Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Favorite Resident Evil Villain Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite RE villain?
  Albert Wesker
  William Birkin
  Jack Krauser
  Ada Wong
  Osmund Saddler
  Ramon Salazar
  The Ashfords
  Nikolai Ginovaef
  Other
View Results

Locust Girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:18 pm
Just wondering.

Of course, this is an extremely redundant question, but I really must know. What's the big deal about Albert Wesker? I can respect the fact that he's super evil. That every single friggin' person in this guild loves him to death. But honestly, what's the big attraction?

Personaly, I'm not the biggest "Wesker Fan." I think his lines are too cheap, that he was made to be too much of a one-liner. In a nut-shell: he's way over-done, especially in the latest game, "Umbrella Chronicles."

So he's not my favourite.

Tell me why the rest of you adore him.
[On a side note, William Birkin is the CUTEST 'villain', while James Marcus is the most TWISTED. A favourite of mine can be made between the two.]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:19 pm
Frankly, I pretend like Umbrella Chronicles never happened. Yes, I agree with you, Capcom really ******** him up, as they did with many things.

To me, most of Wesker's appeal comes from RE1/Remake. That was his coolest game. After that it was just like, "Oh, here's that same character who was cool in that one game, so he must still be cool."
The one thing I like about Wesker in RE4/0/Code Veronica is his badass voice. Richard Waugh really did a good job with it. Which is why not having him in Umbrella Chronicles really made Wesker seem quite lame.

Although I still think Wesker will always be cooler than Marcus. But that's Capcom's fault gain for putting marcus in a White Mage robe and making him sing falsetto. That was just stupid.

Birkin.... Would have been cool, if they didn't take him out of the series so fast. I mean, the first time you see him, he's already a monster. And if he's a monster, you know he won't survive that particular game. So, I think that was another thing that made Wesker more appealing is that suddenly he's alive again. So it's a villain who you can expect to return. Whereas with Birkin, you already know his fate.

Nicholai survived, and he definitely could've been a great Vllain. Unfortunately we haven't heard from him since RE3. But the one thing that didn't appeal to me about him was his hair. I'm not a stickler for white hair. The only white haired character that I like is Raiden. (The one from Mortal Kombat. CERTAINLY not the pretty boy from Metal Gear Solid.)  

Biohazard EXTREME

Locust Girl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:01 am
Yes, but "how" was he cool in the remake? I do agree on that, though. He probably was in his sexiest there. Not that I'm a Wesker fan-girl by any means!

You look at things more critically, I think. The reason why I like James and Birkin is because...MYELLABORATIONOFTHEPLOTZ. I think Birkin is an absolute sweetie. James is purely retarded, yes: but that's why I adore him. Nicholai is hilarious. I can imagine him suffering from chronic constipation.

I think this thread needs a bit more Morpheus love.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:35 pm
He was cool because:

-He was a leader of the team.
-He was secretly a bad guy, deceptive and manipulative.
-He wore cool a** shades, and a dark outfit.
-He was always calm and composed.

Morpheus is just no. That was one of the most terrible boss designs ever. Why did he grow boobs and high heels? gonk  

Biohazard EXTREME

Locust Girl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:24 pm
See? There's some reasons. I can definitly agree with your last point. I'll state reasons why I "don't like" Wesker:

-Capcom tried just a little to hard to make him cool. Not in the same calibre as LEON, but they certainly added those shades for that direct reason
-He's too cold- basically with no personality
-He's obsessed: Umbrella is dying, buddy. Let 'er go.
-He has no story to him, y'know, like a background history- before the Umbrella recruitment. It's too much of a mystery.
-Alot of his actions aren't really explained... Like his hatred for Chris. Did I miss something there? I must've.

MORPHEUS IS TOTALNESS. Worst design, yes, but come on! He's got Wesker down flat on the looks department. But other than that. Dead Aim was another poop game produced from the bowels of Capcom. What is with CAPCOM? They just don't have it "in" them any more! (Here's hoping for RE5...)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:27 pm
Well, considering that he was recruited by Umbrella when he was 18, how much more of a background story do you want? sweatdrop
Not only that, but some mysteries should STAY that way. When you give away a mystery, it really takes away from the appeal. That's half the reason Resident Evil started losing its appeal, is that they felt they needed to explain every little thing, and leave NOTHING to speculation or imagination. (Another reason why Final Fantasy VII spinoffs were a terrible idea from the get go.)

Like I said, I pretend that Umbrella Chronicles and RE4 never happened. I don't even know if I want to consider RE0 and Code Veronica canon anymore. Frankly, RE1 (Remake included), RE2, and RE3 were the only GREAT Resident Evil games made.

Explain to me again how Morpheys got Wesker down flat on the looks department? Morpheus looks like a Sephiroth wannabe. At least Wesker looks like a man. But hey, whatever you're into, I guess. sweatdrop  

Biohazard EXTREME

Locust Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:31 am
Hoha! I didn't know you actually replied.

I do indeed expect more! More, damnit, or else...I'll MAKE more...beware the fanfiction....literature of hell...

Who's "Sepiroth?" I hear about him all over the bloody internet. Something to do with that horrid Final Fantasy crap.

Morpheus has cheekbones to die for. Wesker's kind of horsey.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:27 pm
Locust Girl
-Alot of his actions aren't really explained... Like his hatred for Chris. Did I miss something there? I must've.

He hates Chris for surviving the mansion and ruining his short-term plans by killing the Tyrant, if I'm not mistaken.

Locust Girl
But other than that. Dead Aim was another poop game produced from the bowels of Capcom. What is with CAPCOM? They just don't have it "in" them any more! (Here's hoping for RE5...)

Dead Aim wasn't a bad game at all. Short, yeah, but guess what? It's similar to RE4 with the camera angles almost the same and the aiming systems nearly exact (on the Wii version of RE4, anyway)... and it's still a great RE game. Zombies, limited ammo and health (fanboys/girls: WHAT?!), limited saves (I think. It's been a while...), no annoying merchant (fanboys/girls: WHAT?!) and the like. Like I said, it's shorter, but far, far better than RE4.

As for what's with Capcom... Nobody knows. They must've pooped out all the good stuff, 'cause this stuff lately is like bloody diarrhea.

Sorry for grossing anyone out. xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:41 pm
Locust Girl
Hoha! I didn't know you actually replied.

I do indeed expect more! More, damnit, or else...I'll MAKE more...beware the fanfiction....literature of hell...

Who's "Sepiroth?" I hear about him all over the bloody internet. Something to do with that horrid Final Fantasy crap.

Morpheus has cheekbones to die for. Wesker's kind of horsey.

Sephiroth is the villain from Final Fantasy VII. And before he had legions of fangirls, he was awesome.

I should know, I was in love with him when I was in the 6th grade. Since then, Wesker has taken his place. rofl

And yes, Fanfiction is delicious. How do you think I get by day to day with all the thoughts in my head?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:31 pm
Another reason why Sephiroth was cool back then, is because we were young. Now that I matured a little, I realized how lame of a character he is. I mean, having a sword twice the length of the guy who uses it is really not that cool.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Locust Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:28 pm
All right, so you guys want a piece of this? smile Dead Aim was just a filler. Sure, it was a hell of a lot better than the fourth game, but it was a filler none the less. Just another one of those ploys to distract the players that they can't make anything new on the original story line.

As for this Sepiroth character: I guess it's like when you were eleven you thought wearing platforms were cool. Coolest poop ever. But then you realized they were to blame for all those times you sprained your ankle. And that they were hideous. You grow up, and grow up.

But surely not "up" enough to totally move on from fantasizing about OTHER video game characters. I suppose Wesker is better than "Sepiroth" anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:10 pm
Yeah, unfortunately Sephiroth isn't what he used to be... and it's just the saddest thing ever. It's like finding that stuffed animal you couldn't sleep without in a plastic bag in the basement... you just get this pang of guilt for moving on.

Wekser on the other hand... well.... He's my current favorite. You know, Pre-UC Wesker. Of the Richard Waugh variety.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:01 pm
Really? I feel no guilt whatsoever.
I'm proud to say that I hate Sephiroth now. I'm just punching myself for ever thinking that he was cool in the first place. I should've known that any male character with hair that long can't possibly be that cool.

Wesker is cool in my book, as far as my vision of Resident Evil is concerned. Which means Umbrella Chronicles and RE4 never happened.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:24 pm
Oh that wrong if Sephiroth was real he would chop you all into bits. Doesnt Advent children makes him cooler at all? If having a sword twice the length of your body isnt cool what about Cloud with a sword the width of his whole body? He needs it to take cloud on. Plus wasn't he in the crisis core too? I can understand if you didnt play FF7 and dont like them. But if you did he was the most evil person on the planet. So calm and wickedly cruel ( like a guy i know who wears sunglasses at night too and doesnt like chris.) and his goals is to destroy the whole planet, with some crazy power behind him to do it.

" I should've known that any male character with hair that long can't possibly be that cool. " Do you want a list?

Anyways Wesker is cool true, true. The only thing against him isn't his fault. Capcom needs to sort out what they are feeding us in a order that makes sence. Theres is too many pot holes in the storyline. Yes leaving some things to the unknown is good but at least get the main story line straight.

Oh and one more thing It Wesker only hates Chris for surviving the mansion and ruining his short-term plans by killing the Tyrant. Why doesnt he hate Jill or Berry too? Berry screwed him over and Jill survived too.

Krav3n88

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:09 am
Yeah, I would like a list.
Sephiroth is the most overrated villain in the history of video games and movies.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff