Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:08 am
I had a feeling there was going to be a fallout. I mean, what kind of merger is THAT??  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:33 am
man on fire was an excellent movie.  

Collarchain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:43 pm
I haven't seen that. I just saw Zombieland today with my dad. Hilarious. Gross, but hilarious.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:49 pm
yeah i wanna see zombieland. the man on fire im talking about is the most recent remake.  

Collarchain

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:07 pm
That was a great movie, and so was Zombieland. The two that I want to that my theater just got in are "Where the Wild Things Are" (since I'm a kid at heart) and "Law Abiding Citizen".  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:25 pm
I don't feel like watching "Where the Wild Things Are". I figure, it's based off a book I loved as a kid, so it's going to suck. Ugh.

And as for "Law Abiding Citizen", it looks interesting, but for some reason I watch the commercials and I think "Hannibal Lector". Is it just me??  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:25 am
The Nameless Damphir
man on fire was an excellent movie.

Man on Fire was the epitome of an amazing movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:40 am
I've talked to a lot of people coming out of "Where the Wild Things are" at the theater. They all went in like you, expecting the worst of the film and coming out loving it. They say it does the series justice and that Spike Jones did an excellent job with it. And from the bits I did manage to see, it truly has a magical feel to it (for me at lest).

As for the Hannibal Lector thing, never thought about till you said that, but now that you mention it, maybe. But Gerard Butler is an great actor. I watched him in "The Ugly Truth" the other day and was amazed on how far a range of an actor he truly is. To be able to pull of "300" and then do a kids movie in "Nims Island", then "The Ugly Truth". The three are totally separate genres yet he was able to cross the lines into all three. Most actors/actress can't accomplish that, even though they try.

And here's a bit of Marvel news that hit the wire yesterday while I was at work. If you might have been disappointed/excited/could care less about the current casting of Thor (Part 4 in the Avengers Movie Lineup), maybe this will catch your attention in one way or another. Reportedly (not yet confirmed), Jude Law & Robert De Niro have joined the cast of Thor. Their roles in the movie are not yet certain. They (reportedly) will join with Chris Hemsworth as the title character, Tom Hiddleston as his nemesis, Natalie Portman, Jaimie Alexander, Colm Feore and possibly Brian Blessed as Odin.  

Zombie Mark

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:30 am
I don't know much about Thor, but I'd definitely go see it when it comes out, just 'cause it's Marvel. lol Sounds like there's going to be a lot of interesting people in it, too.

Oh, I like Gerard Butler and I'll probably see 'Law Abiding Citizen'. I just think of Hannibal Lector. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:57 pm
Well, still haven't managed to watch "Where the Wild Things Are" or "Law Abiding Citizen" yet, but I built Astro Boy last night and previewed it this afternoon. Great movie. Never saw the original series, but the new movie has a great storyline, a little dark on the open, but great show.

Also, it now seems that another movie news site is reporting that Jude Law & Robert De Niro will not be in Thor. Until the movie comes out, we won't know for sure unless Marvel, Jude Law, or Robert De Niro come out and say something. Also, in a interesting note, Hollywood studios such as Fox, WB, and Universal are cracking down on their top stars, directors, and producers on using Twitter, Facebook, and Myspace while working on movies. It seems they've been letting too many studio secrets out on these sites. One case was Tim Pocock (Cyclops on X-Men Origins: Wolverine) using twitter to announced that after he finished a Australian TV show in Feb 2010, "Then on too X-Men: First Class". He later retracted the statement saying that his account was hacked. It only took three days and 30 tweets before he "realized" that it was hacked.  

Zombie Mark

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:08 pm
I watched too good movies yesterday. "Paranormal Activity" and "Battle for Terra". I liked Terra, but loved Paranormal Activity. Since this might have some spoilers, white text is used.

Most people I've talked too that have watched it said it sucked, but that's because Paramount built the wrong hype for it. They made it out to be the scariest movie of all time, so people wanted to compare it to movies like "Saw", "Halloween", and other slasher films like that. But it's not the bloody, gory movie that everyone thinks going into this movie. It's more like an old Hitchcock film, in saying that it's 90% mental. The scariest part is that you never get to see what it is haunting them. You see shadows and a small breeze, but that's all you see. So when you watch this movie, expect "Blair Witch" meets Hitchcock.

There, just thought I'd share. Don't believe the hype, don't believe the negative, just watch the movie and judge for yourself. I'm not a horror fan and I loved it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:50 pm
I saw it and didn't like it. But after reading what you said, I think my opinion might be affected by the audience. When I went, everyone kept laughing. I think if I watched it by myself or by a more mature audience, I may have felt the full effect of the movie. But I don't know that for sure. So I'm going to just stick to my belief that it didn't live up to what I expected.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:24 pm
I was told by a few people that Paranormal Activity sucked. I've never heard of it until now, not even in previews, and I'm not much for horror movies, so I'm not inclined to argue.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:30 pm
Well, I will amit this, the version I saw and the theater release are two different endings. In all, there are five endings, (four of which I have found online.) The one I saw online was great and a real throwback to Alfred Hitchcock, the one in theaters was remake #5 and was made to be scarier, but to me, just ruins the ending of the film. Also, they did hype it as a horror, but it's not. It's a thriller within the horror genera. Go to Stagevu.com and look the movie up to see the original movie. I thought that was the better one.  

Zombie Mark

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:32 pm
Why bother making so many endings? I mean, did they think they all sucked, so let's make some more and hope someone likes it? I dunno, I'm not real impressed by that.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff