Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
Mountain-side Town Tesarel ko-kou ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:50 pm
As the ruler of Byako came to the mountain, the majestic yard stick began to measure the circumference of the region.
Tessarel mountain was famed for its mining but it was also one of the most well known spots in Byako for skyfishing.
For the mountain Tessarel just happend to be the perfect fishing spot for those bizarre flying fish who swam the skies.

Be it storm salmon snipers, polymorphing pufferfish or even soul searing swordfish. (or the hundreds of other species that swam these skies) Tessarel was bound to get them at some point of the year.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:50 pm
(( BDan, those are amusing doodles! ))

Some of the Queen's servants got out drinks and snacks to set on the little side-tables that had been set up around the landing area. Meanwhile, the Queen and attendants sat down in some of the chairs, while Lord Chancellor Farthersomewich's valet directed more servants in unloading a wide variety of fishing poles from a storage compartment in the queen's hot-air balloon.

They were different colors, shapes, and sizes, and most of them had some kind of lure, and the rest were equipped with hooks or pincers or other means of grabbing hold of a flying fish who came to inspect some bait. Mostly, the different kinds of poles were designed for different kinds of fish, but a lot of them were just generic. And instead of sinkers to drop hook, or bobbers for floating part of the fishing line in water, the servants attached little helium floats to the lines so that when they were cast up into the air, they would sit around there for the fish to come by and inspect the lures or bait. Of course, the fishing line itself was somehow slightly buoyant in the air.

The servants arranged the fishing poles in a stand near where Her Royal Ladyship sat, so she could easily point out which one she wanted to use. Lord Farthersomewich stood and spoke up:

"Contestants! Please gather yourselves here for your next Task. As you may or may not know, this is an excellent place for skyfishing, which is of course a leisure sport popular among the local nobility. If you would like to use a pole to fish with, you may select one of the ones we have here. You may seek out whatever kind of fish you may find here this time of year, and please do try to catch something both tasty and impressive, although of course we care a little more about style and aristocratic bearing."

Farthersomewich nodded and sat down, and his valet bowed and invited the contestants to come select skyfishing-poles if they so desired. Sir Andre wasn't a contestant, but he loved to skyfish and he came forward and selected a fairly-average-looking pole, though it was one of the larger ones there. He was, after all, some 7 feet tall. One of the tables had some different kinds of bait on it, and Andre selected some colored marshmallows to bait his hook with. He really liked the flavor of the sniper salmon, but didn't like to bother with their firearms, so he was going to go after a variety of sky trout instead.

((Okay, everyone... Standard 1-10 scale, either 1 10-sided die, or a random number 1-10, 10 being 100% success and 5 being 50%, like in the other Tasks we had before. Please roll for this task sometime wednesday or thursday, if you can. I know maybe not everyone got the memo yet about the contest getting underway again
(my bad...), but everyone who did, let's try and keep things moving and hope the others catch up soon.))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Gracesan rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

Gracesan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:24 am
Sousha walked over to the selection of poles and looked them over before picking up a light pole of decent height. Looking over the bait, she picked un what looked to be a jello cut-out, shrugging she attached it to her hook and found what looked to be a good place to fish from.
Taking a moment to watch the fish swimming above her, then casts her line upwards and waited for it to settle into place. A few moments after casting a fugitive fish started to circle Sousha's bait and after teasing the fish a bit, it bit onto the hook.
It took several minute of fighting to land the fish, remove the hook and place it under a weighted net so it couldn't fly away for the moment.

<>  
BlazingDan rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:02 pm
(Rolling! Yay for new task!!)
Edit: OMG TEN!
BATIM REALLY WANTS TA GET THOSE FISHIES..

Edit: And now on the RP! Featuring a cameo of another character from Batim's story..

Up in the wild mountain ranges of Tesarel, a rather raggedy noble scratched his ear absent-mindedly with his hind leg. Hmm.. seemed like several weeks had passed for some reason, but he was sure he had just been talking to some handkerchief-offering lady. He must have drifted off to sleep due to all the posh noble talk going on. And now there were fishes. Strange.
Strange but kinda... edible strange.
I never DID get to eat anything at that luncheon, thought Batim, drooling slightly at the sight of the shoals of floating sea creatures. He wished he still had the handkerchief to wipe the saliva off his chin, but instead settled for using the end of his shirt in a sort of covert way. (i.e: covert meaning 'obvious, so that everyone saw he was a slob anyway') I'm gonna eatcha little fishie~! he hummed.
To try and get back in the groove of his polite posh person act, the werewolf limbered up and selected a prime fishing pole with perfect aerodynamic balance and height, checking his calculations with a conveinient ruler that just happened to be lying around. All those years of accountancy and mathematics classes were paying off, as he deduced the right stance to take to maximise lift while casting the line.
Selecting a bait distractedly from the table, he hooked it on and took position. Swiveling in place, taking two steps back, he swung the pole forwards in a perfect cast, the lure flying upwards in a graceful arc over the heads of the fellow contestants. There was much oo-ing and ah-ing as it caught the light and sparkled in a dazzling way, cascading through the air and eventually landing smack bang in the mouth of a fish. With triumphant precision, Batim tugged the pole backwards and reeled in the line, dragging the struggling creature down to earth with the ease that comes with super lupine strength.
A round of applause broke out as he seized his catch and held it over his head. "Thank you, thank you. A simple matter.."
But a hushed whisper issued from the fish. "Can you put me down, Batim? Uh.. in a not too obvious way cos everyone's looking."
Batim's eyes boggled as he inspected his catch more closely. Up close it was less a magnificantly large golden carp.. and more like a bloke with a blonde afro wearing a magnificent golden carp suit with a jetpack on the back. Glancing down at the bait, which the teen had clutched in his hand, Batim saw that he'd inadvertantly chosen to clip a muffin onto the hook.
Usone waved at his coworker vaguely for a fraction of a second, then turned his attention to the muffin and swallowed it whole, grinning widely.
Batim ground his teeth together in barely-concealed rage. "What. Are. You. Doing. HERE?!" he spluttered, flexing his claws as if to start strangling the other man.
"Hey, we heard you were going for this queen gig and the office thought it'd be best to send someone to watch ya. Y'know, in case you were getting any ideas of quitting, persay? Personally, I wouldn't object to it, you're such a grouch in the mornings you may as well not even come to work at all, know what I'm saying?"
"I- GRR! Agh! You?!" Batim choked, totally incoherant in utter resentment.
"Meh, they always give me EVERY job. Don't act like I asked to be here." sighed the fish-suited man. "Do they have any more muffins?"
Batim was distracted from his now-imminant strangling by the event announcer. "Wow, such a brilliant performance from Lord Batim! And I must say, such a brilliant specimin! A collosal man-sized jetpack carp far larger than the lord himself! Amazing!"
"Hahaha, I'm taller than you!"
"Shut up and act like a carp dammit!"
"Carp carp!" said the afro man, flapping a little. "Eh, don't worry. I'm technically an amphibious creature anyway, so they can't disqualify you. Now come one, where's the rest of the muffins?"
Batim sighed. Well, this would make things so much harder, but he could pull it off. And then as soon as he was king he could have Usone executed on the spot and all would be well. Great motivation to try his hardest from now on! The wolfman cackled slightly evily under his breath and sat back to watch the other contestants' catches.  

BlazingDan

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Lord Sithious rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:13 pm
(I'll reply as soon as I know the number.)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:19 pm
(Tee hee! I gots me an Eight! Oh, are there any restrictions on the type of fish we can catch, or can we just make a type up if we want?)

Sithious walked forward, having heard the announcement. He walked over to the fishing rods to see if there was one he liked. He didn't really like any of them, but he had done some fishing in Russia, so he had his own custom built rod. He pulled out his cellphone, which was plated in palladium. He dialed in a number quickly. "Yes, hello Yuri. Yes, please have my custom fishing rod airlifted to Tessarel mountain." He looked up to the sky and saw the sniper fish flitting about. "Oh, and you had better bring my safari rifle and chair. Looks like I might be doing a little more hunting than expected." He clicked off his phone and put it in his pocket.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:43 pm
(Well, considering I may have to wait for a bit for any other replies, I think I'll add some flavor too Sithious. cool )

Sithious sat down in a chair, bored of waiting. He pulled out a Cuban cigar and lit it with his lighter ( Lighter ). He then pulled out his flask of Russian Vodka and unscrewed the cap while he pulled out a fancy cup to pour it in. ( Flask . Cup ). He sipped at his vodka while smoking his cigar. It felt good to be rich. Although some would be confused by how a man with Communist ties likes being rich, it makes total sense to him. Get control of all the money in the country, be the richest person in the country, which is where his ideas of Fascism come in to make him the only person getting that money, or more importantly, the power.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:40 pm
(( I think whatever fish you come up with will be fine. Jasae said there'd be hundreds of different kinds, and people can make up their own ))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Fuzzy Mitten Mistress rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Fuzzy Mitten Mistress

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:12 am
Hearing the challenge, Rooj laughed aloud at the absurdity of it all. "The challenge is to capture something?" The junior slave master liked the sound of it. A challenge made for her.

Attaching one of her special collars to a fishing pole. Rooj cast it into the sky. After a half dozen attempts she made her catch and began dragging it in. After a short lived battle, Rooj fnally managed to reel in a new pet, a fish man who bowed before her.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:33 pm
(( Um... so... I don't want to go on without everyone having a chance to RP the Task... but I also don't want to hold up the contest, especially after it having been so much delayed before already. ))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:12 pm
delbosque
(( I think whatever fish you come up with will be fine. Jasae said there'd be hundreds of different kinds, and people can make up their own ))

(Okay. Thanks!)

Sithious looked into the sky as a jet flew overhead. It was custom built, and probably one of the fastest jets in the world. It was a MiG-21 jet fighter. A Russian plane. Two boxes began falling out of the sky. They deployed parachutes and gracefully landed a few feet away from him. He walked over and placed his hand on a scanner on each. They opened up to reveal in one, a fishing rod with an ivory handle, gold decoration, and a hook that looked like something from Saw. In the other, there was a double barrel shotgun, gold plated, oak stock, and many other decorations. He smiled. Some would call his love for fancy things ridiculous, even sissyish, but it also showed how much money he had, and that was all that mattered in terms of using these things. That and he flat out loved them. He walked back over to where he had been sitting. He kicked the chair he had been sitting on over a bit, and suddenly, another chair touched the ground with a parachute also attached. He threw the chute aside and sat down on his golden chair. He had it fashioned after King Tut's throne chair after a safari in Africa. He attached a floater to his rod and flicked it into the air. He placed the rod into a special holder and picked up his rifle. He loaded it with to shells. and placed it down again. He looked back at the sniper fish. Not very safe things those. He grabbed his rod again and began to wait for a fish.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:19 pm
(( just a note to everyone: On Monday March 22, I will be posting the next Task ))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
delbosque rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:29 pm
(( Just for fun, to see how well Andre does with the fishing ))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:47 pm
After putting a handful of colored marshmallows into his pocket for extra bait, Andre went a little ways up the mountainside where there was a flock of rainbow-flying-trout playing in the rainbow-shiny spray of mist from a little waterfall, and cast up his line into the air.

His first colored marshmallow got soaked and fell off, then he got one fish but it was way too small, so he threw it back. Then he caught four sizeable trout, then the next marshmallow got nibbled off by a fish that didn't get hooked, then he caught three more fish that weren't very big, but were still big enough to keep.

Well, seven out of ten tries is pretty good, he thought. Besides, he'd been up there by the waterfall for a while, so he figured he'd better go back and re-join the group.

He went back down the mountainside, and showed off his collection of not-too-terribly-impressive-but-still-nice trout to Dling and the rest of Her Ladyship's entourage, then handed them over to a chef who Farthersomewich's valet had designated to cook up some of the fish for a bit of an accompaniment to afternoon tea. There were also servants on hand with coolers and ice to pack away any fish the competitors wished to take home with them, and one highly skilled (and speedy) taxidermist on call in case anyone caught anything they wanted preserved in an over-the-mantelpiece sort of way.

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:35 pm
While everyone was busy fishing, some of the servants had gone and set up a shooting range in the field over on the other side of the landing pad and tea tables. There was a row of large free-standing targets, one for each competitor, and a table with a range of missile weapons laid out for them to use.

Chancellor Farthersomewich called to all the competitors and announced to them that their next Task would be to show how good they were at the noble sport of Target Practice. He then got well out of the way and sat at a table to watch, nibbling on some tea cookies.

(( So, yes... the next task requires you to make some kind of attempt to hit your target! Use whatever weapon you so desire, whether it's darts, horseshoes, shotput, a standard bow or crossbow, dinner plates, sparrows... ))

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff