Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MilitantClockwork

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:06 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Canas Renvall
Wow... I sparked quite the debate. Go democracy! xd

If there were no debates, my presence on Gaia would be nonexistant. That's why I shun such threads where the topic asks opinion, and all you get is a bunch of people who tell their opinion, while not bothering reading what other people have to say, and in turn, create a chain of one word replies, violating the purpose of forums in the first place. Because forum is a one word description. But people forget that they once used to be referred to as, "Discussion Boards." Notice the word Discussion? If there were no good, intelligent discussions on Gaia, then there would be no point. Debateless forums are noob magnets.
yeah. There's one in the GD Called "Hitler Was a Genius if you think about it" but all people are doing is flaming the guy rather than openly discussing the possibilities or disagreeing maturely... 'f u1 u r a sik f**!!!1!' seems to be the common insult tossed.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:09 pm
People have a tendency to want to Comment on things, regardless of whether anybody cares or not, while not even caring what other people have to say.  

Biohazard EXTREME

A5116278

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:39 am
i have made plenty of topics on the GD that are debates.
people have an tendancy to read the topic title and relpy on that and not read the first post.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:53 am
Exodia The Forbidden One
i have made plenty of topics on the GD that are debates.
people have an tendancy to read the topic title and relpy on that and not read the first post.
And in some cases abandon the topic altogether. They reply to the topic, and then move on to other topics like their opinion matters so much.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:02 pm
Yeah, I know. It gets so damn annoying after a while. Lanzer, please ban the n00bs! ...Wait, that'd like... ban more than half of Gaia. At least we'd be purged of evil, and the sophisticated could do as we please. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:11 pm
Canas Renvall
Yeah, I know. It gets so damn annoying after a while. Lanzer, please ban the n00bs! ...Wait, that'd like... ban more than half of Gaia. At least we'd be purged of evil, and the sophisticated could do as we please. biggrin
Hey, Gaia was better in 2004, back when its population was like one third of what it is now, and most of them weren't so noobish.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Skylar St Claire

4,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:10 pm
I hate to say it,but when I joined back then I was talking that L334 crap. nothing special, just the typical things like "how r u." and the sorts. Guess it was Cokemusic's limited amount of typing space that got me doing it, thank Gawd I found Gaia and became literate again...I only help Newbies who make a simple mistake and learn from it. As for Noobies I become very sarcastic towards them if they start to bug me. We need the Banhammer.. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:35 pm
Canas Renvall

The n00bs that were banned would join again and again and again. That would cause the number of users on Gaia to increase faster than they are right now. As the number of users go up, so does the popularity of Gaia. Then people from Myspace would join, and people who hear about it. Causing the numbers to get bigger and bigger as floods of n00bs come in.  

Elliot Salem

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:51 am
Did you all hear the hidden easter egg found in Dead Rising?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I can't wait to pick this one up, maybe Capcom may reveal something about RE5. Doubt it, but its worth a long shot.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:41 am
Canas Renvall
Lanzer, please ban the n00bs! ...Wait, that'd like... ban more than half of Gaia.
Lanzer's not going to do anyhting. He's too busy catering to the wants and desires of his mass fan legion.

I've been considering training n00bs. They're an over-abundant resource, easily provoked, and an unharnessed source of power. With the right, training...they could become angry little literates. xd  

MilitantClockwork

Das Jabberwockie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:15 am
MilitantClockwork

With the right, training...they could become angry little literates. xd
rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:35 am
MM-212 Beta
Did you all hear the hidden easter egg found in Dead Rising?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I can't wait to pick this one up, maybe Capcom may reveal something about RE5. Doubt it, but its worth a long shot.

Maybe they'll have a hospital where if you get hurt and lose blood, they'll donate Chris's blood. rofl  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

CaptainCatfish

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:34 pm
Could I have a Steve Salad, maybe, please? *waves hand*

Also, I was wondering if anyone ever kind of...got a little (well, actually, really) into the storylines (even more than the gameplay) and tried to figure what they were all about?

Wait, here, I guess I'm not making myself all too clear, am I? *laughs nervously*
In things like games and movies, I often like to look at characters and storylines and draw connections between those storylines/characters in the game (or anything else) and things happening in real life, and not just things like folks who look like a character or something. Something more like comparing it with history, current events, political leaders and such. Serious stuff, y'see?
For example, I remember once when I was flipping through my copy of the Biohazard Archives book, I got to the concept art section and looked at the part on Code:Veronica. Flipping through some of the design art they had done for Rockfort, I realised that, for one thing, the Ashford family crest (or whatever it was. The eagle with the axe and shield) looked a whole lot like the German black eagle (one of the symbols of the Nazi party).
Looking closer at the Rockfort concept art, I realised that it had an amazing (almost frightening) resemblance to a Nazi concentration camp. Just the setup and the way it was laid out and built and everything...was really just interesting.

...Hoo, okay. Sewry if I offended anybody. *smiles nervously* That was just one of the most specific examples I could give.
...But I was just wondering if anyone else has realised things like that (in the Biohazard games). I just find it kind of fascinating (even though I know a lot of those things are intended by the folks who make the games).

All right, well. Damn, I wrote a lot. xD *shuts up and eat her salad*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:14 pm
You! *pokes Catfish* I know you. xd heart
Now that you mention the details it does seem like the Ashfords had a sort of Nazi-theme going on. Especially when you consider the 'master race' blonde hair-blue eyes details they both shared.  

MilitantClockwork

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:02 pm
CaptainCatfish
Could I have a Steve Salad, maybe, please? *waves hand*

Also, I was wondering if anyone ever kind of...got a little (well, actually, really) into the storylines (even more than the gameplay) and tried to figure what they were all about?

Wait, here, I guess I'm not making myself all too clear, am I? *laughs nervously*
In things like games and movies, I often like to look at characters and storylines and draw connections between those storylines/characters in the game (or anything else) and things happening in real life, and not just things like folks who look like a character or something. Something more like comparing it with history, current events, political leaders and such. Serious stuff, y'see?
For example, I remember once when I was flipping through my copy of the Biohazard Archives book, I got to the concept art section and looked at the part on Code:Veronica. Flipping through some of the design art they had done for Rockfort, I realised that, for one thing, the Ashford family crest (or whatever it was. The eagle with the axe and shield) looked a whole lot like the German black eagle (one of the symbols of the Nazi party).
Looking closer at the Rockfort concept art, I realised that it had an amazing (almost frightening) resemblance to a Nazi concentration camp. Just the setup and the way it was laid out and built and everything...was really just interesting.

...Hoo, okay. Sewry if I offended anybody. *smiles nervously* That was just one of the most specific examples I could give.
...But I was just wondering if anyone else has realised things like that (in the Biohazard games). I just find it kind of fascinating (even though I know a lot of those things are intended by the folks who make the games).

All right, well. Damn, I wrote a lot. xD *shuts up and eat her salad*

Observant...  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games