Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Things that could improve Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:41 pm
Now you're just being unfair. No, it's not a horror game. It's a rail shooter. If you assume otherwise, you're just Capcom-bashing. Capcom never said it was a horror game, they've always said a rail-shooter. Besides, being alone doesn't always have to be the only way to be scary. Siren: Blood Curse has done it, SH2 did it a bit, RE0 did it, RE2 did it some, RE3 did it some... Granted, like you said, with UC it's the whole time, but never once did Capcom play it off as a horror game. DSC, however, is another story. So we'll see. Kawata seems to care about horror for once (enough to rag on UC and RE5 for not being scary at all).

But hell, like I said, RE0 did it. I personally thought it was pretty atmospheric and scary, but that's all subjective.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:10 pm
Sigh... Alright... Here I go...
RE0: Not scary. Gorgeous. Fun. Atmospheric, yes. But there wasn't a single moment where I found it scary. In fact, usually when I play it, wherever possible, I separate the heroes, just to make it better.
RE2: You're only with a partner for like, 5 minutes in the whole game. And those are by far not the scariest 5 minutes of the game.
RE3: Same as RE2, only less than 5 minutes.

And hey, House of the Dead is a rail shooter. It's still horror. Not SURVIVAL horror, mind you, but a form of horror. I kinda had the idea that UC wanted to do the same thing.
Oh and DSC will be scary. I mean, a game where you play as Leon and Krauser, the butt buddies is freakin terrifying. Of course, not only is Leon gonna get raped, but the Resident Evil storyline, even further.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:28 pm
RE0: The first time you met the leech zombie in the bathroom didn't make you jump? Nerves of steel, sir.

House of the Dead... Now it's my turn to say I was never scared by it. It's just another rail shooter. People say Left 4 Dead is "horror". It's an FPS. People figure that 'cause it has zombies, it's automatically supposed to be horror. Even Capcom laughs at this; look at Dead Rising. Just because HotD or UC have zombies, doesn't make them horror. It's peoples' assumptions that they'll be horror that makes them angry or disappointed in the end.

As for DSC, why do I even try. I keep forgetting, it doesn't exist. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:29 pm
Even Capcom laughts at this? Shinji Mikami, the man who created Resident Evil said, "Resident Evil 4 is True Horror". This was while he was WITH Capcom. Maybe they should've added a, "The views and commentaries represented herein do not reflect that of Capcom or its employees" message. Either way, that Umbrella Chronicles wasn't scary or isn't considered horror, is barely, if at all, a factor in what made Umbrella Chronicles such a piece of s**t.

Oh, and I'm sorry about DSC. I didn't realize you were that thrilled about the idea that Leon had a whole monster filled adventure BEFORE RE2. Cause that's an awesome idea! Capcom is so good at retconning!  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:07 pm
Yeah! 'Cause you know what you're talking about again!

The new scenario takes place after RE2, 2 years before RE4. Once again, don't b***h about what you don't know about.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:51 pm
Well, getting back on topic. I know one thing. A scenario with Leon and Krauser is NOT an improvement to Resident Evil, as I'm sure none of DSC will be.

I'm just glad I'm not swayed by the, "It's Claire and Steve in updated graphics! Must buy!" But you can go ahead and purchase the Special Ed. with the Tricell fanny pack and Krauser plushie. Or whatever comes with it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Garcian Smith

Distinct Citizen

5,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:15 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, getting back on topic. I know one thing. A scenario with Leon and Krauser is NOT an improvement to Resident Evil, as I'm sure none of DSC will be.

I'm just glad I'm not swayed by the, "It's Claire and Steve in updated graphics! Must buy!" But you can go ahead and purchase the Special Ed. with the Tricell fanny pack and Krauser plushie. Or whatever comes with it.

We should come up with parody items that could be included as bonuses.
"Jill Miniature Toaster"
"A fake lock pick that does absolutely nothing"
"Commemorative Barry Burton Can of Mellow Yellow"
"Chris Zippo Lighter"
"Wesker voice morpher"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 pm
umm i think maybe that the girls shouldnt be as vulnerable. i mean at least make them faster - plus i wish u could get more costume choices in the end. The characters are larger then life ..idk "Americanized" if thats the word, like Bruce Willis in die hard or Steven Segal- the heroes of RE remind me of stereotyped action heroes, if thats the image that the world gets from us then well that sucks. I dont think theyed want to stick around saving every little person in their way- id leave everyone if they were a liability- like sherry- shes more trouble than shes worth, or when jill gets infected by nemesis - srry jill- but i wouldnt go risking my life going through a zombie infested hospital to find a cure id be like "good luck with that!"  

Azeizel

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces