Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 ... 2596 2597 2598 2599 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:21 pm
User Image
Having finished catching up on the past Supernatural episodes, I can finally have time to catch up on the other shows I've been neglecting. Thankfully Dad showed interest in finding the episodes of Who Do You Think You Are, so we can watch those as a family. So that eliminates the set of episodes I was getting behind on. I still have to catch up on True Blood... though I don't seem to be all that enthusiastic about doing it, like I was with the Supernatural episodes.

I'm starting to think that it's a sign that I need to eliminate how many shows I'm watching. True Blood is starting to be a show that I feel like I'm not into as much anymore and possibly a show I won't feel too heart broken about splitting from. The Vampire Diaries is another one that's on the border on whether I want to continue with it or not. Not to mention, I have a collection of new shows that will be starting up that I have yet to discover whether I'll continue onward with them or not.
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:22 pm
User Image
As for right now, I plan on just posting a bunch here in Why Not. I'll catch up on True Blood episodes tomorrow evening.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:35 pm
User Image
*sings along to music*
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:51 pm
User Image
*dances around*
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:04 pm
User Image
Looking at a photography website I found today and checking out the wedding photo sets they have featured.
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 pm
User Image
Time to do something else...
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:56 pm
Pick one of your OCs and fill in the questions/statement as if you were them.

I'm gonna go with my newest OC I created - Charity.

1. What is your name?
Charity Samara Delaney

2. Do you know why you were named that?
I never got the chance to officially talk to my parents about why they chose my name, due to them dieing when I was young, but there clearly was a major religious vibe going on. According to mythology, the Archangel Chamuel - known as the angel of love - had an archia (or "twin flame", as she's sometimes called) counterpart named Charity. My middle name is a Hebrew and Arabic name meaning "guardian or protected by God" and "night talk". Finally, my surname has multiple meanings: the Old French origin means "from the alder grove" ((in some mythologies, alder is considered the tree of resurrection)); the Gaelic Irish origin means "offspring of the challenger" or "angel from heaven".

So, whether it was either deliberate or not, there's definitely a major connection to the angels and God going on.

3. Are you single or taken?
Um... in a complicated relationship? I don't know how else to describe it.

4. Have any abilities or powers?
As far as I know I'm just an ordinary human being who just happens to get tied up in supernatural related events.

5. Stop being a Mary-sue!
How am I being a "Mary Sue"? There's nothing special about me... aside from being best friends with both an angel, demon, and a few hunters.

6. What's your eye color?
Brown.

7. How about hair color?
Dark brown.

8. Have you any family-members?
Ones that are living? No. Both of my parents and my two older sisters, Faith and Hope, are dead.

9. Oh? How about pets?
No pets at this time. I travel around too much to have one.

10. That's cool, I guess. Now tell me something you don't like.
Being underestimated on what I'm able to do or handle.

11. Do you have any activities/hobbies that you like to do?
Research, research, research. Oh... and occasionally drink my favorite alcohol.

12. Have you ever hurt anyone in anyway before?
It wouldn't surprise me if I did. Of course I don't always intend to do it on purpose.

13. Ever... killed anyone before?
I'm sort of a hunter... so... it comes with the job.

14. What kind of animal are you?
An eagle? I don't know.

15. Name your worst habits?
On my worst days, I can get pretty deep with my drinking.

16. Do you look up to anyone at all?
Have you seen Sam? The guy is a freaking giant!

Oh... you meant in terms of being like an idol or whatever. I guess I have to go with Bobby. Of all of the "home base" hunters, he was the best one.

17. are you Gay, Straight, or Bisexual?
Straight with a hint of bisexuality.

18. Do you go to school?
Not anymore. But I do have a few degrees that I think are beneficial to the job.

19. Ever wanna marry and have kids one day
Marry? Sure. Kids? I don't really know.

20. Do you have fangirls/fanboys?
I arrived on the scene after those Supernatural books were written, so the fanbase doesn't even know who I am.

21. What are you most afraid of?
The fates of my two closest friends, Cas and Crowley.

22. What do you usually wear?
Casual clothes that are comfortable and easy to move around in if I need to fight. Boots are usually an essential and nice jean jacket.

23. What's one food that tempts you?
Uh... not sure. I probably should ask the boys if they recognize a particular food I always seem to go for like how they have their signature dishes. Take Dean for an example - he sure does love his pie.

24: Am I annoying you?
Yeah. There's a lot of work I need to get back to.

25. Well, it's still not over!
Then stop wasting time and get through with it!

26. What class are you? (low class, middle class, high class)?
Middle class, I guess?

27. How many friends do you have?
Close friends? 4 - the Winchester boys, Cas, and Crowley. Close acquantices - Charlie.

28. What are your thoughts on pie?
All I can think of now when pie is mentioned is Dean.

30. Favorite drink?
Alcohol. sweatdrop

31. What's your favorite place?
With my friends.

32. Are you interested in anyone~?
*points at Cas* What do you think? Course he's new to the whole "being human" thing, so he's still trying to get in tune with human emotions.

33. That was a stupid question. I killed it.
Idgit!

34. Would you rather swim in a lake or the ocean?
Lake.

35. What's your type?
Dean would say that I fall for the misfit supernatural guys.

36. Any fetishes?
No.

37. Seme or uke
I don't have time for this nonsense.

38. Camping or indoors?
Really depends on the job.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:59 pm
User Image
This questionnaire made me realize that I really need to fine tune some of the details about Charity. Like what her favorite type of alcohol is... and what her favorite food is.

Not to mention the history behind her family's death and how that affected her. Is it weird that she's the first OC that I've created that actually has siblings? Then again, her name sort of led to the creation of the sisters, so it wasn't really my original plan.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:07 am
1. When did you start writing?
Since I was a little girl.

2. When you were a beginning writer, what did your write primarily? What do you write now, primarily? (i.e. romance, fan-fiction, poetry)
Fairytale-like stories. Now I'm more expanded to fantasy and science fiction oriented works.

3. How often do you write?
Whenever I am inspired or feel like writing.

4. When is your favorite time of the day to write?
Early afternoon.

5. Do you have a writing muse? If so, who/what?
My characters? If they are ready to share their story with me, then that's when I usually write.

6. What is your most popular lit piece?
None at this time.

7. What is the piece you are currently writing?
It's called "Moonshimmer". That's all I'm gonna say about it right now.

8. What is the piece you most recently finished?
None at this time.

9. What piece are you most proud of?
"Moonshimmer" - even though it's not finished yet. But it's the first story I've written that has gone beyond the usual 30 page amount that I had done in the past. I'm at about 200-some pages and I'm not even done writing the first draft. And it'll increase even more when I do more research for certain aspects of the story.

10. What piece are you most disappointed in?
Probably a few of the poems I wrote for a couple of my poetry classes.

11. From all of your stories, who is/are your favorite character(s) and why? (try to limit it to 3)
Moonshimmer and Diana. They started out as OCs for two different franchises and eventually they started creating their own universes... and soon their universes joined together. I love their personalities and stories... and love that they are a great pair of friends. Never would have imagined them during their early OC stages that they would be best friends.

12. What is the best compliment you ever got on your writing?
Any compliment I receive means a lot to me, especially since I'm fairly secretive about the works I write.

13. What is your main goal with writing?
With the novels I'm planning on writing and completing, I want to complete stories that are at their best and tell the stories that have been stuck in my head for so many years. And hopefully they will be the novels that will get me to being published and entering the world of being a true author.

14. Have you ever been published?
Not yet. But hoping that some day I will be.

15. If tomorrow you learned that you would never be able to formally publish a story, would you still write?
If no major publisher is going to public my story, then I would go with the self-publishing route. With the amount of friends I have that are into the English field, it probably wouldn't take too long before I got a nice chunk of fans following my work. So, yeah, I would still write, whether I was published or not.

16. If you could get a Daily Deviation on one of your lit pieces, which would it be?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:18 am
1.) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
Aside from my Kindles, there's no books close enough for me to do this. xd

2.) Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What can you reach?
Just reaching out to my elbow I hit the wall.

3.) What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Master Chef

4.) Without looking guess what time it is?
Just a little after midnight.

5.) Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
12:09 a.m.

6.) With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Men In Black Main Theme xd

7.) When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Earlier today. I was notifying my Dad that I was going to town to drop off my job application. When I got home, I checked my trunk and found that I caught two mice in one of the traps I had... and talked a bit with Dad.

8.) Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
Changed what song I was listening to.

9.) What are you wearing?
Pajamas

10.) Did you dream last night?
Yeah. Dean Winchester appeared in it. It was a bit surprising that it was him that starred in it... but to be honest... I didn't mind.

11.) When did you last laugh?
Tonight when Dad and I were watching Treehouse Masters.

12.) What are on the walls you are in?
Pictures, decorations, shelves...

13.) Seen anything weird lately?
Catching two mice in one trap? I haven't had that happen in my car before, so that was interesting. Plus the trap was right there in the front, so I didn't have to practically climb into the trunk ((because my trunk is big!)) to grab it.

14.) What do you think of this quiz?
It's alright.

15.) What was the last film you saw?
Um... The Last Quartet? I can't remember the name exactly now. It's got Christopher Walken and Imogen Poots in it.

16.) If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
Save some to use for schooling. Use some to travel to some of the places I've wanted to go. Um... I don't know.

17.) Tell me something about you that I don't know?
I'm sure there's a lot of things.

18.) If you could change one thing about the world.
A better economy.

19). What do you want to learn in the future?
My ancestral roots.

20.) George Bush:
Glad he's no longer the president.

21.) Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
If it was up to me to choose the name, I would go with "Isabella Rose".

22.) Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
The only boy name I've come up with is "Timothy Alexander". I really need to come up with more boy names I like.

23.) Would you ever consider living abroad?
Sure. If it was somewhere in the U.K.

24.) What do you want God to say when you reach the pearly gates?
"Thank you for staying true to what I wanted the teaching of the Bible, my Word, to be. You will be rewarded greatly for your faith and obedience, my child."

And then I become an angel! *laughs*  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 am
User Image
I was thinking about something the other day regarding the Archangel Chamuel that I got inspiration from for my Supernatural OC's name. He's considered the angel of love. According to biblical scripture, God is love. So... does that mean Chamuel has a special role in relation to God? Or is Chamuel really God?
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:21 am
User Image
Supernatural has really gotten me into thinking more about religious mythology. And surprising enough makes me want to attempt reading the Bible again. I was only able to read the first few books and Revelations the last time I attempted. I wonder if I would get any further at another attempt.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:22 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:30 am
1. If you went to Hogwarts which house would you be sorted in?
Ravenclaw. No question about it.

2. Whose death was the saddest?
For the books, I cried at Dobby's death. For the movies, I cried at Dobby and Snape's deaths.

3. If you went to Hogwarts would you rather have an owl, a cat, or a rat?
I would have both a cat and an owl. The owl would simply be for communication purposes.

4. Have you read the Tales of Beedle the Bard?
Not yet.

5. When did you first become a Potter fan?
I think when I finally decided to check the series out, Prisoner of Azkaban (the book) has just come out. I started reading Sorcerer's Stone and only got a few chapters in before deciding to put it back on the shelf of the school library. Then some time later I decided to give the book another shot and since then I've been a major fan. sweatdrop

A little break! Favourite...

Professor?
Snape.

Death Eater?
Either Lucius Malfoy or Bellatrix Lestrange.

Magical creature?
Dragon or unicorn.

Hogwarts House?
Ravenclaw.

Weasley?
Fred and George.

Yeeeeeep return to the questions!

6.Who is your least favourite HP character?
Umbridge.

7.Would you enter the Triwazard Tournament?
No.

8.Pureblood, half-blood, Muggle born?
Knowing my family... I probably would be a half-blood. I just can't picture enough magic existing with my family members to make me a Pureblood.

9.What will your Patronus be?
A cat.

10.What kind of wand would you have?
Cedar, dragon heartstring, and flexible. Not sure about the length though.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:49 am
1. What do you do currently for a job?
I volunteer as a Cat Socializer at the local humane animal shelter.

2. How satisfied are you with your job?
I love volunteering at the shelter and plan on doing it for a long period of time. I don't know why I hesitated for so long to actually apply for a volunteer position.

I would like to have a job that pays though.

3. Does your job require you to work with a group, or alone? Do you do better in groups, or with solitary projects?
A bit of both. When there's cleaning needed to be done, then we work as a group to insure everything is done. For the socialization, you are more on a solitary work level.

4. Do you keep on task?
There's never a dull moment at the shelter.

5. What do you honestly think of your supervisor? What about your coworkers?
I love the supervisor. She's got a great personality and I enjoy talking with her when she stops by.

I enjoy the other volunteers that work the same shift as me. We've gotten close to each other and know what each person likes to do the most. It's nice because we mentally already know each other's roles and don't have to question who is going to do what.

There's one staff gal - Natasha - who I absolutely love and enjoy working along side with. The other staff gal - Alex - she tends to come off as stuck up or whatever... and it just rubs me the wrong way. She's a nice gal when you actually talk to her but her overall presence makes you feel like you're scum and not doing anything right.

6. Does your job require a lot of paperwork? How well do you handle that?
The only paperwork I handle is recording the times I socialize with cats, filling out any medical concern forms that need to be done, and filling out any diarrhea chart forms if there is one.

7. What about machinery or computers?
Sanitizer and laundry machines are the only machinery we have to use.

8. Does your job require moving or taking a lot of business trips? How does this affect your family or pets, if you have any?
Nope.

9. What's your salary like? What's the minimum wage, if there is one? (If the story takes place in a fictional world, use its currency.)
It's a volunteer position. I don't make money. Though I feel like I should with the amount of work and effort I put in each shift.

The minimum wage in WA is now $9.19. ((I didn't even know this questionnaire was meant for an OC. The person I took it from didn't even mention it being so. Oh well.)).

10. What is your favorite part about your job? Or do you only like it for the pay?
Interacting with the felines.

11. What is your least favorite part about your job?
Cleaning messy kennels for a majority of my shift. I don't mind doing some cleaning... but I don't like it when it takes up my entire shift to get things done.

12. How well do you feel you perform at your job? Does it use your abilities well, do you feel challenged, do you think they request too much of you?
Every day has a new challenge. While the basic concept still applies each time, you never know what you will be getting into each morning. So, yeah, I always have a new challenge to overcome.

There are times where I feel that volunteers are putting in a whole lot more work that is worthy of being paid for.

13. Where do you see yourself in ten years? (Promotions, a different job, a different company, et cetera.)
Continuing my volunteering at the shelter and have received the volunteer pins that are available.

And hopefully have another job - THAT PAYS - that I enjoy doing.

14. How many hours do you work per week? Would you like to work more or less, or are you happy with the current number?
I work 2-3 hours on Wednesdays. I am happy with the shift I have been doing. Mostly because I enjoy the people I work with.

15. How often do you work with the public? (Seminars, career fairs, customer service, et cetera.) How well do you handle that?
If I stay later to the point of the shelter opening, then I may occasionally deal with some patrons who are interested in meeting a cat or have a question about a particular dog ((if I happen to be checking on what canines are there at the time)). I do pretty well.

16. What other jobs have you had? What was the worst, and what was the best?
Various assistant-oriented postions, positions on school newspapers, pet sitting... and a few other odds and ends. I enjoyed working for my university's student newspaper and pet sitting. The child care babysitting job was a bit challenging due to the kids (my second cousins) being handfuls at the time.

17. Is a dangerous (legally or physically) job that's high-paying job worth it?
Depends on the job.

18. What kind of job do you think you would perform the lousiest at?
Anything medical oriented.

19. How do you feel about child labor? Does it exist in your world?
If it's a family farm and they're just helping out, I don't see a problem with that. But actually hard labor, no. They shouldn't have to get involved with that at such a young age.

20. How satisfactory are your current working conditions? What about working conditions around the world?
The economy is terrible, so it's really hard for us young folks to find an entry level position to apply for that we actually have a chance at and don't need so-many-years of experience ((which contradicts with the whole "entry level" concept)).

21. Are you a member of any work unions?
No.

22. Do you think you get enough vacation time – if you get any at all?
I volunteer only one day a week for a few hours. The rest of the time I do whatever I want.

23. How strict is your current job about sick days and absences? Do they provide maternity and medical leave?
I select the days I want to work. If I'm unable to work a day, then I don't sign up for it or notify the volunteer programs manager that I won't be able to make it due to whatever reason.

24. Are you happy with your work benefits? Are there any given for current/former military personnel/veterans?
The only benefit really is that it looks good on my resume. And getting a dosage of being genuinely happy when I socialize with the cats.

25. What do you think is more beneficial – college or apprenticeship? What sort of training and schooling did your current job require?
Both is beneficial in this day of age. College will help you determine what area of field you are most interested in... and apprenticeship helps you get experience which helps you get a foot in the door towards whatever position you want.

The volunteer position only requires that you are capable of doing said tasks and are okay working with animals.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 ... 2596 2597 2598 2599 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games