Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis. (Open and Accepting!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aidian Kyros

Generous Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:22 am
Lord Sithious

And shepherds we shall be...

Aidian snapped to attention, standing perhaps even straighter than he had. There were a thousand questions shooting through his mind in that moment, but he knew better than to ask right now. They would tell him everything he needed to know when they were ready. As he turned and left the room, he didn't dare relax, even for a second until he was alone in the elevator ascending back to the main floor. Exhaling heavily, Aidian leaned back against the cold steel wall of the elevator and lowered his head. One night with his kids and then he had to go back to the fighting, and this time it was more confusing than ever before. Once again he found himself regretting ever accepting his commission. The days of accepting black and white orders and carrying them out were so much easier, but ever since he became an officer everything was gray. It was impossible to make the right choice, because most of the time there wasn't one. Home and family or king and country? No matter what he did he felt he would be wrong, but if nothing else he knew he had to protect his children in any way he could. Besides, if I'm not leaving the country for this one and things fall apart, I can always find my way home... The little voice in his head betrayed to him his own feelings of what his country had become. He was not a deserter or a coward, but having been keeping close tabs on the news lately he knew his superiors were just as much to blame for the state of everything as his enemies were.

With all of this coursing through his mind, Aidian made his way out of the building and climbed into his jeep. It would only be a couple of hours before he saw his kids, and with that thought in mind he smiled and headed for home.

(minor time skip)

Arriving in his driveway, Aidian climbed out and watched his kids come running out of the house, screaming out 'Daddy's home!' as they did. Putting on his best smile, Aidian dropped down to one knee and caught them both, picking them up and hugging them tight. "Did you two little heathens behave for miss Alicia?" They smiled and began regaling him with their exploits over the last few months as his live in babysitter came outside grinning. As his kids continued with their stories he looked over their shoulder and smiled at her, mouthing a big thank you for everything. She nodded, returning his smile and grabbed his youngest from him as they all headed inside.

The next few hours were spent at play in the backyard until Alicia had cooked dinner, and afterwards they all sat in the living room watching cartoons. Aidian sat on the couch with his kids on either side as Alicia sat curled up in the chair a few feet away, reading a book. As the two began to get drowsy he carried them upstairs and tucked them into bed, kissing each on the forehead before leaving their bedroom and heading back into the living room. Dropping back on the couch with an exhausted sigh, Aidian stared at the TV, not even seeing the animated cat and mouse chasing one another on screen. Alicia got up from her chair and sat next to him.

"Hey, you should be happy! You're home again and you won't have to ship out again for another month!" she said with a cheerful tone.

Snapping from his stupor, Aidian glanced at her for a moment before looking back at the TV. "I have to leave again tomorrow. My superiors told me they have another mission and they gave me a choice, but the way they worded it... I didn't really have a choice." His voice was gloomy and depressed, but inside he was steeling himself for the hardest thing he's ever had to face; telling his children goodbye.

Her smile faded and suddenly she looked very sad. Her cheerful demeanor disappeared completely and she too turned and stared at the television. For awhile they sat quietly until Aidian finally picked up the remote and changed the channel to one of the news stations. Maybe he'd be able to pick up on something there about what he was supposed to be doing in this mission.

...For thee my Lord for thee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:54 pm
Phoenix347

Xelyn_X13

The_Sane_Hatter

irigan kitsune

Lord Sithious

xlKoralx

SixSteelStrings

Yue Belmont

Mister Winchester

loth17

Aidian Kyros

(OOC: Slightly shorter absence this time, but sorry again! Certain parts of my life are ah... Well, let's just say they require consistent maintenance, but I'm hoping things will be smoother for a while at least. Also, I was keeping an eye on the roleplay, hoping that those who were at the black market might have more to post. I don't want to skip us ahead until everyone has more or less given me a thumbs up. So, black market folks, if you have more to do, please post soon if you can, thank ya!)

Vincent smiled and nodded at Leila's remarks. Temperature might not help Snow, but Vincent himself had always found the Mediterranean to be quite beautiful, especially on the beaches. He could never bash a British beach, but the truth simply was that Southern France, or beaches in another country in that area, fit nicely between being like a Caribbean or Californian beach, and being like a British beach (which typically just didn't seem quite as 'warm' he supposed).

As Leila continued speaking about the process of helping Snow with the adoption, he couldn't help but wonder how Snow might do as a father. He seemed nice and caring to be sure, but would he have the skills required? Well, if Snow wasn't totally ready, Vincent knew that he'd be smart enough to ask for help, and regardless, no one could fault him for wanting to improve the life of a child.

Despite the talk of the child though, Vincent perked up considerably more as Snow began talking about the issue he'd been having. Vincent was silent as Snow went on, saying nothing but taking everything in. The whole thing was disgusting, but not something Vincent was unfamiliar with. When his troops pushed South into Africa, they were faced with armies where children were among the ranks. Few things on Earth as a soul crushing as that. They did manage to save a few thousand children from that, but some just couldn't be, usually from circumstance. Vincent remained silent, but smiled as Snow mentioned his soon-to-be-daughter's name. "That's a lovely name Snow. I can say with some certainty you'll make a great father." The smile started to fade as Vincent began to think more about the favor.

"Japan isn't a country that typically does stuff like this... I suspect one of the Japanese nationalist parties is partly responsible for this. Tensions have always been high between them and China for decades now, this is probably the culmination of an 'arms race', so to speak. China and Russia have been trying to build upon their armies long enough though, a generation of 'super soldiers' is not something I'm surprised they're looking for." Vincent went silent for a moment. "Dealing with situations like this are not easy, bureaucracy always gets in the way of doing the right thing. I'd like to think this is over, but I think it's merely the beginning, and I don't think this arms race is going to end at child soldiers."

Clearing his throat for a moment, Vincent took another sip of his drink and continued speaking. "The situation will likely continue until it's dealt with directly. I would personally do a lot more, but with the UN meeting right now, I can't really risk stirring the pot any more. My men have never been in direct combat with the Chinese, and if that did happen, it could... Well, escalate rather quickly." Vincent went quiet as he thought, studying Snow a bit, thinking over the whole situation. "Once the UN conference is over, I'll see what I can do."

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

irigan kitsune

Gracious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:38 am
Lord Sithious

Yue Belmont

Leila heard Snow's side of the story and sighed when Vincent finished speaking. "Really, Snow? You have just about every country on you about this program of yours. Maybe it's time to change your demographic. I can't save every child nor threaten every country with blackmail you know." she told him and looked to Vincent. "As for you, don't take unnecessary risks. We don't need another war and we don't need innocent people getting hurt if we do get involved." she said looking at both men in the eye. "Now, we need to go because I do have to be at that meeting to represent my country and everything I brought is at Snow's place." she told the two standing after awhile. She thought the name for the baby was beautiful but with the topic at hand. It was quite serious.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:40 pm
Smiling, Snow nodded as Vincent spoke, his eyes slowly returning to their normal lilac. "I would hope so... I haven't even met her and I love her with my everything. I just wish September was here." Coughing again, Snow glanced at the ground as the mention of Japan and China. "I just really hate that they think they can just put children in a box, on a plane and then in a truck and just .. At least Leila helped me out." He looked at Leila then, standing up and stretching his arms above his head, a slight yawn escaping his mouth. "We can discuss this after the UN meeting, yeah?" He ignored Leila's remark and took a drink of his Gin & Tonic, glancing at the door. "Tomorrow should be interesting."

Yue Belmont

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:34 pm
Julia was sitting in her lab fiddling with the suit of armor. "Who did he buy this part from? It is simply dreadful. I need to have a talk with him about his choice in part manufacturer." She huffed as she went to her drawing board to figure out a better way to fit the armor together. With only Julia made parts, of course.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:04 pm
Mister Winchester
(( oh balls. Ummm, ya'll got rerl far rerl fast? Is anyone in the need for drugs? medicinal healings? back rub? eye of newt or some black market cybernetics? I.e. idk how to enter. sweatdrop ))

OOC: I will be entering with my character shortly you could make a post about waiting in my guys office building in Tokyo or something I'm sure we can work a deal ^^  

GalaxyCommander

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:41 pm
Phoenix347

Xelyn_X13

The_Sane_Hatter

irigan kitsune

Lord Sithious

xlKoralx

SixSteelStrings

Yue Belmont

Mister Winchester

loth17

Aidian Kyros

(OOC: Sorry for the wait folks, last night was a late night for me, fell asleep at the keyboard for a while. The risks of using my bed as my "desk". xp Anyways, time to tarry forward!)

As the grey haired man watched Aidian leave the room, he turned to the other men sitting beside him. "Well gentlemen, I'd say he's a good start. Seems loyal, and hopefully won't ask too many questions." The other men merely nodded in agreement. The man turned around and flicked on a computer screen again, and a strange figure appeared on. It was a man (presumably) dressed in a black cloak, wearing what appeared to be the 'comedy mask' that you often see with theaters. "Mr. Bentley," the grey haired man said. "Good to be speaking with you again. I'm sure I don't need to remind you, but the United States thanks you for your assistance with the matters we put before you."

A muffled kind of giggling could be heard from the other end. "Oh, now you're making me blush! HAH! But let's be honest, I think everyone in your country, left wing and right wing, would burn down D.C. if they knew about me. At any rate, our deal still stand. I'll conduct my research, you'll keep your noses out of my business, forever, and we'll both do away with a mutual enemy!" The man began to laugh maniacally. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some salesmanship to do." The screen went blank. The man, known as Adam Bentley, continued to make his rounds around the black market, staying out of most people's way, but handing out 'business cards' to people he considered might be good customers. Tonight would be interesting, but tomorrow would be better he suspected.

The grey haired man sighed as he sat back down. "I hate that man. But sometimes, you have to shake hands with the devil gentlemen." He went quite as everyone began to pack up and leave.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincent smiled as Leila chastised him. "Don't worry yourself Leila, I started my business to end wars, not make more." He nodded as she mentioned that they had to leave. "Fair enough. Well, I hope you both enjoy the show tomorrow." He smirked as he said that, trying to demean the UN a little more. However, it softened a little as Snow spoke about Hollis, though the talk about China and Japan seemed to dampen the mood a bit. Vincent nodded to Snow and Leila at the mention of her assistance, feeling glad that she could step in and do something for Snow. "Certainly, we can talk after. As long as they don't put me behind bars." He smirked. "But yes, it will be interesting." Vincent smiled and said his goodbyes as they left. Turning around and walking towards the bedroom window, he sighed a little as he thought over the events that would occur tomorrow. "It certainly will be interesting." He whispered to himself.

The next day was hectic. It was a busy NYC day, like any other, but TV screens all over the city, and the country, were flooded with news images of the UN conference that was about to occur. Hundreds of protestors stood outside the UN building, some cheering on Vincent, others calling for him to be put behind bars, or even executed in some cases. As his limo pulled up to the building, Vincent sighed slightly to himself. 'Deep breaths', he reminded himself. Stepping out of the car, Vincent was met with a rush of cheers and boos, all rushing to him at once. He walked towards the entrance, back straight and shoulders back. There was a confident smile on his face, as if this was just a lovely Saturday morning or something. Of course inside he felt nervous beyond belief. He's never managed to shake off being nervous in front of crowds, he's just learned to push himself, to enjoy it, and to look good doing it. Stopping at the entrance, Vincent turned around and gave a wave to the crowds, both those cheering and those booing. Once he finished, he turned around and walked inside.

The entrance was alight with reporters, all asking him a myriad of questions. "Ladies and gentlemen", he said with some confidence. "Your questions are likely the same questions the lovely folks of the UN are going to ask me, so perhaps it would be in your best interests just to watch that." He smiled, nodded, and continued walking. After a few minutes, Vincent and his entourage finally reached a large set of doors. They waited for a moment as few guards checked them over, spoke into a headset, and then finally waved Vincent through. He walked down a long aisle, right in the center of all the delegates, being watched like a bug under a microscope. Vincent found the whole thing rather amusing, and smirked as he approached a chair and podium set up at the middle of the room, so that the delegates, news crews, and those at the front (who would be questioning him) could see him. Once he reached his chair, Vincent sat down, placed the ankle of his right leg over his left knee, and took a drink of the water at the podium. 'Time for the circus to begin', he thought.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:45 pm
(OOC: Bump. :3 )  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:29 pm
(Just gonna bump this again, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet. Yes, I know I'm far too impatient. xp )  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:11 pm
||Akuro Spade||
||Location; New York UN building||
||Company; Guards||
||OOC; I would like to know what design you use for the ironman so I can find an appropriate opposite.||

The blackmarket sale went well, after selling the prototype armor vehicles to some European terrorist group from Germany the Barus rifles came through and were sold along with the Scorpion rifles. After selling the products and leaving with the payment, Akuro used a middle man to set up a dinner appointment with the russian activist representative for the next day. Whether he showed up or not, Akuro was going to enjoy one of the finest five star steaks in the world. He let Ivonne go for the night and returned to his hotel to sleep before the UN meeting.

The next day Akuro prepared himself as usual and was driven to the UN building. Even while owning several companies, he wasn't a high political figure so he didn't have anyone to worry about aside from questions about Celestial Cybernetic's current progress and their test subjects. Thankfully cybernetics weren't a very big topic in press so there were only three reporters that asked him questions before he made it inside. He and his men made their way through security, relinquishing their obvious sidearms.

They were safe in the UN building, since the Union didn't even take the organization seriously in their efforts. Akuro expected a couple other members to be present or at least watching the event through the news. Akuro had an area arranged for him and his detail as well as Ivonne if she showed up. With little of the press in the room, it was mostly some of the representatives and the assistants preparing their areas before Vincent arrived. Akuro leaned back in the seat, intertwining his fingers and resting them on his lap before putting one leg over the other, relaxed for the commotion that entered at the same time as Vincent.

The_Sane_Hatter

xlKoralx

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:27 pm
When the Barus rifles came onstage, Greg wasted no time in purchasing a crate of them, after taking note of the features mentioned by the sales representative. With a little assistance, he moved his crate of rifles out of the way of the rest of the market, and began devouring the manuals, and the cake, that had been included in the purchase. So understandably, he was preoccupied with other things when he was approached by a middleman for the Union. Finally, he looked up from the manuals, if only to easier facilitate the guidance of cake into his mouth, and noticed him standing there.
"Mmmph, oh hrmello dere. Can I helph oooh?"
Wiping his mouth of cake, Greg accepted a letter the middleman handed him, and opened it with his cake-covered fork.
"Cordially invited, dinner, tomorrow, fancy schmancy place..... I'm going to assume this is some sort of proposition..... Means I don't have to pay. Righty-o then. I should go. Thank you sir, now if you'll 'cuse me."
Going straight back to eating cake, Greg planned on waiting for his larger, more cargo-friendly ride back to the airstrip arrived, and making a detour into downtown. Seeing as he was likely still on some watch list somewhere, he didn't get many opportunity to stay in the States for long periods of time, and wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to stay and extra day or two, even if it was in a cheap hotel.

The next day, Greg found himself in a Chinatown hotel, eating takeout and watching the UN debacle while his clothes were washed. He hadn't slept, seeing as he'd been asleep the whole plane trip over, and was looking forward to watching the proceedings, if only for the political shitstorm it would create, and the protests.

Phoenix347

xlKoralx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:15 am

Ryouske Narigata found himself sitting in his office this evening puffing smoke from between his lips. The time in Japan is roughly 10-14 hours apart from the US depending on location. Here he sat in his office waiting on his report. He had someone posted where all the festivities where occuring in the US who he had purchase several of the new rifles that where going up. They where going to be tested and brought back. If they ended up being well liked they would be contacting the producers for a shipment or two in which contact information had been left with them already. Such was the life and method of business. Personally Ryosuke was not a fan of business, however it was not something he could ever escape. The cigar he was pudding on was a Montecristo, cuban make. A medium grade Earthy cigar that gave a thick luminous smoke and a fulfilling punch with it's flavor. The smoke was good so he was not complaining.

In Cambodia he had a few teams that would be returning to Tokyo soon. They had gone out there upon request and where paid by an official who couldn't get rights from the UN to aid against the terrorist group there that tie back to the Khmer Rouge. The terrorist groups had once again attempted to throw and dissuade locals in one of the nearby countries into starting civil war on their behalf. The last time this was recorded was in 2007 in Southern Thailand. As they began to dictate peoples opinions inhumane acts where committed and the UN took notice but had bigger prominent issues throwing this under the bucket. A somewhat paultry fee was paid and that covered three teams from the Akaken. The third was actually generosity and more of a condolence fee but it also secured a future buyer and good word with other potential buyers. He muled over the reports from that minor conflict and mostly nodded his head. There was nothing too serious to report a few local extremists where removed and now it all went quiet again. There were no casualties from his side which wasn't unbelievable considering how poorly preparred the terrorists where for something proffessional to roll in.

This report found it's way into a folder that was pulled from a cabinet labeled 'Active Operations' to one labeled 'Inactive Operations.' Ryosuke normally handled the final reports himself simply because most of what was in these files was confidential. There where other active operations but they where all essentially similar nothing major at this time. Although the Akaken have been active in two larger conflicts already and proven they are worth their metal. He was actually waiting in his office for a reason he was supposed to meet with someone who could provide cybernetic technology. There where uses for these cybernetics that where not their intentional use but that was an experiment in the works. They were not billionaires who owned multiple companies to invent the next line of warframes. There where often upgrades in weapons and combative systems that came from smaller end places like this that merely got improved with higher end resources when found. The Akaken was working on it's own designed weapon yet they were not that close to completion. They also had help from some localized Yakuza who where also interested in a new weapon. This was however mute to the point. The Akaken where waiting for the next major conflict they could get hired to partake within.

OOC: Just will post my intro not wanting to jump into the scene where everyone else is at the moment without having busines there..  

GalaxyCommander

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:56 pm
Phoenix347

Xelyn_X13

The_Sane_Hatter

irigan kitsune

Lord Sithious

xlKoralx

SixSteelStrings

Yue Belmont

Mister Winchester

loth17

Aidian Kyros

(OOC: Bump. I can't really post right now until others do. xp )  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:28 pm
Julia listened to the UN meeting while she drew out blueprints. "What mech structure would be best for fighting other mechs?" She asked herself. "When I am done that smooth talker will stand agape when he looks upon my Anti-mech suits."

(That is Julia's design philosophy. Mechs designed to fight enemy knockoffs and mech killers.)  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas