Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:07 am

Haha, I would have loved that, actually. Because then we would have had a pretty cool RE game, that was Survival Horror with ghosts, but since Leon was dead the whole time, we could've completely disregarded it in context to the rest of the series, except for the fact that Leon was dead. ^_^
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:12 am

AngelaAshford
I was wondering how they would come up with a reason as to why there are ghosts. Maybe a ZOMG LEON WAS ACTUALLY DEAD!!!!!!11 ending that is totally not ripping off The Sixth Sense.

what i had heard was that leon was actually infected and the world he was in was him battling the virus in an unconcious state. i get excited when the hero gets infected OvO

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:14 am

His death would've sucked if he was still cool.

When you think about it, the possibility of him being dead makes sense. He was supposed to be infected...

That or he took a very strong herb and wass suffering horrifically trippy illusions. Maybe that's all 4 actually was!

Leon: DUDE I HAD THE COOLEST DREAM I WUZ AN AGENT FOR THE GOVERNMENTS AND I WAS ALL BUFF AND RESCUED THE PREZS DAUGHTER AND SHE WANTED TO SLEEP WITH ME biggrin

Everyone: Cool story bro. stare

EDIT: I never heard about the part about him being unconscious. That sounds cool. *intrigued*
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:18 am

zeldagirl684
what i had heard was that leon was actually infected and the world he was in was him battling the virus in an unconcious state. i get excited when the hero gets infected OvO

Wow, that sounds.... kinda ********' cool, actually.

Thee Stranger

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:22 am

AngelaAshford
His death would've sucked if he was still cool.

When you think about it, the possibility of him being dead makes sense. He was supposed to be infected...

That or he took a very strong herb and wass suffering horrifically trippy illusions. Maybe that's all 4 actually was!

Leon: DUDE I HAD THE COOLEST DREAM I WUZ AN AGENT FOR THE GOVERNMENTS AND I WAS ALL BUFF AND RESCUED THE PREZS DAUGHTER AND SHE WANTED TO SLEEP WITH ME biggrin

Everyone: Cool story bro. stare

EDIT: I never heard about the part about him being unconscious. That sounds cool. *intrigued*

Yeah, I really liked Leon in RE2. I liked his voice better too. I always wondered what it'd be like if the dude who played him in RE2 voiced him again in RE4.

rofl I wish it had been. Unfortunately, RE5 is proof that it did indeed happen.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:23 am

The game ends with Wesker pulling Leon's plug. mrgreen

EDIT: I loved Leon's voice in 2! It suited him very well. I remember his VA having an interview on Resident Evil Fan and he said how he hoped he'd get to play Leon again. crying

If there's ever a Resident Evil convention (BIOCon has a nice ring), I hope there's a lot of RE's voice actors there. I would go batshit if I saw the cast from the original. 4laugh

Could you imagine all the fans demanding Barry Gjerde to say the Jill Sandwich line? rofl

MadamTarantula

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:26 am

AngelaAshford
The game ends with Wesker pulling Leon's plug. mrgreen

aww evil, wesker never had a victory that was so easy rofl
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:36 am

But how would he sneak out of the hospital? rofl

MadamTarantula

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:18 am

AngelaAshford
But how would he sneak out of the hospital? rofl

he goes commando and gets wesker with SURPRISE BUTT---- ninja i think i'll cut myself off there
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:27 am

Oh, how I wish they would have went with the paranormal take of RE with 4. The hooked man edition looked bad a** and extremely scary, and I loved seeing the unintentional or not Evil Dead reference with the mantled deer head going insane and falling off.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:37 am

Stranger to Paradise
Oh, how I wish they would have went with the paranormal take of RE with 4. The hooked man edition looked bad a** and extremely scary, and I loved seeing the unintentional or not Evil Dead reference with the mantled deer head going insane and falling off.
See, the fact that you'd be willing to sacrifice RE's pure sci-fi setting for something paranormal, just for the sake of gameplay... It would scar RE's artificial universe even worse than it is now.
I mean, we're talking about science fiction here, which means that it's based on realism, and anything out of the ordinary that happens in it (i.e. Zombies and monsters) is explained scientifically (i.e. a man-made virus). But if you threw the paranormal in there, it would change Resident Evil's universe worse than RE4 as we know it did. And that's not right. You wouldn't take a franchise like Fallout and put ghosts or werewolves into it.
You wouldn't take a franchise like CSI and put spaceships into it. Because then it goes beyond what that particular artificial universe already established.

I hate to say it, but RE4 as we know it, backstory wise, is the most reasonable of all the other versions of RE4 that didn't make the cut.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:42 am

It wouldn't be so bad if the monsters were just a part of a really bad dream, like we mentioned earlier.

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:47 am

AngelaAshford
It wouldn't be so bad if the monsters were just a part of a really bad dream, like we mentioned earlier.
Well, yeah, but then it's practically a spinoff game.
Then it's like saying, "I wish there was a Resident Evil game where you're at the Umbrella headquarters and you have to fight against all the Umbrella guards. Like an action shooter with duck and cover mechanics, etc. etc."

Yeah, it would work, and not necessarily be outside of the artificial universe. But it's usually a one time thing, it's not like they could keep doing that sequel after sequel.
Same with the other idea, they can't just keep doing sequel after sequel of characters running away from their hallucinations.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:50 am

I was just saying how'd I like to see it. Maybe instead of it being 4, it could be 5, so 4 could be the end everyone wanted. Then maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the series went in a different direction afterwords. I mean, if 4 would be the end, what more could you want from zombies and Umbrella, saying if they wanted to keep the series alive somehow and not make a completely different one to compensate the change.

[EDIT]: To tell the truth, just because they haven't established whether or not paranormal things can happen in the series, doesn't mean they aren't allowed to later on.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:58 am

Actually it does. And I had a hard time explaining it, but then I heard a game developer say this, and he explained it very well.

Sci-Fi means you create a universe, and establish a set of rules (for example, in this universe there's an evil bio-weapons organization that creates viruses which mutate living things into monsters), and once you establish those rules, you work within those rules. That's what makes sci-fi believable.
But then if you say, "There's an ancient monster parasite that's been buried in the earth for hundreds of years," that's already breaking the rules, because up until now, every monster in the series has been man-made, meaning in nature, everything is perfectly normal.
And once you start breaking your own rules, it's no longer sci-fi, it's fantasy. And I've never, EVER viewed Resident Evil as a fantasy franchise. Nor do I want to.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games