Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
-Movies- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crooked_Lamb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:10 pm
No actually, i don't think i ever saw them. I was just browsing on demand movies one day...but honestly the description given makes you think its "another" romance movie. But its so much more and leaves you thinking.

I loved the backwards credits...

blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:37 pm
I had only seen one poster for Black Snake Moan.

I though it seemed like crap; another tough movie about hard luck.

But I was amazed with it - simply amazed. See it. You cannot have a good expectation of it, so just watch it and enjoy the airtight dialogue.  

Theophrastus

o Key o

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:05 pm
Lyoko_Alchemist
Dathu
Lyoko_Alchemist
No one i know has seen the movie

Rules of attraction

Its an amazing movie though very sexual....has anyone here seen it???

Oh yeah. College kids love that movie. It's pretty close to what college is like except a little less drug use, but then that may just depend on where you live. sweatdrop I must say though, it's the only time I thought James Vanderbeak could act. Really a good film.

I thought all the actors did a good job...its weird how not many people have seen such a good movie...

I have seen this ^^
It was good. But then, I like moody movies about sad young people.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:07 pm
I'd actually heard about Black Snake Moan awhile ago... because I'm a Christina Ricci fan sweatdrop . So I will see it.

But is it just me, or has Samuel L. Jackson been in way too many movies recently?

o Key o

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:48 pm
He's been in lots of movies for years. His personally stated goal is to be in more movies than any other actor. The thing is, people are just starting to realize that he's not just whoring himself out, but that his presence tends to make most movies a little better. The guy's got my respect.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:07 pm
I didn't realize that. I just noticed that he's been in so many things lately, and the quality hasn't always been great... I mean, Snakes On A Plane wasn't exactly a masterpiece.

Add to that Samuel L. Jackson starring in a cartoon called "Afro Samurai", the Farce of the Penguins, and now two upcoming movies... not to mention five or so in the works... The guy is just everywhere.

So yes, not knowing that much about him, except for a couple past movies (serious roles), I thought he was just whoring himself. sweatdrop

o Key o

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:15 pm
Theophrastus
He's been in lots of movies for years. His personally stated goal is to be in more movies than any other actor. The thing is, people are just starting to realize that he's not just whoring himself out, but that his presence tends to make most movies a little better. The guy's got my respect.

Of COURSE he makes movies better! He's Samuel L. Jackson! If there was a list of the most badass people in history, he would be in the top ten for sure.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:29 pm
So far I have seen a lot of movies this summer, some old and some new, and by far my favorite was "Transformers." Sorry folks, but I loved it! And my second favorite was "The Chipmunk Adventure" which is a very old film that you'd have to be 21+ to remember as a child, but it is still good today and has some awsome original music! mrgreen  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:10 pm
Dathu
So far I have seen a lot of movies this summer, some old and some new, and by far my favorite was "Transformers." Sorry folks, but I loved it! And my second favorite was "The Chipmunk Adventure" which is a very old film that you'd have to be 21+ to remember as a child, but it is still good today and has some awsome original music! mrgreen

I couldn't stand the Transformers movie. The giant robots took a backseat to the pathetic little humans. It was a travesty.

On the other hand, I didn't think I'd like Hairspray, since I'm not a musical kind of guy (aside from West Side Story, which ruled). But it was really good. Half the fun was seeing my friend squirm every time John Travolta showed up on screen as the main character's mother.

And Christopher Walken's the father. Hell yes.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:53 pm
ProjectOmicron88

And Christopher Walken's the father. Hell yes.

Seconded. Oh yes, very much seconded.  

Killian Darkwater

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:21 pm
I've been watching a lot of really old movies lately. I'm a huge fan of the works of Charlie Chaplin at the moment and I was really excited when I found out that his movie "The Kid" was put into Gaia Theaters, because I can't seem to find it anywhere for a good price.

I've also discovered the works of Ingmar Bergman. (he died earlier this month sad )

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:43 pm
Blasphemize
I've been watching a lot of really old movies lately. I'm a huge fan of the works of Charlie Chaplin at the moment and I was really excited when I found out that his movie "The Kid" was put into Gaia Theaters, because I can't seem to find it anywhere for a good price.

I've also discovered the works of Ingmar Bergman. (he died earlier this month sad )

I've been getting into classics myself. I saw Casablanca for the first time last week and got choked up at the ending. crying  

ProjectOmicron88

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:44 am
Anyone seen Between the Walls? It's got an odd, Silent Hill sort of atmosphere to it that I find intriguing. Notwithstanding the fact that it's a little more true-to-life than Silent Hill.

Be warned, however. It's a Focus on the Family film, sponsored by none other than Dr. James Dobson. So assassinate me now, if you must, but I liked it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:45 pm
The Invasion - B+

Great acting, creepy atmosphere, good cinematography and fitting score. This is not a remake of either of the older Invasion of the Body Snatchers movies. It was a rewrite of the original novel, The Body Snatchers which was later screenwritten by the Wachowski Brothers.

Superbad - A+

Holy s**t. This is without a doubt the funniest movie I've seen all year. If any of you aren't already in love with Michael Cera and Bill Hader, now's your chance. Great, great movie. My sides still hurt.  

Theophrastus

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:17 pm
ProjectOmicron88
Blasphemize

I've been getting into classics myself. I saw Casablanca for the first time last week and got choked up at the ending. crying

Hahah, I just watched Casablanca last night. rofl  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces