Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FCastleThe Punisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:10 pm
Hi guys its been a while since i was on any of the guilds, dunno if this was talked about but has anyone else here play the Resi 5 demo? I have it and think that it is awesome, i like the control changes as I think that they work with the game.
Anyone else who has played it have any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Sadly, I can't play it yet. I have XBOX 360, but I don't have LIVE because I don't have the wireless adapter for it. Right now, the demo is exclusive to XBOX. Luckily, the wireless comes built-in to the PS3. So it looks like I'll have to wait until February, when the demo is available on PS3, to get a taste of RE5.  

Thee Stranger

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:11 pm
I don't have any of the consols, but I have gone to 新門町 (Xin Men Din), which is popular place for pedestrians to walk around and look at the different attractions, and att he big year building at the 2nd top floor they have the demo for RE5. I went there and tried it. I think the controls are abit confusing, but never the less I think the game play is cool. I just don't like the assumed story line though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:51 pm
Well I decided to get Gamestop's collector edition of the game. For $90, I feel its worth it. I guess the packaging really frosted the cake for me. If your still getting the game, do tell what's your choice.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:23 pm
What exactly does the Collector's Edition include...?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:04 pm
Thee Stranger
What exactly does the Collector's Edition include...?

I posted the info in the Raccoon Times. Check it out!  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:17 pm
Hmm... Tricell bag? What the hell is Tricell? B.S.A.A. patch...? Well, I guess that's kinda cool, but I don't know if it's worth another $30. Now, if it came with an Umbrella bag and a S.T.A.R.S. patch it might be another story. Problem is, I just don't know if I'm a big RE5 fan yet. Street Fighter IV, however, I'll definitely be picking up the Collector's Edition of that.

Anyway, thanks for the info. This is definitely the best RE site on Gaia. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:19 pm
Thee Stranger
Hmm... Tricell bag? What the hell is Tricell? B.S.A.A. patch...? Well, I guess that's kinda cool, but I don't know if it's worth another $30. Now, if it came with an Umbrella bag and a S.T.A.R.S. patch it might be another story. Problem is, I just don't know if I'm a big RE5 fan yet. Street Fighter IV, however, I'll definitely be picking up the Collector's Edition of that.

Anyway, thanks for the info. This is definitely the best RE site on Gaia. 3nodding
It be really odd since both organizations are much as dead and all. But thanks for the comment! mrgreen  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:41 am
I know I'm going to be a downer, but all I keep thinking is how excited I'd be if the bag was an Umbrella bag, and the badge was a STARS badge... crying

EDIT: Ooh, Thee Stranger, I didn't notice we put the same thing... oops.. :p  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:45 am
If only. D: We have a better chance of getting Chris to drug rehab, though.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:19 am
Man... This is horse s**t. I can't believe RE5 is the most anticipated game on Gamefaqs. See, this just proves that Resident Evil has become a mainstream franchise, like Halo, like Call of Duty, something a bunch of frat boys are gonna get together and play while having some beers. Survival horror used to be a cult based genre. Pardon the pun. Now it's like, "We must add new features that will appeal to people who don't appreciate our roots.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:43 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Man... This is horse s**t. I can't believe RE5 is the most anticipated game on Gamefaqs. See, this just proves that Resident Evil has become a mainstream franchise, like Halo, like Call of Duty, something a bunch of frat boys are gonna get together and play while having some beers. Survival horror used to be a cult based genre. Pardon the pun. Now it's like, "We must add new features that will appeal to people who don't appreciate our roots.

Well of course people are gonna be psyched about this. I mean, the fourth one is considered by many to be the best game on the gamecube. And I don't think it makes a difference who likes the game.(unless you're playing with people online, like Halo 3 and Call of Duty-shiver-)
What features are you talking about?  

WHERES HARVEY

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:09 pm
WHERES HARVEY
Biohazard EXTREME

Well of course people are gonna be psyched about this. I mean, the fourth one is considered by many to be the best game on the gamecube. And I don't think it makes a difference who likes the game.(unless you're playing with people online, like Halo 3 and Call of Duty-shiver-)
What features are you talking about?

I think what BIO is getting is Capcom ruined their original formula and added features that would appeal to general gamers, rather than the true gamers, which was the reason why they fell in love with the classical "Survival" genre. Capcom is more concerned about the dollar amount which the game brings in rather than staying consist and bringing out a great quality game.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:57 pm
Well, first, pretty much everything they added in RE4 that essentially made RE4 not a horror game.
But now they decided to tack on the Co-op mode, which is like, the new hot thing to put into a game. Capcom's starting to become a trend follower. They used to be trend setters. They popularized true Survival Horror. Now they're trying to blend into the stale pool of mainstream games that plague this generation. It's sad, really.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:40 am
NotteRequiem
EDIT: Ooh, Thee Stranger, I didn't notice we put the same thing... oops.. :p

They say great minds think alike. wink

@ Bio: I know exactly what you mean. The oldschool RE games definitely didn't appeal to everyone. They weren't the kind of games that you brought over to your friend's house with some nachos and had a party with. They weren't supposed to be. They were horror games that placed emphasis on being alone with limited ammo and no help; the kind of games that were meant to be played alone in the dark (more on that later ^_~). However, in it's prime, the classic Resident Evil's were pretty mainstream. I mean, it's always been a popular series.

@ HARVEY: OMG, my fan! Thank you for being my fan. ^_^

@ MM-212: Well, the thing is... RE's old formula wasn't original. It really just mirrored a template that Alone in the Dark created four years earlier, and streamlined it slightly. That's not knocking RE or anything. They did popularize the genre, and I'd take RE over AitD any day, but you have to put it in perspective. Basically, RE is to AitD and Survival Horror what Doom was to Wolfenstein and the First-Person Shooter. And of course Capcom is concerned with making money. That's any game manufacturer's top concern, but I'm sure RE5 will be a quality title just as RE4 was. Was it a quality Resident Evil title? Well, I think that any true fan of the series knows the answer to that burning question.

@ Bio: Well, going back to the AitD thing, Capcom were always followers. AitD was quite popular here in the States when it first came out, and Capcom capitalized on that success. Most all game companies do this. They analyze the market for the popular trends and implement that into their own games. I know I've already said this more than once, but RE4 was a trend-setter. It was very influential, and you can see it's influence pretty much everywhere in gaming nowadays. So I think that's kind of an unfair statement. Yes, Capcom is mirroring some of the tweaks that have been made to a template it created, but I wouldn't necessarily knock them for that.

However, all that said, I agree that RE4 wasn't Survival Horror, or even horror for that matter. It was an action game, and has basically set the trend for action titles**. So don't get me wrong here... it pretty much burns my tits too, the fact that Capcom has completely revamped the series in terms of gameplay and story, and left us, the oldschool fanbase, in the dust. It also created a new fanbase who have no appreciation or knowledge of the older titles, and that's quite annoying too. The only thing that we can hope for is that RE5 might possibly be able to tie everything back together and give us a satisfying story that feels relevant to the rest of the series this time. I know, I know. It probably won't, but there's really no benefit in being a pessimist.

** One notable exception to this rule is Dead Space, which is amazing. RE5 could take a page out of it's book if you ask me. It definitely borrows from RE4, but it is much more atmospheric and slow-paced. Ammo is limited, so you're not running around gunning everything in sight. The combat itself is also much more involved. Basically, it places an emphasis on atmosphere and horror, which is an area where RE4 fell flat on it's face.

And again, sorry for the wall. You guys know how I am. I like the sound of my own typing.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games