Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Folly of Man
Huxley Energy Corp (RP) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:00 am
Cat nodded. "I'll find you your host, just need some time for that, as for Caleb, I'll leave that up to him, he seems ot know more about whats going on around here, more so than I do."

As if on cue, a shout came from Calebs room, and a split second later Cat was opening the door. "Caleb?!"

"They're gone..." he said, sounding as if he'd been crying. "Micah and Seth are gone." He wiped his eyes and pushed teh covers away from him on the bed. That Kain guys no where that I can see him but there's a group of people looking for him too." she sniffed, saying it as an afterthought.

Cat moved and went to sit next to Caleb, rubbing his back and hugging him. "Calm down sport, every things alright." Cat bit her lip amoment and looked toward Setsumie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:21 am
"They're gone, hm? Well...that's no good now is it? But my young friend...if they're gone, that means the energy that was used to create them has been released back in to the world, allowing things like trees and flowers to flourish! In the end, Micah and Seth will both get what they wanted thanks to their accumulation of power...their energy will begin to restore this world, and slowly, but surely my friend, it will become beautiful. And each time you see a tree waving in the wind, you'll know Micah and Seth are saying 'Hi!' to you. Energy cannot simply vanish...it just takes a new form. So don't be so sad!"

He'd move to Caleb and rub his head, a warm smile upon his lips. In the end, he really felt no emotion towards Micah, Seth, or anyone else...he just cared enough about Caleb to feed him what he no doubt wanted to hear.

"Cat...Yurich's gone, and thus, I'm taking over. As such...both of you are free. To my knowledge, you were both kept here under Yurich's request...I simply offer you free room and meals. I've no reason to cast either of you aside. Consider this building your home as much as it is mine, should you choose to stay."

He'd make his way to the center of the room and look about, then nod his head and cross his legs, meaning he was now sitting in the air. His middle finger would come in to contact with his thumb and forearms would soon fall upon his knees. His wings would explode from his back with a flurry of white and gold feathers, and of course blood. His body would begin to shine as he'd close his eyes, now beginning to do what he'd always suggested Yurich do.

"I'm turning this petty building in to a fortress..."

Said in a deep, resonating tone.

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:40 am
Cat was quiet for awhile, watching Setsumie carefully. had he been fine this whole time? To her knowledge this wasn't an illusion so he probably was fine for real. Another thought clicked in her head as she put the days events into motion i her head. "Someone needs to tell Alex..." she said quietly.

"Cat, something else happened too. The new person, the person that showed up after Micah and Seth disappeared, he went after Kain, but I can't see him anymore either. It's like both of them just vanished." Caleb explained, looking up.

Cat raised a brow, trying to figure that one out. "Vanished, what like into thin air?"

Caleb shook his head. "No, it's kind of like what Riot does, but farther away somewhere."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:30 pm
He was done. He'd been silent for a couple of days, but that solace lead to what would now be a floating fortress that looked to be made of crystal from the outside with large, fluffy clouds constantly circling it, letting just enough light through to his the prismatic fortress and make it look rather golden. It's true makeup went as follows: The first layer would be that of several feet of Permacrete for wall structure. (A true substance, permacrete can withstand a megaton of force and actually bend to it, allowing damage to pass through it at 1/10 it's original power) The second layering would consist of a ceramic steel, simply for reinforcement purposes. Next, an actual layer of foot thick reinforced cement to begin to take the heat off of the blows dealt. The final layer would go unseen, something Setsumei had put in place by solidifying his kinetic energy in to a soundproof material. It would actually be a lie to say it couldn't be seen; this substance is was make the building seem like a crystal fortress. And, of course, there were fields all about the place. First, an Electromagnetic field to prevent the obvious. The next two, in this order, would be a positive heat field to strip away heat and positive energy at their cores. After this, a negative cold shield to obliterate negative and cold energies right off the bat. A thin sheet of Cesium(Mercury) would surround the building as well, making it look even more radiant and glowing. Finally, to end the defenses, the Accelerated Particle Field that Kain loved so much that made the building seem like it sparkled. Setsumei would not retract his wings this time, nor shed his new white robes and halo. Instead, he'd look to Caleb with a smile.

"There are more worlds then you could imagine, child. The different dimensions are in place as nexuses between these worlds...if you can't see him anywhere here, then he'd no doubt where we cannot reach him for now. If this is the case, we've no need to worry. Kain is no ally of ours, but in fact the opposite, and if someone we need to be without. If Seth and Micah are gone...as well as Yurich...it's safe to assume they're returning to what they believe to be their roots."

His now golden gems would look to Cat, and a sigh would escape his lips. He'd move slowly to the couch, his wings drifting like capes in the wind. Once he was hovering over the couch, or rather his hand was, he'd close his eyes. What would seem like fireflies would begin to gather, soon becoming large balls of light...soon becoming a man, bound and gagged, scared out of his mind and crying his eyes out. Raising his finger to his mouth, Setsumei would issue the man a simple "Shhh." and the man would fall asleep. He'd wipe the mans tears away with a smile and remove his binding and gags before looking to Cat.

"A father of two children. A boy and a girl...a wife as pure as Mary. This family, altogether, has never performed a sin that could not be forgiven with great ease. To burden you with destroying such innocence is cruel...so I'll go about this a new way. Cat, please divert his eyes. This is not a scene for mortal eyes."

Without Caleb looking, Setsumei would smile and place his hand on the man's sternum, and with a firm press, break through the chest plate and bone. He'd move his hand to the man's left and carefully take his heart, still beating an connected, then completely devour it in a rather savage manner. This done, he'd move to a new organ, repeating the process. Every organ had been cleaned out in the man's "transfer" hear, so there was no fear of what the kidneys, colon, etc. may contain. Eventually he'd run out of organs, and thus he'd simply tear the man's face off, slurping the eyes out as well as the tongue. His final step was the brain, at which point a deafening crack would fill the room as Setsumei cracked the man's head open. Again and as always, still connected, he'd devour the brain. Once that was done, he'd move to the sink and wash himself off, watching as his left eye swirled from gold to blue, his wings lengthening. He'd cackle at the site, then look to the children.

"I was trying to save you such sites, sounds, smells...but as I said, far too hard on the human soul. Oh, yes, the soul!"

Moving back to the body, he'd simply inhale a few times, eventually inhaling a green light in to his mouth, at which point he'd keep breathing in until the light was gone. He'd let out a sigh one would only hear after stuffing themselves full, then move to the window with a grin.

"Building's fortified...I'm as I damn well should be...and Kain, for all we know, is suffering as he should be! Yes, life is indeed great, grand and wonderful! Best of all, you two are safe. You know...this world's mine now...I ought to use that little privilege and take you two out on the town! Food, shopping, whatever! Anything you too could want!"

He'd turn back to the kids with a genuine smile, then look at Cat...a bit differently for the first time. He'd use his new...er...organs to register the feeling, and upon figuring it out, he could only chuckle.

"Cat...you're young. But, you're still beautiful. I hope SOMEONE'S told you that...if not, this world's far more corrupt then I thought..."

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:08 pm
Caleb's face turned a slight shade of green before Cat had a chance to do much of anything. And instead of staying put he took off for the bathroom and shut the door.

Cat was left slightly surprised on the bed, looking at the door curiously the to Setsumie and his captive. "Sorry for not going out and finding someone sooner." she apologized. So many things happening at once she hadn't even had time to think and organize everything much less convince a stranger to follow her to HEC.

She watched up until Setsumie pushed his hand through the mans chest cavity. Grabbing two pillows from teh bed she covered her ears and promptly shut her eyes. Still, morbid curiosity is one of those things even teh best of us can't help but give into. Once or twice Cat would peek out of squinted eyes to see what was happening, and then immediately close her eyes again.

