'Will not'. I always thought it was one of those things that define him as a character"

Those curious about his future as Albert Wesker might be in for a disappointment. If you picked up last years "The Umbrella Chronicles" you might notice something amiss about the voice of Wesker "It's weird because I did the voice recordings for Wesker in Umbrella Chronicles. However Capcom has decided that they want to hire non-union actors in California instead, so my voice was replaced. Which became sort of funny when I heard that the replacement tried sounding like me." This explains the sudden and confusing cast change for "Umbrella Chronicles" shortly after the release of "Resident Evil 4". The voice of Albert Wesker is now being handled by D.C. Douglass in "Resident Evil 5" instead. Richard encouraged fans to let Capcom know how they feel about the change.

Despite being very new to the fan scene, Richard was very patient with the fans, and had multiple signing sessions, even beyond his scheduled time. He was also very funny in playing off his role, and even poking fun of the script in "Seperate Ways" in which every sentence ended in the word "Sample".

Sources: Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:12 am
: razz ossible Fourth Resident Evil Movie::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

“Resident Evil: Extinction,” the third video-game to big screen adaptation in the popular series will likely not be the last, Anderson said, although talks for a fourth film are still in the very earliest stages of development.

“I’m just starting to talk to Sony about it,” Anderson confessed. “I don’t even know if anything will come of it, but there’s a possibility it might happen.”

It would seem like a sure thing given the ending of “Extinction,” which saw Alice (Milla Jovovich) beside herself with rage — literally, thanks to hundreds of perfect clones - promising to travel to the Umbrella Corporation’s headquarters in Japan. But Anderson, who scripted the first three films, says a concrete story hasn’t yet been decided upon. In fact, it’s coming up with a plausible, kick-a** story that’s momentarily holding him up.

“I love the ‘Resident Evil’ franchise and we always try to make the best possible movie we can. If we could find a good ‘Resident Evil 4’ to make, then we would do it,” he said. “But I wouldn’t just do it for the sake of it, that’s for sure.”

Note from Biohazard EXTREME: I sure will be looking forward to this. Anderson's movies are the only branch of Resident Evil that I'm looking forward to in the future. I just hope when he said find a good 'Resident Evil 4', he didn't mean RE4 as we know it. With any luck, this announcement will stir up some activity in the Raccoon Cinema Subforum.

Sources: MTV Movie Blog

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:55 am
::Two Resident Evil 5 Scans::

User Image

In the new Famitsu maganzine, two Resident Evil 5 scans were posted. Nothing too, too new for us, but the new female character's name appears to be "Sheva Alomar". The tattoo on her arm which says "shujaa", which translates to "warrior" for swahil. Also a new masked character appears in some kind of biohazard gas mask of some sort. Could this be Hunk or a new tyrant? If you look at the scans you see two new BSAA logos.

Below are the new scan for you to browse. ENJOY!

Scan 1
Scan 2

NOTE: I plan on updated the Resident Evil 101 thread soon.
Sources: ReHorror

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:15 am
::Resident Evil 5 Release Date::

User Image

According to Chief Producer of Resident Evil 5 Jun Takeuchi, Resident Evil 5 will be released on March 13, 2009 in North America/Europe and March 12, 2009 in Japan.

Source: E3 2008 Microsoft Press Conference

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:13 pm
::Capcom's E3 Resident Evil 5 Update::

User Image

Ahhh, yes, good ole E3 revealed much about Resident Evil 5. Demo, gameplay, enemies, and more were introduced, not to mention the new co-op mode.

First to get started, the Official Resident Evil 5 website has been updated with the new trailer, screenshots, and a new wallpaper. Make sure to check it out.

As mentioned the game will revolve around the Progenitor virus. Chris and his new sidekick Sheva Alomar work together to survive the horde of enemies and challenges that are thrown at them. The demo showed some online co-op and the new covering system. The merchant trading system looks like to make a comeback as you have to pick up gold laying around the area. Below are some links for the demo and co-op mode.

RE5 Demo
RE5 Demo Part 1
RE5 Demo Part 2

Here are some other links of trailers for your eyes:
Japanese Trailer

Expect a late winter release and more news.

Source: E3 2008 Microsoft Press Conference

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:24 am
::New Resident Evil Degeneration Trailer::

User Image

Exciting news on the new animated Resident Evil movie. A new trailer was found on IGN showing a terrorist group holding up a airport. They have threatened to release the T-Virus if their demands aren't met. The trailer mentioned that it's 7 years from the Raccoon incident and the T-Virus was mention at this time. If this is part of the true Resident Evil storyline, then there's a possibility that we could see the virus re-introduced. Anyway, check out the exciting new trailer below.

