Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Introduce yourselves!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:48 am
'Cause that uni is my back-up, lol. And it's very pretty, albeit secluded. *shrug* It does have a great course and it's good with financial things.

I doubt that PM's gonna die now. Don't tell me; you asked those questions just to keep it going? xd You sneaky, cunning guy.
They're not particularly juicy, but I wrote a heck of a lot, as usual. rolleyes

Blah, dude, one word I'd rather you didn't call me: wench. It's what Theo calls Sarah as a joke and they do it so often it's getting on my nerves. stressed

But why KFC food? Just 'cause you work there doesn't mean you should waste good food! *catches mini-fillets and eats* 4laugh

Lol, yeah. I think 'cause my parents have been so strict with me I'll be the opposite with my kids. I'd like to think I'd be a cool mum that also cares about my kids and doesn't neglect them. In a way I think I'll be like their mother/friend. It's the sort of relationship I wish I had my with parents. I can't tell them really personal things, and I hope my kids don't feel the same way.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:31 pm
Nah. I posted the PM before I posted in this thread. Why would I want to keep the PM convo alive anyways? rolleyes

Yeeeehhh, all those paragraphs about Theo. And then I wrote like 2 lines in response. xd

Haha, that Theo, what a sexist. I bet you wouldn't have minded it if you were the one being called a wench by him. 8]

Those were rotten mini-fillets! Not fit for consumption! gonk *pumps chibi's stomach*

Oooh! You should watch the channel 4 documentary The Family. You can watch it on 4OD if you missed it.
It really struck a chord with me, especially the 2nd episode, which showed how one of the daughters hated school and wanted to leave. I think it kinda applies to you too. Check it out, it's quite interesting. 3nodding  

Tokioka

Chibito7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:20 pm
Because you're nosy and you have nothing better to do than talk to ickle old me?

Well, you asked. Don't complain! And you're a guy. I didn't expect you to come out with a trawl about Theo. Not like you know him or anything.

Ew. If he calls me that I am going to hit him (the hardest I've ever hit him too). b*****d. mad That's his nickname for Sarah though, so he won't ever call me that. That's implying something I'm sure all three of us would rather pretend didn't exist.

gonk I'm going to die and it's all your fault!

I've seen snatches of it. I just cba. But I honestly don't hate school as much as I sound. I'm more fed up than hating it. I want something... new. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:41 am
How did you know!? gonk
Well I do have a lot of things to do... I'm just an extreme procrastinator. v_v

Not like I forced you to eat them, you're just greedy. rolleyes

Sounds like you hate it pretty much. And uni is practically the same except for a bit more freedom. I mean academically anyways. If you're not prepared to continue studying then I'd advise against rushing into uni so soon. I learned the hard way. sweatdrop  

Tokioka

Chibito7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:05 pm
Because I'm psychic. cool

I'm the worst procrastinator. I'm not trying to exaggerate either. I hate myself for it. mad

Oh, thanks. And you're not. stare

I can survive in high school for another year, but no more. Tbh, it's not the academics that get to me. I enjoy learning. I love my subjects. I hate the fact we have to study them for the sake of fricking exams that show almost zero of our potential as people and possible employees. It's just ridiculous. I also want more freedom to do as I please - do homework when I want to, eat when I want to, wash when I want to. These things are always determined by other people, and I want to lead my own sort of life for once.

And I am also fed up with the people here and meeting new people, etc. I don't mind the teachers though.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:42 pm
So you're the worst now? Really? I still haven't done my cv thingy! I really don't know what's wrong with me... it's as if I enjoy putting myself under extreme pressure. But I don't! gonk

Yep, I'm totally selfless. I bring KFC home for my housemates. Aren't I just great? 4laugh

The freedom is amazing, but in my case, I just couldn't control myself. Once there were no restrictions and guidelines I just fell apart. But if you've got that asian work ethic maybe you'll fare better than me.

Teacher's pet lol. lol
By the end of sixth form I didn't care much for my teachers, except my chem teacher who inspired me to do chem at uni. He was nice. Well some of the others were too, but by then I'd fallen into this 'bad boy' routine so I didn't care what they thought of me any more. Whereas before, I really did want to do well and please them all. Funny how things can change so quickly... rolleyes  

Tokioka

Chibito7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:49 pm
I always leave my homework to the free period before it. Or lunch. Or break. I basically spend my evenings doing s**t, even though I know I could be working, I know I don't want the stress, but I just don't do it. mad

Lol. Yes. Yes you are, Toki.

I'm hoping, in all honesty, that won't happen to me. I can see myself being more organised at uni 'cause I'm by myself. My motivation will hopefully come from doing what I fricking want to do. And if I don't, I'll just do what I always do - leave it till the last minute. 90% of the time I will get something in... however late it is. ninja

stare I just get on with people. You don't need to be jealous. xp
My English teacher inspired me to do English. Funny how teachers can have such an effect on you...
I've always gotten on with teachers though. I get on with people in general. I'm a people-pleaser and always will be. I just care too much... sad  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:24 am
I think I procrastinate so much cos I'm so chilled out. Did you know that in my 1st year my nickname was Chill? Granted, it wasn't just cos I was so chilled, but was also a play on my name, but whatever.

Yes I am. And don't you forget it. 3nodding *pat, pat*

I always made sure to hand something in during AS, then by A lvl I started to hand stuff in a week or two after the deadline. It was even worse if the teacher was lenient and didn't chase me up for work, cos then I wouldn't even bother to do it. That's what uni is like cos most of the lecturers are so busy they can't chase up individual students for work. Just be prepared, cos it's very easy to start down that slippery slope and BANG! You're repeating the year again. gonk

As if I'd be jealous of that. talk2hand
When I went to vietnam I learned something while talking to my friend. He noticed how I'm always very distant when I converse with adults and don't seem very involved. This made me realise that although I get along fine with adults, I still view myself as a child and can't really have a close relationship with them. I think the problem is that I respect adults too much, so can't let my guard down when around them. As if I have to act good all the time. sweatdrop  

Tokioka

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:20 am
xd Dude. Still, being chilled out doesn't mean you don't work. Take my bro for example. He's the chilled out guy in his class; he also spends the most hours on his homework and gets the highest all round grades in his class... his year, even. I'm not chilled... definitely not chilled. My friends would laugh if someone described me as chilled, lol. But I am laidback when I want to be. I am just usually running around school screaming about last minute homework, getting ready for magazine meetings, or darting to choir, or something that sounds and looks stressful. *sigh* xd

How is chill anything like your name...? Oh. Ooooh. I was thinking it linked with your surname, since they start with the same letter, but I see... xd Funny. Veery funny. wink

Of course I won't. ninja

I changed during GCSE year, so count yourself lucky. I know what you mean about lenient teachers, but I'd still feel like s**t 'cause they're usually the ones I get on with, and I hate lying to them. whee
Thankies for the advice though. I know it. I just hope to implement it. neutral

For me... it depends on what the adult is like. There are some adults I open up to immediately, and there are some I merely respect. But I will always respect adults, so yes, there will always be a barrier there. *sigh* In a way, I sometimes wish it didn't exist, but we live in our age, with our generation, and that won't change. This is one reason I can't envisage myself being with a man ten years older/younger than me. I just don't think it's the same; he wouldn't have the same understanding/background I would to some subjects, just like I would prefer someone who's a BBC and who speaks better English than Chinese; I also go for the privately schooled boys, methinks. *shrug* People like me from similar backgrounds and upbringing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:58 pm
Hi Im teamaiden!!!
Im half black and half french
I watch japanese animation and listen to japanese music!!
I love to draw!!!
I love to watch Chinese drama(or Taiwanese)Devil Beside You
Im always curious!!!!!
I like to play guitar hero!!!! blaugh blaugh
I don't speak chinese nor learn anything about its culture crying crying crying crying  

teamaiden

bakasaru87

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:35 pm

Hey all~ name is margaret^^
21 y o, and currently living in Taiwan
mom is Taiwanese, dad is Indonesian born Chinese^^
fluent in mandarin Chinese, knows how to write and read too^^ lol

hope i can make new friends here~  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:33 pm
OH HAII <3

We're Ariel and Lin
But we go by Meimei <3
We're both 16 and canadian/american chinese

BAIBAI?

OHH AND, TALK TO Meimei?

HuangSheHuiMeiMei

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:55 am
Hi, I am here because I want to learn chinese and maybe learn a bit about chinese culture.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:15 pm
♪我還在這裡等妳 沒忘記我們的約定 要一起去旅行
 走遍世界各地 留下我們的足跡 夢中的愛情多美麗♪

Welcome to the guild everyone. Enjoy your stay~ ^_____^

KairiYukine

DRA9ON

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:04 pm
Hi
My name:

is 16
Born in the U.S.
likes to sleep, be lazy, procrastinate, draw, practice martial arts