Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Point A to Point B Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:01 pm
Yuri smiled to himself at Ray's words. He was secretly impressed as well, with them both. They'd covered a lot of ground today after all, and they would make it to Sagestone before they knew it.

His smile grew to a smirk though at the woman's observation. "Back in Grande Ile, the lady who runs the inn I stay at, taught me a few things about cooking."

When Ray started tossing little cubs around though, Repede peeked an eye open to look at her.

"Huh? Pokeblock... What is it?" Yuri asked in confusion, never having heard of such a thing.  
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:59 pm
Luke shifted slightly, increasing his focus at the sudden sound of someone talking. He was far from asleep, lethargic though his posture was, and his attention returned with ease. Though not particularly hungry - as per the norm these days, it seemed - he had long since learned the havoc skipped meals could wreak, and so he generally made efforts towards consumption regardless of his appetite. The fact that he was familiar with Yuri's cooking might also have had something to do with that willingness.

The sudden offer from Ray was accepted instinctively, though he realized once the thing was in his hand that he had no idea what it was. Something edible, apparently, but Yuri voiced the question in his thoughts, so he awaited the answer.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:19 pm
"Its a candy, though better used for pokemon, they're really good though, made completely out of berries from Hoenn."
"They're mostly used to help provide special supplements for contest pokemon, These are are some of the last batch I have, from a friend of mine. So enjoy them! I won't be getting anymore like this anytime soon." She gave a snicker.

She settled back against eh grass, stretching her legs out with her ankles crossed, supporting herself up on her elbows as she looked over at the other two.
"You look like you're about to crash." she commented on Luke, noticing just how tired he looked. "We might be losing fifty percent of our party before dinner's even ready huh?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:45 pm
"Are they kind of like poffins?" he asked, remembering the recipe book. It looked close enough to candy, he supposed, not that he was expecting it to be inedible or poisonous or something. Curiously he bit a part from the corner, testing the flavor and texture to avoid surprise.

The comment took him more by surprise, however, and he shook his head slightly, offering a guarantee, "I won't fall asleep that easily." Actually, that simple fact probably had a lot to do with his tired appearance.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 pm
"Mmm! A lot like them actually" she burst, seeming pleased with the question., "When it comes to what they do, and what they're made out of." she made a gesture to the block that he still had.
"But you can see that these are more like candies, while Poffin are baked more like a pastry, those don't travel well at allll, or I would probably be toting those along with, delicious."

The boy seemed to look consistently tired anyway, so his comment was not doubted.
Still she nodded. "Alright, don't fight it though, a young guy like you doesn't want to get these baggy old people eyes" She commented, a finger pulling at the skin under one of her eyes.
"I'm sure baby face here can give all kinds of tips on looking young and spry all the time." She teased, letting her elbows drop as she slipped her hands behind her head.  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:07 pm
Eventually pausing from his cooking, Yuri took a green pokeblock and popped it in his mouth casually. "Damn, that's bitter," he commented. Then tossed a purple one to Repede, who jumped up and caught the candy in his mouth, chewing on it eagerly. The canine wagging his tail as the treat left a spicy flavor in his mouth.

"You like those, huh?" Yuri asked, a little bit surprised.

Listening in on Ray and Luke's conversation though, Yuri then got some plates and began heaping rice into some omelettes he'd made earlier. He then brought a couple plates of the dish over to the pair.

"So there's a couple rules you're gonna have to follow if you're traveling with me," Yuri said, the comment directed at Luke. "First is, you have to sleep at least a few hours each night, and second..." He then handed a plate over to the boy. And if one took notice, his helping looked a little bigger than Ray's. "You have to eat everything that's put in front of you."

Yuri then handed a plate over to the woman as well.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:15 pm
Huh, well that at least helped draw some conclusions about the recipe book. Duly noted. Yuri's appraisal of the taste of the apparent candy block was surprising, though, before he led himself to the assumption that the different colors indicated different flavors. His counted his blessings for the mild sweetness of his lot.

He shrugged dismissively at Ray's warning; it wasn't really within his control how quickly or easily sleep came. Mentally the comment was reinforced as Yuri voiced his own thoughts on the subject, though the dismissiveness was replaced by a faint indignation as he indeed took notice of the relative size of the portion Yuri handed him. Eating when he wasn't hungry was difficult enough already, jeez. "I do sleep at least a few hours a night," he replied, defiant - though a few hours was usually both his minimum threshold for daily function and his maximum yield.  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:59 pm
"And you still look like you could fall over any minute, yeah that's convincing," Yuri said, clearly not impressed with Luke's indignant remark.

"When was the last time you had eight hours?" he then asked, doubting that the red head could even remember when he'd actually slept through the entire night.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:06 pm
Yuri's doubts were inaccurate; Luke knew exactly the last time he had slept for eight hours with only a little consideration. He'd been in a coma, though, so maybe that didn't count. He refrained from comment, frowning lightly.  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:02 pm
Ray took the plate when it was handed to her, gratefully, and for a while she fell silent as she ate, watching the other two and listening to their conversation passingly.
After a time Ray grinned, "Oh come on, you're both young, I think you've got another good... what, eight years before not sleeping takes its toll? I don't know how old are you guys?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:29 pm
Yuri placed a hand on his hip and sighed, deciding to leave this subject for another time if necessary.

"Hey, you'll be of age soon, right?" Yuri then asked, looking over at Luke.

He had never asked Luke's age before, but he remembered seeing the nineteen candles at Asch's funeral. And they were twins... so. It wasn't hard to guess.  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:34 pm
Ray arched an eyebrow, looking over at Luke "You're 17?" she asked,
Yuri had said 'of age' she wasn't sure what that meant, but if she had to gifure it out it of course meant that he would be turning 18 soon. She couldn't say that was a big thing in Unova, but 18 was the first big 'YOU'RE AN ADULT!'

"Oh my gosh, you're a baby!" She burst, taken by surprise "Kids your generation age faster and faster, geeze."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:49 pm
He gave a silent nod in response to Yuri's statement, evading the frown that came with the thought. His birthday, coinciding with Christmas, often turned into some kind of social and political event for House Fabre to keep up appearances. Luke had no doubt that his father would eventually be after him over the subject, and he really didn't feel like talking to his father yet.

Ray's sudden exclamation abruptly stopped those thoughts, however, and he blinked in confusion, offering the correctly quietly, "19." Having been raised in Grande Ile, he had no recognition of the fact that 18 was the standard age of adulthood in other places.  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:05 pm
Ray tilted her head, her brow furrowing slightly. "Ah, this is a Grand Ile tradition." she concluded, holding a hand up in apology "Sorry, my bad. In Unova and.... hmm actually most places I've visited, you're really "of age" when you're 18." She shrugged, scooping more food onto her spoon "Yet, you're still not old enough to drink... hm."

"So what happens during this of age. Is that a big thing or something? you're making it sound like it is."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:11 pm
"Yeah, it's actually a big deal. And he can drink when he turns 20, in Grande Ile anyway."

Yuri then walked away, going to fetch his own food before looking over at the sleeping Sera. "Should I wake her up or something?" he then asked, jabbing a thumb in the girl's direction. Although he was kinda sure she wouldn't want to wake up to his pretty face.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff