Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Makko Shore Festival Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:27 pm
Ray

"Uh." He frowned. "I really don't know, to tell the truth. I think it's probably a term? He doesn't look anything like any melon I've ever seen."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 pm
"Okay, that just made me more confused." she made a gesture "Bring him out, lets see him."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:35 pm
Ray

He nodded and fished a pokeball out of his bag - it had a decorative capsule attached so that the top half was patterned like his tri-colored volleyball. With a press of the release button, a small bird pokemon appeared beside him, its feathers black and glossy. The pokemon blinked up at its trainer.

"Giant! We're trying to figure out why Mom and Dad said you're melon-colored even though you don't look anything like a melon," the boy explained. He gestured to the other nearby human, "This is-- Uh... Guh, sorry, I never introduced myself." He ducked his head down briefly, momentarily sheepish at his faux pas, but he brightened back up easily, "My name's Shoyo! Nice to meet you - minus the whole being kidnapped by a Crobat thing!"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:43 pm
Crossing her arms while she watched and waited for the boy to bring his pokemon out, contently watching as he pulled a ball out that clearly looked custom, and couldn't help a little grin to herself "You weren't kidding when you say you like Volleyball. Please tell me you're release action in battle is to serve the pokeball onto the field!"

As the pokemon was released however, Ray blinked and leaned down to look at the Hawlucha more closely, the first thoughts through her head were that he really didn't look like any melon she had seen before, but a secon later she made the connection and was suddenly throwing herself back up into a tall stance, and letting out a full laugh.
"Melanism!" She burst out. "Melon! I get it! Oh my gosh kid you are too much! Your pokemon is a Melanistic Hawlucha, it means that its pigments are darker then usual. Melon, I get it, I get it."

It didn't seem like Ray was going to stop laughing anytime soon, but she managed, between her smile and whiping her eye to crouch down to the Hawlucha, looking at both him and his trainer. "Shoyo, Giant. I'm Ray, and this is Impact and Double Stripe."

Seeming put off by the comment that he made, Impact opened his massive wings again, nearly swatting Ray over the head as he took off to land on the back of Shoyo's shoulders again, chirping indignantly at him.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:57 pm
Ray

"Whoa! That'd be really cool!" His eyes sparkled at the thought, and he tossed the pokeball lightly in his hand, wondering if he'd be able to reliably hit such a small target. He supposed he could practice it... Maybe it'd even make his normal serves better too!

Giant looked quietly at the unfamiliar human with large orange eyes. He sometimes wondered about the whole 'melon' thing himself, but it didn't seem like knowing or not knowing would make much of a difference, so he had taken the same perspective on the matter as his trainer: That was just how it was, for one reason or another.

But, it seemed that that wasn't how it was after all, and Shoyo frowned in great confusion. "Okay... I don't really get it, but basically, it's not like the fruit, right?" he concluded. "That sure does make a lot more sense. There's nothing melon-like about Giant at all!"

He turned to confirm his declaration with the Hawlucha when suddenly the Crobat was upon his shoulders, and he flinched in surprise. "Y-You're not supposed to carry people off, remember?" he said, automatically worrying about the worst possible outcome. "Be good, okay?!"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:19 pm
"Yeah wouldn't it? You should develop a toss like that or something, I don't think anyone's ever done that before during a battle. After all, the sport is in part about standing out an making an impression too."
She pointed out.

"Its pretty much the opposite of albinism... in a sense." She said with a light tilt of her head and squinting of her eye "To put it simply anyway, its rare, and pretty darn cool! also without the health problems that albinos usually have."

Ray stood by, watching as Shoyo had to deal with Impact yet again, the Crobat shirking at the smaller boy, pulling himself up higher over his head.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:48 pm
Shaddaling
Lyra

"Oh yes, that would be me," KO replied, a pleased smirk spreading across his face; he knew he was hot stuff of course but it never hurt to hear that others knew it too... especially when they were pretty good to look at themselves. "I guess he must have done; and I'll bear that piece of information in mind," he added with a little nod and extra smirk.

Aijaa

Dith chuckled and nodded; "Da! I could maybe do with getting a hat myself actually, maybe we can look together? At least we have a high vantage point to look from!" There were pros and cons to being giant, one of the cons being that it was a little... lonely? Not quite the right word, but still it was good to meet somebody else who understood the less fun aspects of being out-sized. "I live in Camphoreon, I work at the hospital," Dith continued as he cast around for any sign of a hat-related staff. When he didn't immediately spot one he turned back to Lu and added; "You?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:46 am
TawnyAngel

Dith chuckled and nodded; "Da! I could maybe do with getting a hat myself actually, maybe we can look together? At least we have a high vantage point to look from!" There were pros and cons to being giant, one of the cons being that it was a little... lonely? Not quite the right word, but still it was good to meet somebody else who understood the less fun aspects of being out-sized. "I live in Camphoreon, I work at the hospital," Dith continued as he cast around for any sign of a hat-related staff. When he didn't immediately spot one he turned back to Lu and added; "You?"

Lu laughed, "Yeah, I guess the stands aren't very tall though... all these short people, th-they kind of block the view of everything." Ah, yes, the sweet feeling of being able to call people short with no one around to get offended. Sure, someone just under 6 feet tall might not be considered short on average, but to giants they were still puny. Lu was pretty sure this Dith guy was a little taller than him. Lu was pretty happy. Lu glanced about for any signs of somewhere that might be selling his most desired sunhats, but clammed up a bit when Dith asked about him. "O-oh, well, I'm from Sagestone." Made sure not to say 'living in', check! So it wasn't a complete lie... "I work, uh, part time, for my mom's clinic. Secretary work, n-nothing serious." That was convincing, right? He did used to work there, after all. Lu busied himself trying to find a shop- and then, very quickly, added, "Oh! I think, I think I saw something over that way!" He pointed off in the distance at a cluster of stands, and started off for them. "I guess this i-is a long way for you to come?"  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:53 am
"A clinic you say?" Dith asked, smile widening a little and brows raising with interest as he turned to head in the direction Lu had indicted. "What sort of clinic is that then? Mmh, and yes it is quite a way especially after a long stint of long shifts! I swear I nearly fell asleep half way here which is kind of hard to do when you're riding a Rapidash going full pelt! Still, worth the trip, it's nice to do something different and I have new friends and got a new pokemon." It was a pretty good afternoon all told but he would be finding himself somewhere to stay in town for the night, he didn't fancy riding home again.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:14 pm
"Mm, yeah... well, it was just a small one- er, it is a small one, n-nothing major. Mostly for families and children, we try to focus on organic and home grown remedies..." Or at least, they used to. Lu hadn't been home or had any kind of contact with his family in almost a year now; so much could have changed and he had no idea if the clinic was still open and run by his mother. He hoped they took care of his garden, at least.

Lu laughed at the idea of Dith falling asleep on a travelling pokemon. "Probably better you didn't fall asleep... I think the ground might hurt, probably a lot, if you fell. K-kind of a long fall too, right?" He said, offering a sheepish grin. "Did you get a Luvdisc too?" He asked, hoping to move as far away from conversation about work. As they walked, the shops came closer and he managed to get a better look- and aha! Towards the end of the row, he saw a rack of hats. Perfect! Lu changed his course for them.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:36 pm
insidiousEnigma

Zacharie watched the exchange between the two men with some confusion. From the way that Andre rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest you would think that he'd be annoyed...but the fond smile completely ruined any illusion of that. Vincent's words made it seem as if the blond was actually upset about it...but his light tone and laughter made it obvious that it was all in jest.

...These two were confusing.

The teen blinked owlishly up at Vincent, obviously having not been paying particularly close attention. "...Whichever way would be easiest for you to teach me with." He said slowly, loosening his grip on the squirming Peldes so she could jump out of his arms. "I brought a collapsible net but I must admit that I hadn't thought that I would be doing any fishing so I'm quite limited in such items." As the little Absol began to paw at his sneakers, Andre picked the pokemon up as he glanced around. "Perhaps just a strong stick and wire will be sufficient enough." He suggested, idly petting the cooing pokemon's head.

Vincent snorted, coming over and wrapping an arm around Zacharie, pulling him, and consequentially Peldes, into a half hug. "Kid, you're adorable, y'know that? We can borrow a pole, don't worry 'bout it. I'm sure we could rig one too, but lets try a good ol' sturdy one for our first shot, huh?" Vincent patted Zacharie on the head once, then went off to find a rod to borrow. He came back with it, looking mighty victorious, and held it up for Zacharie to see. "Now! See, the trick to holding it is..." And then he was shoving the rod into Zacharie's hands(sorry, Peldes), standing behind him to help him get the rod right. "Y'wanna swing it back, but not so hard your hook gets caught on somethin', then swing it forward hard as y'can and get it out t'sea! Give it a shot!"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:25 pm
TawnyAngel
Kirk

"Please, do. I would say, please screw him senseless, but then I would loose any reputation I have of an responsible adult that does not meddle in my brothers affairs." Lyra replied airy. "Though, how has he been? Did he get in trouble again?"  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:07 pm
Aijaa

Ooooh, home grown remedies? Dith quietly hoped that Lu's family wasn't into homeopathy or something equally ridiculous. Natural cures he could take - when they worked - but when they were nothing but pseudoscience he.... didn't want to go into that with a nice young man he'd just met and so he nodded and offered a neutral-to-approving; "Cool.

"And yes," he continued with a laugh and a shake of his head, "Dolly is a tall girl herself and with me on top of that, long way to fall and probably at high speed. Not good! Ah, no though," he shook his head, "I fished up a Wooper! It will be interesting, I've never trained a ground type before... or a pokemon that oozes poison so I will have to be careful with that- Oh! Hats!" Though Dith had changed course with Lu he only spotted them when they were practically on top of them. "I am not observant today," he observed with a grin to Lu.

Shaddaling

"When is he not in trouble, or causing trouble?" KO replied, keeping general because he didn't know how much Lyra knew... and even if she knew everything she shouldn't and he wasn't going to be responsible for giving her more information or backing up anything she'd already been told. A man could get fitted with concrete boots for that sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:24 pm
"Yeah... it's, uh, it's nice. I mean, I can't do anything with actual medicine, but I know about plants..." Dith had said he worked in a hospital, right? "My mom dealt with that. Y-you, um, are you a doctor? Or, nurse, or...?" Lu had briefly considered going into being a doctor before, but he wasn't comfortable looking at needles, let alone sticking them in someone. What if he accidentally killed them, somehow? No, he'd leave the professionals to being doctors. He'd manage a garden. Easier not to kill.

Lu laughed quietly at the talk of falling a long ways- whenever he tripped or stumbled, the ground always seemed suddenly a lot farther away. "A Wooper? I guess you'll need some gloves, or something... maybe a kiddie pool..." Would a Wooper like its own kiddie pool to swim and ooze in? ...Probably, but Lu didn't know any Woopers personally. Instead, he picked up one of the biggest, floppiest sunhats he could find, and placed it on his head. He looked at Dith, amused, "M-maybe the sun is just in your eyes. They have sunglasses, too, those are supposed to make you look cool..." Lu shuffled forward and grabbed a pair of sunglasses, slipping them on under the hat with an unsure grin.  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:24 pm
TawnyAngel

"Both, all of the above, just hoping he didn't get injured. And I do think he got his fluffy head injured." Lyra huffed, eyes half closed. "Which isn't surprising... just, want to know what ever he managed to do to himself isn't life threatening or permanent."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff