Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*Ria High School*~

Back to Guilds

Good ol' fashion Magical High school RPing. 

Tags: High School, Magic, Ria RP, Role Playing, Semi-lit 

Reply ~*Ria High School*~
Announcements Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MintGekkou
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:57 pm
User ImageKurai: Changed up the guild as a Private guild with no entry fee.

Rules will not be enforced but encouraged to be followed. For I (and most likely no one else) will be here enforcing them : P.

Feel free to mess around with what we created I suppose.

---edit--

though I may get picky on where people put their threads : P. I likes me guilds looking clean still ~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:14 pm
User ImageKurai: Hey everyone it's been a while eh?

After about a year of meditating and finding my RPing soul quietly in a hidden cave I thought it was about time I came back to my first home here on Gaia. Ria high.

As many of you know though Ria high is kinda... well....
unactive as of now. It seems that the RPing spark for Ria is kinda weak. But... eh, we are pretty sure it won't take y'all too long to get into the rping mood.

Because after all what other way to spark imagination amongst Rians then to...

SET YOUR RP CHARACTERS UNWILLINGLY UP WITH BLIND DATES!

That's right! This Halloween we will do the good ol fashion high school dance of the Boo Bash but with a twist!

Your character will be set up with another randomn RPier!

Slots will begin at about 10 boys and 10 gurls until they are completely filled. If they manage to fill up we will add more slots.

Not particularly too fond of the blind date idea or couldn't get a slot?

no worries! Come anyways and there will be plenty of event rooms your character can jump in!

I mean, it's not like we are TRYING to break up already built up relationships among some of your characters.

We just trying to spark up some... fun... after all.. hehe...

The dates for this years Boo Bash is going to be from Oct. 26th-Nov 1st

Slots will open up around Oct. 22ndish. Most likely around night time.

alright next item of business:

For now the Star system is temporally disabled and there will be new rules for creating threads in the dorm, off campus, on campus what nots. Please read their respective stickies in order to see the new rules.

No worries to those who worked hard to earn their stars. They will be back : P. Just probably rethinking the system to make it less demanding for everyone including me.

Third item of business be that you may have noticed most of the crew User Imagehave gone off to college and what not. For this I promoted -ProcrastinatingSpazz- up to crew member. I kinda have a good trust in this gal, especially since she ran that other Ria high guild somewhere out there. That's her on the right there.

And finally yes as many of you would expect. The captain and the crew is back. Expect the rules to be reinforced much more sternly now : P.

If you might have forgotten the rules due to a long absence never forgot its conveniently located as a sticky on the main forum. Or you could just click here If you're too lazy : P.

TO REVIEW!

1. Boo Bash event coming up Oct. 26th-Nov 1st
  2. Star system disabled, new thread creation rules (temporarily)
  3. New crew member -ProcrastinatingSpazz-
  4. Rules reinforced (watch out kiddies XD)

Whew! That is a lot on Kurai's plate already for his first week back.

Stay spiffy y'all. Let's see some good ol fashion RPing here.

MintGekkou
Captain

LadyLight
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:03 pm
User ImageAili: Here we go! The news you've all been waiting for!

The sign up list for the BooBash Dance is now OPEN!

Head on over and sign up for some fun~

Also~ as you have (hopefully) noticed, a lot of our crew members are resurfacing and a new crew member has been added ^_^! Here's an updated list of our guild's current enforcers (in no particular order):

Ai` aka Spicy Ai (our Vice Captain)
Winny-chan aka Introverted Winny-chan
angeltrinity aka Bootylicious Tiff
Riyoku Sakimori aka Busy Riyoku
-ProcrastinatingSpazz- aka Quirky Spazz
Pearlholy aka Brutal Pi
Ame no Tenshi aka Awesome Ame
Lady Light aka Aili-mama
RayanStiger aka Plotmaster Rayan

Oh yes, last but not least, our male Captain Spiffy Kurai is back!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:25 pm
I seem to have been promoted. You may refer to me as Rayan. Hope everybody enjoys their time at Ria High; we are going to have some awesome events with the Boo Bash and some sweet role playing. Have fun, everybody!

If you want you can make up a nickname for me, but I doubt it will be as awesome as "Bootylicious Tiff" or "Spicy Ai." You can try, though!  

RayanStiger
Vice Captain

MintGekkou
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:11 pm
User ImageKurai: The pairings of the blind date Boo bash dance are up! check the Event Subforum!

Also All the Boo bash thread events are open!

Have fun Rians! And Happy week of Halloween!

Be safe yall.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:07 pm
User ImageSeyla:Seyla here^^ Like Rayan, I was promoted as well. We're both working on a super secret project for everyone! Hopefully it'll be up in the next coming week. Welcome back to Ria everyone!  

Elpinoine
Crew

RayanStiger
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:33 pm
User Image Rayan:Well... after a lot of careful planning and consideration, Seyla and I decided that now would be a great time to introduce a new member to our loving family. It was a particularly messy and vigorous process, but in the end we spent the night to make something beautiful together (although she did most of the work) -- we have brought a new child into Ria High: Rayan & Seyla's Roleplaying Dojo!

Located in the Profiles and Records section, the Dojo is a place where newcomers and roleplaying veterans alike can come and practice some exercises that will help develop your characters and writing abilities. You can earn your first star this way, and can earn continued credits which can be exchanged for stars. Remember, stars = prestige in Ria High. People will stare in awe of your awesomeness, so give it a look!

This is Rayan & Seyla's first... er, first major project, and together they hope to promote growth and evolution in the writing skills of all Ria High members.

User ImageKurai: Stars and credits are down still as of now, but no worries! They will be up again soon! Mainly trying to iron out the credits system and what not! Congrats to Rayan and Seyla nevertheless!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:14 pm
Winny-chan:HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
THAT TOOK TIME TO MAKE, SO APPRECIATE IT GUYS

User ImageKurai:
Happy Halloween indeed Rians! At this time some of you may be like. OH SHNAP! My date and I didn't even make it to 2nd base yet! Or some not even made it to 1st base!

What are we going to do!?

Well there's of course going to be that cooling down period for events, since I'm sure most of you kids are out there doing your real life halloween parties and what not.

Your guild captain? Well, he's sleepy and decided to stay home dressed up as Ness and give candy out instead. He's quite the lazy and cheap type : D.

IN ANY CASE.

We will close all Halloween events on Nov. 6th. Same time Gaia closes theirs. It just makes things easier that way : P.

Have a safe time whatever you kids do for Halloween.

And stay spiffy.

MintGekkou
Captain

Elpinoine
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:41 pm
User Image Seyla:
Hey guys! Glad to see we've all made it through the weekend (and most of the week). Just wanted to remind you that character prompts for the dojo are due
NOV. 6th (today) @ Midnight EST We've had a great amount of people participating but we're always looking for more!

You can find the dojo in the profiles and records subforum!

User ImageKurai: Closing more or less from 11:59 pm Nov. 6th to Nov. 7th 11 am EST (depending on how late or how early i wake up : P) are all the BooBash events! Please begin to wrap up your wonderful RPs and or at least make plans with your RP partners on where to take the events.

For those in the Haunted House event, not to worry. Myself I have greatly enjoyed the system we used for it and decided to make future use of it! That means all the rooms people have created for the haunted house will remain! It'll take a while but you might see this room in the Ria High clubs sub forum as another type of area : D.

The Star system and Credit system will be put back in by tonight. It seems that the original star system still works the best razz . The credit system however will now have a new shop of items to be bought. The Pet system will be taken down sadly though : (. Until someone decides to take over that, I just have no time to work on it.

I just want to thank everyone for their wonderful RPs on Ria's first event back : D. I hope you all had as much fun as I did reading your RPs.

Keep it spiffy yall!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:40 pm
User ImageKurai: Good news everyone!

The Star system and the Credit system are up and running again!

There has been slight revision to both of them so please review over them to see what has changed.

Staring this Sunday weekly picks from the crew and Captain will start again : D. For those who are not familiar with this, every Sunday crew members and the captain will just hop around Roleplays around our guild. If one RP so catches their attention and they think is impressive, the RPier and possibly their partner will receive a free star!

Also starting up thanks to the ideas of Seyla and Sukai, crew members and the captain might sponsor missions posted in the mission center with credits and even stars!

That means, if you post up an interesting enough mission that the crew or captain might want to see get done, you might even get some credits and stars with it!

hopefully this will encourage old and new RPiers to come together in plot and develop interesting relationships with each other : D.

Keep it spiffy y'all! heart

MintGekkou
Captain

RayanStiger
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:23 pm

User Image Rayan:The results for the first RPing Dojo prompt are up!

Rayan awarded Nadindel a star for his character interview, and Seyla felt sorry for me and so I got a star, too. ^^;; Thanks to everybody who participated! We hope to have the next prompt up soon!

ALSO the new dojo update is available! This week's lesson in on having your character interact with other characters... in this case, Rayan and Seyla! Check it out at the Dojo.

User Image Seyla: Just an additional note: We'll be posting the first lesson up tonight at The Dojo

Like the prompts, Lesson Activities are due on Fridays at Midnight EST. If you've participated already, please continue to do so. If you haven't; well, what are you waiting for?!

Also, Credit awards in The Dojo are temporarily on hold. We will still keep track of who we want to give credits too each week, however we will be unable to award them until the credit system is finalized.

LAST but not LEAST: I've given The Dojo a little makeover of sorts. I hope you guys like the new look (twas designed by yours truly!), it should be much easier on the eyes now!

User ImageKurai: Let's go for a three Announcement combo!

Sunday has passed thus the weekly stars have been given out!

This week we had awards from Mint (Me), Spazz, Seyla, and DP!

Here are the posts! Shake it shake it shake it like a Polaroid picture!

Quote:

I'll be awarding my weekly star to Dj_Takuya for his awesome posts in the Boo Bash Threads! His posts were consistently long and interesting, providing a great example for the new kids around!

Threads:
Haunted House
Dance Floor

Quote:

I would like to award angeltrinity (bootylicious Tiff) with a star. While sometimes Tiff has a tendency to ramble with her descriptions, her posts are always entertaining to read, and nowhere perhaps as entertaining as in this thread -- just read the dialogue and you'll instantly understand! Her interaction with Mattus, which progresses from serious to furious to overjoyed very quickly, is outright hysterical and I can't wait until I have the time to reply.

Thread:
Headmasters Office
(Bottom of first page to second page)

Quote:

I award a star to Nadindel for being amazingly awesome in his English speaking skills even though it's a second language.
His posts are consistently lengthy and interesting as well. > w>
AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL.
See these event threads for proof.

Quote:

FIRST.

I award LunaBravenheart for vastly improving her RPs and keeping at it >: D. This is for setting a great example, and for the future RPs to come!

Example:

Before current

last item of business is actually something i'm sure you all will be interested in.

Ids! Check out the mini-shop subforum! We got's two ID makers ready for some business/action!

Give them some lurve <3

Keep it spiffy y'all. heart

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:24 pm
User ImageSeyla:So it looks like everyone has had a crazy week! Due to everyone's hectic schedules (and the fact that we've only received one submission...) I'll be extending

the deadline to Next Friday, November 19th @ MIDNIGHT EST So go out there and participate! Pretty Please? With a strawberry on top? And whipped cream

too? We have cookies!

User Image Kurai: Its sunday! and it's time for the weekly stars!

Three stars were given out this week, and here they are!

Quote:

I award B-Rabbit Arisu a star, for her beautiful entry into Ria High with her character Charlotte Korbë.

I expect you to be a valuable student to add to the chaos that goes around here : P.

Quote:

Star for Shunko for her consistently lengthy posts at the gates.

Quote:

My star goes to Kaitae! She’s been with us for a long time (I believe we both joined Ria around the same time!) and her roleplaying skills have never been short of amazing. She’s a great example of the roleplaying we look for here at Ria High! Please click her name in this post to be taken to her roleplay over at the Church. It starts around the bottom of the page!

Congrats to those three!

In other news The newcomer thread has been revamped!

Take a look over here to see it in action!

Hope everyone had a fun week of RPing!

Keep it spiffy y'all heart

Elpinoine
Crew

_Luvly_Slash_
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:15 pm
User Image Rene: Hello! I just want everyone to know about a very important Rule that will be re-instated today! From now on please use basic grammar, capitalization and correct spelling in the role playing forums. This rule does not apply to the OOC threads and forums. This rule helps those that you are role playing with better understand what you are trying to write! Thank you!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:33 pm
User ImageKurai: It's Nov. 20th.

That means,

RIA HIGH TURNS FIVE YEARS OLD TODAY WOO!

With the big five for Ria high we will like to introduce the Student year system.

Read more about it in the new profile threads : D!

Profiles - Year 5 and 2nd character profiles - year 5

Yes this means you will have to repost your characters profile.

For those who done so in Year 4 or earlier, don't worry, we saved those threads : D. Just fish em out and post em on the new thread! Be careful this time though! There are some new questions this time around! Be sure to check the first page!

Keep on spiffing Ria

and Keep it spiffy y'all heart

P.S. - A new year of Ria means a new change of gender for Mint : P

MintGekkou
Captain

MintGekkou
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:23 pm
User ImageKurai: I'm sure all of you recently were lying in bed thinking,' Man, I wonder when Kurai is going to talk about his new event of the month?'

'Man! I just can't rest easy without knowing what it is!'

No? You weren't thinking that?

Oh well, in any case...

Never fear Rians! This month's event will be indeed about Thanksgiving day! Which will be known as the T-day event!

This T-day will be extra special as that our headmaster Mattus has received a letter from King Truinis of the planet Kasyune.

The letter is as follows:

Greetings, scaleless ones!

I, King Truinis of the Kasyune, invite all of you to my castle for a feast in celebration of your holiday of Thanksgiving!

My daughter Eiyah Day Kasyune is a substitute teacher at Ria High and spoke often of this holiday occasion. She was greatly saddened to hear that we would not be serving thanksgiving food on our planet.

She then proceeded to lock herself in her room and call me the worst father ever.

As a King, I can not bear the title of worst father ever from my own daughter. I would celebrate thanksgiving here in our kingdom, but I do not know of the food that you scaleless-ones cook.

Curious of your occasion and also wishing to please my daughter, I ask all of you to bring a dish that you believe represents Thanksgiving to my kingdom.

Sincerely,
King Triunis Dothirilli Kasyune

That's right! This event will be featured on the planet of Kasyune inhabited by Treachu the lizardman race!

Mattus is already preparing various airships to send you all there for this Thanksgiving weekend!

This event will take place from Nov. 25th - Dec 2nd. Be sure to be on the lookout for the Rp rooms soon to be popping up in the event subforum!

Of course you won't be able to RP in them till Nov. 25th, but have your RP characters think about what dish to bring to Truinis. Feel free to work with other students!

More info to come!

Keep it spiffy y'all heart

~*Ria High School*~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 110 111 112 113 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas