Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Introduce yourselves!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hyacinthe Comeaux

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:10 am
Ewww simplified!

Just kidding, nice to meet you. By Chinese music, do you mean pop music (Jay Chou, JJ Lin, etc.) or traditional music (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon-esque...)?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:31 am
Bleeeeeeh traditional! XP LOL, I'm a mainlander, so I can't read/write traditional script. =< That'll change after my Chinese course next year, apparently.

I mean pop music, but I DON'T mean Jay Chou, JJ Lin, etc, though I do listen to some Taiwanese artists like Cotton Candy, Wang Leehom, Sodagreen, Lollipop, Khalil Fong, etc. I'm more interested in mainland music, though, prolly 'cause I'm from the mainland it's much more of a developing field. So I'm more of a Jane Zhang, Li Yuchun, Top Combine, Wang Yuexin, etc fan. I also like Beijing's rock scene, so... yeah. ^^;  

PrescitedEntity

Kodocha579

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:13 pm
Hey all!
I'll reintroduce myself, I've been lurking around for the last few weeks.
I use to be an active member and then high school got to me >.<
Anyways, I'm snow as my old username was snowboardingbabe101
I'm on the front page next to elfy ^^ with the purple hair
I've been a member since I can remember being on gaia.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:48 am
heart Sorry, I've been on hiatus for awhile.
I just wanted to say. Welcome all new comers and late welcome to oldies to ICU. sweatdrop

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Nivakun_Rii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:54 pm
Hi all~
I've just joined this guild.
I am a full Chinese, but not a China citizen. My ancestors come from China and I was born in this country I now live. Nice to meet all of you!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:49 am
Glad to see some new people are coming ^.^  

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

CottonGrowl

Shirtless Tycoon

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Olympian 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:37 pm
Hi everyone.
I'm CottonGrowl. I was born in America but my both my parents originated from China (GuangZhou to be exact).
Currently, I'm learning to read and write Chinese (except everything comes in one ear and out the other XD).
I can speak Cantonese pretty well, I guess, but I absolutely suck at Mandarin.
Nice to meet you all. :]  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:59 pm
Hi! I was born in Beijing, but I came to America when I was 5 months old. My dad got a job there, and my mom didn't want me to live with only one parent, so she moved to America to be with my dad.
I have an ADORABLE sister. She's 7, and she's so cute!
I speak can speak mandarin, but some of the old phrases and proverbs I don't understand. (Okay, well, not just some, maybe most... fine! I only understand a tiny bit... but the proverbs are confusing!)
My mom's trying to teach me how to write and read chinese, but I'm only on, like, a 3rd grade level. A girl I know, who lives in my neighborhood, goes to Chinese school. She's in 5th grade, but she reads Chinese at a much higher level then me, even though I'm older... *sigh*.
I love to read, I'm in all of the advanced classes in school, I play the piano and the flute, I enjoy drawing, I like playing on the piano... wow. That was a looooooong sentence.
Okay. I think I've said a lot. Sooooo, yeah. That's basically my life.

Vanilla2468

Wheezing Elder

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 pm
Welcome~
*ushers in*

You have an adorable sister? I have a sister the same age as yours, and she's far from adorable. Actually, I've never come across a pair of siblings that get on really well. You are lucky...

You sound a bit like me, really- moved to English-speaking country when young, can't read or write Chinese to save my life xD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:31 pm
Thanks! Actually, most of the time, my sister and I argue... but then we become friends again, but then we fight, and then we become friends... etc.
Yeah...
Heh. Really? You can't read or write Chinese? Yay! All of my Chinese friends at school can do it, and most of them weren't born in China. Everyone expects me to know how to read and write, just because I look Chinese (well, okay, I am Chinese).
Nice to meet you!

Vanilla2468

Wheezing Elder

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Overstocked 200

warriorgoddess99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:20 am
大家好! OK, yeah, I know we're supposed to write in English most of the time, whatever....

I was born in America, but my first words were actually in Chinese. Probably because my sister, who is 7 years older than me, and is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really etc. annoying, moved to America when she was 7.

Uh...I used to go to Chinese school (I went for four years), I play violin (since I was 5), and I'm basically writing this on the format of Vanilla2468. Because I know her. And I just happen to know the "5th grade girl" extremely well.

That's all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:56 am
I go to Chinese school, because I'm doing my GCSE this year. I really wish I'd done it last year, but unfortunately 1) I sucked too much at writing and 2) everyone else in my class didn't want to do it.  

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

mymiridon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:19 pm
Ohz, welcome to the ICU. twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:54 pm
Hi guys! I'm Steph, you can call me 晴子. (Qing Zi)
I'm pure Malaysian Chinese, and since Chinese is my mother Tongue I speak fluent Mandarin and can write/read Chinese as well. I'm currently staying in Singapore (in a hostel) for my studies.

I love to sing, read, eat, watch tv, and sleep. Probably a couch potato haha.
I used to do table tennis and 10m air rifle shooting!

Read my blog and listen to my cover please (link at sig)?

Talk to me I love making friends (:

PrincessReg_29

Blessed Genius

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash