Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
The Bond Between (1x1 Ivory_Coated_Stars)(DISCONTINUED T-T) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:27 pm
((Sorry for not responding sooner, I've been busy with moving into the college dorms and college in general and I got sick the first week of school. Bleh. XP))

Xander clicked his tongue in displeasure, his sword otherwise occupied by Shadow's blade. "Out of options? Never." he said with a small grin. He disengaged from Shadow and stepped back from Kress. Sure, he got a rather painful cut on the chin, but it wouldn't kill him. The movement was rather sudden and Shadow barreled forward having been pressing against Xander's blade, trying to harm the other. Shadow nearly clipped Kress with his sword as he almost ran face first into the other's sword. During this moment of chaos, Xander slipped around the two mercenaries and was able to get to the doorway. "I think this calls for a strategic retreat." he said, before bowing rather mockingly and he ran out the door, calling for his guards as he did so.

Darius cursed, regaining his footing. "That coward! I'll kill him!" he hissed, set to run after the man. And yet . . . they had agreed to meet with Kaitlyn once Nicodemus was out safely. And with guards on their way to their position, well, he didn't want to have to fight his way out. He swore. "Let's get out of here before the guards show up. From the sounds it, Kaitlyn got Nick, so . . . we should go." he said, clearly hating to just let Xander walk free.

Kaitlyn got Nicodemus out of the manor with little trouble. It seemed all the guards were preoccupied elsewhere, and the slaves had no love for their master, and were willing to turn a blind eye, though some asked for her to free them as well. She frowned as she made her way to the rendezvous point. She had to just run past the pleading voices. She had no time to stop. Nicodemus was hurt and needed medical attention. The only problem was, she had no idea who to go to since they had basically turned traitor to the guild. Perhaps once they got Alistair out, which should be easy enough if Shadow was as good as he claimed, the man could take Nicodemus to a real doctor. Or at least hire one to make a 'house call'. Preferably one with good discretion. But the question was, did Nicodemus have the time to wait? The kid looked bad. But maybe she was reading the situation wrong. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Since when did everything hinge on chance? This wasn't how she played her game. With her it was all about risk and reward. She didn't play the long odds. She didn't let things teeter on chance. When had she stopped playing her own game? When did she start to care?

Ivory_Coated_Stars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:33 pm
As Xander made his way to his escape, Kress bounded for the door, slashing viciously enough to make a large gash in the wood of the door. He missed. Xander was gone and the guards would be there any moment. "Dammit." Kress said through gritted teeth as he wanted to run after him but stopped at the door. Their mission was complete. Nico was safe. Was killing Xander really worth risking Nicodemus? The crow thought long and hard, his body shaking from anger and adrenaline as he hesitantly sheathed his blade. Shadow was right. Now wasn't the time. Without a word, the male simply looked back at Shadow before leaving the room, heading to the rendezvous point with Kaitlyn.

After an escape from the mansion, Crow stopped at the top of the hill to look down at it, half tempted to burn the place that held so many bad memories for him. The male simply turned around and pressed on to the rendezvous point. Upon reaching it Kress looked over at Kaitlyn, Nico in her arms looking far from okay. Kress ran over to him to look at him. He was pale, and there were marks on his neck from the collar being bound so tightly. "He needs a doctor." Kress stated, though in all honesty, who would they take him to? They were outcasts to the guild, and would probably be killed on sight. Their options were slim.

((OOC: It's okay, I've been a little green around the gills myself))

chibi_blue_eyes

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Destitute Gatekeeper

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:16 pm
Kaitlyn handed Nicodemus over to his brother, watching as Shadow tensed after getting one look at Nico, hanging back, probably fighting off the urges to hurt something. She frowned. "Please tell me you killed that b*****d?" she asked, but the lack of blood was telling her otherwise. She then looked away, her frown deepening as she thought. "We need to get Alistair out." she said softly. "He's . . . Nico's master. And he has more money than the lot of us combined. He could hire a decent doctor. I mean . . . I know some people who owe me favors but . . . He needs a professional." she said, her voice soft in thought.

Shadow growled, his hand clenching on his sword. "So we got Nick out of that hellhole, but now we have to return him to slavery to save his life?! What sort of messed up plan is that?!" he snapped angrily. He liked it less that it turned Alistair into a useful player.

Kaitlyn whirled around, her eyes angry as she glared at Shadow. "The only one we got! Or do you want Nicodemus to die?!" she snapped at him. "That's what I thought . . ." she murmured as he looked properly ashamed. "If you care about Nico half as much as you claim to you should quit caring about that pissing contest you have with Alistair and focus on the fact that Nico needs help. And Alistair might be the only one who can help him now." she scolded him. She then turned to Kress. "We should try and clean his wounds at the very least. And find a place to stay that's out of the elements." she was trying to be the reasonable one here. That was her task. To keep a level head. And yet it was getting more and more difficult the longer she stuck around these boys.

((Aw . . . That's a shame. XP))

Ivory_Coated_Stars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:20 pm
Kress's grip on his brother tightened as he looked at him, unconscious in his arms. A part of him couldn't help but feel as though he failed him in a sense. He made it his livelihood to protect him, yet he ended up in such a depressing state. He gazed over at Shadow and Kaitlyn, as they bickered over what to do. As much as he hated to admit it, Kaitlyn was right. He didn't want Nico to go back into slavery, to go back with that blue blood, but in reality it may have been their only valid choice. With a sigh he looked over at Kaitlyn when she talked about them staying out of the elements. "I know a place that we can go to for now." He said, remembering the lake house that he would...borrow from one of the noble families. They always left it unlocked and in all honesty, it was borderline abandoned. "It's about 30 minutes away by carriage." He said. If they didn't have the money for one they could always swipe it. It wasn't like they hadn't done worse, what's one more on the list?

((OOC: Meh, it happens. Glad you're feeling better though smile ))

chibi_blue_mouse

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Destitute Gatekeeper

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:30 pm
Kaitlyn grinned slightly as Kress mentioned a carriage. "I can get us there in fifteen." she said, ignoring Shadow's eye-roll.

"I'll go get us a carriage then." he said, running off to find a sturdy carriage. If Kaitlyn got hold of the reigns, they'd need one that could handle her crazy driving.

Once Darien left, Kaitlyn looked at Kress, her grin fading away. "Are you alright Kress?" she asked softly. The man looked rather haunted. Well, she didn't blame him, his brother was in a bad state after all.

((Thanks! I'm glad too! I'm just glad the cold didn't move into my chest. I can't handle chest colds. XP I'd have been out for a couple of weeks. XP))

Ivory_Coated_Stars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:22 pm
Kress gently laid his brother against one of the trees until Shadow returned with a carriage they could use. He cracked a small smile when Kaitlyn claimed that she could get them there in fifteen minutes flat. He had no doubts about that, she was a complete speed demon. He learned that the hard way. His back still wasn't completely healed. When she asked if he was okay, Kress's gaze shifted from his brother to the sandy haired woman. A melancholy smile lined his features. "It's been quite a while since you've last asked me that." He said, remembering the last time he heard her ask was when she asked him why he searched the slaves of every manor he completed a job at. "I suppose so. I need to be. That's our job right? To keep a level head in situations like this." He stated looking back down at his younger brother. He couldn't lose it at this moment. He needed to stay put together for Nico.

((OOC:Ugh, chest colds are the worst -.-))

chibi_blue_moon

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Destitute Gatekeeper

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:36 pm
Kaitlyn sighed. "I suppose so . . ." she murmured before she crouched down by Nicodemus. "We should probably get him to eat or drink something once we get to the house." she said softly, looking the kid over. "It might help as well." she said, shrugging a bit. She really was just going off of a whole lot of instinct at this point. "I don't know. What did you and the others do to survive living in that place?" she asked, looking to Kress once more.

Darien arrived five minutes later, a horse and carriage with him. He had really booked it to try and get to the nearest town in a timely manner. He also paid more than the horse and carriage were worth just to get the deals over with quickly. He wasn't going to leave Nicodemus out in the cold longer than necessary. "At least try to take it easy Kaitlyn. If Nick winds up with more injuries at the end of the journey than he has now, I'll-"

"Yeah, I get it, try and drive carefully. "C'mon Kress. You're sitting in the front with me. I need someone to give me directions after all." she said, climbing onto the driver's seat, scooting over a bit to give Kress some room.

Darien hopped down. "I'll watch after him. Make sure he doesn't go flying everywhere." he said, a half-hearted smile on his face. This was not the time to be cracking jokes, but he was so tired of the tense atmosphere that had been following the group since Nicodemus had been taken. He'd be glad once Nicodemus got better and they could all relax.

((Yeah, they really are. XP))
Ivory_Coated_Stars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:15 pm
Kress paused upon hearing Kaitlyn's question, the same one he had received from Shadow in the manor. How did he survive in that god forsaken place. Honestly, the more the crow pondered on it, the less of an answer he had to give. He closed his eyes momentarily in contemplation before dealing his response. "I don't know how to answer that." he said, remembering the countless bodies that he had to drag out of rooms and numerous holes he had to dig. Many dropped dead from starvation of from being overworked. Others were subjected to the "shock treatment." Kress couldn't count how many times he stared death in the face on his appendages. Though in retrospect, Xander loved tormenting him so much that he probably wouldn't have let him die.

Within a few moments, Shadow had returned with a carriage in tow. After reluctantly handing the reigns to Kaitlyn, Shadow took Nicodemus and carefully placed him in the back with him. Kress sighed as he saw his brother so limp and lifeless. It was unusual considering how lively he usually was. The crow averted his gaze from the two before pulling himself next to Kaitlyn. He smiled at her. "I would like for us to get there in one piece, so if you don't mind going easy?" He teased before looking over at the sandy haired woman, awaiting her response.

((OOC: I'm forgetting to put quotes in lol))

chibi_blue_mouse

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Destitute Gatekeeper

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:28 am
Kaitlyn nodded. "We won't get there as quickly, but . . . I'll drive slower." she said, knowing that it really wouldn't be best if anyone got hurt because of her tendency towards reckless driving. She whipped the reigns and the carriage lurched forward, starting towards their destination. She knew it was a tease, but the sentiment behind it was real enough. She knew Kress was worried about his brother. Everything about him was screaming worry for Nicodemus.

With that lurch, Nicodemus stirred slightly, pulled towards the waking world as his wounds were aggravated and his body just screamed discomfort. He felt arms around him, though he wasn't sure to whom they belonged. He moaned a bit, every bump in the road sending a jolt of pain through his body . . . even without the carriage's bumps, his extremities felt a bit . . . tingly, like they had fallen asleep. His fingers and toes felt almost numb . . . Wait, he was in a carriage . . . "Al?" he mumbled out, not quite finding the strength to open his eyes. Yet, he knew Alistair and his family preferred to travel by carriage . . . was Alistair okay? He had told him to escape right?

Darien tensed as Nicodemus stirred and called for that blue-blood. Was that really who he thought of first? Was that master truly so precious to Nicodemus? "No, it's Dare. Remember?" he whispered softly in return, grabbing a hold of Nicodemus's hand, clutching it rather tightly.

Nicodemus's left eye opened a bit, just enough to be able to look up at the ex-mercenary who was holding him. "Mm. I 'member . . ." he said, a small smile on his face, Darien smiling in return. He then winced as the pain caused by the other clutching his hand registered. "Hurts . . ." he mumbled, now also feeling all the other wounds he had accrued during his short, but brutal stay in Xander's clutches.

"Sorry." Darien muttered, letting go of the other's hand. "Just . . . go back to sleep Nick. We're gonna take care of you, okay?" he reassured the other.

Nicodemus frowned. There was something he was forgetting, something missing, but the pull of sleep was strong. And sleep helped numb the pain . . . he passed out before he could quite figure out what was bothering him.

((It's okay. XD))

Ivory_Coated_Stars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:15 am
((Bump!))

Ivory_Coated_Stars

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:34 pm
((Bump again))

Ivory_Coated_Stars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:02 am
With every bump of the road under the carriage wheels, Kress's ocean gaze took a second to dart back. He was paranoid, the fact that even the smallest stir in Nicodemus's wound could prove fatal. He took deep breaths subtly under his breath, trying to keep his heart rate under control as he directed Kaitlyn to their destination. He did what he could to act normal, calm and collected. The truth of the matter: Kress had never been more afraid in his life. Even after watching his home burn to the ground he always had Nicodemus with him. Whenever he was around, Kress felt as though he had to remain strong for his sake. If he were gone...The crow momentarily grit his teeth at the thought before shaking it from his mind. Now wasn't the time to ponder on worst case scenarios. He needed to focus. Kress began making a mental checklist of objectives of what to do. First thing was to get to the destination and administer first aid to Nico to hold him over until they could get some real help. Kress peered up, seeing the vacant home just beyond the trees. "This is it." He told Kaitlyn, alerting her to stop.

-

Alistair felt the blood drip from his lips after feeling another crushing blow to his windpipe. The blonde took a few harsh coughs and gasps for air as he worked to regain his breath. Through labored huffs, he looked up at his assailants. There were three people dressed in black. Two were wearing masks, and one was all too familiar to him. He believed they called him 'Darius'. Alistair's slate gaze stared at them, unyielding and stubborn, though he was sure that attitude of his could very well have him killed. Alistair looked away out of spite, ignoring the man completely before feeling a harsh tug on his hair by the masked blue haired mercenary, causing Alistair to rattle the chain on his chair in frustration. Alistair's gaze was met with Darius's, his jaw clenched. "Now, I'll ask you again blue blood. Where are they?" The man asked, pressing on his wounds. Alistair tasted the irony taste of blood in his throat once more as he coughed up the crimson fluid. Alistair simply smirked in a condescending way, angering Darius even more. The mercenary kicked Alistair in the chest causing the chair he was in to fall to the ground, the chains preventing him from catching himself. The blonde clenched his jaw, doing what he could to prevent himself from letting out a cry of pain as he felt his shoulder dislocate from its socket against the concrete. Alistair lied there, his gaze darting to the three mercenaries towering over him before seeing Darius lift his foot and stomp it against the side of Alistair's face. It was then that one of the mercenaries stopped him, preventing him from killing the male. Alistair looked up at the blonde masked woman before looking down at the concrete. "That's right. Xander wanted me alive for the time being." He thought before feeling Darius withdraw his foot. "Damned brat. Make sure he doesn't die Stella. We'll pick up this conversation again later." Darius said before exiting, the blue haired mercenary following after him.

