Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Welcome! (PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ente Lotus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:15 am
Hello and thanks for the invitation priestess of neptune.
I am AndrĂ©/Ente Lotus and am currently studying animation&film in the amsterdam SAE/Qantm university. I have quite a few story ideas and feed back will be greatly helpful in producing my anime and short stories.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:52 am
You are welcome. I personally am not integrated into the the field of film-making; if you would like commentary and criticism on the written aspects of your work, I would be pleased to oblige, as would any other member of the guild.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:24 pm
Hello everyone and thank for letting me join this guild. I should let you know that I'm going to be moving to Iowa in March or in April it seems living in the city is just too much since everything went up in washington including sale taxes which is like 9.2 now.

And cops excuse me for my language, being assholes! like this one time when I mother was going to the store to get some grocery and there was no cars in any parking lot and decide to park in the handle cap just for a second and then a cop appears. He was being and a*****e and give my mother a ticket which was like $500.00. (for handle cap parking spot)

So yeah the cop was just waiting there for someone to park in the handle cap spot.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:28 pm
We welcome you heartily; allowing you to join is not something to applaud me for, it is something that is deemed laudable to your own effort.

A warning (number one of two): please do not use profanity - if you are aware enough to recognize and comment upon it yourself, you are capable of correcting your transgression, and of speaking civilly.

Note that the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that facilities for those who are defined as "disabled" are required for places of public access, and as such, hindering or obviating one's right to use these facilities is against the law (you are preventing another from having a constitutional/human right [specifically amendment #1]). "Just a second" is not an extenuating circumstance - justice is blind, and does not apply relativism, ex. one who is starving who steals a loaf of bread is as equally guilty as one who steals a loaf of break for 'kicks', and not through any demonstrated need.

Be aware that in this time of recession, the government, and by association and paycheck, the police force (a government/state service) is also in need of funding, and will find ways to finance themselves. Expect the police to find common locales and circumstances where the law might be broken, and to wait there, in the hopes of raising funds, so that they might better "serve and protect".

Thank you for sharing your projected activity levels, although that is not necessary - the guild at large is laid-back, and will not mind if you are absent for a few weeks while you acclimate to new territory.

I enjoy your petition forum - I would greatly appreciate the introduction of ditto suits, morning jackets, sack jackets, and frock jackets for males, and perhaps Buster Brown suits and Fauntleroy suits (the male avatars seem young enough to 'pull those off'). While I am not a personal fan of the crinoline, I do support the flared coats that were an answer to the crinoline.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:58 pm
Priestess of Neptune
We welcome you heartily; allowing you to join is not something to applaud me for, it is something that is deemed laudable to your own effort.

A warning (number one of two): please do not use profanity - if you are aware enough to recognize and comment upon it yourself, you are capable of correcting your transgression, and of speaking civilly.

Note that the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires that facilities for those who are defined as "disabled" are required for places of public access, and as such, hindering or obviating one's right to use these facilities is against the law (you are preventing another from having a constitutional/human right [specifically amendment #1]). "Just a second" is not an extenuating circumstance - justice is blind, and does not apply relativism, ex. one who is starving who steals a loaf of bread is as equally guilty as one who steals a loaf of break for 'kicks', and not through any demonstrated need.

Be aware that in this time of recession, the government, and by association and paycheck, the police force (a government/state service) is also in need of funding, and will find ways to finance themselves. Expect the police to find common locales and circumstances where the law might be broken, and to wait there, in the hopes of raising funds, so that they might better "serve and protect".

Thank you for sharing your projected activity levels, although that is not necessary - the guild at large is laid-back, and will not mind if you are absent for a few weeks while you acclimate to new territory.

I enjoy your petition forum - I would greatly appreciate the introduction of ditto suits, morning jackets, sack jackets, and frock jackets for males, and perhaps Buster Brown suits and Fauntleroy suits (the male avatars seem young enough to 'pull those off'). While I am not a personal fan of the crinoline, I do support the flared coats that were an answer to the crinoline.

Thank you and I know that officers are just doing there jobs but lately they been jerks but at least it will be better once in Iowa with my relatives down there. Since the sale taxes are 6% or 7% and for someone who parks in the handle cap is $100 (which my mother will never do that again)

And I'm pretty amazed at how of close the schools, library, bar and college by a walking distance since it's country with nothing but corn and soy beans but at least there walmart everywhere, mall, good diners, and other good places to eat in West Burlington, Burlington, and in Wapollo
where my everyone in town, and including my relatives live now since Oakville got flooded.

Ops! did I say to much? if I did I'm sorry.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:11 pm
So this is the guild I joined huh? Well, seems pretty cool. Maybe now I can actually start writing stories a lot more often... So thanks for inviting me.  

Machiavellian_Prince

Poke Duckie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:43 pm
Hi, I'm Poke Duckie. I got the last Harry Potter book to read and I have a poem for my Halloween avatar up in the arenas.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:45 pm
Hey, I'm Amanda, or Mandy. I like reading all kinds of genres, especially fantasy. I read a lot of books, since i can read fast, and i find it quite enjoyable. I am also currently working on a Collection of short stories about a character of mine named Jack, who is making several cameo appearances in my novel I'm working on. I'm hoping to have it finished by the time I graduate in 2 and a half years!  

Vivinica

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:45 pm
Welcome, Poke Duckie. If you either post a link to your arena submission, or re-post it within a sub-forum, it will be more easily accessible.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:46 pm
Don't Mind Me

I was invited. Now I feel special.
Hoorah.
Okay, so what basically goes on here?

I'm Just Pretending to Care

another wrong giraffe

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:47 pm
Pleased to have you join us, Mandy. What is your favorite genre, and what genre(s) are the selections in your collection? I would enjoy reading one or two of them, if feasible, as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:48 pm
@Esteban:
Priestess of Neptune
It is a conglomeration of those who share your interest in writing, but who also enjoy multifarious other things, most notably books, fan-fiction, role-play, peer critiques and editing, music, and movies. Our members also enjoy weekly writing workshops, judged poetry and prose events/contests, and a literate, mature clime in which to participate.

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

another wrong giraffe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:51 pm
Don't Mind Me

Oh, awesome.
My forte consists of poetry, mostly.
It tends to be 'depressing', and I'm trying to knock into the habitual world of horror.

I'm Just Pretending to Care

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:23 pm
Hello,
I am Nina, fourteen years of age.
I love music (any relating to Metal), I love reading and writing fiction, especially of 2012 and beyond. My favorite writer would have to be Suzanne Collins. After reading "The Hunger Games", I was shocked to see a writer use such style of writing. It is sort of old English mixed with modern English. It was interesting overall as well.
I would also like to thank Priestess of Neptune for inviting me. =3  

kittermeow

horneldiablo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:03 pm
Hi! Thanks for inviting me to join your guild.

I'm horneldiablo (but I guess you guys already knew that by my username huh?) and I love writing. I mostly write prose, but I also like role-playing.

I'm not much of a hardcore reader, but when I do find a good book, it is hard for me to put it down.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff