Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Talking while you role play Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

marixe alcyone

Ghostly Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:33 am
I feel like Shana during the whole Kazumi thing and then the Konoe Fumina thing, but I don't think you got that far in. It was kinda late in the season.

Edit: Now I'm really logging off.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:36 am
XD i know estu but it made me laugh
so i thought to get my favorites

im gonna finish making my costume  

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:57 am
XD i wanna rp with my little character
Zinnia  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:06 am
This is such a difficult assignment. Every time I think about the assignment my mind wanders to when my old cat Candy died. Sure it was an animal life and there's no such thing as 'living wills' for pets, but it still hits me there and hard...  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:17 am
hmmm i think there are situation that are different from others but if the person is going to be a veggie then it doesnt make sense to hope they will get better
you arent giong to do anything by keeping their body alive
and it costs money you could be using for other important things

if they have a chance of being responsive then sure lets wait a little bit, but again not years there are other important things you could use the money for.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:20 am
But, puppet, can you really put a value on a human life? Shouldn't we be doing everything we can to save a life? And even if the technology isn't here today, what's to say there won't be something in a year or two? How can you say your money is worth more when you have that chance?  

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:34 am
Well, the case I'm reading about is about this old man who has some kind of slow working disease. He made a living will. It basically said that if he were to become a vegetable or have to be put on permanent artificial feeding then he would rather die. His condition eventually deteriorated to the point that they did have to put him on permanent feeding and he was barely intelligent anymore. The doctors knew about the living will but they didn't know what the man's definition of 'vegetable' was, so they were too afraid to do anything. Eventually they took the feeding tube out since that was the other thing that the man didn't want and the man passed away shortly after. But now I have to talk about whether the doctors were being correct in their decision or incorrect. I think the doctors were right to be cautious since the man wasn't all that clear about the term 'vegetable', but if the man had no medical education then it should be defined as the layman's definition of being a 'vegetable,' as in being permanently and irrevocably brain damaged...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:02 pm
...there's been so little RP action lately....... v.v

/wrists D:  

Heart-of-Rain

4,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:03 pm
XD im going to put it as my econimics teacher puts it

if there is no price for life, then why charge us a fee to use the hospital equipment?
they should feel so obliged to life that it should be free
but the time you take to use a product, plus what was put into making the product cost make us what we call hospital bills

which in certian cases the price of a human life can range from hundreds of dollars to thousands
in that kind of senario I can effectively say that there is in truth a price for how much a life is worth

how much are they going to charge you to keep someone alive?

thats a good one ucchan  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:10 pm
Because hospitals are run like businesses, they have to keep out of the red, which is an entirely different issue all together. But hospitals do have law obligations to treat people, even if they do not have medical insurance or means to pay the bills.
But that wasn't the point of my questions. It not whether you can, it's whether it is right or ethical to put a price on a life? Is money really worth more?  

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:17 pm
We have free health care ^_^ we pay for our medication but that's basically it.
Which is why I have a little trouble with this. I know it can cost up to $300 for a bag of packed red blood cells, but I don't really know what would be the price of preserving someone's life. And then there's the cost of the staff to maintain the devices and such...
And Fanatic, once a person is brain dead, there is no way to reverse that. Keeping them alive after that is pointless and only prolongs the suffering of the families involved, not of the person who's a vegetable.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:17 pm
oh of course its not considered ethical to put a price on life
XD but its the truth

say you fight to keep a veggie alive
then you have one of your kids or someone you really care for needs money for something and if they dont get it then bad things will happen
say its for educational purposes
or for something medical

well you have to check yourbank account and ... oops! you spent all that money on somenoe who has little chance of comng back, and even if they come bak there are always complications
dysarthria, the inability to articulate any speech, and tons of others  

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:20 pm
I'm still not talking about what's practical, puppet, and I'm not arguing what I believe either, you silly people razz I'm just finding the ethical flaws in puppet's statement.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:24 pm
That was my trouble last night. I was reading this one case about a three month old baby that was 'savagely attacked'(I have no idea by what) and had to be put on life support. Once lab reports and such came back, the doctors knew there was no way to get the baby's brain function back and requested a do not resuscitate order. The parents refused to accept it, but the government(in both Canada and the US) said that if there's nothing medicine can do to save the life of the child then they were simply wasting their time and money and resources on a miracle which will never happen.  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.All Hail the Reign of the Ostriches!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Let it hereby be announced that:
-shrugs-
Ethics are not my forte as I'm more of the 'whatever you think is moral is moral for you' kind of guy.
Very few people agree with this because when you get down to it, it's kind of a sad world view.

...that is all

Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games