Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Serni

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:56 pm
Falathrim
I hate reading plays.

I liked watching it. Because as a play it was, you know, meant to be watched.

That makes sense. I certainly missed the lack of description. We only got to watch one of the old movies until the Thane of Cawdor was about to be exicuted. I'm glad we didn't have to watch that. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:58 pm
I read the play Much Ado About Nothing, then watched the movie adaptation with like, Keanu Reeves and people, and was cuddling the book. Because the book was ... how it was supposed to be. The movie butchered it.

And then I got annoyed because so many people in my class were saying that the book confused them but they loved the movie and it made much more sense.  

Zurgi

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:12 pm
Plays aren't not meant to be read. It's true that with things like Shakespeare (I really hate it when people spell it "Shaksper" or some crap like that. It looks so pretentious. Anyhoo...) it makes it easier to understand and often more enjoyable, but it's better to just to read it if there's no chance of you seeing it any time. I'm thinking of other plays besides Shakespeare, too.

I feel like a dork because I haven't read MacBeth. I may have to read it on my own time, because it just seems shameful that an English major hasn't read MacBeth. I've seen it, but that was years ago and I don't remember a thing.

Much Ado About Nothing is a good one. I really like that play. I also like Othello, but only because Iago's the greatest villian ever. He should be on Survivor.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:16 pm
I havent read/seen many plays. I went to see 'Oliver' and 'A Christrmas Carol' a few years back, 'cause my cousin was acting in them.

I have read 'The Merchant of Venice' with my english class last year.

and so ends my play experience.  

Thaxul

Elainya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:56 pm
Shakespeare? I did Titus Andonicus in my Sophmore drama class in High School. My teacher rocked.

And I've read the usual, Hamlet, R&J, The Tempest...

And on my free time, I've read A Midsummer Night's Dream, Cymbaline, The Taming of the Shrew. I've seen The Taming of the Shrew, A Comedy of Errors, The Merchant of Venice, and the M one I'm not supposed to say because the theater might burn down.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:01 pm
I've read Macbeth at least four times... sweatdrop It's quite strange really. At every school I have been to, we've studied Macbeth.

I've also read A Midsummer night's dream, Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, The Taming of the Shrew, The Tempest, and a few others... Shakespearean plays are great.  

Khorkalba

Imyavie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:11 pm
I think an RP is a good idea, but I'll be busy after Monday when school starts over. crying

Tsk tsk you children...leaving your hw to the last day? I did mine LAST WEEK.

(Well...I kinda sorta have a huge project due next Wednesday that I really should pick up on. Meh... sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:03 pm
...Oh my God, kill me know...

I had a fire gaunlet which I wanted to sell. I could have sworn I put it down as 4,550 but I JUST GOT MAIL FROM THE ADMIN TELLING ME I SOLD IT FOR 4 GOLD!
I am rather confused...and poor.
I only have 11,873g now crying  

Imyavie

zylaxidia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:19 pm
Oh god. The Tempest. We had to read it (again, for me) in English this year, and then watch the...was it BBC?...version. It was absolutely...UGH. Especially Ariel... >.< I mean, the play was a good read, but the movie....Lets just not talk about it...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:27 pm
OMG that really sucks, imyavie.

sad

On an unrrelated note, if I were to start up an RP, would anyone join in? It would NOT be a hugely complex one; and it would probably be based off of the guild and the subforum. A simple, come and make a thirty second post sort of thing.  

Falathrim

curumo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:34 pm
I would probably join, but I can't make any promises. I really would like to, but I may not have the time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:46 pm
I'm so sorry, Imyavie. Did you double-check that you had put it down for 4,000? Maybe you did and Gaia messed up.

As for the RP, would it be based on Numenor? I'd join, whatever we decide.  

Elainya

Falathrim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:54 pm
It would be our own perversion of Numenor and Middle-earth.

So, yes, based on Numenore, but instead of Elros Tar-Minyatur we'd have... I dunno, Tar-Menegil, or whoever ends up being the insane king character. Or sane king character. Whatever.

Just to make it clear, it would not be one of those "let's spend a half an hour RPing" types of RPs. I simply don't have enough time for one of those. Unless, of course, everyone else would want a complex RP. Not even my mighty evilness can withstand the Will of the People!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:59 pm
After tomorrow, I don't have time for anything next to a few hours on Gaia a week. So, yeah, a non-complex RP would be nice.  

Elainya

curumo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:59 pm
But really, I shall probably end up spending time on my posts anyhow, because I don't like posting something that sucks (if I know it sucks).

But it does sound like fun anyway.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games