Resident Evil: Degeneration Trailer

Source: ReHorror ll IGN

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:01 am
::Resident Evil Degeneration Coming Fall 2008::

The new Resident Evil CGI film, Degeneration, is slated for Japanese theatrical release this coming fall and DVD and Blu-Ray later in the year for North America, says IGN and G4's The Feed. The movie has been confirmed to have Paul Mercier and Alyson Court, the voices of Leon from Resident Evil 4 and Claire from the whole series respectively, reprising their roles as the Resident Evil 2 pair.

IGN Article

Source: IGN || G4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:02 pm
::More Updated RE 5 Videos::

User Image

A few more videos of Resident Evil 5 has popped up on IGN. One is an extended trailer to the last one shown at E3. Seems theres a few new enemies introduced into the trailer. In a recent interview, the producer says the game is now 70% complete. Make sure to check out all of them IGN: Resident Evil 5 Vidshere.

NOTE: Theres a brief cutscene to a young girl with blonde hair. Could this be Sherry? Check it out.

User Image

::Where is Shinji?::

Shinji Mikami and Suda 51 since their leave from Capcom have joined up with Electronic Arts for a new horror game thats in the works. The game is to be on all platforms. He says the game is suppose to be dark, scary and exciting. Further details on the way.

Source:s IGN ll ReHorror  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:35 pm
::Resident Evil at TGS 2008::

User Image

Resident Evil 5 was shown at the TGS with a new trailer also with few gameplay footage. The new trailer is very good and a must see, Wesker's new outfit looks soo badass looking. For those of you already seen the new trailer, it seems more clear that Umbrella is re-forming or something. I don't want to give too much for those who haven't seen it, but go and SEE IT!

Much needed demo footage is available. Sit back and take about 30 min and enjoy all the goodness of this game. I have a feeling its going to be way better than RE4!

Resident Evil Trailer NEW

Head over to IGN.com to view all the new screens and demo footage of the preview.

NOTE: Here's two images I saved from my video. The old man reminds me of Marcus. Who is really working for Wesker anyhow?

User Image
User Image

Sources: IGN II ReHorror II 1up.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:14 pm
::New Resident Evil Degeneration Release Date::

User Image

According to Upcoming Horror Movies, Resident Evil Degeneration is set to release on dvd December 30th. Don't know why it was pushed back. Here is a possible cover of the dvd.

Source: UHM

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:20 pm
::4th Resident Evil Movie In The Works::

"I’m writing an adaptation of the Long Good Friday right now, set in present-day Miami. Then I will probably write Resident Evil 4," said Anderson in an interview with a British publication.

The fourth Resident Evil movie is rumored to pick up where Extinction left off: In Tokyo and in Alaska, depicting events that took place after Claire and the remainder of the convoy departed.

Source: Resident Evil Web

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:42 pm
::Ozwell E. Spencer in Resident Evil 5::

User Image

According to an interview with the motion capture of Albert Wesker, he confirms that the old man in the video is indeed Ozwell E. Spencer, one of the founders of Umbrella Inc. Here's the interview:

User Image

Quote:
Will Gibbs: How did you become involved in the production of Resident Evil 5?

Ken Lally: The production company is run by a man, one of the principal owners is named Reuben Langdon. Rueben plays Chris Redfield, and he also played Dante in Devil May Cry, he plays Ken in Street Fighter 4 I think. He’s very big in the Japanese computer games, anime, and movie world. You can actually see pictures of him on my website, he’s a friend of mine. They read a bunch of people for the role, his company called Just Cause. They always used to bring me in for bad guys, I was always playing bad guys. When I went to audition for the role, I did some research on the voice and the character. I went in and just kind of did my best Albert Wesker impression, and just tried to act like a bad a**. Jim Sonzero hired me for the part.

WG: That’s awesome man.

KL: Yeah, we had a lot of fun.

WG: Were you able to use your background in stunts, martial arts, and boxing to your advantage in this role?

KL: Oh definitely. One of the best ways to use it was how Wesker moves through the world. You know, obviously he’s a killer. He’s very adept, and he has a very strong physicality. He’s a dangerous man. I think a lot of actors who don’t have that kind of background couldn’t have moved through the world as well. Well, specifically, when you have that kind of background, the way you stand next to a person, the way you face a person, the way you speak to a person. Where your hands are, where your feet are, the way your knees are bent, where your chin is. Everything’s vastly different, especially if you’re confronting a mortal enemy. The way you would move would be vastly different than if it was just a normal guy portraying the character. So, I think that really helped not only in the fight scenes, in just the day to day. The way you speak. Having a sense of assuredness, A true tough guy, you don’t have to act. A lot of it is just a way you speak and a way you deal with things. I think it really helped add a bit of legitimacy to the character that I think a lot of actors who don’t have that background couldn’t pull off.

WG: That’s awesome. I can tell you that it really comes off that way in the (TGS 0 cool trailer. The new trailer.

KL: Really man?

WG: Yeah, the body language and the movements, the slight head tilts. You know, little things. You do notice that, you’ve got to keep your eyes open, but if you look at the new trailer it’s definitely apparent that you brought something to it.

KL: Oh man, that means a lot to me, thanks Will. That means an awful lot.

WG: I know that the motion capture experience is certainly different than say, your work on Heroes or Alias. How was this different from those kind of roles, the TV roles or the movie roles that you’ve done in the past.

KL: It wasn’t very different. We had guns in our hands, we had actual people fight. The character creation process was the same. We rehearsed the scenes the same, we had a table read before we even went to the set. The way we discussed the character with the director and the Capcom people and created the character. Vocal patterns, body language, everything. It was really cool because Jim just really let us create the characters. So, basically it was a film shoot. I mean, the hardest thing, the first hurdle for a director is to just cast the right people. Once you cast the people, you kind of let them go nuts. Then you mold them and shape them into your own vision. In that regard, it gave us a lot of freedom to create the relationship between Sheva and Chris, and the way I mix in Excella. It was really cool. I like to give more to the director and let him pick and choose. In the shoot, there was a lot more sexuality between Excella and I. A lot more sexuality with her character in general. I think Capcom maybe brought it down a little bit because they wanted Wesker to be a little colder. I brought a little more wild, the wild side of humanity to Wesker (laughs). I think Capcom wanted him to be a little more focused.

WG: That’s another thing I noticed with the trailer, was that there was a scene where Excella was talking to Wesker, without coming on to him, she was. She’s got that voice and that movement.

KL: (Laughs) The actress that plays her, Nina, is a very pretty girl, and she’s been a friend of mine. During the shoot you know, yeah, she’s totally coming on to me. It’s a little less apparent, obviously because of the motion capture and the voice work. Hopefully you’ll get to see the behind the scenes footage when Capcom brings it up. They’re going to post some interviews and stuff, and then you’ll be able to see the difference between what we shot and what is on the game. There’s obviously a little more humanity in the actual shoot.

WG: So, it sounds like you had a lot of friends on the set, that’s always good. Do you have any stories, any crazy things happen while you were filming?

KL: (laughs) There was a lot of martial arts on the set, so we were always goofing off. Throwing kicks and jumping around, we always had a good time with that. Reuben was actually one of the stunt coordinators, and Ken O’Hara who was the action supervisor and stunt coordinator, he’s a great martial artist. So there were always many traps and paths around, so we were always goofing off, and we had a blast with that. Karen Dyer, who plays Sheva, she always had some Youtube video every day. She has a Youtube video of the day. (laughs). I’d come on and we would laugh our asses off. Probably the best story was, the director, Jim Sonzero, we had these two characters that were upper crust. (In snooty voice) Albert Wesker (laughs).Where Wesker was like this kind of upper crust (laughs). It’s probably just funny to us, and I don’t know why I’m telling it to you Will (laughs).

WG: (laughs) That’s awesome.

KL: So, Jim Sonzero and I had these two characters that were these upper crust English men, and we sort of pretended that were in the game. We were like the two old guys on The Muppet Show (laughs). It’s kind of location joke, you kind of had to be there.

WG: The two guys sitting up on the balcony (laughs).

KL: (laughs) Exactly, we were always heckling Chris and Sheva. Hack on them a little bit, make them try to break character (laughs).

WG: So, were you a fan of the games, or the movies before you took the role?

KL: I don’t play a lot of games. Actually, I don’t play any games. I played GoldenEye about ten years ago when that was out, but that was pretty much the last time I played a video game. But after watching the stuff that I saw, when I went in for my interviews a couple of weeks ago, about a month ago, I can’t wait. This is like the first game I’ve ever really wanted to play (laughs). It just looks so cool. It’s better than any motion capture movie I’ve ever seen, like Polar Express or Beowulf. I mean, just the design and the concept of lighting, even though it’s computer generated, the world itself is so unique and so dangerous. It’s shocking how unique it is. I would want to play the games just to immerse myself into that world.

WG: It looks fantastic. I know that I’m excited (laughs).

KL: Yeah, and I’m not even a fan. I’m not a fan of the games and I want to play. I can’t imagine what you fans are going through (laughs).

WG: (laughs) We’re going pretty nuts over here. Do you have a favorite character from Resident Evil 5?

KL: Oh mine, for sure (laughs). Mine for sure, I mean everybody loves a good bad guy. I mean, what’s not to love? Wesker’s a bad a** (laughs). You almost want to join up with him, and get on his team, of course he’d kill you if you weren’t quick enough (laughs).

WG: Now obviously Wesker’s a very complex character to play, I’m sure. What do you think about his motivations and his goals? What do you think makes him tick as a character?

KL: Well, I have a really interesting scene with Spencer at the Spencer Estate, which you see a little bit of in the trailer. It really offered a lot of insight into the character for me. I don’t know how much I can tell you , there’s been a little bit revealed, but I can say that I found out through the course of the script, when I was reading the script, that the relationship I have; that scene really established a lot with Spencer and I and offered a lot of insight into my character. So keep your eyes peeled for that scene, and I think once the game comes out I can probably talk a little more about that.

WG: Alright, we’ll have to do another interview man.

KL: Cool, I’m down.

WG: Wesker's motivations and plans have always been shrouded in mystery, do you think Resident Evil 5 will shed some light as to his grand scheme?

KL: Oh yeah, and his motivations as a villain.

WG: You said that there’s a lot of fighting, and a lot of physicality involved obviously in the filming, any good fights to look forward to?

KL: Yeah. There’s a couple of fun, fun fights. Now I’m under non-disclosure agreement so I can’t mention a lot. You’ll have to wait for the game. Let’s just say I “toy” with Chris and Sheva a lot. I’m pretty well adept at dealing with them. In the interactions we have I toy with them a lot. I can’t say how, but I think you’re going to really enjoy it.

WG: What was it like to see your performance with all of the completed digital effects in the trailer?

KL: It was awesome. I’m so proud of it. But probably the thing I’m most proud of was my picture on the big screen at the Tokyo Game Show. It had Resident Evil 5, and it had Albert Wesker, and it had him standing there, and I chose the way that Albert stood. The way he stood was with his left hand behind his back, and his right hand a little forward, almost by his chin. Capcom didn’t like it so much, and Jim was kind of on the fence about it, but Reuben liked it, he understood it, because why I did it that way was because my left behind my back helped secure my shoulder holster, it kept it tight against my body. My right hand forward by my chin not only helped me cover up in case I had to deflect a hand attack, but was closer to my gun if I had to reach for it. It was all, in a way, I could draw that gun faster if I needed it. It was all that you need to do that. So, when I explained that to Jim and Capcom they kind of got it. They were still on the fence about it, but I was very proud to see that that stance was the stance that they chose for the picture of Wesker they had on the wall at the Tokyo Game Show. I was very proud that I created that stance. Even though they were on the fence about it, they ultimately, obviously ended up liking it. So that was a very proud moment for me.

WG: Would you consider taking another role like this? Or even playing Wesker again if the opportunity came up?

KL: Absolutely, I mean I’ve played similar characters in video games. On a few characters in World of Warcraft, and I played a couple of characters in Castlevania too. I played a kind of funky character in the Darkness. I’m always playing bad guys, and the best thing about video games is they’re very epic. Like a Peter Jackson movie. You get to say lines like “I’m gonna’ kill you last”, or “Your soul will burn in hell for eternity” you know (laughs)? Stuff like that, that day to day your average actor on General Hospital or something doesn’t get to pull off (laughs). So hell yeah, I mean any chance I get to play an epic character like this where you get to say the best lines ever written, hell yeah.

WG: What would you say is the overall theme of Resident Evil 5's story?

KL: This may sound cheesy, but friendship honor and duty.

WG: Any future projects that the fans should know about? Anything coming up?

KL: I am the stunt choreographer and fight coordinator on a couple of films coming out. One called “I Am” which stars Keiko Aylesworth, who is on Heroes this season. I don’t know if the character’s appeared yet, but she’s one of the main stars of Season 3. The other one is a movie starring Rob Dyrdek, he’s a pro skater, and Ryan Dunn from Jackass. That movie’s called “Street Dreams”. I have a TV show in development right now, which I can’t talk about, it’s under a non-disclosure agreement, and a film which is tied to that TV show. So hopefully once the stuff gets out, I’ll post it on the website. Hopefully I’ll be able to make the round as Albert Wesker at the gaming-cons, because it’s such a great character and I would love to be bale to do that.

WG: So, any final things to say to the fans? Teasers, hints, anything fun?

KL: I have a really good sidekick on this game. Keep your eyes peeled for Weskers sidekick. I think you’re going to enjoy it (laughs). And good luck trying to kill me (laughs)! Keep your eyes peeled for interview too, because in the interviews I’ll do my Wesker voice, and I think you’ll be pleased.

WG: Thanks again Ken.

KL: My pleasure.

Sources: ReHorror

MM-212 Beta
Captain

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items