Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Hallowed Path [T/O] [Entrance] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:36 pm
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan
                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx What is this [ someday? ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footstebs untaken. we stand side bh side. What is it really, but a tomorrow or today?
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

[x] I blinked, and looked around. I was standing a few feet from the bonfire, which was starting to simmer down. What was I… My gaze drifted to where I recalled sitting, and the sheets of chakra paper that had been discarded there. Jean and Kaileer were nowhere in sight, though the Kokoro still bumbled about doing whatever he was doing. Moving back to the fireside, I threw a couple of logs on the pile and watched it spark back to life with a flurry of embers.

I blinked again. Thick fog and shadowy creatures, the dead trees seeming to reach for me as if to take hold of me. The hooded man in white and blue robes who had no eyes. He taught me how to use chakra, and even though I hadn't tried using the mystical energy, I could actually feel its presence now. Awareness was everything, and if I knew what I was looking for then I could grasp it and utilize it. There was something more than that though. The chakra was the only thing we talked about, but I had knowledge of how to make a variety of items now that I know for sure I didn't have before. Or… maybe I did, but I hadn't recalled it until then? It was hard to say. However, it came with an almost made desire to try out everything new I had discovered. Make something useful for the came.

It occurred to me then that I was holding something. A dagger with a jagged, black blade sat in my palm, its red hilt and grotesque pommel somewhat unnerving. Actually, the entire weapon was disconcerting for a reason I couldn't quite place. I had no idea where it came from, but I didn't particularly want it. For the moment, though, I set it with the rest of my supplies and stepped away from the warmth of the fire to figure out what happened to the other two.

Solid thudding from the house we'd chosen to occupy diverted my attention, ears standing straighter as I tried to identify the source. A hammer? Maybe Kaileer was trying to fix something. No, the sound was too dull to be, unless he was hammering cloth for some reason. Curious, I moved closer to investigate.

Inside was dim, the fire nearly down to embers. I could make out what I assumed was Kaileer's form lying in front of the hearth. He seemed to still be asleep so who was--

As my eyes adjusted, they settled on a feminine form. Blue skin, covered in white markings. Stark naked. Heat flooded into my face and I tore my gaze away. Hadn't she been dressed earlier? The Kokoro had supplied a warm set of clothes for the sylph but apparently she wasn't wearing them now. I shifted uncomfortably, but then glanced over my shoulder. She was beating a scabbard against the floor, wall, anything to make a racket, a look of sheer panic on her face. She screamed without sound. I stepped into the room to draw her attention, ignoring for the moment her state of being in favor of concern. I reached toward her hesitantly. "Hey, um… What's going on? Are you okay?"

My gaze drifted back to Kaileer. He must have been sleeping pretty heavily if that noise didn't wake him. Unless…? I felt panic starting to well until I saw him twitch in his sleep, which overwhelmed fear with a wave of relief. Not dead. But still, something was wrong. Looking back at the sprite, I waited for an explanation.

tab .CHAKRA : 155 / 155 .STAMINA : 160 / 160 .STATUS : None
                                      tab .EXP : 1210 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .MOOD : Worried
                                      ▀▀▀Suddenly I'm running slowly. Suddenly it all goes dark.

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 pm
User Image________________________________________Jean Coppelio Gogh
XXXX Male • Medium • 5'8" • 131 lbs

How about no?

Like a mirror image, Jean also recoiled at Joel's touch, almost immediately, too. Least of all to say, he certainly didn't lose out in terms of how purely disgusted he was. "Yeah yeah," Jean almost snarled, "Just don't touch me," as he wasted no time in leading the way to the house Joel had pointed out.

On the way there, he happened to get a glimpse of where Shea sat. Rather, where Shea sat when he last looked. Shea was no longer there, but there didn't appear to be any signs of a fight in the snow that lay everywhere. Jean could only assume that Shea had moved elsewhere. Hopefully, somewhere safer.

Once he was inside, Jean took a look across the shabby interior. If there was nothing that looked like it was immediately going to kill him, he turned around to his mole-ridden doppleganger and gave yet another shiver of disgust before turning away. "Let's make this is fast as possible." Needless to say, Jean didn't want to spend a second more near Joel. "Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?".

50/100 chakra
                                                                  20/100 stamina

. . .

Royal Taorito

Whatever Deci's gaia user is

Lanfaer
[  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:53 am
User Image
_______________Lettuce Finish This... ||
tab To say Joel looked several kinds of upset at the scenario would have been a vast understatement. Because he had no legitimate idea on how to get his moles back. Well, he did, but that required...touching him...
tab Vomiting slightly into his mouth and swallowing rapidly he eyes Jean for several moments before he nodded and gestured to the wound Jean had inflicted upon him. "You stabbed me and they fled to you. Maybe if I stab you back?" Moving over to one of the chairs that look relatively intact he pulled it to his side with a sudden tentacle and slid into it with all the grace of steamed mashed potatoes, which was entirely what he wished he was right then. Sighing, he gestured to the room with a look of incredulity. "I'm going to guess you don't want to do this anymore than I do?"

tab Fiorzia stared at Shea with fear as he moved closer, though not fear of him, as her grip upon the sword clearly showed as she tossed it to him. Sliding one leg out of the mess of clothing she left on the bed she seemed to disappear for a moment and reappear before him, seeming to form from the very air in a split second. This close to him he could detect the scent of fresh spring grass a moment before he began to taste it as she leaned in and kissed him hard and fast. As she pulled away a slight amount of warmth went with it, and suddenly he heard his own voice coming from the sprite's mouth as she turned to look at Kaileer. "He's stuck in the dream fugue and isn't waking!" Strange, hearing that from his own mouth. "If we are not careful he will never wake. I'll keep his body warm but we need chakra to feed the fugue lest it begin to consume him. Come! Put your chakra within him!"

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:16 am
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S W A R R I O R
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
All I'm seeing is grey, and all I know is I've been dragged down again.
D - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - ? ? ? H A K E M O T O

I won't linger no more, I've been too long in my storm. I'll rise up and embrace the silence, and let peace find me again.

[x] [Gaia sucks, so here's a summary of my post because I don't have time to rewrite it.

- Wondered about the scent of dust and the correlation it had with anything.
- Dodged back and to the side of Wan's barrage, attempting to drag blade along his side as he moved past.
- Maneuvered behind Wan and charged an S-rank formless Lightning Manipulation, aiming to discharge it straight into Wan's back. Strong enough to cause unconsciousness on contact with a normal person, and created a ten foot burst outwards that would paralyze someone caught within.
- Kaileer was thrown on his a** but unaffected by his attack; figured it was because he assumed it wouldn't affect him, due to past experience using it while having Lightning Resistance.
- Scrambled back up, reset stance hesitantly, and waited to see results.]

I've stopped running, I'm not hurting. I have my mind made up.

Counter | 36 / 200 [Paused]

Active Effects:
• Agility [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical speed.
• Power [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.
• Kengona Kiban [Solid Footing]: Stance. [.5] increase to physical strength, [.5] decrease to physical speed.

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: + 1.0 x Speed: + 0.0
• Spiritual| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Power [5] || Agility [5] || Intelligence [3] || Chakra [1]

Techniques Used:
• Raikou Henge no Jutsu [Lightning Transformation Technique] - D
• Unnamed katana slash - C - B-rank Strength + D-rank Fuuton

Current Objectives:
• Defeat Wan.

Items of Note:
• Strange Katana

Lanfaer

tab .CHAKRA : 250 / 250 .STAMINA : 315 / 315 .TRANCE : 10 / 10
                                          tab .EXP : 1425 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : Bruised Ribs .STATUS : None

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:28 pm

How about no?

"Then stab me."

Not a single flinch. Not a single stutter. Jean just stood as he always did, his posture naturally straight and elegant. His wounds from when he stabbed himself were still bleeding.

"Hurry it up."

His face said everything about how he felt about this situation. Disgust. Frustration. Anger (at himself and his mole-ish copy). He'd at least come to be able to accept that Joel's choices were his own, but that didn't mean he was able to look at Joel. He stared into a dusty corner of the room.

A very ugly personality, indeed.

100/100 chakra
                                                                  100/100 stamina

. . .

Royal Taorito

Whatever Deci's gaia user is

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:36 pm
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan
                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx What is this [ someday? ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footstebs untaken. we stand side bh side. What is it really, but a tomorrow or today?
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side.

[x] I barely caught the sheathed weapon as the sylph threw it at me. She didn't intend it to harm, but I still hadn't been expecting it. Taking a step toward me, she suddenly stood in front of me, seeming to have almost... phased out of sight briefly. I almost stumbled back from the close proximity; uncomfortably close, actually. But before I had a chance to react, she leaned closer and planted her lips against mine in a brief, awkward exchange. The fresh scent of spring enveloped me, a weirdly comforting smell that made me all the more uncomfortable with what was happening.

A surprised squeak escaped me, and my y eyes went wide. This time I did stagger backward, shocked beyond words. For a moment, my mind shut down as I tried to process what just happened. Or why it had happened. I gaped like a fish a few times before finally closing my mouth and remembering to breathe. That brought another wave of heat to my face that made me want to hide from the embarrassment. Maybe the Do'Vra were that forward, but such an action was completely inappropriate for a Beastling.

Then again, she was neither, and, combined with the fear she displayed, I found myself more confused than ashamed.

Her gaze turned back to Kaileer's still form, her eyes concerned and her voice frantic as she spoke. Stuck in a... no, the dream fugue and not waking. The? What did she mean by--

It took until she continued for me to realize I was hearing my own voice. It was so surreal that I almost missed what she was saying. I couldn't recall ever listening to my voice externally. But thinking about it, I could almost remember it sounding... different. Then again, I knew I had been older in my past life, so maybe that's what I was remembering. But for her to be borrowing my voice...Is that why she had kissed me? It made sense, although it didn't make it any less embarrassing. I shook myself to clear the thoughts away and focus on what she was saying. I needed to transfer my chakra to him? "Wait, what?" I said finally, self-conscious of how I sounded. "I-I only barely know how to control chakra. And even then I haven't actually tried using it."

A pang of uselessness bubbled up again, though I quickly shoved it back down and moved to the older swordsman's side. Maybe it would be kind of like healing was with yuunin. A transfer of my energy into him. Though with yuunin doing such a thing would drain energy on both sides. But I wasn't exactly healing him, just providing some strength. What little I seemed able to grasp anyway. "How does this work?" I asked, hovering my hands over Kaileer's unconscious form. "Maybe I should find Jean? He might be better for this..." Though given the urgency of her voice, I doubted there would be time

tab .CHAKRA : 155 / 155 .STAMINA : 160 / 160 .STATUS : None
                                      tab .EXP : 1910 [+700] .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .MOOD : Worried
                                      ▀▀▀Suddenly I'm running slowly. Suddenly it all goes dark.

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:47 pm
User Image
_______________Lettuce Finish This [At Last]... ||
tab There was no hesitation, no second thoughts. There wasn't even a heart's beat of pause between the contact between the top and bottom of Jean's lips before agony burned through him as tendrils tore into his abdomen and chest.
tab And yet...
tab The world was anything but quiet, yet the sensation of ears popping from pressure change followed by the howling of some strange beast in the distance was all that remained of the strange nightmare Jean had found himself in. Now his bearings had changed, with the cold wind caressing his cheeks as two voices, sounding identical, spoke within a nearby building. He was on his knees, a dagger in one hand and a vial in the other, though the latter bore a note attached to it as well. The note was simple, and signed in his own hand no less! "It wasn't a dream, but you need to know the truth. The Dead are coming, Jean. The Shards have awoken. Make a fortress, find survivors, build. Ugly as you are I'm letting you know, nothing is uglier than the evil that's coming. If you need me, shatter this. The potion inside will bridge our worlds one last time. Don't lose it. If you do, I'll know, and I know your fears as much as my own."

tab The naked Sylph shook her head mightily before reaching for the clothes that had been discarded by her previously and placing them upon Kaileer's body, which was even then becoming clammy and cold. He was fighting, that much was certain from the way his body worked. The struggling, the muscles clenching. He was in pain even as he moved. Touching his face carefully Shea's voice continued pouring from her lips as she explained. "Your chakra is your energy. It is a manifestation of your will and spirit. What you put your mind to. If you form that into a shape, and use the simplest of handsigns as a focus, you can channel it into other effects. Weak, yes, but this? This is strong right now, as the worlds come apart again. Please, you must try!"

tab Even as in the wakened world they fought to help Kaileer the aforementioned tomcat was fighting for his life. Kaileer missed as Wanryoku's body turned at the last second, though this time it was followed by the spears he'd summoned earlier raining from the sky with the crack of steel on stone as they would impale and split all they hit. Still the lightning was blasted out with a force that couldn't be denied, and in fact wouldn't as Wanryoku snagged one of the spears and held it out, catching the electricity a split second before burying the butt into the earth and channeling it straight down into the ground. It was enough to save him the scorching pain of electricity but it failed to stop the concussive force that followed, which blew him off his feet and hit the ground with a crunch that followed past him as the wave of force struck the building behind and ripped the boards and snow off in a thunderous collapse. Yet even as it fell Wanryoku stood, though he stumbled as his right knee convulsed from its movement. Yet for the first time since they'd begun fighting it seemed the Wanryoku wasn't fighting like the monster he'd become.
tab He was fighting like ********.
tab Reaching up to the horns upon his head the giant tore free his helmet and mask in a spray of steam and sweat, yet his silver eyes never left Kaileer's. The look of rage was gone, replaced by grim amusement. "I sorry, Shuhan," he began, his voice once more the one he remembered from the past. "I cannot control self. We fight. We end. You kill. Then come find me."

