Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Yackity-Yack Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which dream vacation would you choose?
Bahamas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo, Japan
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paris, France
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sydney, Australia
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hawaii, USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
London, England
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Gweener

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:59 pm
Got to finally watch Hellboy II, and I have to say Abe is still my favorite character, although the tumor was interesting, too. Hope they give more of Krauss's history in the next one.

Also watched The Dark Knight Friday night. I surprised myself by being right about Harvey going to be Two-Face, when I didn't even know Two-Face was in this movie. But what's up with the Joker telling different stories about how his face got that way? Wasn't it Batman responsible for that?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:14 pm
I even got to see Yes Man. It was as expected a pretty light-hearted comedy, but it gives you a little to think about. I know a lot of people get overloaded and stressed out because they say yes to everybody about everything. I've noticed many articles written encouraging people to say no to things that they know are too much for them. And I actually know someone who does automatically say no to everything.

Now, I used to be that person who tried to please everyone and never told anyone no. Eventually I became aware that getting overloaded and run down was taking a negative affect on my health. SO I began to stand up for myself and say no when things were clearly not in my best interest. And, I guess because it was so different from what people expected of me, that several people have turned their back on me.

No matter, the people that truly love me are still beside me, behind me. But it was weird to me, that watching what I thought was going to be another mindless comedy, stirred such emotions within me! And it is yet another tale of how walking the middle of the path, everything in moderation, never going to either extreme, is always the best way to go.

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:24 pm
I was thinking,...
maybe our Guild need a makeover,... a little streamlining?
I wouldn't be too terribly upset if my sub-forum got deleted, as long as Yackity-Yak stays.
Maybe others wouldn't mind getting rid of their sub-forum and maintaining their best threads as Topics. I know some sub-forum owners are not even active in the gang or guild anymore.
Of course some subforums must remain no matter what for obvious reasons. And certain active leaders deserve their own personal sub-forums, so I can understand if those don't want to delete their accomplishments.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:44 pm
O.o 'Tis true, there are loads of sub-forums, and I'm not even sure what are in some of them.. xd  

PieMonster2000
Crew

Hilarious Phantom

Gweener

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:13 pm
Thanks for hostessing our new mad lib, PieMonster!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:41 pm
Sometimes it pays off when you sister's boyfriend and his brother are both comic nerds.

Gweener, as odd as it seems, the Joker is the only villain in the Batman series that was never given an official "canon" background. So in essence, we really have no idea how he got the way he was. There probably will never be an official back-story to him, either. Every time you see his back-story, it is always an unofficial interpretation by that artist or writer.

Harvey Dent is Two-Face, and I don't know the specifics of how he was disfigured, since I didn't ask. I do know that there was at least one completely different story behind it... but I'm not sure what it was.

Usually, each movie departs from the comic book canon... and in fact, some reimaginings/rewrites, animated series, and tv shows of the comic book series often take their own take on the story... So unless you ask an expert, you're probably going to find several different stories about how each character got his start... except usually the heroes. The heroes are often kept largely the same, with some slight updating to get them up to par with current events (I'm looking at you, Spiderman and Iron Man movies... Iron Man which was forgiven because the alteration was understandable, but Spiderman's was stupid)  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:47 pm
I watched Equilibrium recently. It was okay... I was expecting it to be a bit better. I kind of believe it took a little too long for the action to get started... but I watched it when I was kind of tired, so that's probably at least partly to blame. Besides... the action started earlier than the action in The Matrix did... so... eh.
Maybe I'm just too used to instant gratification.

It's a pretty good movie, I guess... If you like dystopian (one could argue it is not dystopian, but anti-utopian... but eh) futures where free will is ruthlessly controlled by a police-state dictatorship and one person single handedly goes about destroying that oppressive government through sometimes exceedingly violent means.

... I just happen to like those kinds of movies.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:51 pm
If we are suggesting streamlining, I'd say we should take a vote on a sub-forum by sub-forum basis... excluding personal sub-forums if we don't have the owners express nomination, of course...

However... there is the question of what to do with the empty sub-forums... I don't know if we could simply discard them, and it seems that it sure would be a waste to do so.

... We could probably hold some kind of meeting about this, if it was deemed necessary. We haven't had one of those in quite a long time.

...When I update in a subforum, I tend to tell people about it in Yackity-Yack...  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:43 pm
Right... so, I talked to the Batman nerd again, and the reason there is no official back story for the Joker is because, in the comics, no records for the Joker exist before he became the Joker. In addition, all the backstory stuff comes from the Joker's memory, and the Joker is so insane that he doesn't even remember the truth about what really happened anymore.

The Batman nerds I know like this telling of the series the most, so far.

As for Harvey Dent, the most accurate telling of his backstory was in the movie Batman Forever. "That was pretty much how it happened." As far as the movie goes, he said "Batman Forever was a kinda OK version. I mean, Tommy Lee Jones played a great two-face. Jim Carrey played a crappy Riddler -- well, Jim Carrey was good, I mean he was funny and made you laugh, but he played a crappy Riddler."

The original "Batman" movie is non-canon in every respect. Pretty much nothing in it is true to the comics. Batman nerds hate Tim Burton.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:17 am
Heyla everyone! Sorry for being gone for so long. sweatdrop I hope everyone had a great Holiday!

I agree that we need to streamline the guild. We should have a meeting to discuss it. Hopefully, it wil be easier to navigate again. smile Maybe we can move the Introductions into the main forum area? Nothing like a bit of house cleaning to bring in the new year right? biggrin

I always wondered about how the Joker came about. I never knew where was no background for him.
A friend of mine is a real comic nut, and doesn't like Joker in the Dark Knight, he said he wasn't funny enough. rolleyes I really like the show and I thought the Joker was a really scary villian.

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:52 pm
... Uh... The Joker isn't really supposed to be funny, I don't think. He's supposed to be disturbingly insane. But who says he wasn't funny, too? "I'm going to make this pencil disappear" and the subsequent "magic trick" was one of the best parts of the movie.

I liked this Joker a lot. He did a fantastic job... it's too bad he can't play the part in any of the future movies...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:57 pm
I would like to vote to keep the "Thread Graveyard," though. Especially if we're going to be killing off entire sub-forums. That way, threads wouldn't just disappear after we destroy their homes.

Besides, a place to put old threads rather than just deleting them is always a good thing to have, if only for archiving purposes. Perhaps someone said something and wanted to go back and look it up later, for example.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:16 pm
That is a good idea Chain biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:39 pm
Happy slightly tardy New Year, everyone... Unless you live in California, Alaska, or Hawaii.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:24 am
I've totally got Don't Stop Believin' By Journey stuck in my head...
At least I've got a really fantastic song stuck in my head this time, right?  
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games