Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Alkemist ~the RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome!
I am a fangirl
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I am a fanboy
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I am a fan of gold
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Oh dear... what is going on...?
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:14 pm
Die was listening to the Researcher... right up until the 'sugar tree walked in. And then Rowen showed up and started setting things straight, and it was more than she could process all at once.
She held her index and middle fingers up to Esteban in a 'please wait' gesture. "Excuse me a moment. If you'd care to sit, there are couches and chairs aplenty. I'll be with you as soon as I can." She turned to the tree.

"I'm sorry, but we're closed right now, and do not currently stock sugar plums in our inventory. You might try the Naga Scales--they're much better equipped to handle unusual orders than this cub is." That handled (in so far as she was concerned; if the tree didn't leave, she could throw it out. Or Rowen could), she turned to survey her club, trying to figure out what was next. The Researcher had a request for her... but she got the feeling that was going to take some talking before she was done. Especially since she hadn't quite gotten a hold of everything to do with DINER yet.
"Rowen," she turned to look at him. "Please see if the lady at the counter needs anything."
Tree, check. Customer, check. Rowen, check. Stranger... Checking.
She turned to look for the fellow with the questions for her.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:37 pm
Esteban sat silently at the bar, where the owner had left him.  

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:12 pm
"Sure thing!" He vaulted over the bar, and landed in front of Sam, who barely glanced over her book at him.

"Yes?"

"Can I get you something, miss?"

The young woman looked over her book at him this time, a thoughtful look in her eyes. With a dramatic sigh, she shut her book and set it down, then folded her hands on top.

"As a matter of fact, yes. You can 'get me something'. Something that I believe will benifit both of us, actually."

"Oh?" Rowen suddenly felt like he was treading water, and glanced at Die-- who was busy enough as it was. He looked back at Sam, and smiled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "And what exactly might that be, miss..."

"Keller. Samantha Keller."

"Ok... Ms. Keller." There was a pause. "Can I call you Sam?"

"Feel free." She shrugged. "I have been known to answer to it."

"Alright then... Sam... Ah..." There was too much going on, and Rowen had forgotten what they had been talking about...

"You were asking what you 'can get me'."

"Oh right! Ah... so... what would you like?"

"A job."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:20 pm
Die pulled up a stool across from the researcher. "Okay. Now that that's handled... You were saying something about a book you need that I have somewhere?" Her ears perked at the mention of hiring the young woman, and she considered just calling over to them 'you're hired' but Rowen could handle the lady, and it would be rude to put the bookworm/businessman on hold... again.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:03 pm
"As I mentioned before," began Esteban, "there is a book in the old Tenth Sea Library that you recently acquired that I have been searching for. It is essential that I get my hands on that book to complete my....research." Esteban sat quiet, contemplating different things. "And so I was hoping that I could make a deal with you, because, as a businessman and researcher, I know there is always a cost for services rendered. Which reminds me. I have not yet introduced myself." He extended his hand. "I am Dr. Esteban Muciello, new Caretaker, Owner, and Master of the Little Necropolis."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:18 pm
"So?"

"Huh?"

"Am I hired?"

Rowen glanced at Die, who seemed rather busy, and then looked at Sam, who was watching him expectantly over her steepled fingers. They could use the help, especially since they got D.I.N.E.R.

They. Since when did he have a position of... power? Was that a position of power? It was at the very least a position of... well... it was a position. Which was already better than he had done for a while now.

And besides, they could use the help.

The young woman cleared her throat.

"Yes!"

"I'm hired then?" The woman was obviously pleased.

"We could use a full-time bartender."

"What?!"  

Rowen McNeill

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:33 pm
"Ah." She accepted his hand and gave it a polite shake. "Die Drache," she pronounced it 'dee drack' "But you'd already figured that out. How did you come to know of my position as head of Diner? It's a rather recent development." (She tactfully left out the fact that she'd only known about it for a day, and only assumed the position the day before that.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:37 am
"I...have my sources," Esteban replied, withdrawing his hand after the brief handshake. He then chuckled slightly. "Of course, the Mayor's Office would have record of it, and I went there inquiring about the Library and that lead me to you." "Of course, I already knew you had taken over the organization I spent my life helping," he absentmindedly thought to himself. "Now, down to business I think."  

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:11 am
"Ah!" There was a crash by the bar as Rowen backed into a shelf of alcohol, upsetting it's contents and knocking some bottles to the floor, where they shattered. "Oh... damn..."

At the bar, the young woman went from staring at him in disbelief to putting her hand to her face, and shaking her head slowly. This guy was denser than he looked.

She sat there like that for about a minute and a half while Rowen scrambled behind the bar, collecting broken glass and trying not to step on anything. When she had apparently had enough of his quiet swearing, she sighed heavily, stood, and looked over the bar at him.

"Move."

"What?"

"Move. Back away from the mess. Preferably four feet."

"Uhm..." Rowen did so, and watched as the young woman sat on the bar, swung her legs around, and landed on the other side of the mess from the unfortunate man. She began to collect the glass with a kind of methodical fastidiousness, which he could just watch. After a minute and a half of his own, he uttered one sylable.

"Huh."

"What?"

"Oh nothing just... I expected you to do something different... I mean, why the four feet?" He stepped closer to the mess, and bent down to pick up some glass. She took a swipe at his hand, and he backed away again.

"What, something magical?" She rolled her eyes. "Please. I just wanted you out of the way."

She looked up at him, and her eyes focused on his hands.

"I'm assuming you of all people know where the first aid kit is..."

"Oh. Right... Right." He looked around behind the bar, found it, and set it down on the bar beside the sink. It didn't take too long for him to wash and bandage his hands, as the young woman made remarkable time cleaning up the floor behind the bar.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:25 am
Die nodded, feeling slightly odd--it was a new feeling for her, so she couldn't find a word for why her insides felt dark and squirmy around this man. She smiled, putting it aside. "Of course, of course. This book... do you know where-" the shatter of breaking glass and distinctive smell of alcohol interrupted, and Die whirled.
"Rowen!" Only a few bottles had fallen, but they were some of the preferred drinks served in her establishment and one of them had been a gift... And on top of that, her head sandwich maker's hands were covered in cuts. She hung her head, drooping a little. "Please try to be more careful..." At least he and the young woman seemed to have things under control now.
"Where were we...?" The woman seemed suddenly tired; the diminutive wings at her back had increased in size (as had her tail, if anyone was looking). She picked up the photograph and seemed to pull herself together as she straightened.
"Right. This book. Do you know where in the Library it is located?" She didn't add that they hadn't had a chance to get things pulled together since the last proprietor and head librarian had vanished along with most of the staff. As she understood it, the upper levels were much like the world-maps in RPGS--you didn't know when and you couldn't see it coming, but you were certain that in a few seconds you'd be attacked. She wasn't sure she wanted to let anyone in until it had been cleaned out.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:55 pm
"I'm sorry Die!" He seemed to have forgotten about the woman who had dragged him there from the library... however long ago it had been. He looked the broken glass, and physically sagged. "Alright... sorry..."

Sam had most of the glass taken care of when she noticed Rowen's posture. Suppressing a sigh, she turned away; people could be so needy. Out loud, she decided to remind him of what she should be doing.

"Are your hands bandaged yet?"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:30 pm
The doctor wore a look of irritation at the accident that had taken place. Following a slight, attention-grabbing cough, he said, "No, I do not know where exactly the book is located, but I do know it is in there. " He looked at Die for a second and took in her expressions. "You look worried about something, possibly concerning this library. Let me assure you, I'm not looking to destroy your property, but I must find this book. My entire life's work has will finally be complete with the obtaining of this book, and I'll risk my life if I have to." He looked slightly amused, and deadly serious. "I was really hoping to get your permission to enter the premises, but if I have to force my way in there, I will do it. Can we please work something out?"  

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:30 pm
Die smiled, "I'd rather not have someone die on my property if it can be prevented, and avoiding damage to said property is also quite desirable. I have no objections to striking a deal with you, Doctor. After all, my companion and I were just discussing an expedition of our own. Since you don't know its exact location, perhaps it would be best if you allowed us to do our own inspection before granting you access?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:25 pm
"Ah, I see," Esteban said contemplatively. "Under normal circumstances I would be willing to oblige your request, but I am on a tight schedule and must find the book before Halloween. You see, there is something I require from the book that also requires me to have a full moon, and it just so happens that the next full moon coincides with Halloween. And," he added, "I must give myself ample time to prepare for the ceremony."
He paused for a moment to let his information sink in with Die befor starting again.
"Let me suggest an alternative. How about you let me check out the library for you. I can protect myself adequately and can destroy anything that might pose a threat to myself or anyone else in the future and can send you a written report of what transpires and can send it to you after the ceremony has taken place, and all I ask is that you let me keep the tome. I'll even accompany you through the library should I fund anything troubling. What do you say to that offer?"

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

Rowen McNeill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:24 pm
Rowen was listening in despite himself, and sighed whistfully when Esteban mentioned going to the Library on his own.

"As much as I will regret asking," Sam growled from the floor, "what's your problem?"

"I want to be part of the library expedition team... That's were Die and I met, I think." He frowned thoughtfully, apparently not entirely sure.

"So why don't you offer to accompany him?" She was cleaning up the liquid now, feeling a tad wasteful.

"Ah... I don't know, actually." He looked at his recently bandaged left hand, then frowned thoughtfully. "I suppose, it would depend on how quickly my hands heal, you know? I don't want to manifest weapons while my wounds are still fresh..."

The sounds of cleaning stopped, and there was a moment of silence.

"Sam? You ok?"

She stood slowly, then looked at him evenly. At some point her jacket had been removed and folded on the table, and her sleeves were folded to her elbows. The over-all look was not unlike a certain cynical summoner. A twin, to be more specific.

"I think I misheard you. You... manifest... weapons?"

"Well, actually, I'm a healer. I can make knives and swords and the like..." He saw Sam look at the broken glass, and he shook his head, "I can't fix inanimate objects, and I can't do projectile weapons. The instant I stop concentrating, things break down."

"Oh... Well that's useless." And she was back to cleaning up.

"But..." Rowen looked confused, and a little hurt.

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff