Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
D'Lux Gold, NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:40 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCorner Booth
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNo One
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDisturbed
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wнen ι waѕ т w e l v e ι υѕed тo d e l v e xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ιnтo evιl ѕ c н e м e ѕ jυѕт тo ιllιcιт ѕ c r e a м ѕ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вooѕт мy ѕ e l ғ e ѕ т e e м , pυѕнed мy ѕιѕтer d o w n a w e l l xxxxxx
                                                          ѕнe jυѕт ғ e l l , oн вυт ι l o v e тo d w e l l xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLysandar wasn't surprised when the young man followed him. It was actually quite predictable. But then, he was rather observant, and good at reading people. The boy's attitude when he questioned him over his previous statements was both admirable, and laughable. "Child, you wear nervousness like a cloak," the madman intoned dryly, offering an amused smile. "Confidence is not your natural state, I would assume. And the dregs of humanity that occupy places such as this can smell fear. They watch for easy targets. You, my boy, have a bullseye on your chest, begging for a knife to be planted in it." He drew from his wine glass, leaning back casually in the booth.

spaceHis gaze flickered over the redhead, and he couldn't help but be... bored. Recruitment, he thought, was almost certainly a task beneath him. There were others who could do it... but then, they wouldn't do it nearly so well. None of Rui's other so-called minions had his composure. His class. Even she lacked it, hard as she tried. Her innocent exterior wasn't hard to see through; the cruelty and madness was evident in her eyes, in the curve of her lips and the inflections in her voice. No matter how hard she might try to mask it. So, yes, it fell to him. He, who had acted the part so well, it'd taken a mass murder to make anyone turn an eye to his dirty deeds... He was still a bit smug over that, to be honest. "I would wager," he began, "that you come from an old family. A proper one, traditionally Slytherin, more likely than not. One that upholds all the old values. Blood and breeding and manners and power... And you were taught to give off a certain air, one of contempt and confidence... But you feel neither of those things, do you? No, you're anxious and unsure." Unsure was an excellent trait, Lysandar thought. It meant you were malleable, and seeking something. Oftentimes, people didn't know what exactly that thing was, and it was far too easy to convince them he did. "Whatever might've led you to this dismal place tonight, you're lucky I'm here. Otherwise, you would have fallen prey to whatever dark deeds were lurking in the thoughts of those who skulk in the shadows. Not that I approached you of my own sense of good will, mind you. My intentions are simply to both our benefits rather than strictly my own." He smiled again, teeth showing, a suspicious light in his eye. He had to pique the boy's interest, he knew. If he simply laid all his cards out on the table, there was nothing to make the redhead pick them up. Curiosity was by far the most effective method of pulling someone in. Once they were intrigued, they asked questions, and the more questions they asked, the more invested they were. The more likely they were to be convinced.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ι aм noт a в a d м a n even тнoυgн ι do в a d т н ι n g ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx very в a d тнιngѕ , ѕυcн н o r r ι в l e тнιngѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx вυт ιт'ѕ noт q υ ι т e wнaт ιт ѕ e e м ѕ (noт qυιтe wнaт ιт ѕeeмѕ)
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx noт q υ ι т e wнaт ι ѕeeм . . . all нell. ιт'ѕ e х a c т l y wнaт ιт ѕ e e м ѕ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:31 pm
User Image
                                                                Time is a valuable thing
                                                                Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
                                                                Watch it count down to the end of the day
                                                                The clock ticks life away
                                                                It’s so unreal

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? D'Lux Gold
                                                                Who am I with? Himself, some guy (Lysandar)
                                                                What am I doing? Waiting and hoping that he can find Lysander.
                                                                What am I thinking? Elli already wants to kill me for this idea, but I don't care.
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Pancras

Jesse's eyes narrowed as he observed the man before him, while his mind was racing a mile a minute as he tried and failed to stop his heartbeat from picking up at the idea that he still apparently seemed like a target. He didn't like that thought, and it conjured too many memories of him being a victim. However, he wasn't letting that show, reigning in his emotions on the subject enough to respond. "And if I do? Are you suggesting that you have an alternative that I could follow?"

When he mentioned Jesse's family, his heart constricted for a moment before he calmed himself down. The Strudwicks were old, yes, and they were all Slytherins. There had never been anyone that he could recall in all of his lessons as a child that would suggest they weren't. Even he had been sorted there, as had Arden who was probably the furthest from Slytherin that you could get without being blatantly not a Slytherin like Kenny was. He held his tongue, not wishing to state what was on his mind about all of Jesse's breeding and upbringing. His upbringing was shite, but apparently he was able to pull it off enough that he was fooling the older man into believing that he had always been raised this way. It helped that he had seen plenty of Slytherins that gave off that specific air, and Jesse couldn't help but feel a wave of revulsion at the fact that he was playing the role well. It just made him adamant that as soon as he got back home, he was going to snog the daylights out of Elliott and up-bringing be damned.

He didn't take the bait about the family bit, instead deciding that the obvious bait, the one about intentions instead. "And what exactly are your intentions? You're in this bar, same as me. That's not exactly suggesting you're here for a casual meeting either." He was playing with fire. He knew he was. He was going to be burned at some point. But, if this was Lysandar, then he wanted to find out where he was keeping Jojo before this all blew up in his face.

OOC:

Things aren’t the way they were before
                                                                You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
                                                                Not that you knew me back then
                                                                But it all comes back to me
                                                                In the end

Cara MiaKitty

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:29 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCorner Booth
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNo One
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDisturbed

wнen ι waѕ т w e l v e ι υѕed тo d e l v e xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ιnтo evιl ѕ c н e м e ѕ jυѕт тo ιllιcιт ѕ c r e a м ѕ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вooѕт мy ѕ e l ғ e ѕ т e e м , pυѕнed мy ѕιѕтer d o w n a w e l l xxxxxx
                                                          ѕнe jυѕт ғ e l l , oн вυт ι l o v e тo d w e l l xxx

spaceLysandar chuckled at the young man's question. "My suggestion would be to not skulk about bars in seedy areas alone. But the fact that you are doing just that, in an attempt to escape, suggests that perhaps you've no other options, hm?" He took another sip of his wine, leveling his gaze over the rim of his glass. Not for the first time, he wondered if he was going to die from drinking from any cup owned by this establishment; how clean were they, really? Magic was a useful tool for cleaning, but only when it was used properly. Personally, he tended not to trust anything that hadn't been cleaned by a house-elf; they enjoyed cleaning, and were well aware of the consequences of a poorly-done job. He was still rather irritated about not having access to the family elves as a result of his being disowned as a result. He'd heard, of course, about the deaths of his parents, and the fact that 'Callidora' had gained everything that should have been his irked him to his very core... But then, he was sure he'd find time to deal with her eventually.

He quirked a brow, amused, when instead of answering any of the not-questions Lysandar had asked, the young man instead turned the questions back around onto him. He had enough of a backbone for that, then... Good. Spinelessness was of no use to Rui, after all. They were only as useful as their ability to remain steadfast, and someone who could be easily persuaded to turn away from them couldn't be trusted. Thus, they were useless. He gave the boy a sinister grin. "I'm here as a recruiter of sorts," he replied coolly. "And I've no fear of any that come here. In places like this, I'm much closer to the bogeyman than any of the lowlifes that would try anything against me." Truth be told, some nights, the maniac almost wanted someone to attack him. He was trying to reign in his violent tendencies to avoid notice, but it wore thin sometimes. Being given an actual excuse to attack someone would be pleasant. Unfortunately, the aura he gave off seemed to scare away any who might've even briefly entertained the thought. It would take a special sort of desperation, he reasoned, for someone to think it worth a go. As much of a prize as his purse might appear to be from his looks, he was just as much of a threat, if not more.

spaceHe swished the remaining wine around in his glass, glancing down into it before he swallowed it down. Then he looked back at the boy, still smiling. "If I asked your name, would you tell me?" he asked, actually curious. Sometimes people were difficult to pin down, even as predictable as they might be. This one would either think it cowardly to refuse, and give his name in defiance, or would recognize the bait and (smartly) decline. Lysandar was willing to bet that he'd have to give up his own before the redhead replied in kind, which was always tricky. He never knew when someone would think it wise to call the Aurors, and he didn't want to lose yet another recruitment spot. There'd been two instances previously in which he'd done just that, much to his annoyance.

xxx ι aм noт a в a d м a n even тнoυgн ι do в a d т н ι n g ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx very в a d тнιngѕ , ѕυcн н o r r ι в l e тнιngѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx вυт ιт'ѕ noт q υ ι т e wнaт ιт ѕ e e м ѕ (noт qυιтe wнaт ιт ѕeeмѕ)
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx noт q υ ι т e wнaт ι ѕeeм . . . all нell. ιт'ѕ e х a c т l y wнaт ιт ѕ e e м ѕ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:32 pm
User Image

Kaitlyn Davis

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

single.
thirty seven.
hogwarts graduate.
madam puddifoot's tea shop.
hufflepuff alumna.
pureblood.
barista.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

Kaitlyn sat on a stool, slowly nursing a martini in a sparkly cocktail dress that had been sitting in the back of her closet for who knew how long now. The blonde hadn’t had very many opportunities to wear it in the last couple of years since she cut down on going out and cut some of her more toxically influential friends from her life. Although she was out at a club tonight, she wasn’t meeting up with her girlfriends. Instead, dark eyes were on the lookout for a certain man whose daughter finally convinced him to ask Katie out. Honestly, she was a little nervous about this date. Not only hadn’t she been on a date in a few years, but she also hadn’t drank more than a glass or two of wine every couple of weeks since her motherly side came out to help raise her sister’s son. More than likely, her tolerance for alcohol had diminished which was why she had to make sure she paced herself. Sober(ish) Kaitlyn would be perfectly capable getting home alone whereas drunk Kaitlyn would probably allow Cal to take her home – something she shockingly wanted to avoid on the first date. However, the blonde wore matching undergarments just in case. Better to be safe than sorry.

User Image
User Image

Cara MiaKitty

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:48 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxD'Lux Gold - Bar
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxKaitlyn
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

ι coυld вe м e a n , ι coυld вe a n g r y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ ĸ n o w ι coυld вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e y o υ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ т н o υ g н т yoυ were тнere тo g υ ι d e мe xxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ were only ι n м y w a y xxxxxx
                                                          yoυ're w r o n g ιғ yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт ι'll вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e yo υ xxx

spaceCallum didn't quite know why he'd let his daughter badger him into asking Kaitlyn out. He liked the woman, sure, but he didn't really date. Dating was messy. Troublesome. And he was well aware that he had far too much baggage from his childhood to ever expect someone to let him unpack it all on them. It went both ways, of course; he didn't really fancy someone else unpacking their baggage on him, either. Which is exactly what he was opening the door for Kaitlyn to do, if he actually went through with this. And he had no doubt in his mind that she had serious baggage. She was an extremely beautiful woman, not much younger than he was. No woman stayed single for that long without some kind of something going on in her life. Not that he was going to ask, because this was only a first date, and he didn't want or need to know.

spaceHe gave his head a shake, trying to dispel his usual negativity. He was here, they were on a date. A date in a bar, sure, but still a date. Going into it expecting the world to come crashing down wasn't fair the the blonde. He just didn't quite know what she was expecting from him, and if he'd disappoint. They'd gotten along well enough when they'd run into one another in Hogsmeade, but those interactions rarely went over ten minutes or so. And while he thought she was beautiful, she wasn't his usual type. Kiera was insisting that maybe, since he hadn't ended up serious with his usual type, he should try something new. Cal was mostly humoring his daughter, but he wanted to at least make this one date decent for Kait. He didn't want to be one of those awful "I can't believe I went out with that guy" memories. Plus, they were likely to run into one another again in the future, and he didn't want that to be awkward.

spaceHe spotted her at the bar, and went to join her, trying for an easygoing sort of smile as he sat on the stool next to hers. A brief glance at the bartender to order a whiskey, and then all his attention was on her. Well, he might not put much stock in dating, but that didn't mean he was a bad date. "You look beautiful," he said sincerely, eyes skimming over her dress. A bit more impolitely than was normal, but then, they were at a club, and she was dressed for one. The dress was rather eyecatching... and so was she. With or without it. The thought of her without it was quickly shoved from his mind. "So, how are you tonight? Did you work today?" Small talk was something that had always seemed pointless to him, but it was the done thing. Besides, he didn't know what else to talk to her about. He supposed that, in this case, small talk did have a purpose, which was to help him figure out what they could actually talk about.

xxx ι coυld вe c o l d , ι coυld вe r υ т н l e ѕ ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx yoυ ĸ n o w ι coυld вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx on мy o w n , 'caυѕe ι can'т т a ĸ e lιvιng w ι т н y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ι'м a l o n e , ѕo ι won'т тυrn oυт l ι ĸ e y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yoυ're w r o n g ιғ yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт ι'll вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e yo υ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

kiska166

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:15 pm
User Image

Kaitlyn Davis

single.
thirty seven.
hogwarts graduate.
hufflepuff alumna.
pureblood.
barista.

The night was still young which probably explained the lack of bodies in the club on a Saturday evening; one of the reasons why it must have been so easy for Callum to spot her once he had arrived. Kaitlyn greeted him with a smile before he ordered his drink. “Thank you – you don’t look too shabby yourself,” she said, returning the compliment as she allowed her eyes to scan over his outfit as he quite obviously checked hers out. No matter how old any man grew up to be, they all failed at subtlety when it came to admiring a woman although some were far better at moving their eyes just quick enough to brush it off.

“I did, yeah,” the blonde answered. “There was this really cute elderly couple who came in to celebrate their 48th wedding anniversary. They met in Hogwarts and went to Madam Puddifoot’s for their first date.” Kaitlyn loved seeing cute, gushy, happy couples – that was probably the number one thing she loved most about her job. And she wasn’t really able to tell anyone about it since the person she saw most was her sister, and the Slytherin alumna found cute couples utterly disgusting (cue the eye roll). Kait loved Amanda, but she expected her to grow out of that phase by the time she got into a serious relationship. Apparently, it wasn’t a phase.

“How about you – how was your day?” she asked before sipping some more of the martini. The blonde was almost positive that he spent a portion of the day with Kiera. Kait could tell that Callum loved his spunky daughter, no matter how much trouble she caused. He seemed like a very good father, something that the blonde had lacked all her life and unfortunately, she wouldn’t be able to provide a child with the motherly love they need. Well, she could always adopt, but she also wanted to settle down first. Her income alone wouldn’t be enough to give a kid the life they deserve, especially when she’s taken her half brother under her wing just months before Amanda had a baby. Plus, she hadn’t found a partner who was willing to adopt instead of having his own.

User Image
User Image

Cara MiaKitty

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:31 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxD'Lux Gold - Bar
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxKaitlyn
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

ι coυld вe м e a n , ι coυld вe a n g r y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ ĸ n o w ι coυld вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e y o υ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ т н o υ g н т yoυ were тнere тo g υ ι d e мe xxxxxxxxx
                                                          yoυ were only ι n м y w a y xxxxxx
                                                          yoυ're w r o n g ιғ yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт ι'll вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e yo υ xxx

spaceCallum had enough grace not to snort at her compliment; not because he thought she was lying, by any means. Insecurity had never been a problem of his, at least as far as his looks went. He was more amused that she'd felt the need to comment on his appearance when he was essentially wearing what he always wore. Men's fashion wasn't nearly as broad in its expectations as women's was, after all (despite what his nephew seemed to think). As such, he was wearing the same sort of thing he always did; a pair of nice, dark wash jeans, a t-shirt, and a button up, left unbuttoned. Nothing special, and certainly nothing she'd not seen him in before. Actually, he thought she'd probably seen this exact outfit before.

spaceOf course, it was just as likely as not that she was talking less about his clothes, and more about him in general. He inclined his head politely at the compliment, offering a smile as he took a quick drink of the whiskey he'd been handed. As she spoke of her day, he listened with that same smile, somewhat amused by her recounting of the couple. "That's very romantic," he commented, tone faintly amused. How some couples did it, he'd never know. Then again, he hadn't exactly had any examples of real marriages in his youth, and very few in his adulthood. Hard to know people with strong marriages when you didn't know many people period. Most of the guys he knew from digs were single, or philanderers. At best, they never saw their wives because they were always off on digs.

spaceHer question about his day made him shrug; when school wasn't in session, his days were rather on the dull side. "Spent avoiding a certain nosy fifteen year old," he replied with an amused huff. "She tried to dress me. And give me conversational topics." He loved his daughter to death, but she was far too invested in this. He got it, she wanted him to find someone and be happy. But he wasn't unhappy as he was, single. And for a boy crazy teenager with a list of crushes as long as the day, she didn't have much room to talk about commitment. Then again, she was only fifteen, he guessed.

xxx ι coυld вe c o l d , ι coυld вe r υ т н l e ѕ ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx yoυ ĸ n o w ι coυld вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx on мy o w n , 'caυѕe ι can'т т a ĸ e lιvιng w ι т н y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ι'м a l o n e , ѕo ι won'т тυrn oυт l ι ĸ e y o υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yoυ're w r o n g ιғ yoυ тнιnĸ тнaт ι'll вe jυѕт l ι ĸ e yo υ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

kiska166

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:38 pm
User Image

Kaitlyn Davis

single.
thirty seven.
hogwarts graduate.
hufflepuff alumna.
pureblood.
barista.

Kaitlyn thought she recognized his outfit before, but that didn’t mean he didn’t look nice. In fact, he looked nice every time they ran into each other. She didn’t, however, and she knew it. Part of that reason was because he was in Hogsmeade on weekends the majority of the time – field trips and all – and she usually didn’t shop around the village unless she was either off work or had time to kill before her shift. Before a shift, there was a good chance she looked approachable. After an eight hour shift of running around and serving customers was a whole other story. As much as Katie never really wanted to talk to any random passersby after working, she was always up for a good conversation with Callum. The fact was he knew how to hold a conversation without making her feel as though he wanted anything more than just to talk.

That’s also what they were doing tonight, just with the title of a date. It didn’t mean things had to be awkward or weird with first date vibes – they weren’t teenagers after all. They were two adults hanging out, no games, and if they want to stay friends, they very well may. “They were pretty adorable,” she said, reminiscing about the elderly couple. “I think it takes a special sort of bond to last that long. And a lot of effort.” Eyes widened as she said the last word before taking another sip of her drink. Kait’s longest relationship lasted – what – two years? That was a long time ago and didn’t even really know if teen years counted.

Kaitlyn snorted when Callum mentioned that Kiera had tried to give him pointers. “Should I be afraid to ask what conversational topics she suggested?” Fifteen year olds were crazy, especially this particular fifteen year old (by the sounds of it). To be fair, Kait had only met her very briefly once – who was she to judge how crazy Kiera was? But then again, Cal did talk about her whenever he was given the opportunity. Kaitlyn supposed when he had a daughter like that, there wasn’t much else he focused on in any given day. At least not while school was out.

User Image
User Image

Cara MiaKitty

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:20 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxD'Lux - Bar
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAus
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGiddy

тнιѕ иιgнт αιи'т fσя тнє fαιит σf нєαятxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          fσя тнє fαιит σf нєαят, fσя тнє fαιит σf нєαятxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнιѕ иιgнт αιи'т fσя тнє fαιит σf нєαятxxxxxx
                                                          '¢αυѕє тнє fαιит σf нєαят gσииα fαℓℓ αραятxxx

spaceIf she were being honest with herself, Gypsy knew damn well why Aus was so reluctant to come out with her tonight. First of all, she'd lied about the fact that she wasn't going to try and get him to meet someone, and was pretty sure he knew her well enough to at least suspect as much. Second of all, even if she wasn't trying to get him out of his shell a little... alright, going out with her wasn't fun unless you were a certain sort of person. Ronna had a good enough time out with her, Jess normally did, obviously she and Jer always had a good time when he wasn't working behind the bar, but Aus wasn't really like them, and hadn't known her since they were eleven. He wasn't quite as used to it as the rest of her friends.

spaceBut, none of that mattered, because she'd gotten him to agree to come out anyway, and she was going to milk it. Arm hooked through his, she drug him up to the bar, blowing a flirtatious kiss Jer's way and indicating she wanted two of her regular. Soon enough she was downing her first shot and passing the other to Aus.
                                                          "Bottoms up, mate," she chirped happily, eyes practically glowing in the bar's low lights. "Tell me what you've been up to. We don't get to hang much." Of course, that was mostly her fault. Mal and Jack took up a lot of her time, and when she wasn't busy with them, she was busy with the parlor. She always felt guilty pawning her kids off on a relative just for a night out, so it almost never happened anymore. Not after...

spaceShe suppressed a shudder, and shoved the thought away. That was almost a year ago, she didn't need to let it ruin her good time. Even if she was wishing she'd gone out to a muggle bar so she could take her mobile and check in on the kids at Echo's place. Plastering a smile on her face, she redirected her attention back towards her friend.
                                                          "Seriously, did I miss anything interesting? You're not dead yet, I notice. Still single, though, right?" The last question was just bait, considering she knew the answer. Aus was a flirt, but once he got a positive response to his flirting he always seemed to get flustered. Couldn't seal the deal. What a curse. Gypsy hadn't meant to settle down as young as she had, but sometimes (mostly when talking to Aus, come to think of it) she was sort of glad she hadn't dated much. It seemed like a real hassle.

xxxαιи'т иσ ѕℓєєρ ωнєи тнє ωι¢кє∂ ρℓαу
                                                          xxxxxxαℓℓ ωє ∂σ ιѕ gєт ℓαι∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxαιи'т иσ ℓσνє ωнєи тнє ωι¢кє∂ яυи
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxαℓℓ ωє ∂σ ιѕ тяу тσ ℓαу σff, ℓαу σff, ℓαу σff
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxωє'яє тнє ωι¢кє∂ σиєѕ, ωι¢кє∂ σиєѕ

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            I was supposed to do great things, I know the road was long-
                                            But I wasn't raised to shoot for fame, I had the safety on
                                            I cut my ties, I sold my rings- I wanted none of this
                                            If you start from scratch, you have to sing just for the fun of it!
                                            I’d be alright, if I could just see you (Come up for air, come up for air!)
                                            A miracle mile, where does it lead to? (Come up for air, come up for air!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Aυѕтмαя Ƙяιѕтвנσяη Ɛι∂є x
                                            Durmstrang AlumnusHalfbloodDragon Keeper Multilinguistxxxxx

「 Early Spring 2036 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

To be blunt, Austmar was being a bit suspicious over why Gypsy wanted to invite him in a bar. Not that he hated bars, he can handle alcohol pretty well- but Austmar found it surprising nevertheless about the fact that he was quite an unsuccessful charmer. He couldn't exactly pinpoint nor figure out about her agenda, unless he was right about her making fun of him. That, or his usual drinking mate was usually one of the people at work in a Welsh pub, or Matteo. Sometimes, maybe even one of his siblings, he and Rubin were able to hang out more after the latter became more at ease, though his brother look like they were deep in thought about something.

He quietly sighed when Gypsy dragged him to the bar when she hooked her arm over his, his face reading 'why are you like this'. Austmar won't try to complain though, since he has his pride and he did say yes about this thing. As long as she wasn't trying to play 'Have you met Ted?' because dammit, he was pretty sure he can do it himself. Sitting down with her, he got the drink she gave to him and downed the first shot after her 'Bottom's up' line. Damn, that was refreshing. "It's all good," Austmar replied as he set down his glass, "My lil' bror Ivar got Vice Captain for Hufflepuff's team, really proud of him even if he also complained a lot about how he screwed up in being a first string beater." He felt Ivar's pain, since Austmar used to be a beater himself and botched up a couple times of defending the team seeker. It kinda sucked.

Unable to notice Gypsy's off moment due to the low lights, Austmar failed to see that something's going on. Then, when being asked if she missed anything, he hummed, "Hm, you don't really miss that much. Siblings stuff, you know- my lil' brother Villy and his girlfriend hav a lil' kid months ago. And I certainly didn't get burned into barbeque back a Wales, I'm too good for that. " He then recalled how one of his colleagues almost got his pants burned off that it revealed his big butt. Ew. He was going to answer the last question when he realized, something. "You're not dead yet, I notice. Still single, though, right?" She had said, then Austmar gave her this dry Matteo-esque look on his face, more on the fact that he was probably mocking the Swede. "Okay, now you're just teasing me. I, in my defense, had tried to make a effort. But some months ago I met this gal named Shiela and she also flirted with me in return. That's how I met her betrothed." That one was a trainwreck, Austmar never asked to be some third-person or whatever people call it. Had he known that she was actually not single, he would abort the mission but nooooo. He just wanted to have some sweet romance, but God, dating someone was so hard to do. Also, Austmar didn't know how to deal with someone who was obviously infatuated and head-over-heels on him. He used to not care about that scenario, but not anymore after what happened to Rubin long time ago.

Why can't his romantic life be similar to the story of Vilhelm Eide and Karen O'Donoghue? Or better yet, his parents?

« with [Gypsy] at [the bar] »
                                            « [single] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ooc

I feel the air upon my face; forget the mess I'm in!
                                            Hold me again, don't count mistakes- I lost track of them
                                            I was in the mud, I was in the dirt-
                                            Went underground and I found what I was worth!
                                            All alone and I know I can't stay-
                                            But we're walking up and down the streets to stay awake

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:43 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxD'Lux - Bar
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAus
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGiddy

spaceGypsy snorted when Aus mentioned Ivar's ascension to vice captainhood, and his apparently subpar beater skills. She patted her friend on the shoulder, smirking. "Just tell him he can never be as bad of a Captain and Beater as I was," she said in a faux-somber monotone. "Seriously. I should've gotten an award for failing that hard. And, at least he probably almost definitely doesn't have to worry about Balder bailing and leaving him holding the reins." Not that Gypsy was upset over the situation or anything, really, but she'd been woefully unprepared for her sudden captaincy. She'd done the best she could, but Shayna's sudden demotion had royally screwed them all over.

spaceShe ordered another couple of shots and blew another kiss Jer's way, then threw an arm around Aus' shoulders.
                                                          "Good. On the not getting burned up part. You're too pretty to have it wasted by getting turned into a stick of jerky, you know." She snorted faintly, and downed her second shot. "You'll have to forgive me if I don't remember who Villy is, I can barely keep track of my in-laws." She was going to have to start keeping a list, honestly. Especially if McGregor's kept popping out of the woodwork. And if Echo's in-laws kept getting married, because he talked about that lot constantly and she was beginning to think that any random stranger she met on the street had a fifty/fifty chance of having the last name Whitethorne. They were a damn prolific bunch, that was for certain. How their poor mothers had done it, she had no clue, because she'd given birth once and sworn that if Jer didn't get fixed, they'd never have sex again.

spaceHis mention of his failed romantic attempts made her wince.
                                                          "Ouch. Okay. When you say 'she flirted with me in return,' do you mean like, hardcore flirting her arse off with innuendo and winking, or 'she was being nice in a way that I think was flirtatious but could've just been her being nice'? Because, I mean. I 'flirt' a lot, but I'm not really flirting with anyone but Jer." Of course, the difference between how she flirted with other people and how she flirted with Jer was pretty obvious. For one, the flirting with her husband was deliberate, the flirting with other people was just her acting how she always acted, which was interpreted as flirtatious. For two... actually, her flirting with Jer was about the only time she didn't seem to be acting flirtatious, because she was picking fights. She'd be the first to admit her marriage was weird.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:32 pm

「 Early Spring 2036 」

Austmar shrugged when Gypsy assured him that Ivar couldn't be worse as her. Geez, that's kind of self-deprecating. Though, he had yet to make his brain gears click to remember one of Ivar's friends. Then again, his lil' bror has lots of friends to begin with that he couldn't keep track. "I can't exactly recall who Balder is but I just know that he's Ivar's friend so like, good to know." He said as he laughed, "Oh well, he'll learn. It's his first year ever being in the main string, after all." Well, after all, Ivar has this tendency to be... way too responsible, and he tends to think a lot. Ugh, sometimes he acted just like Matteo: brooding, way too dutiful, and occasionally a pair of smartasses- though they both mellowed down on the last one.

He got another shot and smirked when she was just glad his pretty face was turned into some dragon breakfast, "Welp, I have good instincts, after all. That's keeps me one-piece no matter how my brother thinks of that, but he's just being like our parents combined sometimes." Austmar shrugged as if it was kind of normal to him, though to be fair, he did can sometime take a break from jumping to wide rivers, thankyouverymuch! "Villy, well, Vilhelm. He's my much younger brother who isn't adopted. Quiet. Nerdy. Good at threatening people if he wants to. But he has a more better love life than us." Austmar sighed, apparently the younger ones came out having better love lives than the oldies. Well, except Arnbjorg, since her boyfriend finally got an excuse to travel in the UK from time to time.

The Norwegian then frowned when Gypsy decided to ask what kind of flirting he was talking about. Well, he knows flirting when he sees one, also he was the type to abort the flirting immediately if someone told him no. It was that easy, but then Arni told him that he was like a metamorphagus: one of the the rare breed for the lack of the better work. "Trust me, mate, I know flirting when I see one." He said, trying to assure her, "She looks like she's into it. Maybe it's because she's hates her betrothed so much, since he sounds like a total posh when I met him. But it's just, sure I flirt with girls if they want to, but I certainly don't want to be a side-guy, you know?"

« [single] »

ooc

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:12 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxD'Lux - Bar
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAus
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGiddy

spaceGypsy hadn't known that Ivar and Balder were friends, really, so honestly she was surprised to hear Aus frame the two boys in that context. Then again, Balder tried to make friends with pretty much everyone, so she shouldn't be surprised. "Balder's the team captain," she answered with a smile. "Did I never tell you how I ended up captain? Or, well, ended up captain a year early, anyway." She rolled her eyes slightly. "I was already Vice, so obviously I would've gotten it once Shayna graduated, she was the one that picked me. But, she missed a game... or was it two? Anyway, she lost the captaincy, lo and behold, suddenly I was in charge even though I'd only been Vice for a year and playing for... two? Maybe three? I started late." She waved her hand dismissively. The details weren't important. And anyway, that was ages ago, she could hardly be expected to remember stuff like that. Quidditch hadn't exactly had a lasting effect on her life, after all. "He'll be fine, I'm sure. And, if he's not, whelp, he's got my legacy to live down to." The metamorphmagus cackled faintly, and ordered yet another shot. Jer being behind the bar, plus no Jojo hanging around to worry about, meant she could actually get properly smashed, which sounded like a damn good idea.

spaceHonestly, she had a hard time seeing Aus as someone who could deftly avoid dragon fire, and figured his brother was on the money about it. But, the guy wasn't dead yet, so obviously there was some sort of fault in her logic.
                                                          "Older sibs are always like parents," she said. "I'm not even a full two years older than Gecko and I act like his parent sometimes. Then again, s'wasted effort, seeing as he was born forty and is now pushing sixty." She cackled again. Picturing the look on Echo's face if he'd heard her say that was almost enough to make her reuse the joke with him around. But, she knew that a joke was really only ever good the first time you said it, when it was spontaneous and clever rather than repetition. The explanation as to who Villy was made her nod, but she knew she'd have forgotten the information by the end of the night. Or the hour. "Love's complicated," she said. "I got lucky, fell for my best mate, he fell for me. 'Course, I did everything in my power to sabotage that, but Jer's a stubborn son of a b***h, so in the end it all worked out." Lucky her, because if Jer'd decided she wasn't worth the effort she'd have been S.O.L. Then again, she guessed she should be thankful for the boggart, too, since that was what'd triggered her finally breaking down and snogging the guy... She still hated boggarts, though.

spaceGypsy arched a brow when Aus insisted that he knew the woman had been flirting, pursing her lips.
                                                          "Hmm... nope. If you knew she was flirting, you'd be giving examples of what she was doing. 'Looks like she's into it' doesn't mean squat. Men've thought I was into them because I touched their chest... while doing a tattoo on their chest." She snorted. "C'mon, gimme something. Winking, buying you a drink... eyeballing your crotch," the pink-haired woman snickered, her nose wrinkling, "grabbing your crotch?" She down her shot finally, and gestured for a water. Three down, she figured she was past due. "Maybe the guy was acting posh because that's how some guys act when their girl's being flirted with by some rando, you know?" She took a sip of the water that'd been placed before her, frowning. "Gotta put on airs. 'She's with me, why would she ever want you?' kinda deal. But, whatever, maybe you're right and her betrothed is a d**k. Cut your losses, because if she was flirting with you with him there, or honestly even just talking to you, it means she was totally fine with you getting hexed."

spaceGypsy's expression turned thoughtful. "You gotta flirt with someone more in your league," she said. "And make the first move, and be obvious about it. Make sure she knows you're flirting, that way you know for a fact that any reciprocation is because she's into you. Buy her a drink, compliment her eyes... Hell, use a cheesy pick up line, but make sure you deliver it like a dork. Pick up lines are cute, but only when they're being delivered by someone who clearly knows how cheesy he is, or obviously has no idea what he's doing." Truth be told, a few guys had tried some pretty ridiculous lines on her over the years. The ones that said it with a straight face and a confident smirk got drinks thrown in their faces, or handed off to Emmet for their ink. The ones who blushed, tripped, or waggled their eyebrows melodramatically? Those guys, she kindly informed she was married. "C'mon, we'll practice!" Gypsy said brightly, clapping her hands. "Hit on me, actually hit on me. Let's see what you've got." This ought to be informative... and hilarious. Once he got her stamp of approval, she'd shove his arse off on some cutie hanging around the bar. The plan was foolproof.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:30 am

「 Early Spring 2036 」

Austmar just let out an enlightened 'oh' sound when Gypsy informed him that Balder was apparently the Team Captain, then proceeded to share a story about her unfortunate turn of captaincy, which made him wince. He thought he could be a good captain in the team back in Durmstrang, except his "rowdy behavior" with his half-cousins probably prevented him from getting the position- which wasn't a big deal. Teenage Austmar probably thought that as long as he gets to have real action in the team, he was fine with it.

He raised his second shotglass in agreement when Gypsy told him that yeah, older siblings were always like parents, before drinking down his shot. "Hah, me and him are three years apart, how unfortunate." He said, clearly joking about the 'unfortunate' part. "Freaking mama bear, I tell ya- you should see his first-time livid fury back in Durmstrang, and damn, he doesn't even have a hot-temper- but I'll admit it, it's scary as hell." But then, that was purely out of "Being done with their s**t" and Rubin's iconic Eldest Child Instinct- including beating the s**t out of one of their cousins for... well, said cousin beat the s**t out of Austmar in his fourth year, after all. That was a reminder that Rubin snapping was scarier than their mother's... Or Vilhelm's. Then he didn't say anything about the whole "Love is Complicated" shtick and just nodded, so that made him one of the unlucky ones. For a romantic, it sound a tad ironic, or was finding a tough lady like him that hard?

He then gave her a deadpan unimpressed look (in a way as if he's mimicking his brother Matteo) when his friend didn't seem to buy, but then Gypsy wasn't there to witness that. "Yeah. The iconic wink, the buying-a-drink-for-you part, the 'are you single?' part, and the touching part... that isn't my crotch, I would be creeped out if someone grabbed that." Then the more he recall that scenario, the more he was exasperated to himself, "I mean... actually- well, I'm not actually into sex? Hetrom-Demi and all, but that's not a big deal I guess. But whatever, it's kind of embarrassing to recall those couple now that I think of it." He waved his hand dismissively, since the fact that he's a romantic Demi was going to be a pain to explain, anyway. Also, Austmar was pretty sure people won't care about that part, unless you're one of those f**kboys who like to make fun of "sterile" guys- but he was pretty sure Matteo was more annoyed at that because he's bi-asexual.

Austmar was simply quiet as he listening to Gypsy's sage wisdom, but he guessed she knew what she was talking about- since she was legit married. Then again his way of flirting was winking, using his charm, and complimenting there beautiful looks (Though to be real, he didn't exactly make it clear that he was actually flirting). But on the other hand, he knew how ladies think and all given that he had four sisters to boot, though said sisters were composed of a snitch (Arni), Mother Nature (Kirsten), and a demonic prankster twins (Reidun and Ragna)- so he no longer used them for comparison, since ladies in the British Isles seemed to be a bit different compared to Nordic ones. Then he stared at her at shock when she literally told him to practice flirting with her, which was to say, Austmar was supposed to practice flirting at Gypsy Lovette. "Oookay? Are we going to propose the game 'Have you met Ted' after this? Which involves setting me up on someone? 'Cause that's what I'm under the impression of, Gypsy." Then, he gave her a charming smile, "But I'm happy to oblige. You see, in an alternate universe where you're single, I would say that you're a whole piece of art, no matter what color scheme you use." He winked in a really humorous way. There, he's literally giving her an example of how he flirt, while at the same time he was just rolling with her teasing because it's hilarious.

« [single] »

ooc

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:33 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxD'Lux - Bar
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAus
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGiddy

spaceGypsy was at least relieved to hear that, barring Aus lying to save his own arse (which she doubted), the girl had in fact been flirting with him. In which case, she stood by her statement. "Sounds like the trollop was looking to start drama," she said with a frown. "Maybe watching her man pummel some poor soul she's been flirting with gets her hot. People're into some weird shite, you know." Not that she was really one to talk, all things considered. But, she and Jer left everyone else out of their weirdness, thanks very much. The closest she got to getting anyone else involved would be making Jer jealous, and at this point he knew her well enough that he usually just pulled her away from whoever it was and chewed her out for... doing exactly what she was doing. Though, if he really wanted her to stop, she was pretty sure he'd stop giving her exactly what she wanted out of it. It wasn't like he was worried about her cheating on him, after all.

spaceAus' comment on being creeped out if someone grabbed him inappropriately was met with a shrug.
                                                          "Blokes do all sorts of shite to me that's creepy. Hasn't stopped 'em," she pointed out. Some people didn't respect boundaries. If the ring on her finger didn't stop them, she doubted very much if societal conventions and politeness would. The comment on his sexuality surprised her a little more, because he was such a flirt and all, but then again, she supposed that didn't mean much of anything. "I can't imagine sex not being a big deal," she admitted, "but, if it's not... I don't even know where to tell you to look for girls, to be honest. People're always looking for hookups these days." Maybe he should try online dating, she thought with a faint smirk. She kept it to herself, though.

spaceShe was sort of disappointed that he'd figured out her master plan, but he didn't seem all that put out by the prospect, so she supposed it wasn't that bad. His attempt at flirting with her made her pause, then snort, and then burst into full on belly-laughs. The metamorphmagus laid her head down on the bar top, snorting faintly before looking up at him.
                                                          "Dear God, that was adorable. Holy shite. How are you single, again?" Maybe the sex thing had something to do with it... Except, lots of girls weren't really all that into sex, either, for whatever reason. 'Banging the wrong blokes,' she hypothesized, and then moved on. "And yes, trying to get you to dip your toe in the metaphorical pool was my plan. Though, hm. We're in a bar. That might not be the best-"

spaceBefore she could finish the statement, she noticed a girl sitting down towards the end of the bar. She was tiny, so much so that Gypsy almost wanted to call Jer over and ask if he'd made absolutely certain that she wasn't like, twelve. But she noticed something in the girl's eye, and the fact that she didn't seem to be drinking... casing the place? Hm. Pursing her lips, Gypsy gestured towards the girl with her glass, nodding. "Check her out," she said coolly. "She's cute, yeah?" And up to something. If Aus wasn't going to go home with someone, it couldn't hurt to have him play unwitting spy and talk to her, right? "What d'ya think? Your type? Do you have a type, or is 'female' it?"

spaceConsidering for a second, she hopped off her stool, grabbed her friend's arm, and pulled him over to the girl. She looked older up close, but not much. Not that Gypsy supposed she could talk, but she was a metamorphmagus, after all. "Heeeeey," she said cheerfully, earning a startled look from the girl. "Hi, I'm Gypsy, and this is my good friend Austmar. We noticed you were here all alone, and thought that we could keep you company." Her expression grew devious, and she glanced over at Jer. "Or, well. That you two could keep each other company. I have a bartender to flirt with." She winked at Aus, and promptly flitted away, forgoing the barstool to hop up and sit on the bar itself a couple feet from Jer.

spaceConfused eyes watched the colorful woman leave as abruptly as she'd appeared, and narrowed as she approached the exact person Cici had been attempting to observe all night. Damn. Blinking, she glanced at the guy his friend had so unceremoniously abandoned with her, not entirely sure what to make of the whole situation. "Um... what just happened?"

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items