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:27 pm

What even?

What a convenient location to find himself in, within the vicinity of a familiar voice... voices? Jean figured that it was his mind playing tricks as he recovered from the lingering effects of the explosive pain. He was still gasping and clutching his chest because of it. Dead... Well, not exactly dead. That was a human notion he had adopted, but something close to it was what he had thought had come upon him. He might have appeared fearless when requesting to be stabbed but... His eyes shut tight at the mere memory. Just because he had suffered without making a noise didn't mean he hadn't suffered.

After a few seconds, he examined the contents in his hands. A dagger... of strange material. He would need to examine it at a later time. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he was already groggily thinking of what he could re-purpose the material into if it turned out to be a quality metal he was capable of working.

In his other hand, he held a vial, one that he was surprised he hadn't broken with the strength of a pain-fueled grip. He read the contents, and groaned with just the first sentence. He had been hoping, given his circumstances and distinct lack of injuries, that it had all just been a nightmare and that such a version of him didn't exist. He had been wrong. He was so disgruntled by this that the very first thought he had after reading the whole thing was, instead of, you know, realizing the value of the information and the potion. He vowed to never break this vial, but he also didn't want to confront his fears... so it look like it was going to be dead weight to carry from now on.

Jean put the vial away. He was just about to toss the note before... reconsidering. His nasty first impression aside, he had to admit at some point between then and now that... this note was something to heed. At the very least, it gave direction in a directionless world. Granted, this was always a direction Jean had meant to go in. Instead of tossing the note, Jean neatly folded it with brisk, perfectly symmetrical creases and carried it with him into the house with the voices. He would have put it away, but he was going to show it to the others pretty soon anyways, so why bother?

Well, he thought he was going to show it to the others soon, but he saw as soon as he stepped through the doorway that... everyone appeared to be busy. There was Shea with his dangerous antlers. There was the sylph, upon who Jean's eyes lingered particularly long on, appreciating her beauty as a piece of art. There was Kaileer, who he sort of forgot about until he saw the sylph place clothes on him. He appeared to be in some sort of trouble... of a not physical sort.

Jean had been admiring the sylph, but he hadn't been struck dumb. He heard what she had to say... in Shea's voice. He also noticed that. Though, none of that fixed the fact that he had walked into the middle of all this, with his only context being what the sylph had said just now. Jean frowned out of... Confusion? Irritation? Concern? Impatience? Good luck figuring that out, his pursed lips and the crease between his brows could have been any of the above. Though, what he was really feeling was a mix of concern and hard thought as he tried to solve in reverse what this whole situation could be about. At the moment, his best guess stemmed from his own experiences. He had just felt like he had left a dream himself. Then, could it perhaps be that Kaileer was also supposed to wake up? But now there had been complications? Solvable by forcibly pumping chakra into him like a Kai?..

In the time it took him to reach that, Shea had probably already solved the problem, though. You know... That was assuming he didn't whirl around and stare at Jean like a deer in headlights. That would be awkward because then Jean would only be able to respond by staring back like a deer in headlights himself.

100/100 chakra
                                                                  100/100 stamina

. . .

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:46 pm
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan
                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx When every [ s t e p ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab You'll find the edde. bevond the break of dav. Takes you a thousand miles away,
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab You'll find the edge, beyond the break of day.

[x] Hand signs? Hand signs... I recalled the robed man speaking of them as well. But more than that, the forms of the seals came as images in my mind from what I could only describe as... implanted information during the rushed training session. I knew for a matter of fact I had never used the motions before, but I could visualize what they looked like, and generally what each represented to aid me in the duty I'd been given. Uncertain if what I had learned would even work, I gingerly made the associated seal, and drew upon the pool of energy I knew now I had access to. It couldn't be that different from yuunin, right? Sure, the hand motions were new, but it was just their way of focusing the energy they held within them. So if it was similar, then I could just push the chakra in the direction I wanted it to go. Non-elemental, though. I had to be careful about that, or risk hurting Kaileer. But, then, that was the purpose of the different seals.

Less thinking. That wasn't going to get me anywhere. Vaguely, I noticed Jean from the corner of my eye. He didn't say anything, only watched the sylph with fascination and maybe the situation with a mild amount of concern. For now, he made no move to help.

Releasing the seal I'd made, I could feel the chakra pulsating in my hands. These I placed over Kaileer once more, transferring the energy into him. Harmlessly, I hoped. Honestly, I had no way of telling whether or not it was actually working as intended, nor did I really understand what was happening in the first place. But I was still going to at least try to help.

My gaze turned to Jean a moment later, partially curious where he'd gone. It was good to see that at least one of the other two were fine, though, even if the older boy wasn't particularly fond of me. Focusing on what I was doing kept me from thinking too much on it, and I tried to explain what little I knew of the situation. "I guess whatever happened a few minutes ago is still affecting him. According to her," I nodded toward the sprite, "he's stuck and fighting something. I get the feeling it might not end so well if he loses... But I also don't think it will be too good if he's stuck for much longer." I glanced back at the naked girl--only briefly--to confirm the concern.

tab .CHAKRA : 135 / 155 [-20] .STAMINA : 160 / 160 .STATUS : None
                                      tab .EXP : 1910 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .MOOD : Worried
                                      ▀▀▀Cause you don't know what tomorrow holds for you: Another path, or just a glimpse of truth?

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:36 pm
User Image

Sukui wo motomete norowarete unmei wo

Bokura ukeirete hashiri tsudzukete iku

[x] I raised my blade slightly as Wan faced me once more, nearly unfazed by the massive burst of energy a moment before. I hadn't quite caught what happened, since it all went so fast, but he must have brought his spears back to his hands as I was drawing the raiton chakra, and had used one of them to redirect the lightning into the ground. That hadn't stopped the concussive blast following, but otherwise the man was left unharmed. Well, aside from previously inflicted wounds.

It had been strong enough to blow apart a building and yet here the giant stood.

A burning sensation bloomed from my right arm, and my gaze drifted downwards. Blood oozed from a nasty gash just below the shoulder. One of the spears must have clipped me before we were thrown away. Aside from bruises, that was the only obvious injury that resulted, but it was still bad enough. Any closer, and the fight would have been over just like that. As it was, if left untreated it would probably take its toll before too long. My legs almost gave out from some combination of fear and the sudden sense of hopelessness that engulfed me. That was everything I had, the strongest attack I had that I had memory of how to use. Even then with the strength I'd lost in this new world I shouldn't have been able to use it in the first place. But I supposed this dream somehow... altered my limits. How was I supposed to defeat him if I couldn't even touch him? To make matters worse, it seemed like my only options to get out of this were either for him to die, or me.

My attention snapped back to Wan as the man pulled the antlered helm he wore from his head, revealing a familiar face, the same as I'd seen it so long ago. He was no longer enraged, but his expression more than told me this battle wasn't over. He spoke again, and they only made it worse, each word digging in like daggers. I quickly forgot about my physical pain in exchange for an unfathomable emotional pain that left me feeling as though I'd been run through the gut.

The blade I held suddenly felt like a great burden, and my arms fell to my sides, the tip of the katana clattering against the ground. I'd known what the answer was but... maybe I was too much of a coward to face it. "Stop..." The word was barely more than a whisper, and I hardly noticed I'd said anything at all. The combined anger and confusion and desperation I'd felt since waking took hold of me, and I lost control of my emotions. "Why are you doing this to me?!" My hands clenched into white knuckled fists as I cried the words to no one in particular. I wasn't even sure who I meant by 'you', nor did I care at the time. "Why do you have to take everything from me?!" Family, friends, my village, my home... Himari... it seemed like everything I tried to cling to in my past was ripped away. A deep pit of depression I'd always refused to acknowledge because I wanted to think I was stronger than that.

I raised my blade once more, reclaiming my stance with a strange, new resolution. One born from a fury I couldn't begin to describe. My gaze locked onto Wan's unwavering. "Fine," I growled through clenched teeth. "If this is the way it has to be, then just get it over with!" I bolted forward, sliding into an almost reckless flurry of blows. A dance, sort of, as I struck at the giant before dodging to the side and striking again. Over and over.

Kono yubisaki made shimiwatatta shoudou wo kakaete

Active Effects:
• Kengona Kiban [Solid Footing]: Stance. [.5] increase to physical strength, [.5] decrease to physical speed.

Current Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• Defeat Wan.

Items of Note:
• Strange Katana

Lanfaer

tab .EXP : 1425 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Declining .INJURIES : Bruised Ribs; Gash on upper right arm .STATUS : Enraged

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:28 am
User Image
_______________Lettuce Finish This [At Last]... ||
tab Wanryoku watched as Kaileer lost his mind in despair, something he could clearly recognize, and understand, given his expression as it continued. Sorrow. Deep sorrow, but also resignation. When Kaileer's body twitched Wanryoku grabbed one of the spears made from this personal chakra and held it before him in defense. And so as Kaileer rushed with his fury, without practiced form but only raw, anguished pain Wanryoku snapped his spear forward and slammed it into first one blade, and then the next, dropping back each each strike to make sure Kaileer didn't get too close. As the blades continued coming Wanryoku took his spear and charged it with his chakra in one fell swoop. Even as Kaileer advanced he brought the haft of the spear straight down, blasting chakra in a wave of force that had three effects in one. Firstly the ground beneath them fractured, sending dust and debris out from the force, while the same energy blasted Wanryoku and Kaileer backwards. Grunting from the impact he touched down and dragged the haft through the dirt to stop his movements, though he knew Kaileer wasn't going to stop.
tab No, he'd never stop.
tab And so when Kaileer came flashing forward with a roar on his lips Wan let go of his spear and rushed forward to meet him. This was it. This was the truth, the end of the short battle they could afford to have. The climax of their confrontation and an end to this damned nightmare. Stamina burst within Wanryoku's flesh, along with black chakra that left the silhouette of his ogre form blurring around him. Up came his fists, his most treasured method of fighting, as he ducked down to give himself the leverage and height needed to bring his enormous fist down and out, bringing his fist cracking into Kaileer's body...but not before the blade the former Raikage carried plunged into his chest.
tab The clap of force that followed was immense, in part because of the strange armor that formed over Kaileer at the last moment. Emerald light, shaped like the tree his chakra always formed, stood between Wan's fist and Kaileer's body, stopping it dead.
tab There was a gasp, followed by Wanryoku falling backwards off of the blade and crashing to the earth, where he coughed up blood from the wound. Hooded eyes filled with pain and...glory...turned to Kaileer, and in a bid with all he was he willed his face to become a smile. A smile of relief, and of joy. "You did it, Shuhan," he whispered, his voice pained and husky as he stared at his friend. His greatest friend. "T-thank...you..." One hand went to his chest where his blood was leaking out at a rapid place. It was clear from the amount and the rapidly spreading pool that the blow was mortal. No healing that Kaileer could offer, or treatment, would stop it now.

tab Fiorzia gestured to Kaileer, where tears had begun to spill from the corner of his eyes. Her voice was pained and quiet in the silence. "He's in pain," she began, Shea's voice still the only sound that can be heard from her lips. The chakra that had been pushed into him had sent a colored ripple throughout his form, and for a brief moment it had formed a small, green tree at the center of his chest. Yet it was gone a moment later, replaced by Kaileer's form becoming still. The tears were the only change in the last minute or two after the movements had fallen still. Turning to look a bit at Jean, and giving him full view of her exposed form, she held out a hand to him. "Please. If he dies, we die. I die. Help him."
tab
tab

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:18 pm

What even?

Jean was caught up now. Though, strangely enough, that didn't make him seem any less confused and that furrow between his brows remained. He understood what was happening. It was the request that concerned him. Due to his body, it was in his nature to absorb chakra from living things, not give it away, and while he had never been told not to, he was also, as pampered as a cage bird as he was, never put into a situation where he had to. Pumping chakra into weapons and trinkets and other inanimate objects? Certainly. Just, unfortunately, that was as far as his experience extended in such a subject.

Still, when someone as beautiful as Fiorzia asked, even claiming that her life and death were dictated by the results of this emergency, it wasn't just an obligation to try now; it was a duty. To the best of his abilities, he would protect the beautiful. This was the reason why, without faltering since Fiorzia spoke, he stepped forwards and besides Shea in assent. The antlers were still a problem, but Jean had his priorities, and his own strangely placed version of bravery. Though, perhaps his commitment to helping would be lost with the cautionary words he gave out, "I've never tried giving my chakra to a living human, so I can't promise anything," that gave off a more than just slightly pessimistic feel.

There was no need for the others to know that the exact part Jean was scared of messing up was that he'd accidentally absorb Kaileer's chakra instead of giving him chakra. If he just made sure his tendrils didn't extend from his body, then it should be fine.

Shea had stood over Kaileer's chest. A good place. Jean had stepped over to the side of Shea that the majority of Kaileer's body extended in, and since he maintained some personal space even if they were close, if he extended his hands out, then it would be over Kaileer's legs.

The first thing Jean noticed when he took a close look at Kaileer, in the hopes that there would be some sort of obvious sign about what to do, was that he was an absolute mess. It hadn't been more than a day since Jean and Shea had awoken, but Kaileer looked (and smelled) like he hadn't taken a bath for a few days, hadn't given his hair a good brush in a week, and hadn't gotten a good night's rest for more than am month. It must have been all that strenuous exercise, and probably a good deal of intentionally rolling in the mud or something.

So of course, setting his priorities very and infallibly straight, the first thing Jean did was to make Kaileer passably approachable. Some hand signs that were like second nature to a paragon of cleanliness like Jean and then when he laid his hands on Kaileer, he smelled much better. The larger than normal area spread of the technique had weakened it, so it wasn't a perfect clean, but at least Jean's nose was no longer crinkling like he had smelled a wet dog. [Kiyomaru (Cleanse)]

A waste of time, maybe, but it was only a waste of a second. If Kaileer was gonna die because of that, then he was gonna be gone no matter what Jean or Shea did. Jean's hands deftly formed the simple and straightforward seal for tiger immediately after applying Kiyomaru to Kaileer. Eyes focused on Kaileer and avoiding Shea, if Shea didn't say anything, then Jean would recommend, "I'll try his abdomen. You focus on his chest. On the count of three, we'll both shoot our chakra into him?". If Shea assented, then Jean would do exactly as he said, giving Kaileer his chakra through his core all while being careful to not do the opposite and feed on Kaileer's chakra. Jean had just eaten, in a manner of speaking, so there wasn't much temptation to feed off of Kaileer, anyways. The only things he worried about were habit or maybe instinct.

100/100 chakra
                                                                  100/100 stamina

. . .

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:43 pm
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan
                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx When every [ s t e p ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab You'll find the edde. bevond the break of dav. Takes you a thousand miles away,
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab You'll find the edge, beyond the break of day.

[x] The emotion in the sylph's voice didn't help my own, given the situation. I'd always had a powerful sense of empathy, so even though I didn't know Kaileer, I couldn't help feeling a great amount of concern and even fear for the swordsman's life. That provided the chakra I was giving him with the sort of... desperation needed to try and save a virtual stranger. To be honest, I'd have done the same for anyone even without prompting. But if it hadn't been for her, I might not have checked on him until it was too late.

Though her mention that we might die was also a huge motivation. I wasn't so sure she meant 'we' as in Jean and I as well, but I didn't want to take any chances. And even then, I didn't want to see anyone die.

Much to both my surprise and gratitude, Jean chose to help with some encouragement from the sprite. Part of me felt like it was only because she had asked, and I couldn't quite decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing. It didn't matter though because he was helping, and that's what counted. I watched fr a moment as he made a few hand seals and held his hands over Kaileer's legs. As he did, dirt somewhat lifted from the older boy's skin and clothes and faded away like it had never existed to begin with. This seemed to satisfy Jean, put his mind a bit at ease, and he focused on the situation as a whole. At his suggestions, I shifted my focus higher up on his chest to give Jean space over his abdomen. I nodded to signal I was ready and we counted down. One. Two. Three. Another burst of chakra passed from my hands to Kaileer's body, and to my side Jean did the same. Already I was starting to feel drained; clearly the massive amounts of yuunin I'd had in my world hadn't translated well to this world. I could only hope our efforts weren't in vain.

After a moment, I looked up at the sprite again. "Do you know how this happened? I know I was in a weird, dreamlike state, too, but why was he affected so badly?" Frowning slightly in concentration, I focused on what I was doing again. He'd grown still. Too still, almost. I might have thought he was dead if it weren't for shallow breathing. His expression still suggested a great pain, and I got the feeling it wasn't exactly physical. Something much deeper than that, that I wasn't sure could be saved. I felt a small pang in my chest, and for a moment couldn't help feeling like I understood it, like it was something I had experienced before.

But, just like every other time, the sensation was gone as quickly as it came.

