Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Discrimination Against Chinese Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are Americans Nasty?
  All Americans are Nasty
  Most of Americans are Nasty
  Some Americans are Nasty
  None of Americans are Nasty
View Results

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:25 am
I haven't probably since I came to the America at high school age.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:52 am
Growing up, I only heard the usual "ching-chong" talk. But it didn't really bother me after a while, since I got used to it. rolleyes

Oh, I know what you're talking about! surprised When I ate, I always bowed my head and ate my rice like that. (This is customary in Chinese eating.) But...at school, my friends always wondered why I ate like that. They said that it looked like I was afraid, and just eating my food like I was scared of something. Of course, though, they didn't understand my Asian culture, and this was just the way most Asian people ate. surprised

Eventually though, my eating style changed, and I have to admit, I don't like it. gonk I think it changed for the worse, but most Americans seem to be okay with it. confused

MiasmaMoon

Etaf Evael

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:21 pm
MiasmaMoon
Growing up, I only heard the usual "ching-chong" talk. But it didn't really bother me after a while, since I got used to it. rolleyes

Oh, I know what you're talking about! surprised When I ate, I always bowed my head and ate my rice like that. (This is customary in Chinese eating.) But...at school, my friends always wondered why I ate like that. They said that it looked like I was afraid, and just eating my food like I was scared of something. Of course, though, they didn't understand my Asian culture, and this was just the way most Asian people ate. surprised

Eventually though, my eating style changed, and I have to admit, I don't like it. gonk I think it changed for the worse, but most Americans seem to be okay with it. confused

I eat like an Asian when no Americans are around. I eat like an American around Americans just to satisfy them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:14 pm
There was this guy in my grade who said that all Chinese had weird eyes. Unfortunately for him, my good friend was standing right behind him, and dragged me over to confront him. twisted He was punished.  

Kumiko-Misaki

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:03 am
I find, over here in England, that isn't much descrimination against Chinese and fellow Eastern Asian people. Of course, there's the odd racist remark, especially from particular idiots, when you are out on the streets. Some bullies at school may target you. But it's never been very serious, I don't think. It's inevitable that we are targetted for our appearance and race in a country where the race is predominantly white. Generally though, England is a multicultural society. I find I fit in well enough, though not as much as I would have hoped. I have this feeling of being pulled between both societies and cultures. I was born here in England, and have, for nearly all sixteen years of my life, been living here. I feel, on the whole, English - white - but at the same time, I feel Chinese due to heritage, culture and language. That's my main problem with living here in England; the problem does not lie in the people surrounding me, but in myself.

I am accepted completely into the community I live in right now. When I was younger, I went to a state school, and the education there was not very good. There were lots of... "uneducated" type of guys, who bullied you and stuff, but it was never excessive. I barely noticed it, in all honesty. I now go to a private school, and there's literally no discrimination there. On the streets, I do not get weird looks and stuff. People see me and think I'm part of the community (or I hope they do anyway). I'm treated as myself, and I couldn't imagine it being otherwise. I've never visited America, but I never realised the racism against the Chinese were so bad. I'm under the impression that most of America is made up of white people, then black. Maybe perhaps because there are not a lot of Chinese people there creates the racism against us...? There are a sizeable amount of Chinese people over here, and the Chinese culture is widely embraced. Chinese cuisine is popular, and China Town is a thriving place. Chinese schools are open every Sunday, and I go there to teach younger children. I think Canada is more welcoming of the Chinese because I've heard from my parents that there are a lot of Chinese people living there. It has become normal to have such a mixed community, like it is over here.

I'm not saying that there isn't any racism at all over here. There is, especially targetted at Western Asian and Indian people, and I don't think the terrorism stuff is helping at all. But we get on with our lives, and generally, it is very harmonious.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:49 pm
Kumiko-Misaki
There was this guy in my grade who said that all Chinese had weird eyes. Unfortunately for him, my good friend was standing right behind him, and dragged me over to confront him. twisted He was punished.

haahaa!! : D
that's funny!! the punished part.  

[.Mihiko-chan.]

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:52 pm
Kumiko-Misaki

punished...???? eek
can i ask how? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:42 pm
Kumiko-Misaki

Chinese have weird eyes? Europeans have weirder eyes--two holes on the head. pirate  

Etaf Evael

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:28 am
xu650863441
Kumiko-Misaki

Chinese have weird eyes? Europeans have weirder eyes--two holes on the head. pirate

two holds on the head?? O.o
what??  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:33 am
[.Mihiko-chan.]
xu650863441
Kumiko-Misaki

two holds on the head?? O.o
what??

Two holes, when you look an European's eyes you see their eyeballs are sucked into the two holes on his head.  

Etaf Evael

blumage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:37 pm
xu650863441
I am a Chinese, and I am proud of it.
But I believe in the U.S. there are many discriminations against Chinese/Asians.

There were times I went into a store, people looked at me like I didn't belong there. In my past high school, there was a teacher said in China there were slave labors which I believe is a lie. Last year in my college, there was a student said many diseases are from Asians. This is not true because the black plague was from Europe. He also said that Chinese people always lie. But I believe he was lying.

Life in America is not easy for people from other countries. I came to the US when I was fifteen. My mother married to an American so I came to the US to live with my mother. But when I got here my English was really not good. I was afraid to talk. This was one of the reasons my stepfather did not like me. In China, when people eat food, they use chopsticks and they lower their head above the bowl to eat. It was hard for me to change when I just came to US, but my stepfather said I ate like a dog so he put the food on the ground and made me kneel on the ground and ate the food.

About a year later after a series of incidents, I changed my ways of eating. My stepfather saw my mother taking care of me and cooked for me, and he saw me eating, he was not happy about it even I sit up straight. Later on he took out all the food from the refrigerator and the house away from home so that I did not have any food to eat. My mother had to get leftover food from her workplace to secretly bring home for me to eat. He turned off the electricity in certain rooms including my room. He even stole my lunch money my church people gave me.

Some months later my mother and I moved out into one of my church people's house. The Common Wealth of Penn has proof of his abusing me. Right now I live along with my mother, with many more problems of course. But much better than the past.

I believe there will be many Chinese who will read this post, I also believe that they will know how I felt. I don't know if anyone in this guild has been discriminated against or abused. But feel free to talk about your feelings.

Well actually yes there is slave labor in china like in many asian countries, but the thing is that china censors the news, all the bad news are being kept low in china because there is no free press. I'm really sorry to hear what happend to you, things like that are unacceptable. My dad is from Hong kong while my mom is filipina and i live in italy. Well discrimination against chinese is very common you know. Sometimes they think im chinese while sometimes they say im filipino,korean,japanese or definetly hawaiian. Discrimination is mostly caused by the chinese comunity being isolated from the rest. You know chinese deal wiht chinese most of the times so people dont ge tot know them better. and also some things like spitting on the street is not acceptable in western countries not like china wich is a normal routine thing to do. I personally have been discriminated by the people who moslty dont know me, but i dont care. They dont know anything about me and cant judge something wich they dont know. The deseas thingy well you can say that mostly come from asia right now just look at the SARS or the avian flu. Both are from asia. You should know that deseas come from poor hygene like the black plauge wich originated in europe was caused by poor hygenical conditions  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:42 pm
Chibito7
I find, over here in England, that isn't much descrimination against Chinese and fellow Eastern Asian people. Of course, there's the odd racist remark, especially from particular idiots, when you are out on the streets. Some bullies at school may target you. But it's never been very serious, I don't think. It's inevitable that we are targetted for our appearance and race in a country where the race is predominantly white. Generally though, England is a multicultural society. I find I fit in well enough, though not as much as I would have hoped. I have this feeling of being pulled between both societies and cultures. I was born here in England, and have, for nearly all sixteen years of my life, been living here. I feel, on the whole, English - white - but at the same time, I feel Chinese due to heritage, culture and language. That's my main problem with living here in England; the problem does not lie in the people surrounding me, but in myself.

I am accepted completely into the community I live in right now. When I was younger, I went to a state school, and the education there was not very good. There were lots of... "uneducated" type of guys, who bullied you and stuff, but it was never excessive. I barely noticed it, in all honesty. I now go to a private school, and there's literally no discrimination there. On the streets, I do not get weird looks and stuff. People see me and think I'm part of the community (or I hope they do anyway). I'm treated as myself, and I couldn't imagine it being otherwise. I've never visited America, but I never realised the racism against the Chinese were so bad. I'm under the impression that most of America is made up of white people, then black. Maybe perhaps because there are not a lot of Chinese people there creates the racism against us...? There are a sizeable amount of Chinese people over here, and the Chinese culture is widely embraced. Chinese cuisine is popular, and China Town is a thriving place. Chinese schools are open every Sunday, and I go there to teach younger children. I think Canada is more welcoming of the Chinese because I've heard from my parents that there are a lot of Chinese people living there. It has become normal to have such a mixed community, like it is over here.

I'm not saying that there isn't any racism at all over here. There is, especially targetted at Western Asian and Indian people, and I don't think the terrorism stuff is helping at all. But we get on with our lives, and generally, it is very harmonious.

well i dont think american are racist towards chinese ive been there and was treated normaly, actually there where times where somebody tought that i was mexican  

blumage

[.Dancing.Melon.]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:21 pm
>>Some Americans aren`t that bad.
But once, my parents got in a car accident, right?
It was totally the white guys fault because he crashed into the back of my father`s car.
Than, this police man came over and believed the white guy, which is total discrimination because he didn`t even listen to my parents arguement.
=[

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:59 am
@ Melon : ooo. that's not real nice.. -_____-
stupid police man person.

[.Mihiko-chan.]

DanhTu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:12 pm
O.o one time the teacher asked if anyone knew who built the railroads, and looked at me =X ...it was weird  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff