Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil Petpeeves Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:50 pm
Yeah, well, I grew up with Battle Toads and Double Dragon, but if either of those characters were in Super Smash Bros., I wouldn't say they're relevant. I still play the games and still love them, but a dead franchise is a dead franchise. And if Microsoft were to make a similar game to Super Smash Bros and included Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, as well as the characters from Rare which they now own, such as Joanna Dark, Konker, Banjo... If they were to include one of the Battle Toads into the game, it wouldn't make them any more relevant.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:00 pm
Gonna have to respectfully disagree. It's gaming history, which all of the Smash Brother games definitely delve into with the museums and whatnot. Dead franchise or not, it's relevant to Nintendo's long history. And gaming history in general if you include the guest characters. Just because the newer generation might not have any idea what half of the stuff is doesn't make it irrelevant.

I love Battletoads. I've never beaten one to this day, though. They're all way too hard for me, and I'm a Contra lover. Battletoads VS Double Dragon for SNES was impossible towards the end there, as far as I could tell. It's been a while, towards the end there on those bikes...  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:30 pm
I just think there's way too many generic looking characters in Brawl. It's got like, the meat of the game, Kirby, Mario, Solid Snake, Samus, Sonic, Pikachu, the characters that everone's gonna pick most of the time. And then you got like, some new pokemon from the latest versions, Pit, ROB, and a bunch of, let's face it, filler characters.
Although I think the biggest problem is with the clones. I mean, you got Ness, you got Marth, okay. But then they have to bring in some side characters like Roy and Lucas from those same series, and that's completely unnecessary, I think. That's the thing, they're pulling from the same series, just to fill in the character screen.
Either way, I think Brawl, and Super Smash Bros as a franchise is way overrated. I definitely don't see it as a killer app for the Wii.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:36 pm
Not only is pit a filler character but he's a ucking annoying character. They put Pit and Sonic for the casual gamers. They Pit has that non stop repeatative spinning move, which pisses me off since I'm only good at using Marth, and once you get hit it hits you toill a high hti percentage. I always tell the other guys to murder a pit player first, or I whip out Snake to Grenade his sorry a**, but I always lose that way since I'm not good at using him.
so basicly Brawl is for casual gamers that don't like to make any effort in actually trying out new moves.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:59 pm
It's not very balanced from what I've seen, too. Like, Samus can kick pretty much anyone's a**, whereas characters like Mr. Game and Watch, are severely underpowered.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:09 am
Biohazard EXTREME
It's not very balanced from what I've seen, too. Like, Samus can kick pretty much anyone's a**, whereas characters like Mr. Game and Watch, are severely underpowered.
I agree, but then someone who likes to defend the other side says," But game and watch has the number hammer that instant kills." Who gives a s**t?! It's random, and rare to get a high number.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:44 am
But wow, way off topic.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:12 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
*Ack-hem* As an exceptional player at that game, the unbalance within it, to me, depends upon the person playing and which characters they have. I present some situations that appear constantly when me and my friends play:
-When friend "Jay" gets the fan, no matter what, he can possibly kill me 2+ times with it, just by rapidly hitting the standard attack button and keeping me in the swing area.
-When friend "Arc" chooses Zelda, all his attacks take precedence over mine and everyone else playing.
-When I play, normally my attacks take precedence over everyone else's, sans "Arc" with Zelda, and when I'm two lives down, I can come back from that and get victory.
-When friends other than "Jay" pick Sonic while he is there, a vendetta occurs where he targets the Sonic player in order to prove who the best Sonic user is.
-When friend "Jay" and I are on our last life, the Smash Ball has a habit of materializing and floating wherever "Jay" moves, most noticeably when he has Sonic.
As for Samus being able to beat anyone, that is debatable because of characters like Fox, Pit and Rob that have reflector attacks. I'm a player who abuses reflector attacks. And as for Game&Watch, he is unorthodox do to his movement and attack animations not having any frames other than two or three. Against Samus, his oil attack (down+B) can catch up to three projectile attacks (excluding missiles) and then unleashes with power equal to the three attacks totaled.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:27 pm
Vinessa_Valentine
Biohazard EXTREME
*Ack-hem* As an exceptional player at that game, the unbalance within it, to me, depends upon the person playing and which characters they have. I present some situations that appear constantly when me and my friends play:
-When friend "Jay" gets the fan, no matter what, he can possibly kill me 2+ times with it, just by rapidly hitting the standard attack button and keeping me in the swing area.
-When friend "Arc" chooses Zelda, all his attacks take precedence over mine and everyone else playing.
-When I play, normally my attacks take precedence over everyone else's, sans "Arc" with Zelda, and when I'm two lives down, I can come back from that and get victory.
-When friends other than "Jay" pick Sonic while he is there, a vendetta occurs where he targets the Sonic player in order to prove who the best Sonic user is.
-When friend "Jay" and I are on our last life, the Smash Ball has a habit of materializing and floating wherever "Jay" moves, most noticeably when he has Sonic.
As for Samus being able to beat anyone, that is debatable because of characters like Fox, Pit and Rob that have reflector attacks. I'm a player who abuses reflector attacks. And as for Game&Watch, he is unorthodox do to his movement and attack animations not having any frames other than two or three. Against Samus, his oil attack (down+B) can catch up to three projectile attacks (excluding missiles) and then unleashes with power equal to the three attacks totaled.
Yeah well this is way off topic, but yeah, I'm talking about moves in general, not using items, and the game and watch buet collecting is hard to use since you have to time it perfectly. People who use Pit that are casual gamers are the ones who piss other people off by using the rapid spin dagger move all the time I really ******** ahted it sincfe I was marth. Once you get touchedit's almost impossible mfor me to get away unless I'm on the edge. I say Nintendo ******** up big time. This is why I don't like playing brawl. So yeha end of discussion.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:58 pm
Before we get off topic, try countering with Down+B when using Marth, it works every time I try.  

Vinessa_Valentine

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:03 pm
Wesker: Having a clean desk (when he was with S.T.A.R.S.).
Rebecca: Being confused with Japanese pop stars.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:08 pm
Vinessa_Valentine
Before we get off topic, try countering with Down+B when using Marth, it works every time I try.
Yo udon't seem to understand, hen I try to hit Pit, everytime right befofre I do he uses the rapid wheel spin, and since it really is rapid as hin one hit every second I have no possiblilty of countering it. And also yes I know you can counter it, but that's only i you get it off first hand if you try it ater he uses it ist's almost impossible since your getting hit every second now back on topic!

G-birkin: Little kids that help his prey get away.  

Alkaizer87

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:40 pm
The fact that there is no way to access the true canon ending of the first Resident Evil; that being the ending were Chris, Jill, Barry, and Rebecca all escape. Now, the first one, I can forgive. They didn't really have a sequel in mind when they made the first game. However, with REmake, they knew what the true canon ending was, but that ending was still not included. I was really looking forward to seeing that in REmake, but they ripped us off.

Seriously, there's no way to see the true, canon ending to the mansion incident story in any reincarnation of RE1? What kind of bullshit is that?!?

I only saw the true ending on Youtube when someone spliced the best endings for Chris and Jill together in the PSX version.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:57 am
Well, how would you get a true ending anyway? It's not like Rebecca is in Jill's scenario at all, or Barry in Chris' scenario. So they're not just gonna magically appear in the helicopter.

But this thread is about the Characters' pet peeves, really... I think Living in Canada would be Barry's biggest pet peeve. In order to protect his family, he had to move to the one country with the tightest gun control. Poor guy. He probably hates liberals.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:56 pm
Just want to add in on the Brawl...err, Brawl really quick. The game is not just for casual characters, and none of the characters are for casual players. No character can PWNNNN!!! another certain character, it all depends on the skill of the player. Also, relevance is definitely a consideration for characters they picked. Who cares that Kid Icarus is a dead franchise? It was awesome while it was alive, and many people still love that game, so why not add him to the roster...This could go for aaaaannnnnyyyyy franchise they wanted. It doesn't all depend on today's gamers in general, so...All in all, Brawl was fun.

Claire: German vampires.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces