Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Don't Get Cold Feet! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:42 pm
[Rook et al]

Humm. Well that all sounded very idealised but it also also sounded true, he couldn't argue with it and so he nodded. "Perhaps I should have had one of my pokemon sneak up and try to detach the pokeballs rather than having them attack?" he suggested with a hint of query in his tone. "I suppose I could have had one of the ghosts invisibly cause a diversion too. Humm. I wonder if it's worth dying their coats before a mission? That would solve the issue of them being potentially recognised in future."

It would have been nice to be told he was perfect but he already knew he was in pretty much any way that mattered and so he would much prefer to be given suggestions on how to be a better operative; that would mean he stood a better chance of survival, and of moving up the ranks of course.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:53 pm
[Rook, returned Rockets]

Rook mentioning his name made the trainee glance up to pay better attention. While he didn't fully agree with everything she said, he couldn't help but cede that he had failed at both the sneaking and silence portions. Personal injury - ha. That sounded familiar; the persistent burning on his skin and eye could attest to that. All the same, he had succeeded in acquiring pokemon per the general objective, but had failed in his methods of so doing. He frowned while he mulled it over, trying to think of how else he could have achieved his goal.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:55 pm
[Cyclist]

Legretta flicked her wrist, enforcing her recall of the Chimecho with a stern expression. Rinpalim drifted reluctantly back into her grasp - his gentle chimes were something in the manner of an apology. The woman took him into her arms, reassuring him with slow strokes that not only added to his song, but was not unlike one might cradle a cat.

She found herself in a rather sticky position. Taking out the Dewott while his trainer slept might have been best; now she had two pokemon to deal with, two pairs of eyes that would surely pose a problem were she to try and further incapacitate their master. His recalling at least one of the 'mon would be her best bet...but she would definitely have to take steps soon. Even with the threat of officers in the area, a little voice in her head told her that there was such a thing as too cautious.

"Chime~!" One of Rin's notes changed slightly. It was one that they had worked out before; a definitive change of octave, as close as the Chimecho could come to yelling 'Hey! Listen!' at Legretta. Rebar peeked out at them from a bush, wondering briefly if she was still supposed to come and play. Legretta's eyebrows lifted subtly, her eyes just flickering to the towel beneath the cyclist's hand, before the Eevee was upon it. She moved deftly, trying to grab the towel in tiny teeth, and wiggle back out of reach once more.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:08 pm
[Scientist]

“Here? You saw it here? That is so surprising, especially since it is temperate. Have you seen any other rare Pokémon? I’ve heard about shinnies, but I haven’t seen any.” He sighed and wandered over to the scientist. “I think the rarest one I have is my Dragonair. But she is Pokémon shy.” He looked at the camera. “Does that show digital pictures? Because I really want to see that articuno, the actual one if you managed to get a pic.”

Slipstream grinned. She grinned sharply and paused looking up.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:00 pm
[Santela]

The boy's Skiddo slowed to a trot, though it didn't stop, apparently eager to get to their destination. The child on top looked to the approaching stranger and beamed brightly, "Yeah! They came from the Kalos region and they evolve into Gogoat! They're cool because you can ride them around places!"

[KO]

"Creating a distraction is a sound strategy, when applicable," the elite replied with a nod. She gestured to Clancy, "Clancy was able to acquire his pokeballs with a simple 'what's that over there' routine - granted, it probably wouldn't have worked as well on a more attentive trainer, but reading your target's personality and priorities is also key to creating a successful distraction. As for dying your pokemon's coats, it may be a good course of action, at least for the next few months or so."

She then gestured to the portfolio KO carried, "If you'd like to check for something you want to keep before submitting the rest to storage, now's a good time for that."

[Sync]

Having more or less completed her evaluation with KO, she then turned to Sync, "I've already covered the major points of your assessment, but nonetheless: How do you feel about your acquisition?"

[Legretta]

"Ah--" The cyclist, surprised by the sudden appearance the Eevee, dropped the towel and stared after the pokemon. After spending a brief moment looking quite baffled, he laughed good-naturedly, "I suppose someone wanted that towel more than me! It is around nesting season, I suppose; shouldn't be surprised."

[Pulse]

"I once saw a shiny Eevee, a long time ago!" the man responded, smiling at the memory. "Shiny pokemon are really something else. They have this sheen to them that just doesn't show up in pictures - not in a way that really shows what it's like, at least." He looked momentarily to the camera in his hands, its long strap looped around his neck to keep it from falling. "It is digital, yes, but I'm really disappointed to say that I didn't get a photo of the real Articuno. By the time I noticed it, it was already too late to set up a decent shot, so I just asked Ditto to mimic it instead."

The false Articuno turned its head in the opposite direction, ""  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:22 pm
[Rook, returned Rockets]

Since her attention returned to him, Sync took the opportunity to offer her the stolen pokegear and the pair of pokeballs that dangled from it. Her question required a bit of thought first, though his response was limited a bit as he tried not to talk overmuch. "Could've gone--" he paused to cough a few times before continuing, "--better." While he'd originally felt pleased with his results - he'd succeeded in stealing her pokemon, after all, as well as some sort of musical device - after the assessment, he felt almost as though he may as well have failed. "I could've used something to keep her attention so she wouldn't have noticed me in the first place. Sloppy, at best," he finished after a bit more coughing. Damn that pepper spray... He'd need more practice if he wanted to be useful to the organization.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:36 pm
[Sync]

She took the offered pokegear into her hand and manipulated the ribbon until the pokeballs were disconnected, listening to Sync speak as he did so. She couldn't help but crack a faint smirk at his opening comment, but she returned herself to a neutral, level expression by the time she responded, "Being able to recognize your own failings is a good quality and one that many trainees, especially younger ones, tend to lack, so you're doing well in that area. The only thing I have to add is that you should be more aware of your pokemon. Your tools can't be useful unless you put them to use." She gestured to the pokeballs she'd detached from the pokegear, "Speaking of pokemon, you're free to check as well, if you're interested in the idea of keeping one. Otherwise I'll just add them to the storage bin."  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:21 pm
[Youngster]

"I doubt I can ride one," she chuckled lightly, debating on where to bring her Servine in this occassion to gain the boys trust a bit more ", I have never been to the Kalos region, so that might explain why I have never seen one. I am from the Unova region, so I know a lot of different pokemon than you do from there."  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:02 pm
Quote:
[Adam]

The young woman turned in the Growlithe's direction looking briefly startled by the unexpected sound, but a serene smile quickly replaced the expression. "It's quite all right, sir," she replied in a soft voice. "My, isn't he just perfectly adorable?" She knelt down as well, tucking the skirt of her dress against her knees as she did, and extended an inviting hand to the fire-type.

[Beauty]

Adam smiled broadly and nodded, "He is adorable, that's for certain." Manny slowly floated behind, approaching the duo. Flicking his eyes to the ghastly, he returned to smile at the woman, "I hope he didn't startle you too much, really."

The growlithe, pleased to have attention, promptly rolled onto it's back and exposed it's delightful soft looking tummy. Adam nearly snorted at the playful, and endearing, attitude. This was the monster that chased him and Izaya through the halls? Jeeze.

Manny took a larger arc and swept off to the side and hopefully from the Lady's periphery vision. Then he approached slowly, using Adam as a visibility shield, from their back. He'd learn to stalk and scare pokemon and people alike in a similar manner.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:26 pm
[Cyclist]

She would gasp at Rebar's appearance, letting go of the Chimecho and waving a hand at the Pokemon as if to shoo it away. "Oh, but that's yours," she protested, attempting to further scare the impish, chirping little theif off with a crisp, clear whistle. Several things happened all at once.

Rinpalim would wait until he judged the trainer's attention was on the Eevee, and then unleash a ringing Confusion- hoping the added proximity would help to stagger the young man.

Rebar would drop the towel and dart over to the exposed Shuppet, kicking up a vigorous Sand Attack at the ghost.

Legretta didn't immediately hear Acaiph, but it would only be a matter of time; he wouldn't abandon the signal if he could help it. She stepped back to give Rinpalim room to work, gaze darting in attempt to track every detail at once. As she went, she would try to tip over the bike as well: no sense having to chase her quarry if she could avoid it.

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

Chibi_Kokoro143

Garbage Hoarder

13,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:29 am
[Rook with Rockets, Sync, Clancy]

She paled slightly and reach towards the her cap. "My...hair?"

With a slightly horrified look she looked at the other Rockets, listening on how well their assignments go.

As she listened to Rook's feedback she nodded. "What would happen if you cannot deceive your target? I was hasty when it didn't work and I didn't know what to do. Should i have stopped and followed him and get him off guard? I should have been more patient watching my target. I didn't know he had a radio on him."

When she was finished, she took a bottle of water from her pack and gave it to Sync, who started coughing. Then she sat by Clancy taking out her pokeballs and inspecting them.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:45 am
[Santela]

"Nuh uh!" the boy exclaimed, sounding somewhat offended. "I know all of the pokemon! I learned all about them before I even became a trainer!"

[Adam]

"I don't mind being startled by pokemon, truly," the young woman replied, gently rubbing the Growlithe's exposed belly. "They're all so lovely in their own ways; I love meeting them."

[Legretta]

"Oh, it's no big thing, I've got more at home!" the cyclist said, turning to Legretta to reply to her almost simultaneous with the Chimecho's decision to attack. The cheer fell from the man's face, replaced with surprise, and he raised his arms to guard his face. The force of the move caused his posture to falter, and he lowered one arm to prevent himself from falling over; however, since he'd never stood up following his impromptu nap, the attack only moved him but so much. "M-Ma'am!" he said, startled by the sudden attack, "your thing is--!" He jumped as the sound of his bicycle falling interrupted him.

The Shuppet, angered that the strangers were attack them, released a hellish hiss, followed by a short, vague warning to the effect of, "I'm gonna do it!"

The Dewott replied with a positive and closed its eyes, and its action was followed immediately by a flood of blinding light emanating from the Shuppet - Flash. Using its companion's move for cover, the Dewott then launched itself straight at Legretta, viciously aiming its Aerial Ace for her face.

[Michiko]

Rook took a brief moment to consider the breadth of the question before giving Michiko her answer, "Most likely, yes - backing off and returning to stealth might have helped you find a more feasible opening. Perhaps you should have waited until he was closer to some kind of cover that you could have hidden behind and had your Sharpedo use its Hydro Pump from there, out of sight." She raised a shoulder slightly in a partial shrug, "I mentioned this to Pulse earlier, but it applies to any and every mission you'll ever participate in: There's no such thing as a guaranteed chance of victory. Even if you have the most airtight plan in the world, you should still expect things to go wrong. All you can do is search for the course of action that presents the fewest risks and prepare to adjust your plan accordingly if things start going off-track."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:52 am
[Cyclist]

On one hand, the woman was kind of pleased that the young man still saw fit to warn her about Rin's actions. Maybe he thought she was just an exceptionally poor trainer or something; more importantly, it meant that he didn't expect foul play just yet. On the other hand, Legretta didn't know if she should be praising her own acting skills or the man's exceptional gullibility.

Either way, it was probably best to keep it up. While the cyclist's eyes were covered, Legretta moved to kneel beside him - close to the belt that was her target. This, like the command, was a lie. The woman's hands were no where near her pokeballs, but they had wrapped around a small blade, with which she aimed to cut the man's belt. "Arceus, no! Chimecho, ret-"

Flash. Legretta knew it immediately, her eyelids filled with searing, awful light. She groaned and dropped into a crouch, one arm rubbing at her eyes like she could pressure the pain away. Faintly, she caught the sounds of Dewott passing overhead. A small smile quirked her lips despite the horrid spots blaring behind her eyelids. It figured that pokemon wouldn't miss an opportunity like this.

But then, neither would hers. Acaiph plunged down out of nowhere. The Pidgeot's strong talons aimed to pluck the Dewott from the air, even as it doused the area with a Whirlwind.

Though Rebar's Sand Attack had not blinded the ghost, the outpouring of earth had helped deflect some of it's Flash. With a wild snarl, the Eevee launched herself at the Shuppet, fangs bared to Bite.

Meanwhile, Rinpalim, despite the waning jingle that announced the little guy was running out of steam, continued to dance around behind the cyclist's head. He released another Confusion in hopes of addling the trainer - or at least to keep him down.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:46 am
[Rook, Michiko, et. al.]

This elite certainly had a different manner to the ones he was used to. As KO listened to her speak to Michiko he decided that this was no bad thing, constructive criticism without the aggression was a nice change.

"Few plans survive first contact with the enemy completely intact," he added as he opened the first of the three pokeballs to see what was inside; opening all three at once seemed like a potentially poor idea. KO kept the unknown pokemon's ball raised, ready to pull it back again if it looked violent. Or huge. Or both.

(Edited because I thought you could scan pokeballs with a dex XD)  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:25 am
[Scientist]

"I wish I could see a shiny pokemon." Pulse sighed and paused. "Ooh, but I do have an odd looking one. Would you like to see it?" He asked, and started to check the pokeballs around his waist. "Hmm, I know I have it somewhere."

Slipstream She examined her claws, flexing them.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games