By the third time she took a glance a what was going on the man's soul was visible up until Setsumei inhaled it. Slowly she dropped the pillows, setting them down next to her, a bit shaky. "On second thought, thanks for not making me go find someone." she said quietly. She felt sorry for teh mans family, not to mention the nameless man himself. Her thoughts stopped as Setsumei mentioned things being right in the world, and she'd look up to match his gaze, only to find her face turning slightly rosy at his compliment. "It's been awhile since I heard it maybe, but thank you." she smiled.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:07 pm
"Well, I'm very, very sorry you haven't been able to hear as often as you, without a doubt, deserve to. Now then! My body's taken to that man's innosence much quicker then I'd figured it would, and given your poor brother was not sparred the first of the sites...I'm sure the bathroom is off limits. SO! I highly suggest that this time you don't peek. Plug yours ears as well...and if possible, put something under your nose. Vicks would be good..."

Again, a genuine yet warm smile would creep upon his lips, a sincere smile he'd never really offered to anyone. Though, his face was...well, not pretty. He'd quickly turn, make his way to the sink, and bend down in to it, unleashing what would seem to be a black flood of...well, it's consistency matched that of anything titled 'goop.' It's go on for quite some time, each time his stomach looking like it would nearly flatten in the process. He'd quickly turn the warm water on, which while good for the pipes, could not have been good for the smell. After about half an hour's time, he'd have the last bit of it out. He'd grab a towel and quickly clean his face, soap and all, using damn near the whole bar to be safe while also cleaning the sink spotless. Once it looked normal, he'd incinerate the towel and replace it with a new one form the closet of which he'd also pull a bottle of Listerine...that he'd drink. Once a fourth of the bottle was downed, he'd place it and the towel on the sink, then look to the bathroom.

"I suppose neither of you really knows much about Angels, do you? Especially how they feed and the such...well, now you do! It's in all honestly a bit more hideous than any demon's rituals, given we have to eat everything...alive. Including the pieces...well, not me anymore! HA! Still, I feel very sorry for poor Caleb...and I'm amazed you could watch any of that; I saw you lookin'!"

He'd smirk and move to nudge her shoulder, then move back to his favorite pot at the window, which now had an extending balcony with cushions. He'd hop on and lean against one of the vertical windows, then extend his hand out to Cat.

"Join me?"

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:48 pm
Something of a moan came from the bathroom, followed by teh click of the lock. For once Caleb wished he didn't see everything important that happened, before it happened.

Cat looked pitifully at the door, poor kid. She looked toward Setsumei once more however as eh gave her fair warning once again. Grabbing the pillows again she pushed them to her ears and held her breath. Once everything was said and done she set them aside once more.

"Angels wasn't something I believed a whole lot in awhile back, I was one of those see it then believe it types." she admitted. "That must suck having to eat that way though." she pointed out. At teh mention of her peeking before she smirked. "Force of habit."

She watched as he moved to the balcony and asked her ot join him. She paused a moment, looking back toward the bathroom where Caleb was.

"I'm fine Cat." he called, already waiting for her to ask.

Cat rolled her eyes and shook her head. Standing she moved toward the balcony. "I was wondering. That light before, you asked me to take you to where it came from. Did you still want me too?" she asked.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:48 pm
Nexus didnt bother with flash of entrance, something in the shadows opened allowing him entrance into what was part of his home. How conflicting to have three emotions commenting on one place. As he walked to his desk in his office he smiled. It comforted him to have an empty room to think in. He heard the others in the main commons and didnt bother with introduction; theyd know he was there soon enough. He sat in the chair thinking hard. He had been kicked from an opponet world and now sat in his focusing energy into his own mind. Seths power was open fully to him now. The lack luster meeting with Kain had solidified that, now he looked to Micahs power; it was interesting Micah's mind was unfocused open to read. He saw his hatred for this place and understood his williingness to destroy this building in one blow; Nexus had him though. He was open and Nexus dug through layers of micahs powers and memories. He had unlocked the third petals power simply by fueling his hatred; funny how emotion's works.

He looked infront of him with a smile as black fire began to fill the air. It dances like dead souls and he smiled so darkly. Kains memory was filled with information to access his newly combined power. Micah screamed with indifference and Nexus denied him a voice. Now everything was different. Endless energy applications, transportation, evasion, and self regeneration. Nexus was his own energy source as well as being able to control quantom (spelled wrong) amounts of solar, negative, postive, netural, dimensional and astral energy; plus marvelous amounts of telekentic and physic power. He marveld at his power and began to wonder who was this fourth petal. What power could he offer that he didnt already posses. Maybe it was a trick, destiny said all the petals would be inplace this day. Now it was almost over and nothing. What was it that seperated him from destruction or completion. So many questions and no answers. Just soft wind and the mumurs of his souls. He looked out the window and through for a moment of Maria. Where had she been? His curiosity was outlasted by his lack of an attention span. He looked around his office with satisfaction. If need be he could wait here until eternity began anew. If anyone thought they could attack him let them try; he'd welcome the test.

ChainedFallacy
Captain

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:35 am
"Cat, I'm going to be...no. This isn't a situation that calls for speed. Just give me one second...we have a visitor, and I'd rather not have confrontation for now. This visitor...he's given away his title; 'Nexus.' Some names give us all away, and I believe this is such a name. He's a composite made from the brothers Seth and Micah, and out own Yurich. It turns out he wasn't so great after all, hm? No search for power should ever lead to such a sad result. I need to address him, though, so give me one moment."

He'd again take a Indian-style (hate that term...) seat in the air and meditate, arms in their usual positions while his wings would spread. This time, he was quick, merely creating an illusion of himself via astral energy. He now knew why Kain did this so often. He'd then sit back down and sigh, then dig through is robes, almost falling off of the balcony seat. His clumsiness made him laugh a great deal, though he'd find what he wanted, a decently sized crystal orb, like a baseball. He'd toss it to Cat, then nod.

"Look in to it. It's kind of like a snow globe. In contains this tower in it's new magnificence. I tired to make a it stand out a bit more...please, tell me if I've gone overboard or anything. Show it to Caleb too; you both need to be comfortable where you are."

----

Meanwhile, the astral form dubbed "Raviel' for no real reason other then to give a clue to who Setsumei was would begin to move. Through walls and doors, it'd eventually come face to face with Nexus. From a distance. True this being existed on the astral plain, but looking at it, it'd seem just like a white and gold version of Setsumei that seemed 'faded,' like a ghost.

