Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil Theories Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:41 am
umbrella will never be the same as it used to be, true, but happened to
the plagas sample?

correct me if im wrong but didnt ada betray wesker?

where is this sample going to?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:27 pm
Well, whatever Capcom has planned, it won't be half as awesome as what Resident Evil started out with.
And I'm not gonna bother tuning into the future titles, so Capcom can do what they want.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:06 pm
wow change of heart in bio since last time i was here...

so you miss the huge public control theme umbrella had?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:20 pm
Among MANY other things, yes. It was the conspiracy aspect of it that was appealing.

Realistically speaking, let's say you have this bad company like... Well, like Los Illuminados. They're not putting on a friendly face for everyone. The scenario of RE4 was stupid in that, Leon goes in, asks about Ashley, then bam, a whole village attacks him. Now, by THEN, the smart thing to do would've been, "Hunnigan. There's some hostiles. Send backup. Lots of backup. A military plane full of paratroopers."
And they wouldn't have a problem with it, because it's not like in their eyes, Los Illuminados were friendly.

That's why the classic RE scenario was so much more appealing. It's like, a big team enters the mansion, those who don't get slaughtered, come out alive, go back to the RPD, and people either didn't believe them, or were already in cahoots with Umbrella, and tried to suppress STARS. So because of that, STARS couldn't call in a full on cavalry on Umbrella.

Now, if Wesker was to re-establish Umbrella, there's no way it's gonna have a friendly face. So what's keeping Chris from calling on a full on squad of 50 guys, instead of fighting off 100 Africans on his own? It's just not interesting anymore.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:45 am
lets play lets pretend,

would you think umbrella would still be like that if they changed their name?

and i thought chris was just some renegade person. Hes all on his own isnt he?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:50 am
I'm not sure what you're asking with that Umbrella question.

And I dunno what Chris is doing, but that BSAA lettering on his T-Shirt must mean he belongs to SOME organization.
Either way, he and Jill were a part of some military unit in Umbrella Chronicles (and I mean AFTER Raccoon City, I don't mean S.T.A.R.S. lol), so he'd at least have that.

Either way, I'm not gonna bother with RE5, so I could care less about what Chris is doing in it. As far as I'm concerned, everything that happened after Code Veronica is up to my imagination.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:12 am
what i meant was what if umbrella started back up with a different name and they hid the old company in secrecy

i thought that logo was the S.T.A.R.S logo lol. i couldnt tell what it was.

and as for that last statement you made... i feel bad for you, you've given up hope for the future of RE...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:32 pm
Nope, STARS was disbanded. As far as the game was concerned, there were no other branches of STARS.

And hey, don't feel bad for me. I feel bad for all those who are still gonna bother wasting money on the crap that Capcom dishes out.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:17 pm
you cant just stay in the past forever! dude you and I both know your gonna play RE5  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:19 pm
Haha, no I won't.
I'm gonna pretend that it doesn't exist. Not gonna play it. Not gonna WATCH a playthrough. Not gonna read up on it. It doesn't exist.
I already got rid of RE4, and Umbrella Chronicles, and am so happy for it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:23 pm
explain why umbrella chronicles was so bad.
(i dont have a wii sweatdrop )

i heard it was basically a huge first person shooter that explained the whole racoon city incident  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:37 pm
Well, I simply don't like it when... Okay, it's like, imagine you got a storyline as you know it. And then they basically rewind it back to the beginning and introduce new stuff to it, that we're supposed to pretend like it was there the whole time.

Basically the new villain, Sergei Vladimir. They introduced him like he was supposed to be there the whole time. They show him in the RE0 scenario, then in the RE1 scenario, where he's right in the Mansion, stealing a BOW that was supposed to be there the whole time (which ends up being the final boss).
And I hate that, because it changes the whole perception of the storyline. They showed me Remake, as it was. Great. As far as REmake is concerned. There was no Sergei Vladimir in the mansion, there was the Tyrant and no other ultra-powerful one of a kind BOW.
Now that they introduced those elements, it changed the whole view of how I see the storyline. And I hated that.

Plus they killed ALL the mystery behind Wesker, who they portrayed horribly. First of all, they reveal all the little details about how he was resurrected, and how he escaped the mansion. Which was better off as a mystery.
And like I said, he was portrayed horribly. Like, while you play as Wesker, seeing as how he travels alone, he narrates to HIMSELF. Which surpasses anything you might've considered cheesy in RE in the past. He'd be walking around like, "Oh, my new powers are amazing!" "Ah, I see you're still alive."
It's very lame.

Let's say I don't like the events which happened in RE4. RE4 is there on its own. But Umbrella Chronicles actually tried involving the events of the previous games which I DID like. And as a result, it made me lose my love for REmake, RE2, RE3, etc. It almost ruined the series for me. If I hadn't gotten rid of it, there was a chance I might've not been able to play RE ever again, even the older games.

It's already happened with Final Fantasy 7, after all the spinoffs and sequels (although that's my fault for actually WATCHING/PLAYING them.) I can't play it anymore, Square killed it for me.
And I noticed that the same thing started happening with Resident Evil. So I got rid of RE4 and UC before the other games were ruined for me.
And guess what? I once again regained my love for Remake, RE2, RE3 etc.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:54 pm
wow thats pretty deep dude
well theres gotta be something that can be done other than play the old games over and over.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:58 pm
Why? The old games are awesome! They'll always remain classics. And even if I did like RE4, and all the new RE installments, it's not like I wouldn't play the old ones anymore.

I always replay my old games, rewatch my movies. I must've beaten Remake over 20 times now. I know I've beaten RE3 over 20 times. And I'll gladly beat each of them another 20 times.

What if, after RE0, Capcom said that they finished off RE series and there would be no more RE games made?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:24 pm
im not saying the classics are bad, ive replayed a bunch of times myself, its just that sometime, sooner or later, your gonna wanna play the new game.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff