Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zach McClure

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:53 am
Sure! I'll join you on you Sil reading. That'll be fun. So, will it be like the summer reading assignment on Gaia in July where you read one chapter a week and then posted comments and asked questions?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:46 am
Don't worry, Nimbrethil, I'm just as geeky as you, if not more so cool as you. I'd love to particpate.  

Falathrim

Elainya

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:26 am
>,< One thing about laptops--they need outlets to run. So when I plug the thing into the wall, I expect my outlet to work!! So, I'm typing away and suddenly everything dies! Why? Because the outlet I'm plugged into is broken. Luckily this computer has a hybernation thingy so I didn't lose any stored data, even Gaia posts. *phew* So, yeah the thing's recharging.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:47 am
Elainya
>,< One thing about laptops--they need outlets to run. So when I plug the thing into the wall, I expect my outlet to work!! So, I'm typing away and suddenly everything dies! Why? Because the outlet I'm plugged into is broken. Luckily this computer has a hybernation thingy so I didn't lose any stored data, even Gaia posts. *phew* So, yeah the thing's recharging.

Ouch. You got lucky I guess...

I got an invitation to join here and I tried several different ways to accept the invitation and everytime it said error. >.< Menegil or some poor soul probably has their inbox clogged with my junk...  

Laurewyn

Zurgi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:49 pm
I'm back ninja

About the Zamster name change, that's temporary. It's just that mom made me show her the site, and tell her my username..

So I changed my username in case she tried to find my posts ninja I might change it again to Zurgi and leave it at that. Zamster was the first thing that came to mind because it's a nickname one of my friends has for me.

Someone explain this whole mistletoe "YOU GOT KISSED!" thing? I've gotten about 20 in the past ten minutes.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:57 pm
I miss way too much when I'm away. Though I would have much liked to be here...instead of being clung to and squeezed by my friend's little brother. He's a sodding brat and I wish immenese pain on him everytime I go there.

Being the little well brought up child I am, though, I keep a smile on and say nothing while he is destroying my trachea.

On topic, I'll join up on the Sil. reading group. It'll make me actually read the book.
I don't know why I have such a hard time reading the bloody thing - it's not an aneurism inducer. I could do it, but I don't.
I'll just continue blaming my bad grip on reality - same reason I couldn't read the Vampire Chronicles without driving myself crazy.  

Caeleste

Zurgi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:01 pm
As for the Sil reading group thing:

You know...I would...but for a small fact that I'm in the midst of reading HoME right now o.o;

Actually, nevermind, I will do it. I'll read the chapter of the week one day that week, and the rest of the time I'll read HoME! It'll be marvelous. And I'll get confused.

"Wait...I thought it just said that...oh...that was in the Sil. Right. Okay. I'm smart."

Edit: My name is still showing up as Zamster to me...yet..

Welcome Zurgi , your Gaia Gold: 822

Interesting. Ah well. I have two names ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:18 pm
*goes and sits in a corner*

I got a gift certificate for xmas for books so I was like, "Schweet! I shall buy teh Sil!" But then when I got there, they were all gone. And Imyavie was rather sad.

...I guess I am not cool...  

Imyavie

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:21 pm
Zamster

Edit: My name is still showing up as Zamster to me...yet..

Welcome Zurgi , your Gaia Gold: 822

Interesting. Ah well. I have two names ninja

Names, avatars and sigs etc. aren't updating in the guilds for some reason. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:56 pm
Regarding Sil reading: Eeexcellent. Will set go up the thread now, in which I will answer questions and explain more fully how I plan to proceed. (Imyavie, you can still be cool. Can the bookstore order it in for you?)

Yay, the Zamster formerly known as Zurgiea is now known as Zurgi!

In other news, I lost control on an icy road driving to work this afternoon and put my car into the ditch. Some lovely couple stopped and towed me out. Luckily, no one was hurt.

The lesson is: don't speed and don't swerve on icy roads to avoid small animals. And don't do both at once. domokun  

Nimbrethil

Imyavie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:35 pm
Nimbrethil
Regarding Sil reading: Eeexcellent. Will set go up the thread now, in which I will answer questions and explain more fully how I plan to proceed. (Imyavie, you can still be cool. Can the bookstore order it in for you?)

Yay, the Zamster formerly known as Zurgiea is now known as Zurgi!

In other news, I lost control on an icy road driving to work this afternoon and put my car into the ditch. Some lovely couple stopped and towed me out. Luckily, no one was hurt.

The lesson is: don't speed and don't swerve on icy roads to avoid small animals. And don't do both at once. domokun

eek I'm glad you are okay!
It's no prob. I'm gonna go to the store an' check back in a few days.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:50 pm
I'll participate in the Sil reading. I was reading it during the summer, then stopped, and have not picked it up yet. I'd rather restart and this will be the perfect opportunity to do so. 3nodding  

Kementari

closer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:21 pm
I'll do the sil reading, although I have to buy another copying, seeing as how I left the last one somewhere and it was stolen... stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:42 pm
I'm all for joining reading the Silmarillion! *pulls out brand new hardcover copy* mwahahaha...

Yeah I'm done now...

I tried this at Council of Elrond and I didn't even read the first chapter but I know all of you guys better than the all the people there... I don't know anyone there sad ... So you can nudge me if I fall behind!

I doubt I'd fall behind but at least you can yell at me if I'm not participating enough *nudges Falathrim*

So you can count me in and I'll actually try this time xd  

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:13 am
And now for something... completely different.

I played LOTR: TTA some more today. It made me die a little on the inside. I battled Wormtongue. WHY did I battle Wormtongue?! Gah... xp  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games