"Nexus, right? Ironic yet suiting title given what you are. I can't say I approve of what you are nor the actions taken by the beings that create you...but I do respect you. Not so much for breaking in to what is now my palace, but then again...you know. I'm not here to pick a fight, make threats, or even ask you to leave. Instead, I invite you to stay here and do as you need to do. So long as you promise to leave the kids out of this, then by all means, hide out here. No one else is getting in. But...bare in mind. I've dealt with beings JUST like you...tearing personalities apart is no more than cutting through butter for me. This is not a threat, merely a warning if YOU pose a threat. I know you no doubt want my power as well...but you can't have it. Your body still restricts what you can do like any other shell, hence why you're not on Kain's level, his brother's, mine, or select others. Even if you become complete, you're still going to be tiers from us. For this, I apologize...I'd offer to help you find a better shell, but I couldn't promise safe transfer of three minds, much less four and a sentient mind in to it. If you so wish, I can do some research for you...and if you so wish, I can calm your mind. It's racing with thoughts, and that's just no good. This...fourth petal? I'll explain something to you: Time affects each of us differently. The only reason you're affected by time here is because you've chosen to be. Think of it: How long is a day on Jupiter as opposed to Earth? We're not on Earth anymore. Going by Weyward's time, your day to find this individual is far longer, and if you so wish, I can put you in a statisis field to extend that time...well, to an infinite amount. Again: I only ask my friends not be harmed. Can you agree to any of this, Nexus?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:51 pm
"Setsumei, im on no ones level. Im not here to fight anyone, as a matter of fact i have no qaurrel with any of the people on this planet. I do however have a problem with whoever this fourth is. Im starting to think i dont need him; my own power is absolute enough. Yet, something tells me it is this person that will calm my voices." He looked around the office and then at the Astral projection of Setsumei. "Oh and by the way its Jonas. I think. My voice seems to be the one coming through the clearest; leads me to think either i really am in control or Nexus is just simalr to me." Nexus still spoke in Seth's calmed voice; which was funny because he at the moment wanted Riot's. "Whoever or whatever i am right now isnt important. Im not after anyone especially not Caleb. I do remember a promise to never hurt him or allow it to come to him. As for Cat, shes probably so pissed at me she'd kill me on site." He laughed. This nexus's whoever he was atleast he was happy now. Micah's screaming had stopped when Nexus took a path of neutral peace. Seth just wanted to see alex and Jonas was home.

"The Reanimator." The words crawled through the air sickly, only he could hear them but he knew what they came from. It was a clue from the rose god. The Reanimator... "Tell me something Setsumei do you know who the Ranimator is?"

ChainedFallacy
Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:05 am
Cat moved and caught the Globe with little effort. "I should probably check on Caleb anyway, poor kid can't block out what he see's." She looked at the "snowglobe" for a moment and smirked. It wasn't overboard so much as it was different. HEC had been a building that most people she knew didn't look highly upon, now it basically screamed to anyone that saw 'under new management'. She looked at Setsumei a moment as he meditated and then quietly made her way to teh locked bathroom. She glanced a few times to the office where she could hear talking.

"Go away..." Caleb requested before Cat could knock. He sounded tired.

"Caleb, let me in a sec." Cat called through the door.

There was a pause and then the door unlocked.

Cat sighed and pushed the door open a crack. "You alright?"

Caleb sat against the bathroom wall and nodded. He was a bit pasty and it was easy to tell he had been sick. "Wish I could of turned my power off for that last one..." he muttered.

Cat nodded and moved inside the bathroom. "How about you clean yourself up and then we do something to take your mind off of what you saw, alright?" she asked.

Caleb nodded, then eyed the globe that Cat still had. "Whats that?"

Cat smiled. "Setsumei wanted to know what you thought of the buildings make over." she explained handing it to Caleb.

The boy took the globe and looked it over. "It's different...cool looking though." he said with a smile.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:56 pm
"Jonas or not, I'll still call you by the title most appropriate, which in this case is the title given to the construct, not any particular piece of the construct. As far as any reanimator goes...I'm not sure what to tell you. Several variables can turn someone in to a sort of reanimator without having them truly give life to something once dead, such as a necromancer. I must admit my finger's not been on the pulse of society as of late, so I'm sure there's someone I've managed to skim over. At the moment, before I act any further, I want to get this business back in power and I want the children to not only feel but indeed be safe and sound. One would tend to think Kain, though at this moment he's far from anyone that would care about giving life back...he only wants to destroy. His brothers have no such powers, in that sense at least...nor do I sadly. Of Singe's group, the little spin-off of Kain? We have Singe himself...who posses no power over the light, and though posses the book of the dead, has no interest in giving life, only preserving. Nimoue, or Nimm, is a weapon of Death. Out of the question. Ravyn' is no more then your typical Elf taken archery to an extreme. Then you have the two brothers, already mentioned. There are those Seth, Micah, and Jonas all know form their own memory banks, thus I need not go further. This world's not a large one, though. Weyward's not had time to flourish. Thus, the needle is in a small pile of hay as opposed to the stack, and with my power and your senses...the needle may just give itself away. I promise nothing, though."

---

He'd release himself from his meditative state, allowing himself to control the projection with no more than his power. Again, he'd go to the bar, our some blessed water and drink, though this time he'd grin, able to feel the cool rush slide down his throat. He'd shake his head in ecstasy, then move himself to the couch. The large glass table before it had a small ball in the middle, while the glass surface seemed to reflect a region of the planet. As Setsumei would move the ball, the view would change, as if a satellite were in place.

"Kain's of no threat for the moment...but nonetheless, I need to know where this...petal person...is. I don't need things taking up my time."

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

ChainedFallacy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:10 pm
Nexus laughed, he figured this man would say as much. No jonas anymore, he thought that was unfair seeing as he won the fight. No real emotion though, he was waiting for Maria for some reason.

"Dont concern yourself in this affair, its far to personal. Instead i want you to find someone, theres a little girl in a park. She's tapping to much. Shes clever, i dont know who shes tapping too but shes far to interested in me. Take care of that, ill need you gone while i talk to Caleb. I promise you no harm shall come to him under my hand or that of any other. I just need to speak to him personally and arrange his and Kat's realease. It's time they left, things are about to break lines. There is now no one in charge of the H.E.C, Faction or free world. Kain has his black rose and now well im here. For some reason your whole family is now involved in destroying alliances on this family while building them at the same time. Destroying the beginingof a beautiful planet graced by the four roses..."

He looked to him, this is why he was here; after his completion he could finish what the true givers of this planet had started. The H.E.C's curse of power had stopped them all from seeing what they could do on their own. This planet was supposed to be magic; graced with the garden of eden. No one sees it; the life on this planet wasn't here until the garden came. It's why the rest of the planet is still un inhabited, the humans who refused change had stopped them from turning the whole population. It was un fourtunate, because no matter what every day people changed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:14 pm
"You'll not be giving me orders. In case you're truly as ignorant as you've made yourself out to be, this building, the H.E.C., has changed. I'VE taken control. It was something I had intended from the start given no human should ever be given so much power...and the only thing beneath a human...is a construct of humans. I agreed to help you, should I see fit, but you've crossed a line. Caleb and Cat are fully aware they don't have to stay here, but they've chosen to, and thus I've made accommodations for them. Should either choose to ever leave of their own free will, I will not stop them, but I'll not have their innocence persuaded either. I don't give a damn what this world is or should be, at least not at the moment. I care about securing the peace and prosperity for those whom are here. You threaten that. You think this place is still Jonas'? Not a single wall is as he left it! This...is Sanctuary. Choose your next words wisely...as you were in Kain's domain you are now in mine."

---

Setsumei would growl and stand from his seat, waving his hand over the globe forcing it to spin rapidly, the view within it becoming a blur. He'd shake his head having become rather irritated with yet another arrogant soul like Kain to deal with. Sadly, he'd need to invade the privacy of Cat and Caleb, quickly moving to look them both in the eye.

"A creature is here; Nexus. He's a construct; a human chimera formed from Jonas, Micah and Seth. He's looking for a fourth missing piece he's deemed 'the Reanimator,' but I can't say that I care. Bare in mind: This man is NOT Jonas, only a creature with his traits and memories. He wishes you to leave...and to speak to Caleb privately. I'd like to know what you two would like to do in this current situation..."

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:53 pm
Cat raised a brow at the explanation. "Your right, Jonas ain't in there, neither are the right minds of Micah or Seth if they think I"m leaving my little brother alone with some three in one person I haven't had teh chance to feel out yet." She moved and handed Caleb his clothes that she brought in with her, as Caleb was currently getting dressed in the shower.

"Whats he want with Omi?" Caleb asked curiously. "I heard him mention a girl in a park. A friend of mine used to live near a park filled with roses." he explained.

Folly of Man

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff