Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tyr525

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:04 pm
I'm with Beta on this one, I CAN NOT WAIT until it comes out. I have my preorder set for RE5 (Need to see if a Collector's edition will be available anytime) and I have all my money down all ready for Street Fighter 4 CE and the Arcade Deluxe Edition Fight Stick (150 dollars just for that beauty. D: )

But seriously, I've been playing the demo alot and the controls grow on you. The strafe threw me off because I was so used to how Resident EVil 4's controls were and just tweaking them slightly made me go "OMGWTF," but I really like them now.

Speaking of RE5, Beta do you have XBL?

EDIT: I have a job now so if you're wondering where the magic money is coming from, that's it. Better yet, it's at my local Gamecrazy, so that means I get a free sample of any of our preorder gift items if we have enough such as the Afro Samurai Ninja Ninja figurine, Silent Hill Soundtracks and posters up the wahzoo. I get a 10 percent discount from new games and accessories and 20 percent off used too, so that's why I can afford these lavished purchases. D:  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:39 pm
Everyone who made that bet way back, you owe me ten bucks. I told you they'd add strafing. Pay up.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:13 pm
Tyr525
Yea, I'm hooked up to live. If you find me in the neighborhood, drop me a line at WhteUmbrella.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:56 am
MM-212 Beta
Tyr525
Yea, I'm hooked up to live. If you find me in the neighborhood, drop me a line at WhteUmbrella.

Will do!

Also, did you guys notice that Sheva is Guile from Street Fighter? By that I mean, her somersault kick is just like his Flash Kick and it makes me all tingly when I see her do it! =D  

Tyr525

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:48 pm
Let's hope Chris can pull off a hadouken! Or getting past those parasite hordes will be a b***h!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:26 pm
Anyone remember when they actually said it'd be a cool idea to put Akuma into the game? Yeah man, let's get Street Fighter in there! Let's ******** up two birds with one stone!

And... somersault kicks. Really...? Jesus, sign her up for the King of Iron Fist Tournament or something.

I mean, it seems all of our leading ladies are being ousted for... Well, to be blatantly honest, Leon-women (oh wait, that's redundant).

Case(s) in point:

RE5: Even if Jill's alive (which I don't care either way since I broke off relations with the series long ago), it's still Sheva you're stuck with throughout the game. Somersault kicks and anime jumps. Awesome. -_-

Degeneration: Of course, while Leon and Angela are out being Neo and Trinity, Claire's babysitting and bitching about cutting her leg on the sidelines.

"OH LEON! SAVE THE WORLD! OH PLEASE LEON!"

Seriously, I would've had a little more respect if it had been at least Angela that got cut so Claire could actually do something productive during her screen time.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:18 pm
Yeah, that sounds pretty lame. Especially since they hype the movie up like it's going to be another Claire/Leon thing...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:05 pm
After getting his Gamecube exclusivity axed and the news of him refusing to play 5, I'm positive Mikami is regretting he didn't make 4 the final game for a while now.

He's learned the hard way how Capcom can screw you over.  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:25 pm
Well, he deserves it. Let him have regrets for the rest of his lives.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:04 am
AngelaAshford
After getting his Gamecube exclusivity axed and the news of him refusing to play 5, I'm positive Mikami is regretting he didn't make 4 the final game for a while now.

He's learned the hard way how Capcom can screw you over.

Yeah. The man did say that he would chop his own head off if they ever put RE4 on PS3. xd

It kind of pissed me off too. I mean, I bought the 'Cube for REmake, and with the peace of mind that RE0 and RE4 were to follow. So basically, the RE exclusivity is what sold me on the system. Then they put RE4 on PS2 with tons of new s**t. They did the same thing to me with Code Veronica! I don't like buying a game that's supposed to be exclusive for a specific console, just so they can port it over on another one less than a year later with new s**t that my version doesn't have! scream And then have to hear Sony fanboys gloating about it. -_- Although, REmake and RE0 did stay exclusive. And REmake was by far the best of three.

Question: I'm sure he did, but just to clarify, did Mikami write RE4's storyline...? Because, if that's the case, I'm kind of grateful he's not going to have anything to do with RE5. And it is a lot of the original team from the original RE working on it, so I think they deserve at least some trust at the helm. I mean, storyline-wise, at least RE5 is trying to bring it back on track. It doesn't look as though this one is going to have any stone statues (seriously, why didn't you guys just make it a sequel to Devil May Cry?) chasing after you.

All that said, though, I'm very sorry he got screwed. He may have FUBAR'd the storyline, but the guy gave us RE. That automatically demands props. And he is a superb game designer. If he were involved with this, perhaps we might have been getting a better RE5 gameplay-wise. And maybe we wouldn't have any of this character swapping business either. I mean, I liked RE0 fine, but I can't say I was a huge fan of the partner system. I know the two games will be nothing alike, but you're stuck with a partner. For me, it seems like something like that should be optional. For two-player only.  

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:17 am
He should've seen it coming when CV was ported.

From what I know, he did write the story. The gameplay was good, but I really wished he would've at least went with the original paranormal idea for 4. I'm sure it would've been a Silent Hill clone, but we probably would've enjoyed it more.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:42 am
AngelaAshford

From what I know, he did write the story. The gameplay was good, but I really wished he would've at least went with the original paranormal idea for 4. I'm sure it would've been a Silent Hill clone, but we probably would've enjoyed it more.

i think that both concepts were decent, and the paranormal one should be kept in the vault for later use cuz that one definitely had that original RE flare to it, though it may have been closer to a fatal frame clone imo.

as long as they don't try to appeal to the L4D crowd using the RE name, i think i'll be okay with the storylines they come up with  

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:53 am
You know, I kind of wished L4D was in the RE universe. It's a really fun game. The zombies are insanely fast and just love to gang up on you.

People are comparing 5 to Gears of War (in good ways and bad). I understand FPSs are fairly new to the Japanese, but there's way too ******** many here in the US. I hate casuals who call themselves gamers because they play FPS (and that's all they play besides GTA), and played Nintendo "back in the day." ******** Halo Gen. scream  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:37 am
AngelaAshford

Oooo, I don't know about that. I think storyline wise, it would have messed things up even worse. Especially with the title "Biohazard". It just wouldn't work at all. It's a completely different concept. Now, as far as a game... it looked way creepier. And it looked like an RE game. I really wish they'd just go ahead and finish RE 1.5 and 3.5, and release them just for the hell of it. As completely non-canon, of course.

And it's no surprise that they compare Gears of War to RE5, seeing that Gears of War borrowed heavily from RE4's gameplay. So basically, GoW ripped RE4 off and added some stuff, and now RE5 is mirroring GoW's style. It's basically the same thing that happened with Alone in the Dark and the original RE games. RE ripped off AitD and added some of their own stuff, then AitD started mirroring a lot of those tweaks that RE had made to it's template.

And I completely agree. FPS's bore the hell out of me. And I hate Halo. Seriously, what is so great about it? I just don't get it.  

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:51 am
I was wondering how they would come up with a reason as to why there are ghosts. Maybe a ZOMG LEON WAS ACTUALLY DEAD!!!!!!11 ending that is totally not ripping off The Sixth Sense.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games