Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Lyndria
Lyndria. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:08 am
Avin smirked, admiring her bravery, if that's what you would call it. He couldn't help but chuckle at the sudden drastic shift in her mood. "I would hardly call a dragon a someone,"He shrugged his shoulders. He watched the bracer falling, interested.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:21 am
In one swift motion Sinku caught the bracer and had it back on his arm tightening the straps so it wouldn't fall off." Fool do you have any idea what would happen if he got out without me having this bracer on?...The whole world could be reduced to ashes before i got him back under control......this is no ordinary dragon it is Ragnarok from Norse mythology contained in a physical form and he isn't trapped in this gem it's just how i summon him and where i can channel his power to if i need it so never do that again Leo."  

sinku anaka

Ice-Cold Hunter

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:58 am
((Okay. Sinku, before we go any farther what can't your character do. He's a master at all elements, which I sort of let slid because you decided that before the magic details were up, he's a master at fighting, drinking doesn't affect him, he can smell the difference between Avin and Miles, he can teleport as he pleases AND now he has a dragon that can destroy the world?! I can't think of anything that you've said he CAN'T do. Remember your character has to have flaws. Even Beowulf and Gilgamesh had flaws. It's frustrating to have to work around your perfect character.))  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:20 pm
OOC////
Believe me he isn't perfect and his regular fighting skills aren't that great and on top of that the dragon is hard to control which is why he doesn't let him out much it's just there for the fun of it.....of course I have been using Sinku for almost five years now which is why he is so developed but if things get hard to work around I'll dial him back a bit just don't mess with his armor or weapons ....he'll take it personally......especially the dragon horn dagger.His flaws are more in his personality and how he handles situations, he often doesn't think before acting and it gets him into trouble quiet often and another flaw is he has no set strategy in fighting, he just adapts to each situation but can't adapt to quick changes as well thus providing openings.  

sinku anaka

Ice-Cold Hunter

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:18 am
((As your character ages, it does not mean he becomes invincible/nearly so. Characters are supposed to represent real people and their possible attributes. Perfection is impossible; even elves from Lord of the Rings who have lived thousands upon thousands of years aren't perfect. Galadriel, for example had the pride and greed to use the Ring for evil. Plus, I couldn't see her fighting in that dress. You say his regular fighting skills aren't "that great" but they are a hell of a lot better than any mage I've seen. And why would he need to think before acting or have a fighting strategy if you make him adapt to every situation? Every "example" you've given me has just been a superficial flaw. They don't really hinder Sinku (as in your character) at all.

Okay. Now’s the time for me to think. I admit to having difficulty explaining things, so if I begin to ramble and stop making any sense, then hopefully [Z_] will be able to step in a explain some points. When writing, which I include roleplaying, your goal is to make things realistic or believable. Limitations are there to make it more interesting for you as well as to be more realistic. For example, if your creature is a centaur, 8 feet tall and 500lbs, there’s no way that thing is jumping high or long. It would fall, quickly, but that’s it. So what can you do to cross such and such gap? It makes you think out of the box, so that each day you’re thinking and expanding your ability as well. Flaws are what make the reader relate to your character. Balance is the key to having a well developed character. I’m not asking you to make him so incompetent that he trips over the shoelaces he doesn’t have, but to bring more realism to him. If you want to keep this character so powerful, you must match it with a limit. For example, if someone’s playing a Gorgon, perhaps in their past, they turned their love to stone. Therefore, they wear a mask, trying to control their power.

You’ve created this character which you have all this information on, but you don’t express it. You make random comments, such as “his necklace began to glow and rattle against his armor” ((when Sinku teleported to Miles and threaten him about smelling similar to Avin)) but you didn’t elaborate on it at all. I have no idea what it meant; though I have guesses from showing anger to it being attracted to Miles. And you haven’t mentioned it since. See, maybe you know, but you have to help us understand your character too. In your profile, you say he doesn’t like to give away his past. That’s BS because a profile isn’t to give away the character’s past to other characters. It’s to help us know how to interact with your character.

The more you describe in your post, the better we understand. Maybe instead of just saying “a pair of angelic wings shot out of his back” you can describe the sensation of wings coming out of your back. Now, obviously none of us truly know what that’d feel like, but play with it. Have fun being creative. Leona’s past has been embedded in most of my posts, though I admit a lot of it I’m making up on the way. But I’m being consistent with it. Even if I have to go back and reread my posts, I’m keeping the story straight.

A good thing is to think of this Sinku as an individual character. It’s a new plot, with new characters, so change him up a little. Challenge yourself. Even the two Leona’s I’m playing now—one with [Z_] and this one, though they started out the same, I’m trying to edit them to keep them unique.))

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:44 pm
OOC///
First off he isn't nearly invincible he is rather easy to beat and you wouldn't know this since you haven't really fought him. The necklace reacts to evil spirits and death since the Ice fire within it was used to wipe a civilization off the map after Sinku was possessed by Anubis(he has recently freed himself of that spirit) and I know how characters work. Mine isn't based on anyone other than me,he has my personality and his physical fighting skills are lacking but they are decent for how he fights. the reason he doesn't tell his past is because he doesn't want people to know it cause it causes him several problems when people find out about it.....and actually I'm using him a bit differently than I usually do......he's never this trusting of new people just wait until later in the story,it doesn't make sense to dump every bit of info out on the floor when it isn't needed.  

sinku anaka

Ice-Cold Hunter

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:24 am
((Okay. Obviously I offended you. I apologize; it was not my purpose. I was merely trying to help and gently correct you. I thought I maintained a kind and respectful demeanor throughout the post, but apparently that didn't help much. As it seems unlikely you will change anything about your character, I will step out of the roleplay, and simply continue in [Z_] and my roleplay. If you want me to actually kill off my character, I will. Simply tell me. I was enjoying this roleplay, but I refuse to continue letting you off.

And just so you know, when he “fought” Avin, he claimed to be invincible to all elements and shot an orb of light and darkness that exploded violently enough to rock the building. That counts as being difficult to beat. And I wasn’t asking your character to tell his past to the other characters, I was asking YOU to tell his past to US: there is a difference.))

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:13 pm
ooc///Obviously we have two different understandings of skill cause when ones character has been alive get really really good at it. His family blood line makes him immune to elements unless you like hit him with a rock or something like that and even if he didn't have the blood line he would still have an immunity to elements although not as complete since he uses all of them. the way to beat him is to not use elements and go physical and constantly change your attack pattern......not all that hard to do so leave if you like but it doesn't make any sense to me for you to do so.  

sinku anaka

Ice-Cold Hunter

Just Before An Eclipse
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:14 pm
((I'm not getting through to you, though it is a basic concept to me. Perhaps it’s because I’ve been roleplaying longer, but I'm done trying. I don't have to: I'm only a mod for the RP Guides. If you want to god-mod the sh*t out of this roleplay go ahead. I'm tired of suffering through it.))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:20 am
(( Sinku, you have to either tone down your character, or you can't be a part of this guild. We're a literate, fair roleplaying guild. I hate the quote rules at you, but...
[Faelan]
4. Please, no God-moding! Remember, every race has its weakness. Even if you made it up yourself, you MUST have a weakness. I cannot stress this enough. In fact, due to a request made in the Lyndria Interactive! thread, I have decided to post examples of what qualifies as Godmoding so as to prevent any confusion on the matter. (And I made them smaller to decrease eye strain! ..Sorta).

• Examples of Godmoding:

- Obliviousness - Ignoring the actions of another character/other characters in the RP that affect either your character or your character's immediate surroundings.

- Auto-hitting - In other words, writing the success of an action or attack without the consent of the RPer whose character it affects. It is up to the RPer whether an attack is to hit or miss their character.
• No Character can kill off another character without an agreement between the RPers whose characters are involved with said death.

- Plot Steering - Taking the reigns of an entire RP, even if it is merely a Starter RP, is viewed by other RPers as being very inconsiderate. The plot should unfold neatly if it is created with contributions from ALL members of the RP. Certainly a plot twist may be added unexpectedly, as long as it respects all members of the RP in that it does not impede their ability to join in the action.

- Invincibility - You are allowed to have your character dodge attacks directed toward it, but please, do not do this unrealistically. If an attack seems unavoidable, merely take the hit, if it seems fair to do so.

• EVEN GHOSTS/WRAITHS CAN BE HARMED/KILLED! Remember that! In most cases, they cannot be affected by physical means, but they may certainly be harmed, or even killed, by magic!

• Abilities can be invincible as well! Please, do not create abilities for your character that have no consequences or drawbacks. (Such as everlasting shields). If nothing else, an ability should be a bit draining to use, or should be limited to only being available a couple of times every 24 hours.

As acting administrator of this guild, I request you change up your character and rework his profile. You can PM the edited profile to myself or Eclipse, and we'll take care of the transition for you. You will need to carry fewer weapons, you cannot have control of all elements, please limit it to two or three. You cannot have immunity to all elements, again, please limit that to two or three. You cannot harness an unstoppable creature, but it can be in your back story, you can be influenced by it, you just cannot carry it around on your wrist. If you can teleport, that needs to be in your description. Please just list abilities.
Please keep in mind that we're not trying to be a** holes here, we just want to have fun in a fair RP environment, and it gets real hard when someone else is god modding all over the place. We understand that you want to have fun too, but it needs to be more balanced.
So here's what we want in a short list form, so it's not so angry seeming (which we're not angry, by the way, just trying to help out)
-New Description
-Less Immunities
-Less skills
-Fewer weapons
-Fewer raging hardcore unstoppable monsters to eat our faces
-A list of the skills your character has (try not to make them up as you go in an RP)
-Have fun
Failure to comply will result in termination of your membership.
Just don't take this personally, we're not attacking you.))  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
Lyndria

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash