Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:52 pm
AngelaAshford
NotteRequiem
Because denim = sexy, Angela. Duuuh.

rofl

Oh please, Leon S. Kennedy is NOT bringing sexy back.

Dear Diary,

Everyone in the RE forums is making fun of me. They say my hairstyle is emo. Funny seeing as how my hair grows like this naturally. HAH. All they know how to do is stereotype, because they can't see me for who I am. Just because I listen to My Chemical Romance does NOT mean I'm emo. They just don't understand. Nobody understands. Why even bother trying to explain it to them, nobody ever listens to me!

Ada left me again. I don't know why I even bother with her anymore. She just leads me on, and then leaves me here alone... alone and empty. c**k-tease.

My world is a dark, decaying, foreboding abyss. I asked mom to buy me Rice Krispie Treats today, but she bought me Raisin Bran instead. ********' hate her.
emo

*cuts self*

Leon S. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:30 pm
Since the demo has been released, I'll pass until the game is actually out. I just read some BSAA translated transcripts from ReHorror, and apparently Umbrella is in fact still around. Since the so call fall of Umbrella, much of the former employees are selling the viruses on the black market, which forces new infections and outbreaks across the globe. Now it can be easily read Tricell could easily get their hands on the samples. Some the translation is hard to understand, but I really can't wait til March 13th.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:57 pm
I can't wait either! That way the hype will begin to die and RE5 will be said less and less... Oh, I can't wait for that day to come... *tear*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:23 pm
Sounds like we need to turn that frown upside down. cry  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:54 pm
Hmm... Hey how about this?

Can't spell BSAA without BS!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:30 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Hmm... Hey how about this?

Can't spell BSAA without BS!

Haha xd  

Belbecat

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:09 am
Thee Stranger
AngelaAshford
NotteRequiem
Because denim = sexy, Angela. Duuuh.

rofl

Oh please, Leon S. Kennedy is NOT bringing sexy back.

Dear Diary,

Everyone in the RE forums is making fun of me. They say my hairstyle is emo. Funny seeing as how my hair grows like this naturally. HAH. All they know how to do is stereotype, because they can't see me for who I am. Just because I listen to My Chemical Romance does NOT mean I'm emo. They just don't understand. Nobody understands. Why even bother trying to explain it to them, nobody ever listens to me!

Ada left me again. I don't know why I even bother with her anymore. She just leads me on, and then leaves me here alone... alone and empty. c**k-tease.

My world is a dark, decaying, foreboding abyss. I asked mom to buy me Rice Krispie Treats today, but she bought me Raisin Bran instead. ********' hate her.
emo

*cuts self*

Leon S. Kennedy

Cry us a river Leon. rofl

I just played the RE5 demo for 360 with my husband. There are two parts to choose from, and the first one is extremely difficult (very little ammo, tons of enemies, including ax man). The second one gives you time to explore, along with a good dose of combat. It didn't get difficult until the chainsaw guy arrived.

I played as Sheeva and a major complaint I had was how slow her aiming movement was. I ended up putting it on the fast setting, and it barely made a difference. The slow aiming is indeed helpful with a sniper rifle, but for the handgun and machine gun, it sucked.

The controls were odd. You have to either press in the left thumbstick to run, or hold down A while moving. I was more comfortable with holding down A, but that means you won't be able to control the camera with the right thumbstick. You can control the camera with the first option, but holding down the thumbstick felt very weird, and made me worry that I would accidentally let go in the heat of battle. You use the left bumper to pull your knife out and the right trigger to swipe it. I wish it was both triggers, because pressing the bumper was hard to get used to. I'm not a real fan of the controls, so I might end up playing with 4's control scheme (which was good).

With the complaints about the AI, I know I'm only going to be playing this with my husband when it comes out. I'll get more enjoyment out of it by playing with him, because we can come up with strategies, and crack jokes about the characters and situations.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:10 am
MM-212 Beta
Since the demo has been released, I'll pass until the game is actually out. I just read some BSAA translated transcripts from ReHorror, and apparently Umbrella is in fact still around. Since the so call fall of Umbrella, much of the former employees are selling the viruses on the black market, which forces new infections and outbreaks across the globe. Now it can be easily read Tricell could easily get their hands on the samples. Some the translation is hard to understand, but I really can't wait til March 13th.

It's pretty much the same thing here with me, Beta. I think I'm just gonna wait till the game comes out to play it. I pre-ordered RE5 and the Collector's Edition of Street Fighter IV the other day, which prompted me to do a lot of research on RE5. So I pretty much knew all of that, plus other stuff, which has got me pumped for the game. But it looks like me and you are the only one's. xd Anyway, the rumor goes that Tricell is made up of many of those former Umbrella employees. I miss the oldschool Resident Evil games just as much as anyone, but at least RE5's storyline is looking as though it's going to be delivering something that RE4 definitely left to be desired. And it looks as though it's going to provide us with some closure on the whole Chris/Wesker, and Umbrella plot threads. For better or worse, at least it will be put to bed.

Some more spoilers: The hacked demo revealed a level called the "Spencer Estate", "Licker" was listed as one of the enemies, and Jill is definitely in the game. She is a playable character in the Mercenaries mode (which has 8 levels). There's also a versus mode with 8 levels, and a "History of Resident Evil" unlockable.

@ Angela - I hope the PS3 version's controls are a little better (that's what I pre-ordered it for, though I have a 360 too). I've heard numerous complaints about the controls in this one, so I really hope there is an option to switch to RE4 controls or something as you said, or just completely customize them.  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:45 am
Hey I'm looking forward to it as well. Hell, I don't even have a PS3 and yet I already reserved the Collector's Edition.

As for those spoilers: s**t MY BALLS!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 am
Nothing against Street Fighter, but it saddens me to see someone supporting Capcom that much.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:24 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Nothing against Street Fighter, but it saddens me to see someone supporting Capcom that much.

What do you mean, exactly...? sweatdrop Hey, it's not like I'm buying the Collector's Edition of both....  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:04 pm
Thee Stranger
Biohazard EXTREME

What do you mean, exactly...? sweatdrop Hey, it's not like I'm buying the Collector's Edition of both....
I just mean, I don't think Capcom deserves the support. For what they did to Resident Evil, they deserve to go bankrupt.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:15 pm
Thee Stranger
MM-212 Beta

It's pretty much the same thing here with me, Beta. I think I'm just gonna wait till the game comes out to play it. I pre-ordered RE5 and the Collector's Edition of Street Fighter IV the other day, which prompted me to do a lot of research on RE5. So I pretty much knew all of that, plus other stuff, which has got me pumped for the game. But it looks like me and you are the only one's. xd Anyway, the rumor goes that Tricell is made up of many of those former Umbrella employees. I miss the oldschool Resident Evil games just as much as anyone, but at least RE5's storyline is looking as though it's going to be delivering something that RE4 definitely left to be desired. And it looks as though it's going to provide us with some closure on the whole Chris/Wesker, and Umbrella plot threads. For better or worse, at least it will be put to bed.

Some more spoilers: The hacked demo revealed a level called the "Spencer Estate", "Licker" was listed as one of the enemies, and Jill is definitely in the game. She is a playable character in the Mercenaries mode (which has 8 levels). There's also a versus mode with 8 levels, and a "History of Resident Evil" unlockable.

@ Angela - I hope the PS3 version's controls are a little better (that's what I pre-ordered it for, though I have a 360 too). I've heard numerous complaints about the controls in this one, so I really hope there is an option to switch to RE4 controls or something as you said, or just completely customize them.

Well if I can get past the controls, I should be good to rock-n-roll. If the story strong as it appears, I think the wait is very manageable. Didn't much care for the story in RE4, but I have a strong feeling on whats about to unfold. That can be good or bad. Uhhhh.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:33 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Thee Stranger
Biohazard EXTREME

I just mean, I don't think Capcom deserves the support. For what they did to Resident Evil, they deserve to go bankrupt.

Well, they DID make the good ones in the first place too... stare ...but killing a good series is unforgiveable stressed  

Belbecat

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:31 am
Except if they kill a series no one wants to see alive...  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games