Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[GRAM ORP] Kiss Kiss Fall in Love Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sao Kasai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:31 pm
[ Buffet Area -> Games!]

"I met Max not too long after... uh... I found your h-house..." Izumi's cheeks took on a rose-y hue; It seemed she was still a tad bit embarrassed by that incident.

The scyther just growled lightly at Jace in response to his greeting. Oh good. Another human... And then a voice boomed through the air. "Scy!" The pokemon held up his sword arms and shrank down into a defensive posture, ready to attack.

"Oh, Max--I-its just... um... its not dangerous." She put a reassuring hand on the pokemon's shoulder. He looked around, unconvinced. "I-its just someone talking into... um... this thing that makes their voice louder..." It was hard to explain a PA system to someone who didn't even know what a microphone or a stereo system was.

The pokemon straightened up very slightly.

"U-um, s-so that when they have important things to say, entire rooms of people can hear them." The Scyther paused for a moment, considering this answer, and visibly relaxed when he decided this was a sufficient answer for now.

Izumi turned her attention back to her human friend. "H-he seemed... B-busy..." It seemed a little bit rude, or at least odd, for Izumi to move away from the buffet table without her friend-date, but with the crowd of people starting to move towards the back... "I-I think w-we should get in line b-before spots fill up... I-I'll find Izaya a-after we have numbers." She gave a weak smile to Jace and gestured for Max to follow them to the back.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:41 pm
insidiousEnigma
[Dancefloor/Buffet table: Izaya, Zacharie, and Andre maybe? WANTS TO PLAY GAMES!]

Citrine smiled at Zacharie as he stood, and was about to say something when Izaya began pulling her and Zacharie back to the buffet table. "AH! Hey whoa!" She stumbled as they walked and frowned. What was this guy's deal? She looked at Zacharie. "...He was fine when I was talking to him... But this guy thinks I'm his girlfriend! I don't even know him!" She looked back at the back of Izaya's head as she was dragged along, staring daggers at him for a moment. "He told me to take care of Andre for being lonely or something." She looked back at Zachrie helplessly a moment. "And here I was, going to ask if you'd save a dance for me." She sighed.

When a voice came over the PA system and said something about games, her face brightened. "HEY! We should play the games together!" She said to her friend, trying to get her hand away from Izaya so she could move to the back.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:14 pm
Buffet: All the pokemon. All of them. So many...

Schala smirked that present company was mostly like-minded about the silly human that was sort of harassing everyone? Was that the word? When Jozette gave her name, Schala started pawing at her ears, her face scrunching up. "Hrmmmmm!" Those names were familiar. "Jozette... Ion? Hmmm OH! I got it!" She stopped ruffling her face in thought and purred, a superior grin look on her face. "Citrine talked about you! You're friends, right? She said she wanted to battle Jozette again some day, and show Ion she got stronger. And she brought me here to meet more pokemon to..." Hnyuuu! She let out a distressed noise as she thought of the words. "broaden my horizons? I think she wants me to make friends and get strong too. She looks up to Ion I think." The espurr was a chatty one.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:37 am
[Buffet Area: with Andre, Aulus, Tambrey, Rory & co.]

Izaya had paused when the announcement sounded over the PA system. He stood there, thinking, when he heard Citrine's words to Zacharie behind him and realized she was trying to tug her hand away. It seemed she wanted to play with the purple-haired Rocket. Well, who was he to stop them? He was wary of going to the back when he heard that the KSO officers would be involved, but he didn't want to keep Citrine and Zacharie from having fun just because of him. He return to the table and keep Andre company on his own. Besides, he also had to go check on Izumi.

"You two go ahead," he said, released them with a small smile. "I'll go check on Sensei, so don't worry. Have fun!" And with that, he continued his journey to the buffet table.

Just as he had arrived, he saw Izumi, Jace, and Max headed in the opposite direction. Realizing they must have wanted to join the games too, he waved and beamed at Izumi to let her know he was glad she was going. He didn't want to hold her back from having fun either, especially if she wanted to enjoy herself among others. It was good for her to play with strangers along with the friend she was familiar with. Perhaps she would open up more.

"Hi, Andre-sensei," he said, walking back up to Andre. "Zachie-chan and the green-haired girl wanted to go play the games, so I said I'd keep you company for them." A thought occured to Izaya. "Unless...you want to go play, too?"

He peered over at Aulus, Rory, and Tambrey. "Are you guys going to go play? You can compete to prove your love to Tam-chii," he remarked with a mischievous giggle. Whether he was speaking to Rory, Aulus, or both was left ambiguous.

InsidiousEnigma
Lural

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:04 am
VerityHattress
Ballroom >> Games - Keita (Sorry for the delay!)

"Ahh, I see," KO nodded understanding. "Well I learned on the job myself as it happens, it's no disadvantage really if you start young as you are." She looked... maybe twenty? A little older than he had been but not terribly so. "It took me a little while to be sure where I wanted to be but I always knew I was interested in science." He hadn't been in school but that had been school. Grunt work in Galatic had been immeasurably more interesting than turn to page such and such and turn in your answers at the end of class. "As for your question... I suppose the public facing section might be for you? Certainly they have more time to spend working on their pokemon and observing other people's." Public facing! It wasn't exactly the best description but he couldn't really say 'field agent'.

At about that time a friendly voice came on over the PA announcing games. "Ooh?" KO's brows rose slightly and he turned to his companion. "Well I for one love to play nearly any kind of game, would you care to accompany me?"

In either case KO set off towards the area the announce had indicated, either after a goodbye to Keita or still strolling along with her.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:14 am
[Buffet area >> Games: Rory, Tam, Izaya, others??]

He still felt awkward now that Rory was here but to be fair he felt rather less awkward than he would if he was standing around on his own. "Well, good then," Aulus agreed with a nod, starting to make his approach to the food again; maybe he'd actually get some now without being interrup-

"Oh, games?" Aulus paused and turned to his companions. "Could be fun- Oh your're back are you?" Aulus turned to Izaya with a frown. "I thought you'd buggered off, what's with you tonight anyway? It's like somebody injected a metric ******** of pixie stix into your bloodstream or something. As I was saying though," he turned back to Rory and Tam, feeling it safer to just ignore Izaya's comments on love, "perhaps some games could be fun? I'm going to check them out at any rate, you coming? Food'll be here all night but this sounds like a limited time offer, potentially."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:39 pm
[Buffet Area: Izaya and Citrine]

"Ah," Zacharie's hand dropped limply to his side once Izaya released it, "Izaya, I-" But the dark-haired man was already weaving through the crowd towards the buffet table. The boy sighed softly, his hands clenching at his sides before he stuffed them into the pockets of his dress pants. "We can dance later, if you'd like." He offered, just loud enough so Citrine would be able to hear him. He scanned the surrounding people in search of his brother and when pale blue met pale green, Zacharie knew that his brother was alright.

He gave the older man a worried look anyway and only when Andre sent him an amused smile and a slight inclination of his head did he feel any better. "I'm not very good at games." He muttered, finally turning his full attention to the girl beside him. "...But I suppose it could be fun." He nodded before motioning for Citrine to lead the way.

IZAYA ORIHARA
Lural

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:19 pm
TawnyAngel
Ballroom >> Games - Kirk (That is alright. Sorry for the short reply. I'm doing this on mobile.)

Public facing? What did he mean by that? Maybe they could meet up at work later and truly discuss it? Anyhow, she didn't have much time to talk about it after the announcement. Games seemed fun enough. Perhaps it could at to the flair of this event?

"Sounds good to me," Keita followed after Kirk, Shock scurrying after her in order to meet her pace.  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:28 pm
(Buffet Area >> Games: Rory, Delic, Aulus, Izaya, Others)

"I'm happy with it; I wonder if we can make requests to the music though, later... Might have to, um, try, when we go for a dance." She replied to Rory with a smile, and turned.

Though something caught her ear.
"Stopped them what?" She inquired to the little psychic type, Delic, she'd heard, with a smile; she wondered if he remembered, or even knew, she could hear him.

Tambrey considered the food- they were almost there- and then considered the games. She wasn't /starving/ after all, she supposed, and Aulus made a good point about them potentially being a limited time thing...

Izaya's comment, however, got him a look that was somewhere between disappointed, slight disbelief that he'd actually said that, and embarrassment... Still, her words- her tone- were chosen carefully; almost like they'd been chosen for a child who might not understand why what they'd just said wasn't entirely acceptable.
"I, um, think I would like to play, but they certainly won't be competing over me. One there's no reason for that, and two, I'm not a prize for anything."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:04 pm
[Buffet area >> Games: Rory, Tam, Izaya, others??]

Aulus gave a decisive nod at his partner's- okay ex-partner's assertion and added; "Damn straight." Anyone who thought that Tambery Greene could be won, bought, or coerced into choosing one person over another could answer to his fists... Or her's come to that actually, it wasn't like Tam couldn't beat the crap out of ninety percent of the people present at this party these days. Probably considerably more than ninety percent actually, he considered with a touch of pride.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:16 pm
[Ballroom - Eumelia]

<> Viktor chirped, hopping daintily over the table to join the icy-eeveeloution at the plate.

"Hum, psychological?" Dith echoed, trying to figure out the slightly peculiar woman's angle as she continued speaking. "Eumelia," he echoed once more when she'd finished, taking care to pronounce her name as best he could. "No nicknames, understood! Hum, prediction? Well I would say that Viktor has good instincts but I can't prove that that's not just because he is sensible! Also he has very fast reflexes, but is that because he feels what will - or will probably - come next or just because he's fast?" Dith gave an impressive shrug to illustrate his ignorance. "I can't prove anything as I say but I find the idea very interesting! If pokemon such as Espeon can predict things what does that say about err, predetermination I suppose? Are we looking at a truly fixed course of history, or a trousers of time type situation where some paths are more heavily trodden and it's echoes of that which sensitive pokemon pick up on?"

After a momentary pause to take a sip of his drink Dith continued with; "Can I ask what your interest in these matters is? You seem... ah... not interested by the psychological angle but keen on the others? What is it that you do?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:13 pm
[Ballroom - Dith]

<< You're very welcome, Viktor dear!>> Celsius responded sweetly, very pleased to share with company apparently.

The woman considered Dith skeptically, and then with wary appraisal as he spoke. She seemed surprised to discover that Dith, apparently, was considering such things... though honestly how she looked was more like someone trying to reconcile that a complete idiot had just spouted a perfect rendition of Einstein's theory of relativity.
She relaxed somewhat as though slowly digesting and processing that Dith was -not- an idiot.

"Trousers aside," She began, carefully- trousers? what? Maybe she'd been too generous "that is exactly the interest I have. How and why do these things work, and to what extent. I believe it may have some relation to the mechanism of 'Future Sight' itself. I shall not elaborate past that; you may seek out my published work considering the matter should you wish."
And she'd apparently decided he was worth a proper introduction- which served, she assumed, as answer to his last question in addition to what she'd just said.
"Eumelia Strand, PhD. Poképhysics."

Games. Ugh. Eumelia was more than happy to entirely ignore the announcement, herself.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:31 pm
[Ballroom - Eumelia]

Oooh, it was a titles game eh? Dith grinned amiably and nodded as Eumelia spoke. "Interesting if so? How many pokemon can learn future sight exactly, and is that the same as those who are said to have err... precognition I suppose? Of some kind or another. What I mean by trouser is," Dith made a splitting gesture with his hands, "a divergence of paths yes? Where the present splits into possible futures. Given the number of possibilities though I don't know what kind of creature is wearing the trousers!" Still smiling broadly Dith offered a huge hand out to Eumelia to shake. "Dimitry Konstantinovich Vladamirin, MD. General surgery." This woman was definitely a bit out of the ordinary but in a way that appealed to him.... She reminded him a little of Snowy actually; though less detached she seemed just as interested in her own line of conversation and with just as little regard for niceties, the similarity couldn't help but endear her to him.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:59 pm
[Ballroom - Dith]

"There appears to be a connection between what we have labeled 'psychic' and those that are capable of learning that move, though it appears, intriguingly, not to be exclusive." Eumelia conceded readily, apparently pleased that he'd chosen to engage in such speculation- intelligent speculation anyway- regarding the topic. He hadn't even given one of those all too common blank 'you must be insane' looks to her that she could never quite figure out.
Eumelia decided, cautiously, that she 'liked' Dima... as much as she 'liked' anyone she'd just met, anyway.
"Ah. An analogy." She stated as she understood, but gave little indication of whether she approved of it or not.
"Nice to meet you, Doctor Konstantinovich." Honestly, it was said, somewhat obviously, because she'd learned that was what you were supposed to say, but there was some hint that she considered it to be genuinely pleasant to be talking to him.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:01 pm
[Buffet - to the games! Ooh hello K.O]

Lex stocked up on a few appetizers, listening slightly to the chatter. What ever drama was going on it was in a little section and he wasn't going to get involved. He nibbled on a strawberry, thoughtfully, considering what he should do next. Zach was rather occupied at the moment, and he didn't want to interfere with his former roommates family time. He hasn't seen K.O. yet and well.

Speak of the devil.

Lex headed towards the area, planning to meet up with his friend there, and perhaps K.O. would know what sort of drama was going on. At the very least, he would appreciate some gossip.

TawnyAngel
VerityHattress

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas