Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spaztastic BunBun

8,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:22 am
Hello everyone.
My name is arie, I'm 18 years old...
I have been reading tarot cards for the past 2 years...
No idea what to say so if you want to know more about me you can go to my profile or pm me  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:41 pm
Hi, I'm David, but Piper is my name for myself. As piping is my favorite hobby, and I'm 16. I used to be realy into spells, more of the invocations and influence type. After a while, I discovered a "negative" within myself. 2 years ago, I was identified as a Psi-Vamp with aid from a book... and eventualy I saw the tendrils.. I learned to read auras, and I do tarot. Right now, my line of work is energy work...

yeah, nice to meet you. ^^

oh, and I live in south eastern New Mexico!  

iy8970970607

Larial Istari

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:42 pm
Hello, You can call me some combination of the two words in my username, I live in the upper-Midwest, in one of the most haunted areas in the United States, and I am very young. Double-digits and all, but I'm still definitely a kid, and I have a lot to learn. I've been seriously into the occult for only two years at this point, spent alternatively researching avidly, and being stupid with energy. I'm learning Reiki (level 1 as of this post, but I'm due for an attunement next week.), I've done a lot of research into hoodoo, chaos magic, tarot and I have a working knowledge in a lot of other topics. As for religion, I've been hopping around for the majority of those two years, (Asatru, Wicca, various flavors of Paganism, Deity mix-n-match, Christianity, Discordianism, Cthulhu mythos smile ...) but I've come to a stop recently, with no answers. (It's fine with me.) I'm taking a break from active working and stuff at the moment due to a mental breakdown in miniature (had nothing to do with Lovecraft, I swear wink ). I enjoy thunderstorms, being nice to the cashier, and curling up in bed with chocolate in any form and a good 18th century horror story.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:00 pm
I like your sig above me. Very Lovecraftian XD

Anyway: I am Angus (Not my first name but it is not a "craft name" either) and I have been in the occultic stuff since I was 11 I think. Just little stuff not like...Goetic demons XD oh good times. Anyway, I follow the path that is Crooked which is a form of Witchcraft that is really hard to find, but the books you find are chock full of info so thank god.

I am working on harnessing my energy play skills and trance work right now. So far the trance work has been going very well, last night I really got into it, but I pulled out before I went to a place where I wasn't too comfortable.

Uh...I play the violin and I love to listen to Podcasts and write poetry.

A podcast that I think everyone here should listen to is Shadowdance it is a podcast about alternative spirituality and fringe culture. It is hosted by Michelle Belanger and Chris Miller, wonderful people really.

That's all really, feel free to PM me with random quips from your mind.

FFF,
Angus  

Cunning Witch Angus

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:05 pm
hi, i'm Erin. i know a little about a lot of magical systems (usually enough to point people where they need to go), a lot about a few magical systems, and i like pudding smile

i'm eclectic pagan. i just recently found the deities that claim me (yay celtic) and i'm working through a truly ginormous book about spirits from around the world. my personal occult library (both paper and pdf) has greater variety than that of my local library, which isn't that hard to accomplish come to think of it. i have read every scrap of knowledge i could get my hands on and i could always use more smile

i'm studying herbalism, both magical and mundane, and i can make stuff out of a common spice rack that does wonders. i'm good at creating a ritual out of just about nothing. my natural shielding is damn hard to get through and i like it that way- one of my friends is a highly empathic psychic vampire who likes to get me running high on monsters then suck off the extra energy (she has admitted to it. the only bad part is when i crash in two hours XD). because of that shielding, its hard for me to sense energy and spirits. despite that, i work around my non-sensitivity and i've achieved some really good results.

i also read tarot. i've deliberately not learned the particular meanings by heart because i don't want to influence the spread with what i want the answer to be. i have a tendency to see the holy in the secular, which is part of the reason i can walk into a thrift store and get an entire set of working tools for under $20.

the other reason, of course, is that thrift stores kick a**.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:39 am
You can all call me Chey (it's pronounced like shy). I am currently 19. My bday is August 7.
I moved to this mounatin town of North Carolina from Los Angeles about a year ago.
I love to create as well as listen to music. I also enjoy reading, hiking, fishing, camping, playing video games, partying, and gaining wisom.  

CemeteryPirate

Adalyna

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:32 pm
I'm Sara! I didn't introduce myself yet? Some of you might remember me from the Pagan Fluffy Rehab guild.

At any rate I've focused my seeking to studying magic in general, rather than looking for a particular tradition or set of beliefs. I wonder if that will always be what I do with myself. Thanks for having me aboard!  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:38 am
Lordy lordy, I got accepted in this guild about a year ago and never did an introduction.

That's college for ya.

Anyway, m'name's Terg.

I'm a practicing philosochologist, a field of study and practice I invented in highschool which combines psychology and philosophy.

I've been active in the philosochological field for about a year now, so if anyone should need my services I can oblige.

I'm experienced in the occult, and learned in the alternative fields.

yay me.  

Terg

Aranka Taine

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:31 am
Hello all. Call me Aranka. I'm a 22-year-old psych major just on the verge of graduating (yeah Bachelor's degree!). I also dabble in all sorts of things, from writing to sewing/crafting to gardening to watching anime, playing video games and DnDing.

I've always been fascinated by the occult and am particularly interested in studying mythos and magick. I'm fairly knowledgeable about Greek and Roman mythology, but hope to expand that knowledge to other cultures with the help of this guild and some tasty books I picked up recently. That said, book recommendations would be awesome. They can be on anything occult, from magick to religion. I'm looking to expand my knowledge base in every direction possible, so lay it on me.

Well, I think I've babbled on enough, so! Feel free to chat at me all you want. I'm friendly and extremely open-minded, and I hope to receive a good education in this guild.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:25 pm
Hi, this is Ben... smile I'm a twenty-three year old who recently graduated from university with majors in theatre arts and classical languages. I started out in a small town, called myself Roman Catholic and enjoyed reading the Bible, fantasy, and some sci-fi for entertainment. I was always into the occult, even if I never looked into it until recently.

When I got to middle school, I had a crisis of faith for various reasons, called myself an atheist, and then, in high school, I found the internet! It helped educate me on a lot of subjects that I wouldn't normally have had access to in a small town like that. I became inspired to learn more about where I had come from.

So, I took Latin and Greek and Hebrew when I got to college. I also took some theology- my courses under Rabbi Holstein, including one called The Quest for Human Destiny, were the best classes that I ever took, in my opinion. I kept all the notes. I knew it was something amazing at the time, but only now am I coming to a deeper understanding of them. I took theatre as well, of course, because I always knew I wanted to act- so that I could be "everyone". And I certainly think it helped.

I call myself Roman Catholic again, even if I don't necessarily fall in line with all of their catechism/official doctrine and all. I'm a Jesus fan. Heck, I'm a Dionysos fan too, which should be no surprise considering my background, I suppose. I live in Los Angeles, now, and am trying to find the right path for myself. I live with two very intelligent young men, one of whom used to be very conservative Roman Catholic- but now they're both sort of new-agey all-is-one universal-God type people who do not claim a religion. We have lots of conversations about spirituality, cosmology, and we even have metathought Socratic conversations (or arguments sweatdrop )

Though I was once wary of new agey stuff, and still am, since I know how much fluff is out there, and how much is misleading... one day out of the blue when I first came to L.A., I found myself wandering to that section in a bookstore. I found a book on astral projection. Since then, I have picked up every book on astral projection I could find. I've been preparing myself to try and practice it, and this Pentecost Sunday marks the end of the first week of my fast (which Derek, my boyfriend and one of the men who lives with me, is also doing). We plan to do one more week of cleansing, and then, we hope we can begin astral travel.

But besides astral travel, there's a lot else I'm interested in. I hope to get tips on that and also have interesting conversations about whatever else while I'm here. Looks like there's a nice base here, so I look forward to it smile  

BenjaminDaniel

M0LLEE am I

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:00 pm
Ello. My name is Mollee with two e's. I'm 14 but about to be 15 on the 13. Er... not quite sure what to say. I'm from Nebraska, but wishing I were in the UK. Uh... just ask if you have any questions about me. I'm better at explaining myself then.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:06 pm
Hello, my name is Chemosh. I have the psychic ability to see brief glimpses of the future, many of my friends fail to believe me, but I honestly am telling the truth. I have found nothing creepier in life than reliving something that you've already done. I am a Neo-Shintoist and thus believe in the Kami. I wish to make no enemies here and hope my opinion will be valued. I also would like to mention that all of my lines/posts end in ellipses, I just chose to do so, I don't know why...  

Captain Chemosh

Romantic Prophet

8,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Bunny Hermione

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:18 pm
Hi, I'm Bunny or Mione, whatever is convenient for you. I'm a college student. I love to study the occult in all its forms and I have been for quite a few years now. I've spent quite a bit of money on books to research the topic.

Other than that - I just like learning, so I'm here to learn and discuss. Other than that - just ask me questions since I've always been better at ansswering questions than talking free style.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:30 am
Hi everyone, i didn't take the time to do this yesterday. My name is regina_in_exile, some people know me as Oobersezzy, which was my previous gaia account, and everyone here can call me Ashley/Ashes if they want to. I know the rest of the world takes it upon themselves to try to shorten my name in as many ways as possible.

Since i have been absent for a few...six...months, i did start this new account, so i don't really have alot of contacts on here anymore. Stop by my profile, leave a comment or a question, you could even add me as a friend. Well, that's it for now. Take Care.  

regina_in_exile

The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games