Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Knikels

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:21 am
Hiya all! My name is Nikki and I am a 22 yr old freshmen at ringling college of art and design. I recently got into making things as I took a 3d design class, as a kid though I always wanted to make toys. I am particularly interested in alternative jewelry and stuffed animals and such. I don't have any links to anything yet as I haven't put anything up. I am an illustration major who is possibly looking into fine arts sculpture as a minor.

~ Nice to meet you all! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:13 am
I'm 18, from the USA. Despite the name, I do not work with felt or cloth. I work with metal. I've been making chainmail on and off for a couple years now, but I've been doing it regularly since December, 2007. Beadwork I've done for as long as I can remember. I'm not as into that as I am maille, though. My dad got into chainmail after a Renaissance festival one year and then got bored with it. I picked it up and have gone crazy with it. I love making jewelry and little scraps of things. If by weakness you mean can't do it, it's probably maille armor. It's just too big and time-consuming. If by weakness you mean can't help but do it, however, it's probably Half Persian 3-1. It's easy, looks awesome, and it just a lot of fun.

Right now my work is on deviantART. I hope to get a website up and running this summer.

Other things I do include: writing, reading, and generally being a dork.

Oh, and to avoid confusion with my name and the medium, Sili works if you want to call me something other than "Hey, you!"  

Felt Teeth

ember3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:23 am
Hello, my name is Brooke and I'm from Canada.
I love working with clay and making keychains.
one time i was making a bunch of Nintendo character keychains, and for the life of my could not make a chain-chomp.

I am a very crafty person and enjoy all crafts, just recently I've been dying to learn how to sew.

Oh I forgot im 17 by the way.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:50 am

Well, I am 21 and I live in Canada and I have always loved sculpture and crafts. Ever since I can remember I have been making things out of all the little odds and ends I could get my hands on. I took an art class when I was younger and I really enjoyed making wire frame sculptures. I was sick a lot as a child and had to spend a lot of time in the hospital so I started making sculptures from clay and baking them. As I got older I drifted away from arts until I had a fine arts credit I had to fill for high school. I chose to do two. Art and Music. Sadly most of the art we did was with sketching but it made me realize how much I missed 3D arts. I started getting back into Paper arts ( origami and such ) and hemp and bead necklaces but I have yet to get back into sculpting as I have no money or drive to do so. I came because I needed to see everyone's art so it would help me kick my rear back into gear and start up again!
I enjoy offering help to those who need it as well so please feel free to ask away!

Acrasia

dragonhealer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:30 am
My name is Maddie, I live in Michigan, and I am 15 years old. I have been crafting My entire life, I live in a very arts oriented community. I am most interested in ceramics right now, but I have done pretty much everything. I mean it... I am not so good with anatomy, but I'm trying, I want to start doing chain male, IF some one could talk me threw it, that would be awesome! I'm mists7of7michigan on Deviant.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:32 am
Hi~!
My name is Tasha, I go by Tosh. Umm.. I'm 18 and I live in Washington State. I'm dabbling in clay, pottery, and stuffed animals. Lol, I'm trying to get into ornaments and jewelry as well, even though those aren't really 'sculpting'.
Hmm. I'm a 'doll doctor' Which, as you can guess is a mechanic for dolls, porcelain, plushies, wood, you name it :3

Yep, I've been dabbling with sculpted art for a few years now, although I must say.. Paper Mache is what really moved me from illustration to hands on razz

Yep, I don't really have a site for my little tid-bits of clay, more of photography I suppose.

razz

OH! I love working with glass as well << >>;; xd  

Digital Overdose

Interesting Gekko

Facade of Euphoria

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:50 am
Hello all, how are you all? The names Alex. I hope to add some of my art soon! I cant wait!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:50 am
Akonite AKA Kimberly
I've been into 3D arts for a while but mask making is my love. I'm okay at it but not nearly confident enough to show anything off yet. I live with a chainmail artisan who's teaching me a little of their art also.

I'm good at arts and crafts but prone to over complicating my work or scrapping something because I couldn't get it "perfect".  

Akonite

Deathly Sweetheart

36,890 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Divine Allies 250

Herbal-Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:10 pm
bounyelf
ohhh i do make up too Ashley. i am enrolled in an advanced make up class right now. We learning how to put on beards and mustaches. Switching programs or transferring is a pain. grr...

off topic is there a thread for people who make jewelry that is one of the main things i do.

Sweet!! ^_^ I was never too fond of hair work XP lol Although I do kinda enjoy tieing hair (or if you want to get technical "ventilating hair") Are you doing it on lace or with just the hair and spirit gum?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:21 pm
Felt Teeth
I'm 18, from the USA. Despite the name, I do not work with felt or cloth. I work with metal. I've been making chainmail on and off for a couple years now, but I've been doing it regularly since December, 2007. Beadwork I've done for as long as I can remember. I'm not as into that as I am maille, though. My dad got into chainmail after a Renaissance festival one year and then got bored with it. I picked it up and have gone crazy with it. I love making jewelry and little scraps of things. If by weakness you mean can't do it, it's probably maille armor. It's just too big and time-consuming. If by weakness you mean can't help but do it, however, it's probably Half Persian 3-1. It's easy, looks awesome, and it just a lot of fun.

Right now my work is on deviantART. I hope to get a website up and running this summer.

Other things I do include: writing, reading, and generally being a dork.

Oh, and to avoid confusion with my name and the medium, Sili works if you want to call me something other than "Hey, you!"

Your work is awesome!! I used to be really into chain maile as well. I dated a guy that did it and he taught me but when we broke up I just kinda stopped. I wish I could get into it again, but I don't have the spare cash to buy rings or the equipment to make them sweatdrop Its been so long all I can remember how to do is 4-1 lol  

Herbal-Fairy

ichigocakes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:30 pm
hi all im 17 and im taking a ceramics and sculpting class at my high school. i love to sculpt more than anything and love making cute things that you just want to eat! i recently finished 3 tiles and am now working on a few plates(strawberries). i have so many ideas and so little time lol!! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:00 pm
Tight I didn't think i'd get in xD well okay lets see uuuhhhh

Sex: female
ive actually never been in any ceramics or art class in my life D: jeez this is the biggest network guild ive ever been in im not sure how to handle it hahaha xD its hard to imagine since this is like, the fifth year ive been on gaia and my third account

Micolas

6,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Clambake 200

Imagine Eisley

Witty Flatterer

8,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:24 pm
Hi I'm Rachel, but you all can just call me Moe as everyone else does. I've got one more year of college till I'll be a Design and Advertising major! Which makes me quite happy.

I am 20 and from the US cow town Ohio to be more precise. I've been into crafting and art in general for as long as I can remember. Both of my parents are artists, my mom more so than my father, but growing up I was always encouraged to express myself and use my imagination. My inspiration to begin crafting came from different influences, my mother and father always pushed me to draw, my grandmother to paint, my other grandmother made jewelry as a hobby and was constantly buying me kits for beading and making my own beads when I was young, my art teacher in 2nd grade showed me sculpting beyond Playdoh and I was hooked. My strength though is in sewing, particularly by hand since sewing machines confuse me and I always manage to mess them up. My mom used to sew me these elaborate beaded gowns for my Barbie's when I was little so I finally talked her into teaching me to sew when I was 6. The first thing I sewed was a rather wimpy and pathetically deformed teddy bear for my little sister, whom adored it.

My sculpting skills were left to rot for quite a while due to lack of time and recently I've tried to get back into it but have found I'm not as good as I used to be so I joined here mainly to improve those skills as well as my felt sculpting skills. I have wanted to make little felt friends for ages, but never have learned how or known of a place to go for good critique so I'm hoping this will help me.

I haven't got any pictures at the moment, but the best things I've sewn in recent years were a pillow with beading and a picture of my dog printed on muslin, and a purse made from the butt of an old pair of jeans with a Japanese silk lining and pink beading on the pockets. Both by hand. The last good thing I sculpted was a Mario mushroom necklace.

That's basically all there is to really say about me as far as crafting goes ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:26 pm
Hello there everyone, My name's Kitty, and I live in Marlyand in the USA
In my free time, and in my sculpture class in high school, I make plushes. They aren't the most amazing, but they cute.
My emo kitties are exspecially popular with my friends at school.

I'm hoping to be able to make plushes of anime characters and monsters (like pokemon) someday. :3  

Fusagi Neko

Turtle Sensei

Conservative Fatcat

6,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:40 pm
Hi! I'm Turtle Sensei, a.k.a Dessira (that's pronounced De-Zer-Ay) I'm 22 years old, I love Anthropology and History. I'm in love with writing. I sculpt a little bit, eh post a picture of some of my stuff laters. Mostly though I like working with clay, and making ceramics, but I do enjoy making little sculpty animals and such as well. UHmm I got started in sculpting/ceramics back in high school, by taking a ceramics class. I also make litle crafts such as box turtles (eh boxes w/ turtle legs, head, and tails... really cute!), Dream Catchers (I learned this from my mom, I'm part Cherokee, Apache, and Black Foot...Native American mutt yay!) I'm really good at making faces/masks, and turtles. I don't do so well at other animals. If I can get the people at work to take pictures of what I've made them I'll link you to them as well!

So eh... no links for now cause I can't find the adapter to plug my camera memory card into my computer... if I find it I'll link!  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games