Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:26 pm
How did you get 25 & 50 mixed up? xD  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:52 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
How did you get 25 & 50 mixed up? xD
Because 50k was the profit I made from selling the Dec03 NM scarf and buying it back. razz  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

[Pink Lady]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:02 pm
hey i wanna be rich gonk

i won't be on gaia for a while...i have a book report & a history report due on thursday ><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:49 pm
tamcharles
Niphredil Ithilmir
tamcharles
*points to my vending primer*

Seriously... take the time to try it out. You only need 1k capital to get started by working the ghost-sheets/fish/tokens/tickets/bugs/junk and you can easily pull 600% profits. 3nodding

Exchanging ish fun~ not that I'm v good at it, lol.. Vending I can't seem to get the hang of, for some reason - just don't think I'm quick enough..
Well there's always some amount of practice needed... but start small and soon enough you'll be working bigger '04 items. biggrin

As for me, here's an example of what I did a few days ago...

I wanted to offer on an OMG, but I was about 25k PURE short and I found a buyer who seemed to like June 2004 letters.

So what I did instead was buy up all the June 2004 letters in the vend so that the lowest price had become 110k each (from originally 102-103k-ish each).

Then I made my offer of 6 June 2004 Letters + pure for the OMG. The seller thought he was getting a stellar deal because he was pricing off the vend (est. 735k offer but it was really around 710k or less). twisted

Er, I do get the hang of what you're saying, but I can't handle sacrificing most of my gold just to exchange items. gonk I could sell all the bugs and insects and trash I've got though.  

Minielf

K i m m e h

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:52 pm
All you've said is very interesting...but how could you start off if you didn't have too much items and very little gold?
Like for example, would it be possible for me to make 15k in 7 days without getting it normally and slowly?

I resorted to starting avatar contests but there hasn't been too much interest.. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:00 pm
I wish there was a market here on Gaia for written works, but I tried setting up a shop that sold just that once and it failed utterly. sweatdrop

I think the best way to make money if you don't have a lot of posts or great artistic talent, and suck at vending is to use real money and donate lots of times to get dozens of letters. Then sell them all at inflated prices. 3nodding  

Minielf

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:13 pm
K i m m e h
All you've said is very interesting...but how could you start off if you didn't have too much items and very little gold?
Like for example, would it be possible for me to make 15k in 7 days without getting it normally and slowly?

I resorted to starting avatar contests but there hasn't been too much interest.. sweatdrop
That's very possible too... you just work with smaller items.

For example:

Enchanted trunks sell for about 2900-3000g+, but many people dump them for as low as 2200-2500g. Just buy them and resell them at that higher price.

Emo Glasses sell for 1400g (yeah store price) overnight on the vend, just grab anything lower and sell it at that price.

Romani Glasses sell for 1800g (same as emo) overnight.

Then you can play with the tokens (1 token = 1g) if you buy say in bulk on the vend at 500 tokens for 450g, resell at 100 tokens at 99g (5 times) and then you'll pocket the difference.

The same applies for tickets (1 ticket = 1.7g), just watch the market and be quick with your math.

Fish... good ol' fish. Memorize their sellback prices, you'll be astonished how many people will sell 30 guppies for 30g (1 Guppy = 3g Sellback).

See, there's lots to work with even at low levels. smile But even the best venders can't do well without putting the time in. If you've read my Vending Primer, there's no excuse for hardwork. Take the time out of bumping/posting/polling and vend. It's as much about developing skill as it is being diligent.

Hard work does pay off. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:41 am
Thanks charlie heart

It just feels a bit.. random? When you have to watch for the good deals etc.. and I know it all adds up and stuff butI'm always like 'I can't be bothered with 100g profit'.. I think I'm just lazy xp sweatdrop  

Niphredil Ithilmir

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:30 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
Thanks charlie heart

It just feels a bit.. random? When you have to watch for the good deals etc.. and I know it all adds up and stuff butI'm always like 'I can't be bothered with 100g profit'.. I think I'm just lazy xp sweatdrop
Or you could spend 5 minutes polling for 100g... biggrin

It only takes one item to make couple hundred g profit, and it'll take far less than 5 minutes. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:17 am
Not that I poll//post whore either.. I think I just hang. And lurk. Etc.

I fail at life. gonk  

Niphredil Ithilmir

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:02 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:15 pm
tamcharles
ninja

ninja ninja  

Niphredil Ithilmir

yalie5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:56 pm
i think there's a term for what charlie's doing. i'm not sure what it is yet... but your pretty good at playing the stocks charles. xp too bad you can't do that in real life (well maybe do i don't know)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:09 pm
yalie5
i think there's a term for what charlie's doing. i'm not sure what it is yet... but your pretty good at playing the stocks charles. xp too bad you can't do that in real life (well maybe do i don't know)
Well I used to be a Powerseller on eBay... until they suspended my 3 accounts for "overly-agressive marketing"...

Tell me, in this capitalistic world... just what is wrong exactly with pricing items at $0.39 ($0.09 profit BTW) to ensure that your competitors are put out of business. I needed to maintain my monoply in my niche but apparently that's not acceptable (regular prices ranged from $1.99-$59.99). I used those 3 accounts to cater to "different crowds"... one was for the rich and ignorant, other for the stingy, and the last for those in between. Heh. twisted

I sold Diablo 2 LOD (Bnet HC/SC/USWEST/USEAST), iths, dupes, dupe methods, dupers, items, etc... biggrin

So since then... I've turned my attention to Gaia and vending. Oh... I'm permanently banned from eBay now. Any account of mine (if reported) is insta-banned as per their TOS... aka. NARU'd.

Capitalism my arse. stare

EDIT: Oh, I boasted a 98.3% positive feedback rating... biggrin *All prices USD.  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:17 pm
tamcharles
yalie5
Well I used to be a Powerseller on eBay... until they suspended my 3 accounts for "overly-agressive marketing"...

Tell me, in this capitalistic world... just what is wrong exactly with pricing items at $0.39 ($0.09 profit BTW) to ensure that your competitors are put out of business. I needed to maintain my monoply in my niche but apparently that's not acceptable (regular prices ranged from $1.99-$59.99). I used those 3 accounts to cater to "different crowds"... one was for the rich and ignorant, other for the stingy, and the last for those in between. Heh. twisted

I sold Diablo 2 LOD (Bnet HC/SC/USWEST/USEAST), iths, dupes, dupe methods, dupers, items, etc... biggrin

So since then... I've turned my attention to Gaia and vending. Oh... I'm permanently banned from eBay now. Any account of mine (if reported) is insta-banned as per their TOS... aka. NARU'd.

Capitalism my arse. stare

EDIT: Oh, I boasted a 98.3% positive feedback rating... biggrin *All prices USD.

Um, well, there's nothing wrong with pricing items lower than your competitors to maintain your position but...aren't you a little TOO capitalistic and profit driven? For you to be banned from ebay, man I think they thought you were too greedy as well. xp  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games