Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheel of Time Guild: Discussion and RP

Back to Guilds

Tags: Wheel of Time, roleplay, fantasy, books, discussion 

Reply -RP- Borderlands
Saldaea Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:10 am
"Yes, let's see. Okay so we have the route of the procession here and I believe the best plan would be for you and Kiae to be stationed above ground level, perhaps a second floor window or balcony. Then I will be on the ground and if any of your brothers would like to assist, they would be there too. What do you think?" Ethin said, gesturing at points on the map while he was talking. He hoped Esole's brothers would help because, he knew he was strong, but a lone man against a male channeler would not be good odds for Ethin.

"Use my brothers?! How could you even suggest such a thing? No! I will not allow it!" Esole shouted, growing very heated very quickly. To think that Ethin would try and use her own family in their dangerous plans was beyond her.
"Esole, let us speak for ourselves. I will assist in any way that I can. I have my own sword and I know how to use it well, thanks to the Tower," Easar chimed in.
"I will assist as well," Chel announced.
"I will stay with Papa at the inn. I did not go to the Tower for training but I do know my way around a sword. But I will not let Papa alone to handle the inn," Derin said.
"Easar, Chel! No!" Esole shouted. "It will be very dangerous! I do not want you there to get hurt. If you got hurt, I could not live with myself."
"Esole, please calm yourself. Easar and I can handle our own. We received the same training that Ethin did to come to where he is today. We will be fine," Chel said. He was not one for words which made what he said that much more comforting for Esole.
"Promise me you will keep your safety priority," Esole begged, nearly in tears.
"We will be safe, I promise," said Easar. Esole walked over to Chel and began crying into his chest.

"Thank you. If at any moment you would like to leave, you may do so. No one will hold it against you," Ethin said, trying to ignore Esole's sobs. They hurt him inside and he didn't understand why. He had Kiae now, why did Esole's pain and fears affect him still?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:15 pm
Kiae sensed Ethin's emotions through the faint link she had left open in the Bond and sighed, closing it off entirely. She kept out of the discussion and glanced out the window, seeing they had a few more hours until the procession would begin.
"I may as well go inspect the route and ensure there are no traps already in place," she thought, although she had the feeling that setting traps was beneath Erasmus or any of the Hand. "If brute strength cannot accomplish it, why resort to trickery?" she added to herself in amusement, rising quietly from the table and making her way to the door, slipping out while the others were occupied in family affairs.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 pm
Esole composed herself and dabbed the tears away with her handkerchief. "If this is what you feel you must do, then so shall it be," she said, fighting down the tears that threatened to come again.
Esole looked around and found that Kiae was gone. "Where has Kiae gone too?" she asked.

"I saw her walk out but I don't know where she went. I will go look for her now," Ethin said, happy to know that Esole was being strong about the situation but confused because of Kiae's disappearance. He followed the Bond to her.
"Why did you leave?" he huffed, running after her.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:30 pm
"I decided it would be more productive to inspect the procession route for any wards or traps," she told him calmly, not breaking stride as she continued to move down the street. "I felt it was better to leave the family affair to others more suited," she added shortly.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:02 am
Ethin looked at her completely perplexed. "What is the matter, Kiae? You have not been yourself around me?" he asked, not understanding why she was being so distant and cold.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:52 pm
Kiae bit her tongue and continued to search for wards, keeping a brisk pace as she kept to the sides of the streets. "Are Esole's brothers going to help you tonight?" she asked, ignoring the question completely.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:38 pm
Ethin grabbed her by her shoulders and stopped her. "Talk to me," he demanded, firmly but gently. He did not like her Aes Sedai game of avoiding his questions as if it was meaningless and he would not let it slide.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:41 pm
She stared up at him angrily before taking a moment to calm her temper to speak evenly. "I am given no leeway to make mistakes. Either I speak and I'm wrong, or I remain quiet and I'm selfish and arrogant. No matter what I say or do to you or Esole, I am always in the wrong and I'm sick and tired of it," she informed him, her words beginning calmly and snapping at the end. "I'm still a human being! It seemed no matter how badly Esole behaved, she was perfect in your eyes. And I hate feeling inferior when it comes to my Warder. And now, with...everything happening...just leave me alone," Kiae ordered, turning her back on him. "I shouldn't talk when I feel like this."
"And I'm sure now I'm being selfish or something close to it," she thought bitterly.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:26 am
Ethin watched after her in shock as she walked away. He didn't know what to say or think. She had a point. He was treating her unfairly. But he didn't want to approach her while she was that angry so he trailed after her from a distance making sure she was safe. He wished he could somehow fix everything, but he knew things didn't work that way.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:32 am
Kiae knew Ethin was behind her and ignored him stoically, instead focusing her anger into concentration as she continued to search for any form or wards or traps. Nothing was appearing, as she had thought, but was relieved she had checked anyway.
By the time she reached the end of the route, she was too tired to keep being so angry and took a deep breath. "Light-blasted men. I'm not saying anything, I don't have anything to say anyway," she vowed. She had half-expected him to go back to Esole, if nothing else to leave her alone, and was too stubborn to open the Bond again to guess what he was thinking.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:37 am
Ethin finally gathered the courage to approach Kiae. "We must speak," he announced from behind. He fell in step with Kiae and then spoke again. "I am sorry. You are right. Completely. About everything. I have been treating you unfairly and for that, I'm sorry," he said, hoping the sincerity that he felt was coming out in his words.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:39 am
She stopped walking and glanced at the him out of the corner of her vision, not willing to turn to look at him yet. She was unused to people apologizing and had no idea whether he was just saying it to appease her. "Thank you," she said stiffly, unsure how else she could respond.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:42 am
"I mean it, Kiae. I really do. Things will be better from now on. I promise," Ethin said, taking her hands in his. He forced her gaze to meet his hoping that she could see the apology in his eyes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 am
Kiae nodded. "I guess we'll see, then," she said finally, knowing she sounded mean and not able to think of anything better. "I didn't expect to find anything, but thought it'd be best to check just to be sure," she continued briskly, feeling awkward.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:28 pm
Ethin hung his head and continued beside her. "Sounds good," he said in a monotone. Not liking his own pity party, Ethin embraced the Void and hid himself from his shameful feelings. He stood taller and raised his chin as he felt emotion leave him.  
-RP- Borderlands

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games