Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild Announcements - Updated in Dec. 2nd 2006 (IMPORTANT) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Falathrim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:35 pm
...why were they accepted in the first place?  
Falathrim
My philosophy on the subject: If they can't fill out a simple form requested in the rules, we don't want 'em. After all, does guild home not demand one reads the rules, and furthermore goes on to say we'll know when they haven't?

Your philosophy is too harsh. xp We need new members, and it's clear he's not a screaming fangirl...  

Khorkalba

Zurgi

Because Menegil accepted them without the form. Or they PMed the form to him after requesting to join >_< Saying that they didn't notice there was a form until afterwards.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:40 pm
How could you seriously not notice the form? We instruct people to read the rules. The form is in the rules.

What's the point of this threat:

Guild Home
Be welcomed to Numenore. Please read the rules before requesting to join. We will know when you haven't read the rules. twisted

...if we don't follow through with it?

Seems like an excercise in stupidity to tell someone to do something or else then tell them its okay, we weren't serious, when they don't do it.  

Falathrim

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:48 pm
Lighten up a bit, Gaia is an entertainment site after all, not a job. rolleyes The purpose of the join request should be to show us that the person is not an illiterate fangirl, his request has shown that. We need more people to join... rejecting requests over petty reasons won't help.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:07 pm
Lemme ask you something...

If we're going to judge a person based on whatever it is they write, whether or not they seem literate, and nothing else, what's the point of a form in the first place? Why not just do away with the form, if its obviously not mandatory despite our saying it is?  

Falathrim

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:07 pm
My policy has been "If the criteria of the form are in the post, then the person shall be accepted, but be kept under watch." Maybe Falathrim is right and should be more linear to the form's purpose...

Anyways, I have noticed that, since some people joined, they haven't posted. I shall send a PM to every person, demanding an explanation, and if I don't get a nice response in one or two days, they're kicked! *goes off to add such a rule*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:11 pm
I half agree with Falathrim and I half agree with Longbow. It's true that it's a rule that one must fill out a request form, but we are in need of new and active members, so if someone sent him a PM to see if he realized his mistake (as I'm sure it wasn't intentional), then I'm sure he'd fill out a request form. There's no need to reject him right off and not give a reason.

And from what he wrote, he seems at least half literate, but a request form should be required of him through some channel.  

curumo

Onoj

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:50 pm
The way I see it is we created this guild to have fun and talk about Tolkien and the second we start silly squabbles over little things such as this we are taking the fun out of it. I think we should leave the form and when they don't fill it out simply send them a PM saying "Hey you forgot to add this so please read the rules and fill it out correctly."
That way we are enforcing the rules but if they make a mistake we are not condeming them from our sacred guild! Lol  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:53 am
Onoj
The way I see it is we created this guild to have fun and talk about Tolkien and the second we start silly squabbles over little things such as this we are taking the fun out of it. I think we should leave the form and when they don't fill it out simply send them a PM saying "Hey you forgot to add this so please read the rules and fill it out correctly."
That way we are enforcing the rules but if they make a mistake we are not condeming them from our sacred guild! Lol

3nodding I quite agree.  

Khorkalba

Onoj

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:06 pm
Yay! Request form, request form!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:41 pm
I say accept, but you know, that's just me xd  

Zurgi

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:13 pm
Zurgiea
It was accepted. But the glitch seems to be acting up...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:57 pm
Ah, alright then ^_^  

Zurgi

Onoj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:35 pm
Menegil
Zurgiea
It was accepted. But the glitch seems to be acting up...

Grrr. I hope they fix that soon, because there are two more requests!  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff