Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
SAILOR MOON COMING BACK IN 2009 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Basilia Ann E

3,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:25 am
Oh - I almost forgot, Card Captors. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:05 am
When Sailor Moon first can to America they cut out a little of the good stuff! They made Uranus and Neptune into cousins, they took out the nudity, and we did get to see Galaxia! America was so closed minded back then, but now America is more open minded!  

Lilith Marie Raventhorne

Half Hero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:20 am
If there are new episodes I would have to be SOO excited!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:41 pm
Hello! New here! ^_^ I just wanted to agree with most here, that the rumors are not true. They were actually started by a couple of 14 year old girls on youtube, which of course, ran it's course of the internet within minutes. razz Unfortunately, Naoko-Sama said she's finished with the Sailor Moon project. PGSM was to be her last Hoorah.

When asked if PGSM would be picked up by any US company to be aired, they scoffed at it, and thought that PGSM was nothing more than a mere joke. The companies to which the series was introduced to thought they would be taking too hard of a financial hit if they picked up the show. In their words, they thought PGSM was nothing more than a "30 minute commercial".

There is truth however in the Sailor Stars season being released here in the states, direct to DVD. There was actually a petition and poll organized by a major DVD company (Geneon I believe, perhaps Pioneer?), asking if people would LIKE them to get the rights if at all possible. I know I went to their website to sign it myself.

Unfortunately, due to the US butchering Naoko's work, she was pretty insistent about not giving the rights to the US any more for Sailor Moon's airing and re-release to DVD. This isn't to say it's not POSSIBLE mind you. If we've learned anything, if there's a will, there is most definitely... a way. Naoko's got a great heart for her fans, and with so many signing, it wouldn't shock me if she changed her mind and allowed the release of the Stars season.

There were a few rumors a while back stating that there were many attempts to obtain the rights to get the DIGITALLY REMASTERED DVD's here in the states, subtitled, and possibly DUBBED. However, it's simply a rumor at this point, since no company could confirm this project.  

KittiePink

3,075 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Home

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items