Upon seeing him leave, Stella swiftly pulled the chair up and sighed, her eyebrows furrowing at the pitiful state Alistair was in. She sighed as she placed her hand on Alistair's dislocated shoulder. "This may hurt a bit." She said before pushing the bones back in place. Alistair felt a jolt of pain stream though his body like lightning before being able to move his shoulder again. It was then that the woman began to feel his chest. "You have no broken ribs, but nearly all of them are fractured, some severely." She said, a look of genuine worry on her face. Alistair raised an eyebrow at the woman, curious about her. He just had to ask. "Why are you here?" The words leaving Alistair's lips cased the blonde woman simply to sigh resignedly, though she never gave an answer. Alistair simply looked at her tired expression and figured it was best not to press the question. Though he did know one thing: this woman took no joy in injuring people. While the other two were torturing him, she simply stood back, her gaze on the floor. Alistair cringed as the woman rubbed a solvent of one of the major cuts resting on his torso. "Ouch. That hurts." He said before Stella spoke. "Stop being a baby. It's going to help you." She said as she continued to work, looking around for a second as if seeing anyone was around. "Thank you." She said softly, causing Alistair to become rather puzzled. One of his assailants were thanking him? "What for?" He said in a slightly confused fashion as he watched her tend to his wounds. She sighed as she explained. "Crow, Kaitlyn, and Shadow are actually a rather good friends of mine. I don't want to see them wind up dead is all." Alistair simply smiled. "I didn't do this for them. But someone dear to me cares about them deeply, So their safety does hold some importance." Alistair thought about Nicodemus, wondering about his state. Alistair only hoped that Nico's situation was better than his own. The blonde closed his eyes for a moment, worried and slightly panicked, causing him to grow rather restless to see the other. The woman simple chuckled under her half mask. "Even so, you have my thanks." Alistair looked at the blonde woman, figuring that it was worth a try to ask her for help. "I can take you to them." He said calmly, before matching the woman's gaze. "Escape with me." The woman's eyes widened at Alistair's proposal, as she seemed tempted by the thought.

chibi_blue_mouse

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Destitute Gatekeeper

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:52 am
Kaitlyn pulled on the reigns, bringing the horse and carriage to a halt. She then reached over and placed a hand on Kress's shoulder. "He'll be fine Kress." she whispered softly. Empty, hollow words, but she wanted to believe them. Though she didn't know if Nicodemus would even survive from his torture, she wanted to give Kress some comfort. Some hope that everything would be okay.

Darien felt the carriage stop and noticed as Nicodemus stirred at the lurching movement again. "Hey Nick." he said softly, smiling down at the other. "We're gonna help you get better. Do you think you can walk?" he asked the just stirring to consciousness brunette.

Nicodemus groaned at the thought of walking, but he did have a stubborn side and so he nodded. He hurt and ached all over, but he had to get better quickly right? Then he could help Alistair . . . wherever he was . . . "I . . . I can walk . . . I think." he said, not quite certain if his body was as up to the task as his mind.

Darien smirked. "Okay, I got a plan." he said, standing up, carrying Nicodemus as he, rather awkwardly made his way out of the carriage. Once out, he slowly lowered the other to the ground, keeping a firm hold of the other in case the wounds proved to be too much and Nicodemus would need to be picked up again.

As it turned out, that was exactly what happened because the moment Nicodemus started to put weight on his legs, he gasped as though all the air had quickly left him and nearly collapsed from pain. His feet were killing him! And though Darien had quickly lifted him up again, his injuries were just flaring in the intensity of pain he felt. Starting from his feet, it seemed as though stabs of lightning ran up the rest of his legs. "s**t . . ." he hissed out, not quite sure why standing would cause such a bad reaction, but then again, the last three days were all a bit of a blur. "Right. No walking . . ." he mumbled, closing his eyes tightly, trying to somehow ward off the pain.

Ivory_Coated_Stars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:29 am
((Over a month later Bump! Quarter system is tough. XP))

Ivory_Coated_Stars

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points