Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:44 pm
Resident_Kyo
i thought el gigante was cool!

Sure, if you're playing Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, but this is survival horror, not medieval fantasy. Creatures like El Gigante, physically cannot exist. The pressure on his bones would be too much, he would either be like 5 times slower or he would be dead. Way too farfetched.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:25 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Resident_Kyo

Sure, if you're playing Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter, but this is survival horror, not medieval fantasy. Creatures like El Gigante, physically cannot exist. The pressure on his bones would be too much, he would either be like 5 times slower or he would be dead. Way too farfetched.

i dont think parasitic organisms could atler human bodies and some madman would control them and make a cult out of it either. The only reason why i liked el gigante was because he was a giant troll that you could have fun to shoot at. not in a reality basis  

Resident_Kyo

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:41 pm
Resident_Kyo
Biohazard EXTREME
Resident_Kyo

i dont think parasitic organisms could atler human bodies and some madman would control them and make a cult out of it either. The only reason why i liked el gigante was because he was a giant troll that you could have fun to shoot at. not in a reality basis
Well, El Gigante was just an example. The whole idea of Las Plagas was stupid. What's your point?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:41 pm
I agree with the whole El Gigante thing... I thought I was playing the Harry Potter VG. But, I will say that I like the idea of a parasite. Although one being controlling it seems rather slim... but then again, it worked in Parasite Eve... one of my favorite games... (Mitocondria, anyone? 3nodding )  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:56 pm
well the idea of el gigante was clearly stolen from lord of the rings. that part was really stupid. but i wanted a better challenge out of him.

I really liked the idea of las plagas but the only thing i didnt like about it was that the ganados, zealots, and soldiers didnt have that zombie feel. if they were more zombieish i think it would have been better. they were basically normal people being controled by somebody  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:59 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Resident_Kyo
Biohazard EXTREME
Resident_Kyo

Well, El Gigante was just an example. The whole idea of Las Plagas was stupid. What's your point?

im just saying a giant troll crushing people and you have to fight him sounds lik survival horror to me  

Resident_Kyo

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:06 pm
Resident_Kyo

im just saying a giant troll crushing people and you have to fight him sounds lik survival horror to me

Well, it felt more like to me that it stepped out of the realm of possibility. I mean, with The old Re's, all the creatures still had some quality of what it once was... and that's what made it terrifying. I dont know about you, but the Hunters and Crimson Heads scared me a whoooooole lot more than the Gigantes... simply for the fact that I could rationalize it in my messed up head...

Trolls - Fantasy Adventure
Crimson Heads - Survival horror. IE, they were once humans.
Confusing, I know.. .but it makes sense, I swear!

And for the record, I liked the break from zombies. I loved the Ganados, I thought the idea was innovative. They weren't too difficult once you got past the fact that they fight back, and I liked how they communicated with eachother (or tried to, anyway... the AI was still a little funky... ) to bring you down.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:50 pm
NotteRequiem
Resident_Kyo

Well, it felt more like to me that it stepped out of the realm of possibility. I mean, with The old Re's, all the creatures still had some quality of what it once was... and that's what made it terrifying. I dont know about you, but the Hunters and Crimson Heads scared me a whoooooole lot more than the Gigantes... simply for the fact that I could rationalize it in my messed up head...

Trolls - Fantasy Adventure
Crimson Heads - Survival horror. IE, they were once humans.
Confusing, I know.. .but it makes sense, I swear!

And for the record, I liked the break from zombies. I loved the Ganados, I thought the idea was innovative. They weren't too difficult once you got past the fact that they fight back, and I liked how they communicated with eachother (or tried to, anyway... the AI was still a little funky... ) to bring you down.

i agree with the communication it was very nice. if they could somehow mix the zombies with the las plagas intelegence it would be superb  

Resident_Kyo

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:03 pm
NotteRequiem
I agree with the whole El Gigante thing... I thought I was playing the Harry Potter VG. But, I will say that I like the idea of a parasite. Although one being controlling it seems rather slim... but then again, it worked in Parasite Eve... one of my favorite games... (Mitocondria, anyone? 3nodding )

But mitochondria is a real thing. We all have it in us, providing us with energy. So it's not like it's a parasite really, it's just something that thrives in us and we benefit from it by getting energy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:10 pm
Besides, parasitism is defined as organisms that live off of a host and benefit while causing harm to the host. (That definitely could have been worded better... I wish I still had my bio book.) Las Plagas cannot be a parasite because, despite the fact that it is used to control the host, it is still not causing any harm to the organisms that it infects.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:14 pm
Kaworu__Nagisa
Besides, parasitism is defined as organisms that live off of a host and benefit while causing harm to the host. (That definitely could have been worded better... I wish I still had my bio book.) Las Plagas cannot be a parasite because, despite the fact that it is used to control the host, it is still not causing any harm to the organisms that it infects.
Well it sorta does, I mean if it's too far into infection and you remove it, then the host dies. ( scream WHICH ASHLEY SHOULD HAVE!)
Either way, it was a stupid idea. Their original idea was involving the Progenitor Virus! I mean, come on! You come up with this new virus that predates the T-Virus, you mention it in REmake, you basically base the entire RE0 around it, and then abandon the idea--that, in REmake, you created a whole new character, being Lisa. What could ruin Resident Evil? Capcom!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:16 pm
Oh, the irony. xD  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Resident_Kyo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:19 pm
if only RE was made from someone else. capcom is like that. they make the same exact games over and over again  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:21 pm
Resident_Kyo
if only RE was made from someone else. capcom is like that. they make the same exact games over and over again
[cough]Mega Man[/cough]  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:25 pm
Resident_Kyo
Resident Evil was better the old way, with the static camera angles and ZOMBIES! I mean, okay, camera I can let it go... But Resident Evil without zombies is like Metal Gear Solid without a nuclear equipped tank. It's like Mortal Kombat without fatalities. It's like Onimusha without Katanas. It's like Nightmare on Elm Street without Freddy Krueger! Need I go on?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games