My gaze remained fixed on the young swordsman, waiting for any change in his condition. Hopefully, once it came, it would be for the better.

tab .CHAKRA : 115 / 155 [-20] .STAMINA : 160 / 160 .STATUS : None
                                      tab .EXP : 1910 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .MOOD : Worried
                                      ▀▀▀Cause you don't know what tomorrow holds for you: Another path, or just a glimpse of truth?

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:16 pm
User Image

I've been looking at the sky to show me where I went wrong.

Been looking at the sky like someone was looking down. But it keeps raining on me.

[x]Why? My mind blanked from the rage, a red haze filling my vision as I forced everything else from my thoughts. I had to make him just another enemy. I had to envision him, my greatest friend, as something threatening everything I held dear. It was the only way I was going to be able to do what had to be done. But that was the problem, then, wasn't it? There wasn't exactly much left.

Wan put up a fight, as I expected, but took on a defensive role against my outright onslaught. Each blow against his spears was jarring, and seemed to tear the gaping hole in my chest only wider. He deflected every reckless strike, one after another, until one particularly powerful hit was accompanied by a burst of chakra that sent both of us backwards and cracked the earth between us from the sheer force. I caught my footing almost immediately, sliding to a halt and reversing the momentum to throw myself forward again, even as Wan reset his stance. Taking the katana in both hands, I raised it parallel to my head as I charged. An anguished roar escaped me as I realized too late that Wan had let go of his weapons.

Why? The giant's fist connected with my abdomen, and I expected to feel bone shattering and agonizing pain, but in never came. The rage melted from my body, my vision clearing at the sight of the vibrant emerald chakra that surrounded my body and apparently stopped Wan's fist. That attack had been his last because, while I was protected by this strange force, my blade had sunk nearly to the hilt in the man's chest. Wan collapsed, sliding off the weapon slick with crimson blood, and I dropped the offending weapon, hands shaking. My breath came in short gasps as my mind tried to process what I had just done. It wasn't like I'd never taken a life, but not... I felt nauseous, but couldn't bring myself to move, not at first.

"T-thank...you..." I jolted at the words, pulling me back to the present, to my raggedly breathing friend and the pool of blood that was spreading under him. His size meant his more powerful heart would pump the blood from his body all the faster. My gaze met his, a smile set through the pain in his expression. That smile, and everything it stood for, broke me and tears spilled over.

Finally, I forced myself forward, staggering over to the giant's side as the chakra faded from around me. Kneeling beside Wan, I clamped my hands over the wound even though I knew it wasn't going to do anything. It wasn't going to stop the blood from flowing from the other side. And even then, it was welling out between my fingers. "Why is this happening...?" I half choked, though I wasn't sure if I was asking Wan, or the world in general. "Why are you making me go through this? What's the point?" In the back of my mind, I still knew this was all part of some twisted dream, but everything about it felt real, to the point that in that instant I couldn't distinguish fantasy from reality.

After a moment, though, my hands slid from Wan's chest and I sat back. After all, there was nothing I could do outside of wait as my best friend slowly died.

But no one told you that this was going to hurt. And now all I really want is to scream.

Active Effects:

Current Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• Defeat Wan.

Items of Note:
• Strange Katana

Lanfaer

tab .EXP : 1425 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Declining .INJURIES : Bruised Ribs; Gash on upper right arm .STATUS : Numb

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:27 pm
_______________The Narrator Rips Out Your Heart... ||
tab Great heaving breaths stuttering as blood filled his lungs the giant continued to watch Kaileer carefully even as he sat back and watched Wanryoku die. Yet still there was that small smile on his face even as he leaned back further, allowing his eyes to close as he considered how best to speak. When at last he spoke again it was after several silent moments, and when he did it was with a tone of pain and...joy? "I not make, but happy I am," he began, pausing for a moment to cough wetly before continuing. "I awake, Kaileer. Awake for so long. Here. Dreaming. Yet now...now I wake." Opening his eyes the giant turned them back towards Kaileer's own, and from their glazed look it was clear that he was nearing the end of his rope. Yet he reached out one hand, reaching out to Kaileer, and he would remain as such until Kaileer took it. "Do not worry, Shuhan. We meet again, in a land far from home, but closer than think."
tab With one final breath, and a smile that lit up his face as it always had, Wanryoku perished.
tab The world around Kaileer froze entirely as Kaileer's world came to an end. Yet it was but one end, one of many in his life. And like the others they would leave an impression on him, an effect, one scar of many that mark his soul and defined him.
tab But that did not mean it was the last.
tab For in the real world Kaileer would wake.

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

[金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas