Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think it'll be worth it?
  Yes!!!!
  Pffft. Enough with this foolishness.
  Haven't made up my mind yet.
View Results

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:51 pm
Canas Renvall
Well, it has come out in a trailer, but it's mostly for people who are on a total media blackout or who want to have some surprises in the game. razz

ah alrighty then. ill keep that in mind. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:56 am
OF COURSE! i will buy it as quickly as i can all ol favorites are in :Jack Krauser: :H.U.N.K: :Steve: and :Leon Scott Kennedy: cant wait burning_eyes  

Student Guy 13

I Rebecca Chambers l

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:30 pm
I pre-ordered it from Gamestop, so it better be worth $50.
I sense that it will, but that's just me. :3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:14 pm
I'm terrible excited for this game! (Oh heck, I just recently pre-ordered xD). The part I'm mostly excited about is the South American part. I've always been curious about Krauser. Then again, the RE2 section also has a strong hold on my interest.  

howler90

Aaron the bear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:23 am
if it gives back story like the last one it should be good  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:24 am
damn it would this game come out already? hahhaa xD my friend owns a Wii and she has it pre-ordered and the minute she gets it, I can play it with her.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kishiru324

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:33 am
I really haven't been thinking about it, but now I'm getting hype from all you people. xD So now, I want to get it! xP  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:00 pm
im picking it up today because my gamestop didnt have it in yesterday sad  

Shy_Music_Angel

YinYangSpider

Athlete

4,325 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Athlete 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:10 pm
Shy_Music_Angel
im picking it up today because my gamestop didnt have it in yesterday sad
I know the feeling. I was all depressed yesterday because they didn't have it  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:52 pm
Picked it up today, the gameplay is actually pretty frantic and fun. The shaky camera really gives it more depth, like you're actually the character you're playing as in each scenario. Unlike UC, the story flows more naturally than "Umbrella's End, Scene 1". It starts off with the new scenario, and after one part Krauser's like "Leon, what the hell are these things? You have to tell me everything you know..." and then Leon goes into the RE2 scenario.

Which is canon-wise obviously to be taken with a grain of salt, but at least they don't pull a UC-RE3 scenario. With the story they give, they tell it very smoothly. Again, the gameplay... the shock factor is still there. Old scares get new life in this game. And despite how awesome the shaky cam is, it takes a little getting used to. Once you do, though, it's fun.

I just got to the labs beneath Raccoon City before I stopped, gonna go through some more tomorrow (since my parents just took the big TV D: )...

Btw, the boss battles are hard... but a lot of fun. The only problem, again, is where you fight them (like fighting G-Imago in Brian Irons' torture chamber, or fighting Birkin's first mutation where you fight G-Imago in RE2 razz ). The sewers have been completely changed around to accommodate the new style of gameplay, but other than that, no extreme changes. Nothing's really switched around in the story, just shortened (not like UC, though, they at least have more depth than that). Even saying that, still don't really regard the story.

So far, so good! In fact, one of my favorite rail shooter experiences so far.

And the T-shirt is awesome. xd

And the redone soundtrack is nice too!

Edit: Like I thought, Leon shows emotion in this. Lots, in fact. Too bad the RE2 scenario isn't canon... Either way, Paul Mercier gets props for making Leon human again. biggrin  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Draconian Chaos

Hallowed Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:38 pm
How isn't the RE2 scenario canon?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:27 am
Yeah, I hear that the RE2 scenerio is very faithful for the most part, with only a few minor tweaks and changes to accomodate the gameplay. However, I hear that the Code Veronica section got the UC treatment. Meaning, a lot of it got cut, switched around, and changed. And apparently Wesker and Chris make only very brief appearences as the storyline focuses more on Claire, Steve and Alfred.

And none of the scenerios are canon because they are only brief overviews of the past events in the series, with a lot of things missing, changed and switched up. So with the exception of the new scenerios that are specific to their respective titles, s**t didn't go down exactly how it is depicted in UC and DSC. But the main core of it I would say is canon.  

Thee Stranger

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:02 pm
Well, the RE2 scenario was more "trimmed" than screwed up. Just finished it today, and... it was only up until the very end where things got just skewered. You fight Birkin forms 2-4 in the main area of the lab (where Ada "dies" in RE2) after you fight Mr. X in a blast furnace (this is where Ada "dies" saving you in this scenario). The elevator next to the save room where Ada/Sherry lie when you first enter the lab (not the train elevator, but the one down the long hall) takes them right to the train, where you fight Mr. X again like normal. Then you fight Birkin form 5 like normal, too. So, yeah, that last part had me wtf a little, but other than that and switching up the sewers, nothing's terribly redone.

Have yet to play through the CV scenario, so I don't know how bad it's been destroyed. Gonna go play some more now.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:35 pm
I'm quite happy with the game itself.

I was waiting for it for a long time and I couldn't be any happier now that it's out..glad to see zombies instead of Ganados or Majini.  

Draconian Chaos

Hallowed Shapeshifter

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:45 pm
Played through the CV scenario last night, and surprisingly they condensed it pretty well.

...Ahahahhhahahah! It was terrible! Fun gameplay, but... wow! xd Granted, it was still better than UC-RE3 though. I really doubt anything can beat that. >_>;

To its credit, though, Steve didn't sound like a total emo douche this time around. And Alfred, unfortunately didn't sound as effeminate, but he sounded a lot more psychotic. Alexia, though... Man, what happened? In CV/CVX she was power-hungry. She wanted the world to revolve around her. Here, she just wanted to play with her little "lab rats" (Claire, Chris, Steve).

Also, the Nosferatu fight was different, if not a little more... interesting. razz

Overall, CV scenario was pretty bad, but definitely could've been worse. Also, for those wondering... yes, Wesker appears. Very briefly at the end, but that's all. D:  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff