Submit

Yay God!
  Yay God :-D
View Results

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:12 pm
April 17
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
— 1 Corinthians 1:18 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Power! We love power. We love the sound and fury of power. We love the ability that power brings to change things. But, the greatest power ever unleashed on this earth was the power displayed when the Almighty God held back his might and fury while his Son was persecuted and murdered. He did it so he could save us. Now that's an awesome display of power, and it was displayed specifically for us!
My Prayer...
Holy and Majestic God on high, I praise you for incredible might and power. But I also thank you for your love which guides the release of that power. Thank you for knowing that I am but dust without your sustaining Spirit. Thank you for saving me by withholding your mighty power so I could be pardoned by your sacrificial power. Because of Jesus' mercy, and in his holy name, I offer this prayer. Amen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:56 pm
If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
— Romans 10:9-10 (NIV)

Imagine Jesus being proud of you! He said if we confess him before others here on earth, he will speak up for us in heaven. Confessing Jesus as our Lord is simply acknowledging the truth. But for believers, it is more than that, since at the close of time every knee will bow and every tongue confess his name. For us, confessing Jesus is anticipating his triumph in which we will share.
My Prayer...
Mighty God, your Son is my Lord. I love him and praise him for his redeeming sacrifice. I thank him for his conquest of the grave. I marvel at his sacrificial and triumphant grace. Jesus is Lord. I know it sounds sweet in your ears so I say it again, Jesus is my Lord. Thank you for being so great that you would be so sacrificial. In the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus the Carpenter, I offer this thanks. Amen.  

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:49 pm
April 19
Christ has indeed been raised, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
— 1 Corinthians 15:20-22 (NIV)

Being eternal is nothing new. Being like Jesus completely, eternally, will be new. But when the moment of glory hung in the balance as Jesus was revived from his death sleep, we too were given the assurance that death no longer claims us. The only death that really matters is our death to sin in baptism with Jesus. If we have shared in that death, we will most certainly share in his resurrection (see Romans 6:1-14).
My Prayer...
Almighty, Most Powerful God. Because of your grace and the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, I know I will see you face to face. Help me now, however, to live that resurrected life being more like Jesus today than any day ever before. In the name of my risen Lord I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:51 pm
April 20
Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
— 1 Corinthians 15:55-57 (NIV)

Victory! Ultimate Victory!! If you don't have the answer for life's biggest test, death, then you have no victory. The Super Bowl and World Series are played every year. The champion is a victor for only one year. But a Christian is a champion forever because in Jesus, a Christian has victory over death.
My Prayer...
Thank you God for giving me victory in Jesus Christ. In my daily struggles with sin, please make his will triumphantly present in me now, just as it will be when he raises me from death and brings me home to you. Through my Triumphant King I ask it. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:00 pm
April 21
Jesus said, "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. I and the Father are one."
— John 10:28-30 (NIV)

"He's got the whole world in his hand." Yes, the song may be true, but in a much more special way, God holds his children of faith in his hand. As long as their lives are entrusted to him and his grace, no one or nothing can steal them away.
My Prayer...
O Lord, thank you for your steadfast and secure love. Thank you for the assurance that my future rests in your hands. Thank you for holding me in your protective grace. May I live today with confidence and joy knowing that no matter where I find myself, you are there to uphold and sustain me. For this grace, I thank you in Jesus' name. Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:55 pm
April 24
You know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
— 1 Peter 1:18-19 (NIV)

If value is determined by price, we are incredibly valuable. God took the most precious treasure of heaven to buy us out of sin and death and adopt us into his family. Silver and gold pale in comparison to that value.
My Prayer...
Holy God, may I live each day more aware of my inestimable value to you. May my words, thoughts and actions be permeated with your sense of my worth -- not so that I may seem important to others, but so that I may live in holiness and honor to your precious gift to me. Through him I pray. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:45 pm
April 25
God has chosen you to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
— Colossians 1:27-28 (NIV)

Christ lives in me. Until I can become completely like him through the power of the Spirit (2 Cor 3:18 ), he lives in me. Until I can go home to be with him, he lives in me (John14:1-21). Everywhere I go and everything I do, he is in me. Our goal is to have him formed more perfectly in us, not just live in us. Of course, that will be done by his power and through the gift of his Spirit!
My Prayer...
O God, may the presence of Jesus within me stir me to do your work today. May your abiding grace, through the presence of your gracious Son, call me to your character and your concerns. O Jesus, please make my heart like our Father's. Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:56 pm
April 26
Jesus is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
— Hebrews 7:25 (NIV)

Jesus didn't just come and die for us. He wasn't just raised to give us life. No, as incredible as those gifts are, he adds another blessing to all he has done for us: until he can come and take us home to God, Jesus lives to ask God for grace in our behalf. Jesus is not only our Savior, he is our defender and brother at the Father's side!
My Prayer...
Precious Savior, my Jesus, how I love you. You sacrificed heaven for me. You gave up dignity to redeem me. You destroyed death to assure me. But today, I am most thankful and most aware that every prayer I offer and every step I take you are in the Father's presence to bless me. Thank you. Amen.

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:57 pm
April 27
The Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.
— Luke 19:10 (NIV)

"The Friend of Sinners." Of all the things Jesus was called, I believe that was his favorite. Come to think of it, I believe it's my favorite, too!
My Prayer...
Father, while I know you hate sin and the havoc it creates in our lives, I am so thankful that when you came to earth you were not our judge but our Savior, you were our friend. I promise to live today more aware of your love for the lost because I know what it means to be found. Through Jesus my Lord, I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:16 pm
I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
— Job 19:25 (NIV)

Beyond what these words were first meant to convey, we know today that our Redeemer will return as the Rider on the white horse in triumph and victory. Hallelujah, what a day! Then the world truly WILL KNOW that Jesus Christ, our Savior and brother and friend, is Lord of all things!
My Prayer...
Conquering King, Immortal God, I look forward to the day of your ultimate triumph in our world. Until that day, I pray that your Kingdom may be reflected in my ministry, my family and my life. Through the Rider on the white horse, I pray. Amen.  

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Miss DaMeanor

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:59 pm
May 1
Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
— Hebrews 11:6 (NIV)

I believe! I believe that God not only knows me, but cares about me. I believe that God not only created the universe, but he knows the number of hairs on my head. I believe that God not only sent his Son to save the world, but that he's sending him back to bring me home. What's more, I believe that God is pleased by my belief.
My Prayer...
Almighty, Most Holy Lord, I thank you for your steadfast love and enduring faithfulness. I thank you for your grace and mercy. I thank you for your might and power. I thank you for your awesome holiness. I thank you ... for being you, and choosing to reveal yourself to mortals like me. Through Jesus, your final Word, I pray. Amen.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:04 am

Can't remember if this has been posted or not...so I will post it anyway. Unless I post otherwise, these Scriptures are in NLT.

2 Corinthians 11:5-6

But I don't consider myself inferior in any way to these "super apostles" who teach such things. I may be unskilled as a speaker, but I'm not lacking in knowledge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is an amazing passage. If you're just reading through, it can often just pass right by like a brush of wind. But what Paul says here really means something.

It doesn't matter who you are. God calls all of us to minister. Do not let yourself or others compare you, your gifts, or your God-given abilities to those who others see as "superior". No one is holy except through Christ, and no one is more holy than another, for holiness comes only from God.

Do not be afraid to speak God's truth. Do not allow the enemy to diminish your self-confidence because of other people you may see with seemingly greater talents and/or gifts than you. Be strong in the Lord, for He is your rock.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:16 am

Joel 2:19, 21

The Lord will reply, "Look! I am sending you grain and new wine and olive oil, enough to satisfy your needs. You will no longer be an object of mockery among the surrounding nations"...

...Don't be afraid, my people. Be glad now and rejoice, for the Lord has done great things.

God's promise of redemption and forgiveness for people is clearly stated throughout the entire Bible. Furthermore, those who trust in the Lord and make Him their rock, their shelter, will not be abandoned. No, the Lord will reward all who serve Him. He will protect His faithful and make them prosper.

So even when there are troubles, take heart! For the Lord will reward you for your standing faith. When you make God your rock, you will not falter or be abandoned.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Habakkuk 3:17-19

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks dies in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer,* able to tread upon the heights.

*3:19 also written: He gives me the speed of a deer

Habakkuk is one of many examples of people who have trusted in the Lord even in tough times. It's easy to have faith when things are going well. It's a lot harder to have faith when things aren't. Everyone knows this.

Still, we must have faith, trust in the Lord, and be glad in His glory and might. All bad things in this world come to an end, and good times abound. So don't lose courage! heart

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

0-Veritas_Lux _Mea-6

Wealthy Gaian

5,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:30 pm
I dont know if this verse is already on here((i didnt look)) but if it is not, here it is>my all time favorite verse<

Psalms 138:8
The Lord will fulfill his purpose in me.

I LOVE that verse. I hope you do too  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces