Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
1st posts here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hhungry

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Okay,
I'm Jenn.
I'm Younger Than You.
I Gd A Lot.
Some Of My Favorate Bands Are Three Days Grace, And Afi.
I Live In Newfoundland.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:05 pm
Im Philip
Im Emo
I dont look emo but i am
My Fav Band is Fall Out Boy and other type of rock music  

TheGreat_Philip

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:54 pm
June_Tears
Rellik San
....Well look at my profile, none of us are safe. D:

Haha, I know what you mean, I actually saw the anime before I knew about the books, that was back when I was 7, I started reading the books when I was 10. Its amazing. I know what you mean about the star wars fans though, I like it and all, but it just isn't as good as people make out. Personally I've become quite fond of cult sci-fi films that about 3 people in the world have seen like 'Enemy Mine'.

Ha ha ha. Your comments are 60% estrogen abundant the other 40% from Chaos. That's quite hilarious.

Ugh, it's horrible how bad Star Wars screwed me over. The books were decent, interesting, and the first "Luke, I am your father" movie was alright. I could live with that being a part of the sci-fi world. But no, they just had to make the RotS portray an f-ing baby Anakin the female population could just sit and 'fawn' over. That killed it for me.

"Aw, his mommy just died and now he's 'hiding' his sadness by making some thing. He's so strong. Omg, he's crying. He's sooo sensitive. I think I'll go orgasm now." Quite sad and dissapointing when girls from school are saying they like Star Wars when they've only seen RotS and clearly don't even know that Sky turns into Darth Vader. But, hey, what's a guy do?

Enemy Mine, I found it a bit cliche but enjoyable. It's one of the firsts I would recommend to anyone curiously exploring sci-fi. I don't really have many real sci-fi fans around me, so I'm no expert on the underground sci-fi films to warn you now. My all-time favorites are usually well known e.g. GATTACCA, Metropolis, The Matrix (as in only the first one), Invasion of the Body Snatchers, etc.

Any recommendations?

Hahaha, I know its disturbing so many people find me charming.

I still demand an explanation of how Anakin turned from little cry baby who can't handle life and is a spoilt brat, turns into the biggest, baddest coldest mutha in the galaxy. The fan girls resulting from it are worse, I can understand fawning over Luke and Han, hell even Obi Wan, those guys had charm in some form or another. But Anakin... he had two modes, whipping boy and little b***h. Ha, I bet those girls haven't even seen what an X-Wing looks like, let alone, A, Y and B wings.

Oh its ok, just keep an open mind about it really. Haha. GATTACCA, now that is a film you don't see too often mentioned in favourtite sci-fi lists, I absolutely adore it though, its an awesome film, visually and story wise. Which Metropolis by the way, the original or Osama Tezuka's version?

If you like the Matrix, I highly recommend Equilibrium, it was passed off as a cheap Matrix clone, but nothing is further from the truth, sure it has guys in long coats doing cool stunts with guns, thats as far as it goes comparatively, its very much like Orwell's 1984 in terms of the world its set in. Also Dark City, it was released during the big sci-fi drought of the early - mid 90's, so was over looked, but beleive me the film is very worth tracking down and features 3 of my favourite actors (Kiefer Sutherland, Jennifer Connelly and Richard O'Brien).  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Rellik San

I still demand an explanation of how Anakin turned from little cry baby who can't handle life and is a spoilt brat, turns into the biggest, baddest coldest mutha in the galaxy. The fan girls resulting from it are worse, I can understand fawning over Luke and Han, hell even Obi Wan, those guys had charm in some form or another. But Anakin... he had two modes, whipping boy and little b***h. Ha, I bet those girls haven't even seen what an X-Wing looks like, let alone, A, Y and B wings.

Oh its ok, just keep an open mind about it really. Haha. GATTACCA, now that is a film you don't see too often mentioned in favourtite sci-fi lists, I absolutely adore it though, its an awesome film, visually and story wise. Which Metropolis by the way, the original or Osama Tezuka's version?

If you like the Matrix, I highly recommend Equilibrium, it was passed off as a cheap Matrix clone, but nothing is further from the truth, sure it has guys in long coats doing cool stunts with guns, thats as far as it goes comparatively, its very much like Orwell's 1984 in terms of the world its set in. Also Dark City, it was released during the big sci-fi drought of the early - mid 90's, so was over looked, but beleive me the film is very worth tracking down and features 3 of my favourite actors (Kiefer Sutherland, Jennifer Connelly and Richard O'Brien).

It's so bad, I know my brotha.

GATTACCA was.. is unforgettable. The first time I saw it, I was all proud of having clung to sci-fi even through the ridicule of others. I was like, see, see! This is what I'm talking about! I'm talking about the original. The art of the anime just does not look appealing to me at all. Like some kind of fusion of Astro Boy and Pee Wee's playhouse...

Long coats, guns, actions, that's enough to hook me. And my Labyrinth, Beautiful Mind Jennifer! Sweet.

Placeo

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:07 am
June_Tears
Rellik San

GATTACCA was.. is unforgettable. The first time I saw it, I was all proud of having clung to sci-fi even through the ridicule of others. I was like, see, see! This is what I'm talking about! I'm talking about the original. The art of the anime just does not look appealing to me at all. Like some kind of fusion of Astro Boy and Pee Wee's playhouse...

Long coats, guns, actions, that's enough to hook me. And my Labyrinth, Beautiful Mind Jennifer! Sweet.

Well, people might call us geeks, but just remind them, we have something more to talk about then 'what suchabody was wearing.' Its what I always do. smile Ahhhh the original Metropolis, father of sci-fi as we know it. As undoubtedly, Star Trek is its mother. To be honest the art is what put me off the anime version too, I can't get into Osama Tezuka's work because of it.

Wow, someone who Knows Jennifer Connley for something other the Beautiful Mind, I'm impressed. Just to warn you Dark City is very slow moving, in terms of action, but its more about the suspense.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:37 am
Rellik San
June_Tears

Well, people might call us geeks, but just remind them, we have something more to talk about then 'what suchabody was wearing.' Its what I always do. smile Ahhhh the original Metropolis, father of sci-fi as we know it. As undoubtedly, Star Trek is its mother. To be honest the art is what put me off the anime version too, I can't get into Osama Tezuka's work because of it.

Wow, someone who Knows Jennifer Connley for something other the Beautiful Mind, I'm impressed. Just to warn you Dark City is very slow moving, in terms of action, but its more about the suspense.

Very, true. But I must admit that we do have some bad points too. Like when [insert name] came to school in a jedi costume and started smacking people in the head with his $150 lightsaber. You know the kind that lights up and makes sounds when it makes contact or swishes through the air. I mean I thought it was hella funny, but I don't think the people with bruises are quite on the same page.

Star Trek, wow, that takes me back a long time. I remeber watching the entire series in about 2 days.

Low-action or slow developement is alright with me as long as the story is strong. I'll be on the lookout for it.

What do you think about A.I.? Overall, I thought it was a beautiful in a graphical sense, and robotic child searching for a purpose, but the aliens at the end kind of seemed like an "unfitting" way to go. Like it was the last ditch effort of the writers to get the ending to be with the kid and the mom dying. Your thoughts?

Placeo

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:13 am
June_Tears
Rellik San
June_Tears

Very, true. But I must admit that we do have some bad points too. Like when [insert name] came to school in a jedi costume and started smacking people in the head with his $150 lightsaber. You know the kind that lights up and makes sounds when it makes contact or swishes through the air. I mean I thought it was hella funny, but I don't think the people with bruises are quite on the same page.

Star Trek, wow, that takes me back a long time. I remeber watching the entire series in about 2 days.

Low-action or slow developement is alright with me as long as the story is strong. I'll be on the lookout for it.

What do you think about A.I.? Overall, I thought it was a beautiful in a graphical sense, and robotic child searching for a purpose, but the aliens at the end kind of seemed like an "unfitting" way to go. Like it was the last ditch effort of the writers to get the ending to be with the kid and the mom dying. Your thoughts?
Which is why I always did it against friends, who had planned it with me, no one else gets hurt, except a few people who are stupid enough to be under us when we jump of balconies. Hehehe saying that these are also the people. who when we got a new set of swords, doused them in lighter fluid, set the alight and had a flamming sword fight with.

Hahaha thats dedication for you, I did the same thing I was a late commer to bleach so me and a friend watched 80 episodes in two days. No break. haha.

Oh the story is definatly strong.

A.I. you pretty much summed up my thoughts, its like at the end they ran out of steam so found a way to tack on a happy ending, if it ended at the blue fairy though, I guess it wouldn't feel complete. I don't really know though, how do you end what is basically sci-fi Pinochio? If they had him become a real boy, everyone would've screamed 'Bicentenary Man' at Spielberg.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:37 am
Rellik San
Which is why I always did it against friends, who had planned it with me, no one else gets hurt, except a few people who are stupid enough to be under us when we jump of balconies. Hehehe saying that these are also the people. who when we got a new set of swords, doused them in lighter fluid, set the alight and had a flamming sword fight with.

Hahaha thats dedication for you, I did the same thing I was a late commer to bleach so me and a friend watched 80 episodes in two days. No break. haha.

A.I. you pretty much summed up my thoughts, its like at the end they ran out of steam so found a way to tack on a happy ending, if it ended at the blue fairy though, I guess it wouldn't feel complete. I don't really know though, how do you end what is basically sci-fi Pinochio? If they had him become a real boy, everyone would've screamed 'Bicentenary Man' at Spielberg.

Hahaha! That's hilarious. Must go get lighter fluid now.

I did the same thing with Fullmetal Alchemist. 51 episodes in one day. My bladder is still scarred. xp

I completely agree. I really am glad they didn't end with him becoming a real boy, but pulling in aliens? Come on. Creative but lacking.

Placeo

XxChiyoKanzakixX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:42 am
Um..Hi... I'm Chiyo...You can call me Chi I won't go into my life story...It's..Kind of bad -_- Anyway... I'm a quiet person...Unless I'm singing..Music is my escape from everything and I've never cut. I have friends, few, but yes friends, and they care about me too much, I won't say I've never thought about it, and I won't say I've never thought of suicide either. I'll just say this, compassion is my curse. As for music, I love a ton of bands, so heres the genres; Emo, Screamo, Hardcore, Rock, Classic Rock, Glam Rock, Death Metal, Metal, Industrial, Alternative, and Eminem is the only rap I'll listen to. If there's anything you want to know, just ask... OH I almost forgot to put in my bit on Henry David Thoreau...Favorite writer ever. If you haven't, read "Walden" very good...Now I can leave...Buh Byes.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:10 pm
June_Tears
Rellik San

Hahaha! That's hilarious. Must go get lighter fluid now.

I did the same thing with Fullmetal Alchemist. 51 episodes in one day. My bladder is still scarred. xp

I completely agree. I really am glad they didn't end with him becoming a real boy, but pulling in aliens? Come on. Creative but lacking.

We only finished because the neighbours called the police for us causing a disturbance. It was an awesome fight though, we both love melodramatic sword play.

Well at east it cements your dedication as a fan of whatever it is. smile

Its how Spielberg ends most sci-fi, lets be honest here.

Ohhh what did you think of Existanze? that David Cronenberg film?  

Rellik San
Captain

Katharyn Heartbreaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:25 am
• H E L L O !
• I am puppet(I just like that name, but usually they either call me Puppet, or kat...)
• I am a girl, and I am 13 going on 14 on May 21
• I am been called Emo/Scene/SxE. I mean I have not problems with that, but it is when some random person comes up and asks..."Do you cut yourself?" I just want to slap them.
• I write poetry, and draw also! I am going to be learning how to play guitar here soon.
• I have problems to, but they are kinda bad, so I won't go into them. Basically, I hate my dad.
• My favorite bands right now are: Mcr, Msi, three door down, the cranberries,queen, and other 80s industrial.
• Any questions, just shoot them at me!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:47 am
Rellik San

We only finished because the neighbours called the police for us causing a disturbance. It was an awesome fight though, we both love melodramatic sword play.

You should have Youtubed it. ******** hilarious.

Yes, I suppose. No pain no gain anyway.

True, very true.

eXistanZe rocked my mofo socks off. Virtual reality, killing, Jennifer Leigh. Love biggrin . I felt a bit bad for Pikul when she forced him into a pod though. Aw well, still awesome.

Placeo

t.jester

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:53 pm
wow... i already effed up...

so here i am... newb/n00b/newbie/etc...
Rey's the name
NOT here to "b***h" and complain "like all the other emo kids"
here b/c my other guilds got boring and i wanted something new. ^_^

... good enough?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:39 am
hi im emolord2 i cant afford the clothes so my avi dosent look emo

my favorite bands are panic at the disco & my chemicle romance emo  

emolord2

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:35 am
June_Tears
Rellik San

You should have Youtubed it. ******** hilarious.

Yes, I suppose. No pain no gain anyway.

True, very true.

eXistanZe rocked my mofo socks off. Virtual reality, killing, Jennifer Leigh. Love biggrin . I felt a bit bad for Pikul when she forced him into a pod though. Aw well, still awesome.

Our camera was broken at the time, otherwise, I'd have a link for ya.

Hahaha, well let me put it this way, your not one of those people that would've tried to convince me, after I'd seen the entire series on release with japan (I love Dattebayo razz ) it was 156 episodes long. I wanted to hurt those people so badly.

Haha, yeah, the ending is a total way to mess with your mind though, seriously I was all like wait... so that bit was... then what about.. and the? WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED! Then I watched it again and it made sense.  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 51 52 53 54 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games