Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
M.A.M. OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MindxHunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:26 pm
Well I don't really care, still a nerd (So I'm guessing that'll compliment you) but if your that annoyed then give me a link to an approved dictonary site and look it up (basically show me) not through some lame persons website either that by some miracle he gives a view. Wikipedia official lmao.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:38 pm
oh, hello. (:

Holy Sanctimonious

Trash Partner

6,350 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Trash Can Supporter 50

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:35 am
Wiki definition of a nerd:
Nerd is a term that refers to a person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, technical or scientific endeavors, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests, rather than engaging in more social or conventional activities. It often carries a derogatory connotation or stereotype. The nerd may be awkward, shy and unattractive.[1] Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people.

((and if you saw what i looked like for real you would know this stereotype doesnt fitmy appearance vain yes i am but I have been told I am an attractive young man))XD

And a a wiki definition of a GEEK
The definition of geek has changed considerably over time, and there is no longer a definitive meaning. The terms nerd, gimp, dweeb, dork, and spod have similar meanings as geek, but many choose to identify different connotations among these terms, although the differences are disputed. In a 2007 interview on The Colbert Report, Richard Clarke said the difference between nerds and geeks is "geeks get it done."[3] Julie Smith defined a geek as "a bright young man turned inward, poorly socialized, who felt so little kinship with his own planet that he routinely traveled to the ones invented by his favorite authors, who thought of that secret, dreamy place his computer took him to as cyberspace—somewhere exciting, a place more real than his own life, a land he could conquer, not a drab teenager's room in his parents' house."[4]

Other definitions include:

A derogatory reference to a person obsessed with intellectual pursuits for their own sake, who is also deficient in most other human attributes so as to impair the person's smooth operation within society.
A person who is interested in technology, especially computing and new media. Geeks are adept with computers, and use the term hacker in a positive way, though not all are hackers themselves.
A person who relates academic subjects to the real world outside of academic studies; for example, using multivariate calculus to determine how they should correctly optimize the dimensions of a pan to bake a cake.
A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one who passionately pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not mainstream social acceptance.
A person with a devotion to something in a way that places him or her outside the mainstream. This could be due to the intensity, depth, or subject of their interest. This definition is very broad but because many of these interests have mainstream endorsement and acceptance, the inclusion of some genres as "geeky" is heavily debated. Persons have been labeled as or chosen to identify as physics geeks, mathematics geeks, engineering geeks, sci-fi geeks, computer geeks, various science geeks, movie and film geeks (cinephile), comic book geeks, theater geeks, history geeks, music geeks, sport geeks, art geeks, philosophy geeks, literature geeks, historical reenactment geeks, 2012 geeks, video game geeks, and roleplay geeks.
A more recent school of thought sees nerd as being a derogatory phrase, while geek is simply a description[citation needed]. It is taken to be someone who is an enthusiast, often in things outside of the mainstream spectrum. It may also describe immersion in a particular mainstream interest to an extreme that is beyond normalcy (e.g. sports geek). Of note is that in this definition, there is no reference to being socially inept in the slightest

((so theres a huge difference in the terms. Being a Geek is better than being....a nerd >.>

I am a video game/ roleplay/history/sci fi/anime Geek In essence I AM A GEEK))  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:18 pm
=D
What's with the no posts? Everybody out for the weekdays?  

Hareonca

Shirtless Tactician

9,600 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Holy Sanctimonious

Trash Partner

6,350 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:42 pm
oh look, an reasonable ooc post (: (jk)

haha, i dont know, sadly. maybe, they are busy, or something?
i know tiki was sick and stuff. dakky is busy to. im gonna be busy very very soon.

like this thanksgiving week off? i might be on, but ima be doing alot. ima go camping to (:

then i haz chorus things. (im telling you ahead of time)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Ray, copy and paste the link of where you found that information then I'll believe you.

(And BS there are some hot, adorable nerds out there, and one right here UwU lol I'm sure were all attractive here also).

And looking at the two definitions anyway, they are just basically simular in many ways. Sure there are differences, but the things I like to see in you are the same on both sides, so..get over it :3.

(And I am a nerd/loner/jock/ms.freaking sunshine/I don't really have a label. I am mind TwT miiiiiinnndddd...)

Watch this, it'll cheer everyone up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygI-2F8ApUM  

MindxHunter

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:56 am
there wikipidia Mind but the same goes Nerd is a deragatory name where Geek is more accepted as a click. but who cares if your mind then im RAY RAAAAAAAY X3

and I will never call any one person a nerd unless they truely are your a geek Mind.....RESPECT MY AUTHORITY XD jk ._. dont hurt me.....  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:17 pm
Well I'm a Mind (Concealing of real name), thats what I am as far as people know me. I respect your authority, I just follow it about as much as a person would follow the scent of crap.  

MindxHunter

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:58 pm
The cruelty of the human mind knows no limits V.V  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 pm
Lol there is a limit to only nothing.  

MindxHunter

Hareonca

Shirtless Tactician

9,600 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:47 pm
Man, so is it pretty much gonna not be happening till Christmas break? Cause... I'm bored. stare Cause due to pretty much the same circumstances all my other RPs are dead. neutral ... *Sigh* I'm just gonna go lay down in a corner.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:29 pm
-Sigh- sorry Hareonca -pets- I can probably attempt to continue without some people posting or such things..Other than that it's due to the lack of people.  

MindxHunter

Wyntre Stryke

Ruthless Felis catus

9,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:33 pm
i'm back slightly in a way...sorry no one kill me please many people already trying to keel me from hugs from being back...i'm not offically back until my birthday hopefully >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:25 pm
-shrugs- ._.  

MindxHunter

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:32 am
I just had a guy pm me asking to play as Rays Twin Brother.....I never factored in a twin brother for him  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff